Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon Count Number
I miss it too. I didn't think I would miss it that much, but I do.

If the number of icons should be an even number for whatever reason, the number of forum posts could be added.
Or for an absolutely crazy number: the amount of items in your hoard though this may strain the servers a bit.
Alternatively, we could pick an item (or few) from our hoard and track its amount.
I miss it too. I didn't think I would miss it that much, but I do.

If the number of icons should be an even number for whatever reason, the number of forum posts could be added.
Or for an absolutely crazy number: the amount of items in your hoard though this may strain the servers a bit.
Alternatively, we could pick an item (or few) from our hoard and track its amount.
f1890a0c61fa0a0fb819701d2554b54f42bc9c5c.png
corgisinger.png. . . . . .notus.png . . . . SQVdsFh.png
I posted this in a similar thread about returning the lair widget

I think maybe they can move the achievements down to the ribbon where the mail, friends, and alerts are. And keep the dragon lair button where it was.

Someone said the issue could be that it runs into the overhanging banner under your avatar

in this case, I say get rid of the number next to the icon. make the icons grey if there's nothing new. and then colored in if there is something new.

But you could also instead maybe do an alert like you get sticky alerts for digsite, auction house sales, baldwin, etc.
I posted this in a similar thread about returning the lair widget

I think maybe they can move the achievements down to the ribbon where the mail, friends, and alerts are. And keep the dragon lair button where it was.

Someone said the issue could be that it runs into the overhanging banner under your avatar

in this case, I say get rid of the number next to the icon. make the icons grey if there's nothing new. and then colored in if there is something new.

But you could also instead maybe do an alert like you get sticky alerts for digsite, auction house sales, baldwin, etc.
ETsArtAdoptShopIcon100px.png***** for_fun_c_small.png
I think the best way to get all of the icons on the user panel is to just rearrange it so that money is on the top line, and dragons/achievements/bestiary is on the bottom line. I'm garbage at photoshop so here's an explanation: [columns][emoji=treasure size=1] 1000000000 [emoji=wing size=1] 1000[nextcol] [color=transparent]__________[/color] [center][emoji=achievement size=1] 600[/center][nextcol] [emoji=gem size=1] 40000 [emoji=bestiary size=1] 1100[/columns] I think this layout makes more sense, actually--all of the money on the top, and all of the rest on the bottom. The only thing that I would be worried about would be accidental number overflow, since right now none of the bottom line items need more than 4 characters for the numbers, but the inevitable increase in familiars and lair size means that future-proofing is a concern.
I think the best way to get all of the icons on the user panel is to just rearrange it so that money is on the top line, and dragons/achievements/bestiary is on the bottom line. I'm garbage at photoshop so here's an explanation:

I think this layout makes more sense, actually--all of the money on the top, and all of the rest on the bottom. The only thing that I would be worried about would be accidental number overflow, since right now none of the bottom line items need more than 4 characters for the numbers, but the inevitable increase in familiars and lair size means that future-proofing is a concern.
An Ice emblem on a background made of ice and lava. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground.An Ice emblem on a background of ice shaped like a Christmas ornament. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground."An
I didn't really use the dragon count, so I don't personally mind too much either way. That said, I do find the achievement count being there to be a bit odd for a number of reasons. I like the achievement count being on the forum vista and clan page. That makes sense to me as a sort of account badge. But on the actual achievement page, it doesn't show this number at all. It just shows your currency count, which feels strange to me. Why does the page keeping track of my achievements not show me the points, but rather the currency? And then up in the box, right next to other currencies, it shows you the count? I can't actually do anything with the count; it doesn't really mean anything. I keep thinking that number is the currency I have. It just feels a tad out of place. I'm also [i]constantly[/i] forgetting to check and claim achievements. Pursuits especially, because they're so buried. I've probably missed claiming so many dailies. So I think if I was going to tweak this just based on personal preference, I would probably: [LIST=1] [*]Put the dragon count back where it used to be [*]Move new friend request notifications under the standard bell notification. They'd be stickied at the top like baldwin notifications are. [*]Put the achievement icon where the friends icon currently is. Change it to a notification system that lets you know when you have something to claim, and always includes a link directly to the Pursuits page. [img]https://imgur.com/uawqccu.png[/img] [/LIST] I don't know if other people regularly use the link to the friends list in the dropdown, but for me I virtually never touch that icon. I access friends from my profile and I get new requests once in a blue moon. So I'd personally get way more use out of it being achievement/pursuit notifications, and I'd love quick access to the pursuits page.
I didn't really use the dragon count, so I don't personally mind too much either way. That said, I do find the achievement count being there to be a bit odd for a number of reasons. I like the achievement count being on the forum vista and clan page. That makes sense to me as a sort of account badge. But on the actual achievement page, it doesn't show this number at all. It just shows your currency count, which feels strange to me. Why does the page keeping track of my achievements not show me the points, but rather the currency? And then up in the box, right next to other currencies, it shows you the count? I can't actually do anything with the count; it doesn't really mean anything. I keep thinking that number is the currency I have. It just feels a tad out of place.

I'm also constantly forgetting to check and claim achievements. Pursuits especially, because they're so buried. I've probably missed claiming so many dailies. So I think if I was going to tweak this just based on personal preference, I would probably:
  1. Put the dragon count back where it used to be
  2. Move new friend request notifications under the standard bell notification. They'd be stickied at the top like baldwin notifications are.
  3. Put the achievement icon where the friends icon currently is. Change it to a notification system that lets you know when you have something to claim, and always includes a link directly to the Pursuits page.

uawqccu.png

I don't know if other people regularly use the link to the friends list in the dropdown, but for me I virtually never touch that icon. I access friends from my profile and I get new requests once in a blue moon. So I'd personally get way more use out of it being achievement/pursuit notifications, and I'd love quick access to the pursuits page.
Wua5ROf.png
[quote name="Hawkfeather" date="2023-07-08 10:24:06" ] I didn't really use the dragon count, so I don't personally mind too much either way. That said, I do find the achievement count being there to be a bit odd for a number of reasons. I like the achievement count being on the forum vista and clan page. That makes sense to me as a sort of account badge. But on the actual achievement page, it doesn't show this number at all. It just shows your currency count, which feels strange to me. Why does the page keeping track of my achievements not show me the points, but rather the currency? And then up in the box, right next to other currencies, it shows you the count? I can't actually do anything with the count; it doesn't really mean anything. I keep thinking that number is the currency I have. It just feels a tad out of place. I'm also [i]constantly[/i] forgetting to check and claim achievements. Pursuits especially, because they're so buried. I've probably missed claiming so many dailies. So I think if I was going to tweak this just based on personal preference, I would probably: [LIST=1] [*]Put the dragon count back where it used to be [*]Move new friend request notifications under the standard bell notification. They'd be stickied at the top like baldwin notifications are. [*]Put the achievement icon where the friends icon currently is. Change it to a notification system that lets you know when you have something to claim, and always includes a link directly to the Pursuits page. [img]https://imgur.com/uawqccu.png[/img] [/LIST] I don't know if other people regularly use the link to the friends list in the dropdown, but for me I virtually never touch that icon. I access friends from my profile and I get new requests once in a blue moon. So I'd personally get way more use out of it being achievement/pursuit notifications, and I'd love quick access to the pursuits page. [/quote] great mockup! this is exactly what I mean in post!
Hawkfeather wrote on 2023-07-08 10:24:06:
I didn't really use the dragon count, so I don't personally mind too much either way. That said, I do find the achievement count being there to be a bit odd for a number of reasons. I like the achievement count being on the forum vista and clan page. That makes sense to me as a sort of account badge. But on the actual achievement page, it doesn't show this number at all. It just shows your currency count, which feels strange to me. Why does the page keeping track of my achievements not show me the points, but rather the currency? And then up in the box, right next to other currencies, it shows you the count? I can't actually do anything with the count; it doesn't really mean anything. I keep thinking that number is the currency I have. It just feels a tad out of place.

I'm also constantly forgetting to check and claim achievements. Pursuits especially, because they're so buried. I've probably missed claiming so many dailies. So I think if I was going to tweak this just based on personal preference, I would probably:
  1. Put the dragon count back where it used to be
  2. Move new friend request notifications under the standard bell notification. They'd be stickied at the top like baldwin notifications are.
  3. Put the achievement icon where the friends icon currently is. Change it to a notification system that lets you know when you have something to claim, and always includes a link directly to the Pursuits page.

uawqccu.png

I don't know if other people regularly use the link to the friends list in the dropdown, but for me I virtually never touch that icon. I access friends from my profile and I get new requests once in a blue moon. So I'd personally get way more use out of it being achievement/pursuit notifications, and I'd love quick access to the pursuits page.
great mockup! this is exactly what I mean in post!

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
love hawkfeather's mockup of how achievements icon could be better handled. its frustrating that the counter doesnt even change when there are new achievements i've completed. i frequently used the dragon lair hot bar icon. the dragon lair link in the sidebar logs you out during rollover [emoji=skull size=1] after using the icon shortcut for years, it feels unintuitive to take it away...
love hawkfeather's mockup of how achievements icon could be better handled.

its frustrating that the counter doesnt even change when there are new achievements i've completed. i frequently used the dragon lair hot bar icon. the dragon lair link in the sidebar logs you out during rollover after using the icon shortcut for years, it feels unintuitive to take it away...
5AHK8Y7.png •Ripley
•Queer
•He/Him
•Aquarius
•Art Shop : Working
ZLIMzvY.gifw0IsqjS.gif6sfJde7.gifrjuURyp.gif
W5O5MZj.png __digitalmirage.gif
I actually really like that it's been replaced with the achievement counter because that's more relevant to my gameplay, personally, as someone whose dragon purchases are 99% fodder. So, my vote would be for displaying them all, customizing them, or not changing them at all. I wouldn't want to see it reverted back to the dragon counter, and I definitely wouldn't to see any of the other stats changed (please don't take my bestiary number away it's my favorite thing). Customization would be ideal, but I understand if it's difficult to implement and I'm not too fussed about the method as long as I get to keep my money and bestiary counters lol
I actually really like that it's been replaced with the achievement counter because that's more relevant to my gameplay, personally, as someone whose dragon purchases are 99% fodder. So, my vote would be for displaying them all, customizing them, or not changing them at all. I wouldn't want to see it reverted back to the dragon counter, and I definitely wouldn't to see any of the other stats changed (please don't take my bestiary number away it's my favorite thing). Customization would be ideal, but I understand if it's difficult to implement and I'm not too fussed about the method as long as I get to keep my money and bestiary counters lol
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
I love FlipTheFrog's mockup! I also think Hawkfeather has a pretty cool solution as well, though I'd note that I do use the lil friend icon to get to my friends list, so if that could stay as well that would be ideal?

(@Almedha I don't know if this exactly solves your problem, but clicking your username/avatar in the top right will take you to your Clan page? And unlike the sidebar links, it's rollover-safe in my experience. Still another click to get to the Lair though)
I love FlipTheFrog's mockup! I also think Hawkfeather has a pretty cool solution as well, though I'd note that I do use the lil friend icon to get to my friends list, so if that could stay as well that would be ideal?

(@Almedha I don't know if this exactly solves your problem, but clicking your username/avatar in the top right will take you to your Clan page? And unlike the sidebar links, it's rollover-safe in my experience. Still another click to get to the Lair though)
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, if you have a response to what I said!
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

@renaiwom lol i think you pinged the wrong person! i just miss having a direct link to the lair cus the loading time between switching pages is kind of tiresome on mobile. i had to find out the hard way that it logs me out LOL
@renaiwom lol i think you pinged the wrong person! i just miss having a direct link to the lair cus the loading time between switching pages is kind of tiresome on mobile. i had to find out the hard way that it logs me out LOL
5AHK8Y7.png •Ripley
•Queer
•He/Him
•Aquarius
•Art Shop : Working
ZLIMzvY.gifw0IsqjS.gif6sfJde7.gifrjuURyp.gif
W5O5MZj.png __digitalmirage.gif
@DigitalMirage I pinged the right person, just checked- I entirely glossed over that you had the same issue, whoops! The other person's post was on the first page.
(I entirely get the loading time being suboptimal though... just... figured a something is better than nothing)
@DigitalMirage I pinged the right person, just checked- I entirely glossed over that you had the same issue, whoops! The other person's post was on the first page.
(I entirely get the loading time being suboptimal though... just... figured a something is better than nothing)
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, if you have a response to what I said!
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.