Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | conspiracy theory
1 2
the existence of the 'fallout whisper' food item implies the knowledge of nuclear warfare in the flight rising universe (yes i know its technically from the arcanist BUT i think its interesting to imagine as nuclear fallout and not magic-y explosions)
the existence of the 'fallout whisper' food item implies the knowledge of nuclear warfare in the flight rising universe (yes i know its technically from the arcanist BUT i think its interesting to imagine as nuclear fallout and not magic-y explosions)
+3 hours fr time, she/her :D
It is kinda implied that the "magic" that Arcane is known for might be nuclear in nature and that the pretty pink crystals found all over are in fact likely radioactive. [item=Pink Chalcedony] After all the thing that exploded that resulted in the Arcanist being born and wiping out much of the second age life, which then birthed Plaguebringer and Gladekeeper as well, was described as a 'reactor'- one of many. And they'd built it after having a big boon in technology to power the many cities of the second age. So... you're not wrong.
It is kinda implied that the "magic" that Arcane is known for might be nuclear in nature and that the pretty pink crystals found all over are in fact likely radioactive.

Pink Chalcedony

After all the thing that exploded that resulted in the Arcanist being born and wiping out much of the second age life, which then birthed Plaguebringer and Gladekeeper as well, was described as a 'reactor'- one of many. And they'd built it after having a big boon in technology to power the many cities of the second age.

So... you're not wrong.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
man. i love it when explanations of magic allude to it really being something like radioactive isotopes....... either way though, a magical reactor is just such a cool concept too.

wonder if the arcanist himself is radioactive........ i mean he DID say "welcome to the new age"
man. i love it when explanations of magic allude to it really being something like radioactive isotopes....... either way though, a magical reactor is just such a cool concept too.

wonder if the arcanist himself is radioactive........ i mean he DID say "welcome to the new age"
9UH8qm7.png ___25,
they/them,
space alien

___
_._
_ fLdYOuE.png
HxL61bT.png
_ tyEuRXe.png
ar6gtVv.png
_ w9bDUNq.png
oNrZjs5.png

_ aLfu5UL.png _ FObX7rS.png _ IEAdiPZ.png
_ Qf7biHq.png
The mental image of dragon tribes waging nuclear warfare is equal parts terrifying and hilarious. Many questions are also raised- are there dragons who are immune to it by living in specific regions? What are some effects or mutations from radioactivity towards dragons?

I also love the idea of the Arcanist discovering radioactivities harmful effects and realizing that making things glow bright pink isn't actually healthy for the region's inhabitants. oops.

[ and to @SighFi , I can in fact confirm that I laughed at that last sentence. A pun well done ]
The mental image of dragon tribes waging nuclear warfare is equal parts terrifying and hilarious. Many questions are also raised- are there dragons who are immune to it by living in specific regions? What are some effects or mutations from radioactivity towards dragons?

I also love the idea of the Arcanist discovering radioactivities harmful effects and realizing that making things glow bright pink isn't actually healthy for the region's inhabitants. oops.

[ and to @SighFi , I can in fact confirm that I laughed at that last sentence. A pun well done ]
JH4jZjU.png
tyEuRXe.png
b3q2st5.png
- perpetually waughghfhquah
- Enjoyer of words and other general nonsense
- Not the best at communicating, bear with me :'0
- wishlist
- What do I put here
i didnt even consider arcane being the Radioactive Flight thats so cool actually
i didnt even consider arcane being the Radioactive Flight thats so cool actually
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
the arcanist did cause a few apocalypses. and the crystalspine reaches are made of radioactive crystals, so yeah, I think the arcanist did cause at least one fallout.
the arcanist did cause a few apocalypses. and the crystalspine reaches are made of radioactive crystals, so yeah, I think the arcanist did cause at least one fallout.
Ukt5hov.png 6WJQDgR.png D55IPKI.png 87195919.png he/him
The Arcanist was born in what was functionally a nuclear reactor meltdown, I'd say radiation and magic are strongly connected, or at least they are in the Arcane Flight.

I mean there's a lot of stuff in Arcane territories that the native dragons and creatures aren't bothered by that is injurious to dragons from other Flights.
The Arcanist was born in what was functionally a nuclear reactor meltdown, I'd say radiation and magic are strongly connected, or at least they are in the Arcane Flight.

I mean there's a lot of stuff in Arcane territories that the native dragons and creatures aren't bothered by that is injurious to dragons from other Flights.
Wasn't there one radioactive room in the Dustcarve Dig? Yeah, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/effort/1/3]Tunnel #3[/url]! [quote=Velya] Is the green aura from that crystal making you uncomfortable, too? Magister Galford doesn’t believe it to be a threat to dragonkind. But based on the state of some of the artefacts we’ve found, he thinks that might not have been the case for the original occupants of this shrine. [/quote]
Wasn't there one radioactive room in the Dustcarve Dig?
Yeah, Tunnel #3!
Velya wrote:
Is the green aura from that crystal making you uncomfortable, too? Magister Galford doesn’t believe it to be a threat to dragonkind. But based on the state of some of the artefacts we’ve found, he thinks that might not have been the case for the original occupants of this shrine.
FSjGDWP.png
Current Avatar • Feel free to ping me!
Magic is very much a part of the fundamental physics of the FR world, and Arcane is in many ways associated the deepest elementary physics, including the subatomic particles we call radioactivity, along with the more obvious aspects like space and time.
Magic is very much a part of the fundamental physics of the FR world, and Arcane is in many ways associated the deepest elementary physics, including the subatomic particles we call radioactivity, along with the more obvious aspects like space and time.
formatting these forum signatures is hard. tumblr_p6atnvb3xd1vffxj3o2_100.png
I mean, in my lore the bane/gao lore was a nuclear one if that's anything.
I mean, in my lore the bane/gao lore was a nuclear one if that's anything.
STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>friendly/open to chat! I love pings and messages
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me
tumblr-paypl0-G37c1xpxfk5o4-250.png
1 2