Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Fowl Familiars
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 49 50
Wiiiillllld clllllaaaawwwwss
Wiiiillllld clllllaaaawwwwss
Ornate armor!!!!!!!
Ornate armor!!!!!!!
swip.png Yumi's XXX G1 quest
Wishlist
Yumi's goal tracker
[quote name="Morgrim" date="2014-11-27 03:00:41"]I think, on balance, I'm actually mildly annoyed at this 'event'. I enjoyed the fact that Flight Rising isn't so US-centric as most sites and that holidays were all unique to the setting and not based purely on North American or Christian holidays. And yet now we're having a mini-event that is PURELY based on a holiday that is only celebrated by one country in the world. Which is irritating. Surely it would have been possible to make 4 seasonal familiars and yes, one of those could easily be a turkey as a nod to that particular regional event if so desired, then have them appear throughout autumn. That seems much better than dragging in RL holidays that are irrelevant to the majority of the potential player base. I mean it's bad enough that every single website has to tell those in the southern hemisphere that we don't matter by always, ALWAYS having games involving a whole planet mysteriously have seasons identical to the north, but at least FR previously wasn't falling into the regional holiday trap as well. So yeah, on balance I'm irritated at this 'Thanksgiving' stunt. *braces for flames*[/quote] Not to mention they decided to do this stunt during Rockbreakers when we are busy in the coli grinding for geodes and are now forced to go to the boreal woods where the drop rates of the geodes are abysmal since the turkey is gone with 1st december.
Morgrim wrote on 2014-11-27 03:00:41:
I think, on balance, I'm actually mildly annoyed at this 'event'. I enjoyed the fact that Flight Rising isn't so US-centric as most sites and that holidays were all unique to the setting and not based purely on North American or Christian holidays.

And yet now we're having a mini-event that is PURELY based on a holiday that is only celebrated by one country in the world. Which is irritating. Surely it would have been possible to make 4 seasonal familiars and yes, one of those could easily be a turkey as a nod to that particular regional event if so desired, then have them appear throughout autumn. That seems much better than dragging in RL holidays that are irrelevant to the majority of the potential player base.

I mean it's bad enough that every single website has to tell those in the southern hemisphere that we don't matter by always, ALWAYS having games involving a whole planet mysteriously have seasons identical to the north, but at least FR previously wasn't falling into the regional holiday trap as well.

So yeah, on balance I'm irritated at this 'Thanksgiving' stunt. *braces for flames*

Not to mention they decided to do this stunt during Rockbreakers when we are busy in the coli grinding for geodes and are now forced to go to the boreal woods where the drop rates of the geodes are abysmal since the turkey is gone with 1st december.
m5kNycY.pngFMdbyfP.pnge3svukl.pngLSkUnqX.png
I'd hoped Facet will show up asap and had gems and everything but now I'll blow my savings on the scroll it seems
I'd hoped Facet will show up asap and had gems and everything but now I'll blow my savings on the scroll it seems
FML WHY DO THIS TO ME THIS WEEKEND???? AUGHGHFSJGNMSD I NEED THOUGH........
FML WHY DO THIS TO ME THIS WEEKEND???? AUGHGHFSJGNMSD I NEED THOUGH........
n1ngOA5.png

aeonox_signature_by_jenihudson-d8x54uk.png
I have wasted quite some time grinding in Woodland, because I thought it appeared there. It's called a Woodland Turkey, so I assumed it was in Woodland. Whoops.
I have wasted quite some time grinding in Woodland, because I thought it appeared there. It's called a Woodland Turkey, so I assumed it was in Woodland. Whoops.
"Commerce is just a game, and money is the way of keeping score."
a1QTEJn.png
[quote name="Takora" date="2014-11-27 03:05:55"][quote name="Morgrim" date="2014-11-27 03:00:41"]I think, on balance, I'm actually mildly annoyed at this 'event'. I enjoyed the fact that Flight Rising isn't so US-centric as most sites and that holidays were all unique to the setting and not based purely on North American or Christian holidays. And yet now we're having a mini-event that is PURELY based on a holiday that is only celebrated by one country in the world. Which is irritating. Surely it would have been possible to make 4 seasonal familiars and yes, one of those could easily be a turkey as a nod to that particular regional event if so desired, then have them appear throughout autumn. That seems much better than dragging in RL holidays that are irrelevant to the majority of the potential player base. I mean it's bad enough that every single website has to tell those in the southern hemisphere that we don't matter by always, ALWAYS having games involving a whole planet mysteriously have seasons identical to the north, but at least FR previously wasn't falling into the regional holiday trap as well. So yeah, on balance I'm irritated at this 'Thanksgiving' stunt. *braces for flames*[/quote] Not to mention they decided to do this stunt during Rockbreakers when we are busy in the coli grinding for geodes and are now forced to go to the boreal woods where the drop rates of the geodes are abysmal since the turkey is gone with 1st december.[/quote] These are really good points... actually I'm annoyed at the black friday thing more than anything else. TBH America[i] [b]ISN'T[/b][/i] the only country with Thanksgiving... but it's a NORTH AMERICAN holiday for sure. ^^;
Takora wrote on 2014-11-27 03:05:55:
Morgrim wrote on 2014-11-27 03:00:41:
I think, on balance, I'm actually mildly annoyed at this 'event'. I enjoyed the fact that Flight Rising isn't so US-centric as most sites and that holidays were all unique to the setting and not based purely on North American or Christian holidays.

And yet now we're having a mini-event that is PURELY based on a holiday that is only celebrated by one country in the world. Which is irritating. Surely it would have been possible to make 4 seasonal familiars and yes, one of those could easily be a turkey as a nod to that particular regional event if so desired, then have them appear throughout autumn. That seems much better than dragging in RL holidays that are irrelevant to the majority of the potential player base.

I mean it's bad enough that every single website has to tell those in the southern hemisphere that we don't matter by always, ALWAYS having games involving a whole planet mysteriously have seasons identical to the north, but at least FR previously wasn't falling into the regional holiday trap as well.

So yeah, on balance I'm irritated at this 'Thanksgiving' stunt. *braces for flames*

Not to mention they decided to do this stunt during Rockbreakers when we are busy in the coli grinding for geodes and are now forced to go to the boreal woods where the drop rates of the geodes are abysmal since the turkey is gone with 1st december.

These are really good points... actually I'm annoyed at the black friday thing more than anything else.

TBH America ISN'T the only country with Thanksgiving... but it's a NORTH AMERICAN holiday for sure. ^^;
n1ngOA5.png

aeonox_signature_by_jenihudson-d8x54uk.png
WELL THERE GOES MY TREASURE
WELL THERE GOES MY TREASURE
znUq0Ui.gifnwRXuBh.gif7NtoXsU.gif
omg that turkey |D
omg that turkey |D
2a0j783.jpg
That turkey creature is beautiful - but I'm seriously tired of hearing about this whole "thanksgiving" idea. This is a fantasy world, it should have less to do with USA holidays, and especially not promoting a tradition that's basically centered around bird genocide and a more than macabre historical background...
Sorry for just stating a negative opinion and nothing else, but it really irks me :/
That turkey creature is beautiful - but I'm seriously tired of hearing about this whole "thanksgiving" idea. This is a fantasy world, it should have less to do with USA holidays, and especially not promoting a tradition that's basically centered around bird genocide and a more than macabre historical background...
Sorry for just stating a negative opinion and nothing else, but it really irks me :/
forumbanner_by_gescheitert-db4kbwa.jpg
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 49 50