Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Retirement 101 - OOC
@SmilodonLady

Accepted! This is great! Are there different types of basilisks, like there are different kinds of snakes?

I'm bouncing through several ideas for my lady's species. There are just so many to choose from! I'm leaning towards dwarf, but maybe you could help me.

- Mermaid - this would be unique, but potentially limit rp options. Also depends on how I take mermaids to be.

- Elf - a classic, but more cliche?

- Centaur - this would be so much fun, but I'm not completely vibing with this round...

- Dark Fae - like Maleficient, this would be so much fun! I love the aesthetic here

Also, why are names so hard?!
@SmilodonLady

Accepted! This is great! Are there different types of basilisks, like there are different kinds of snakes?

I'm bouncing through several ideas for my lady's species. There are just so many to choose from! I'm leaning towards dwarf, but maybe you could help me.

- Mermaid - this would be unique, but potentially limit rp options. Also depends on how I take mermaids to be.

- Elf - a classic, but more cliche?

- Centaur - this would be so much fun, but I'm not completely vibing with this round...

- Dark Fae - like Maleficient, this would be so much fun! I love the aesthetic here

Also, why are names so hard?!
51782446420_a0a433b2ce_t.jpg
tumblr_inline_o6yflmESPj1ts73zp_400.png
tumblr_inline_o6ygf7tD5N1ts73zp_400.png
Sure there is, more as a way to explain other people's takes on them since I know mine is weird.

As for mer, I feel like there's enough of a precedent in media and fiction to be of the sort that can function on land. Or go the route of my weirdo that is more aquatic themed and shove on a suit that runs water over the gills. (Have yet to use this one in RP since they are somewhat specific.)
Sure there is, more as a way to explain other people's takes on them since I know mine is weird.

As for mer, I feel like there's enough of a precedent in media and fiction to be of the sort that can function on land. Or go the route of my weirdo that is more aquatic themed and shove on a suit that runs water over the gills. (Have yet to use this one in RP since they are somewhat specific.)
slXRG.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Dress up
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basilisks
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Writer/artist

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lady, Smiles
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Theatre Kid/FR+ 3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Roleplayer - Kamura Kingdom (Open)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Blood Wyverns
ooh, a selkie would be fun too!
ooh, a selkie would be fun too!
I promise I'm working on a character T^T
I promise I'm working on a character T^T
XvyfO6H.png FmPtENn.png I suffer from chronic illness and may dissapear at random.

Any Pronouns - FR time

Ya like FNAF? (Mafia game)
You're good! Mine is half finished and Smilodon is the only with a complete sheet.
I have realized I forgot I think some code for the sheets and rules, so I'm going to go back and fill them in.
You're good! Mine is half finished and Smilodon is the only with a complete sheet.
I have realized I forgot I think some code for the sheets and rules, so I'm going to go back and fill them in.
Guys, I have an idea, but I want to put it to a vote. How do you feel about putting a HUD mechanic into the rp? Nothing like experience points or anything, too much math and work to be fun, but something more like to keep track of relationships and skills you have? Maybe status and effects too? Or we could make it optional, you can use it if you want, but not required. We could call it a toggle on/off.
We can keep them in the ooc, and I can link them for easy reference. And I can figure out the coding part if we want to move forward with the idea.
Guys, I have an idea, but I want to put it to a vote. How do you feel about putting a HUD mechanic into the rp? Nothing like experience points or anything, too much math and work to be fun, but something more like to keep track of relationships and skills you have? Maybe status and effects too? Or we could make it optional, you can use it if you want, but not required. We could call it a toggle on/off.
We can keep them in the ooc, and I can link them for easy reference. And I can figure out the coding part if we want to move forward with the idea.
I think that would be a lot of fun, and I could help with the coding
I think that would be a lot of fun, and I could help with the coding
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Oh and I also used to be Dragonclaw101

FNAF Mafia
I'm fine with it, since while I'm not big on the whole 'stat screen' thing in writing, it being a thing that's more in your mind/other people using it doesn't bother me enough to yeet the idea for everyone else.
mostly puts me off when I see it in manga as it just looks so out of place and video gamey for something you read that it kills my interest in the world... For an RP I'm less put off as eh, whatever it's a mix of writing and game
I'm fine with it, since while I'm not big on the whole 'stat screen' thing in writing, it being a thing that's more in your mind/other people using it doesn't bother me enough to yeet the idea for everyone else.
mostly puts me off when I see it in manga as it just looks so out of place and video gamey for something you read that it kills my interest in the world... For an RP I'm less put off as eh, whatever it's a mix of writing and game
slXRG.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Dress up
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basilisks
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Writer/artist

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lady, Smiles
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Theatre Kid/FR+ 3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Roleplayer - Kamura Kingdom (Open)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Blood Wyverns
Makes sense, I kind of figured it as an optional thing more in OOC that can be referenced in IC as desired.

Potato, if you want to do the coding, that'd be awesome! I was thinking a set of columns? Like what a classic HUD might look like?
Makes sense, I kind of figured it as an optional thing more in OOC that can be referenced in IC as desired.

Potato, if you want to do the coding, that'd be awesome! I was thinking a set of columns? Like what a classic HUD might look like?
[quote name="Ruatani" date="2024-08-08 18:46:18" ] Makes sense, I kind of figured it as an optional thing more in OOC that can be referenced in IC as desired. Potato, if you want to do the coding, that'd be awesome! I was thinking a set of columns? Like what a classic HUD might look like? [/quote] Yeah - were you thinking something in BBC? It may be hard to render on the forums if it's some other kind of file
Ruatani wrote on 2024-08-08 18:46:18:

Yeah - were you thinking something in BBC? It may be hard to render on the forums if it's some other kind of file
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Oh and I also used to be Dragonclaw101

FNAF Mafia