Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Waterway Skins
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13
@chronomalous, three of the four petsites I worked at as an artist had systems in place where I could upload my art, chose a shop and price from a drop down list, and then submit the item to a queue from where it would be activated. I could also go into a list of live items already on the site, and adjust the restock rates and rarity.
All without actually touching or changing any major part of the site, because completely honest, I probably would have broke something. Lord knows I messed up more descriptions than anyone else, and that was just a text box. >>

I'd assume that flightrising has some sort of similar system, where adding in new items isn't an entire act of recoding the item database, it's just adding in a few more simple details, so, no programmer or knowledge of programming necessary.

Aequorin also mentioned not wanting to give dates on planned events or features because of the backlash and disappointment if that date is not met for whatever reason, but that the admin were willing to at least give teasers in the WotW updates.
I too would personally love to see more about what's going on in the back end, but I'm going to wait for the next WotW and see if they can keep up with giving the same type as information about bugs and programming as they did in the first one.
@chronomalous, three of the four petsites I worked at as an artist had systems in place where I could upload my art, chose a shop and price from a drop down list, and then submit the item to a queue from where it would be activated. I could also go into a list of live items already on the site, and adjust the restock rates and rarity.
All without actually touching or changing any major part of the site, because completely honest, I probably would have broke something. Lord knows I messed up more descriptions than anyone else, and that was just a text box. >>

I'd assume that flightrising has some sort of similar system, where adding in new items isn't an entire act of recoding the item database, it's just adding in a few more simple details, so, no programmer or knowledge of programming necessary.

Aequorin also mentioned not wanting to give dates on planned events or features because of the backlash and disappointment if that date is not met for whatever reason, but that the admin were willing to at least give teasers in the WotW updates.
I too would personally love to see more about what's going on in the back end, but I'm going to wait for the next WotW and see if they can keep up with giving the same type as information about bugs and programming as they did in the first one.
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
Yay, finally, Coli skins for (two of) my main three! The Fae male skin would have been nice to have for the ice holiday, though. Oh well, maybe next year.
Yay, finally, Coli skins for (two of) my main three! The Fae male skin would have been nice to have for the ice holiday, though. Oh well, maybe next year.
loving the new skins and familiars!!
loving the new skins and familiars!!
lair spaces open for renting!
currently hoarding:
sun flecked fieldmouse (memorial)
arroyo toad, blue honeycomb,
amber-trapped fly, salt.
^ willing to buy in bulk ^
Welp, time to go camp the marketplace again.
Welp, time to go camp the marketplace again.
actually five generic seekers in a combiner coat
Thank you for all your hard work!
Thank you for all your hard work!
dR1OCbi.png
Yay I can finally attempt to get coli skins! Woohoo party tiiiime! (They're gorgeous, too!)
Yay I can finally attempt to get coli skins! Woohoo party tiiiime! (They're gorgeous, too!)
Just a small suggestion for future releases, maybe you could include the full image of the familiar in the announcement post, like the way you do with new skins. Unless it's supposed to just be a teaser?
Just a small suggestion for future releases, maybe you could include the full image of the familiar in the announcement post, like the way you do with new skins. Unless it's supposed to just be a teaser?
Aha! But I have one of the original gold-plated 300 tulip flowerfalls! It'll be extra-special now. :D

Love the blue woollyness.
Aha! But I have one of the original gold-plated 300 tulip flowerfalls! It'll be extra-special now. :D

Love the blue woollyness.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
Cheaper Swipp Swaps ftw :D And lovely work on those skins, as always~
Cheaper Swipp Swaps ftw :D And lovely work on those skins, as always~
Flamecaller-embersbanner.gif
Good update all around, and these Coliseum skins are releasing faster than I expected. Keep up the great work!
Good update all around, and these Coliseum skins are releasing faster than I expected. Keep up the great work!
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13