Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update, May 2017
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
The tapir genes pretty much all look like Current
The tapir genes pretty much all look like Current
qZ7AMuJ.png

Custom Moodboards
Great quality and image sources!

qZ7AMuJ.png
Tapir reminds me too much of Ripple and Current...
Tapir reminds me too much of Ripple and Current...
Updating Signature 1606945728871.png Updating Signature
I would like to see the genes on a few different color variants. That would make it easier to answer, but I'll go with three.
I would like to see the genes on a few different color variants. That would make it easier to answer, but I'll go with three.
4UUQPPZ.gif
[quote name="rainismysunshine" date=2017-05-13 15:59:54] But.. but.. but.... I like the wings on number 1, yet the body on number 2... [/quote] This seems to be the opinion of anyone who voted number 2 Source: I voted number 2 but like number 1's wings Seriously though, they better mix them.
rainismysunshine wrote on 2017-05-13:
But.. but.. but.... I like the wings on number 1, yet the body on number 2...

This seems to be the opinion of anyone who voted number 2

Source: I voted number 2 but like number 1's wings

Seriously though, they better mix them.
image.pnglMoMteR.pngimage.png
[quote name="@elmlily" date=2017-05-13 12:53:44] The Tapir. It's so hard to pick just one image; I love the wings from version 1, especially that the small bars are more present through the middle-joint; but the body from 1 is... eh? Too close to Ripple, I think. The face from 2 (and 3) makes me happy, it's very soft-wearing around that PC's eye. And the adorable ear spots stand out better. About 3: "the body has only large bands of lighter colour" isn't quite right; in some areas I see it has more spots and speckles where version 1 has broad bands (look at the pre-wing bunch of muscle, and high on the flank and around the butt.) I prefer the interspersed spots and speckles! sorry about not having the right words for dragon anatomy [/quote] When you go to the poll, it actually says the third one has more large bands, and no small ones (the first one covers having a little of both). They all have spots though, which is why I think @EarthTiger didn't include them in her descriptions
@elmlily wrote on 2017-05-13:
The Tapir. It's so hard to pick just one image; I love the wings from version 1, especially that the small bars are more present through the middle-joint; but the body from 1 is... eh? Too close to Ripple, I think. The face from 2 (and 3) makes me happy, it's very soft-wearing around that PC's eye. And the adorable ear spots stand out better.

About 3: "the body has only large bands of lighter colour" isn't quite right; in some areas I see it has more spots and speckles where version 1 has broad bands (look at the pre-wing bunch of muscle, and high on the flank and around the butt.) I prefer the interspersed spots and speckles!

sorry about not having the right words for dragon anatomy

When you go to the poll, it actually says the third one has more large bands, and no small ones (the first one covers having a little of both). They all have spots though, which is why I think @EarthTiger didn't include them in her descriptions
@Josta "tert colour"? These are primary and secondary genes....
@Josta "tert colour"? These are primary and secondary genes....
[quote name="Chaos199" date=2017-05-13 16:28:52] [quote name="@elmlily" date=2017-05-13 12:53:44] The Tapir. It's so hard to pick just one image; I love the wings from version 1, especially that the small bars are more present through the middle-joint; but the body from 1 is... eh? Too close to Ripple, I think. The face from 2 (and 3) makes me happy, it's very soft-wearing around that PC's eye. And the adorable ear spots stand out better. About 3: "the body has only large bands of lighter colour" isn't quite right; in some areas I see it has more spots and speckles where version 1 has broad bands (look at the pre-wing bunch of muscle, and high on the flank and around the butt.) I prefer the interspersed spots and speckles! sorry about not having the right words for dragon anatomy [/quote] When you go to the poll, it actually says the third one has more large bands, and no small ones (the first one covers having a little of both). They all have spots though, which is why I think @/EarthTiger didn't include them in her descriptions [/quote] @Chaos199 Yeah, I wasn't looking at the spots really ^^' they do change on each example, but it's so subtle and only in certain areas, so I didn't bother to mention them.
Chaos199 wrote on 2017-05-13:
@elmlily wrote on 2017-05-13:
The Tapir. It's so hard to pick just one image; I love the wings from version 1, especially that the small bars are more present through the middle-joint; but the body from 1 is... eh? Too close to Ripple, I think. The face from 2 (and 3) makes me happy, it's very soft-wearing around that PC's eye. And the adorable ear spots stand out better.

About 3: "the body has only large bands of lighter colour" isn't quite right; in some areas I see it has more spots and speckles where version 1 has broad bands (look at the pre-wing bunch of muscle, and high on the flank and around the butt.) I prefer the interspersed spots and speckles!

sorry about not having the right words for dragon anatomy

When you go to the poll, it actually says the third one has more large bands, and no small ones (the first one covers having a little of both). They all have spots though, which is why I think @/EarthTiger didn't include them in her descriptions

@Chaos199
Yeah, I wasn't looking at the spots really ^^' they do change on each example, but it's so subtle and only in certain areas, so I didn't bother to mention them.
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
New gene, woot! One and Three both look really similar to ripple, so I picked two.
New gene, woot! One and Three both look really similar to ripple, so I picked two.
Oooh, I do love that new gene, whichever version gets picked! (pick #1!)
Oooh, I do love that new gene, whichever version gets picked! (pick #1!)
Oohhh, Tapir looks real nice, especially #2! Both 1 and 3 look very similar to Ripple in my opinion..
Oohhh, Tapir looks real nice, especially #2! Both 1 and 3 look very similar to Ripple in my opinion..
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45