Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Fowl Familiars
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 49 50
Wow thanks for the turkeys. I love them. Thanksgiving is about be thankful for the fall harvest too. That is not unique to the USA. You could call it unique to the norther hemisphere. Sad to see something as benign as Thanksgiving being controversial. [quote][url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving_%28Canada%29]Thanksgiving [/url](French: Action de grâce), or Thanksgiving Day (Jour de l'action de grâce), occurring on the second Monday in October, is an annual Canadian holiday which celebrates the harvest and other blessings of the past year.[/quote]
Wow thanks for the turkeys. I love them. Thanksgiving is about be thankful for the fall harvest too. That is not unique to the USA. You could call it unique to the norther hemisphere. Sad to see something as benign as Thanksgiving being controversial.
Quote:
Thanksgiving (French: Action de grâce), or Thanksgiving Day (Jour de l'action de grâce), occurring on the second Monday in October, is an annual Canadian holiday which celebrates the harvest and other blessings of the past year.
FSsig6png.png
9591.gif9592.gif9593.gif9594.gif9595.gif9596.gif9597.gif9598.gif9599.gif9600.gif
Aaaaand there, I got my own turkey ^^
Aaaaand there, I got my own turkey ^^
[quote name="Lucatri" date="2014-11-27 03:30:46"]Why are people so mad about this event?[/quote] In my case? [b]I'm not Amercian[/b] and yet I have to put up with horrible Thanksgiving stuff trying to invade my life at this time of year. I cannot see the appeal of marketers trying to shove a holiday onto me that involves racist caricatures of native north amercians and celebrations of the puritan religious extremists, for the purpose of eating far too much food, fighting with one's family and then going on a shopping spree. Maybe there is more to it, but that's ALL that gets shown in media here. Over, and over, and over, with marketers trying to get people from other countries to ALSO go on shopping sprees. It is incredibly irritating. Especially when Flight Rising admins promised that all holidays would be unique to the game and not regional. Not to mention this is invading poor Earth Flight's festival and going to overshadow it, because everyone who wants that rare familiar has an absolutely tiny window of opportunity to do so or be at the mercy of scalpers. (I don't trust that it'll get a bigger release window next year.)
Lucatri wrote on 2014-11-27 03:30:46:
Why are people so mad about this event?
In my case? I'm not Amercian and yet I have to put up with horrible Thanksgiving stuff trying to invade my life at this time of year. I cannot see the appeal of marketers trying to shove a holiday onto me that involves racist caricatures of native north amercians and celebrations of the puritan religious extremists, for the purpose of eating far too much food, fighting with one's family and then going on a shopping spree. Maybe there is more to it, but that's ALL that gets shown in media here. Over, and over, and over, with marketers trying to get people from other countries to ALSO go on shopping sprees.

It is incredibly irritating. Especially when Flight Rising admins promised that all holidays would be unique to the game and not regional. Not to mention this is invading poor Earth Flight's festival and going to overshadow it, because everyone who wants that rare familiar has an absolutely tiny window of opportunity to do so or be at the mercy of scalpers. (I don't trust that it'll get a bigger release window next year.)
Seeking male mirror skins/accents.
I don't mind so much but considering it's happening during a festival and the fact it's a US based holiday thing...it doesn't make me that happy.

Not that it makes a difference to me because I've got no time to game at the moment anyway.
I don't mind so much but considering it's happening during a festival and the fact it's a US based holiday thing...it doesn't make me that happy.

Not that it makes a difference to me because I've got no time to game at the moment anyway.
LKzi7uW.png
Turkey.
gobble gobble.
Turkey.
gobble gobble.
*place egg here*-->
tumblr_inline_n69vi2Ef021qlye38.gif
YAY! *off to hunting turkeys*
YAY! *off to hunting turkeys*
PWSZq63.pngN5Fffyx.pngwX6kcXO.png
@Morgrim

I've never celebrated this holiday before in my life, either.

YMMV, but I don't think the admins are 'shoving' this in the community's faces. The news update doesn't count for obvious reasons. Maybe you think it's unfair that you'll miss out on a new familiar opportunity if you don't go to the Woods, but at the same time, you don't even want to go there because you don't celebrate Thanksgiving. However, you have a choice of not going there. If you are so against Thanksgiving, maybe it would be better that you don't even get the familiar which reminds you of that holiday.

But unless you really dislike it, I don't see why grinding there would be a problem. Yeah, we only have a few days to obtain the drop, but they're dropping like flies right now. I'm guessing the admins did that on purpose.
@Morgrim

I've never celebrated this holiday before in my life, either.

YMMV, but I don't think the admins are 'shoving' this in the community's faces. The news update doesn't count for obvious reasons. Maybe you think it's unfair that you'll miss out on a new familiar opportunity if you don't go to the Woods, but at the same time, you don't even want to go there because you don't celebrate Thanksgiving. However, you have a choice of not going there. If you are so against Thanksgiving, maybe it would be better that you don't even get the familiar which reminds you of that holiday.

But unless you really dislike it, I don't see why grinding there would be a problem. Yeah, we only have a few days to obtain the drop, but they're dropping like flies right now. I'm guessing the admins did that on purpose.
tumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o7_100.pngtumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o7_100.png
@morgrim
I agree wholeheartedly!

I'm British and I don't seem to remember them celebrating Guy Fawkes night..... even though we aren't the only country to celebrate that (though it IS a British holiday lmao)

What about White Day, or Children's Day in Japan?
In fact, what about other major holidays like Valentines day? I don't remember their being an elusive heart eating sprangyroo being released or anything like that.

@Takora the turkeys are earth element, they are dropping geodes quite a bit 9as does the maned rassa)

While I'm happy I got such an elusive familiar quickly (seriously guys! 3 days?) I am rather angry that you have went back on your word that there would be no holidays centred on real world holidays!
@morgrim
I agree wholeheartedly!

I'm British and I don't seem to remember them celebrating Guy Fawkes night..... even though we aren't the only country to celebrate that (though it IS a British holiday lmao)

What about White Day, or Children's Day in Japan?
In fact, what about other major holidays like Valentines day? I don't remember their being an elusive heart eating sprangyroo being released or anything like that.

@Takora the turkeys are earth element, they are dropping geodes quite a bit 9as does the maned rassa)

While I'm happy I got such an elusive familiar quickly (seriously guys! 3 days?) I am rather angry that you have went back on your word that there would be no holidays centred on real world holidays!
Sigs.png
I just bought the armor set from AH yesterday and it comes up like this :( I should wait a day.
I just bought the armor set from AH yesterday and it comes up like this :( I should wait a day.
BNNhhuo.jpg
[quote name="Lucatri" date="2014-11-27 03:35:12"] They didn't throw darts at a calendar and say, 'Hey! Let's arrange this event during Rockbreaker's 4 teh lulz!' They set up this event today because [i]it's Thanksgiving today[/i]. The drop rates of the geodes are actually really good, since the turkeys are Earth and spawn extremely frequently, usually in groups of 3 (I've had 9 of them in a row. 5 geodes.) You're not forced to go to the Boreal Woods, if geodes are so important to you, you can go grind in the Arena or something in the hypothetical situation that these new monsters aren't Earth-element.[/quote] @Lucatri [i]FR does not celebrate RL holidays. There is no Thanksgiving in FR. [/i]FR has it's own holidays (aka the festivals), and that I was so glad about when I joined. Did we have a Halloween familiar? A Christmas one? Etc. No. I am okay if they release annual stuff like the leaf fall but 3 days for a familiar is ridiculous paired with the laggy coli during a festival. If they had relased the turkey till the end of the year I would have no problem whatsoever, but the turkey is obviously there because of a RL holiday.
Lucatri wrote on 2014-11-27 03:35:12:

They didn't throw darts at a calendar and say, 'Hey! Let's arrange this event during Rockbreaker's 4 teh lulz!' They set up this event today because it's Thanksgiving today. The drop rates of the geodes are actually really good, since the turkeys are Earth and spawn extremely frequently, usually in groups of 3 (I've had 9 of them in a row. 5 geodes.)

You're not forced to go to the Boreal Woods, if geodes are so important to you, you can go grind in the Arena or something in the hypothetical situation that these new monsters aren't Earth-element.

@Lucatri
FR does not celebrate RL holidays. There is no Thanksgiving in FR. FR has it's own holidays (aka the festivals), and that I was so glad about when I joined. Did we have a Halloween familiar? A Christmas one? Etc. No. I am okay if they release annual stuff like the leaf fall but 3 days for a familiar is ridiculous paired with the laggy coli during a festival. If they had relased the turkey till the end of the year I would have no problem whatsoever, but the turkey is obviously there because of a RL holiday.
m5kNycY.pngFMdbyfP.pnge3svukl.pngLSkUnqX.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 49 50