Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What element should the next modern be?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Shadow please
Shadow please
Pyro [she/her]
Wishlist
Art shop
9e0957ca70ace63ed9a6bbea2659f58e1a66cdda.png
[quote name="Impersonal" date="2024-06-15 13:37:10" ] [quote name="callistostella" date="2024-06-15 13:27:59" ] Need another shadow dragon . nocturnes and veilspun are just kinda okay for us. please . more weirdo freaks in the looming shadows of god . [/quote] Nature and Fire are my first thoughts because they deserve more accessible moderns but I do agree that Shadow needs a real freak in its lineup. Veils are pretty and nocs are goofy. Where's the eldritch void horror. [/quote] im tired of the nocs slander /lh nocs are so cool looking, ya'll sleeping!?!?! i feel like i'd want to see Ice or fire get the next modern tho it'd be super funny if it was wind or light ;w;
Impersonal wrote on 2024-06-15 13:37:10:
callistostella wrote on 2024-06-15 13:27:59:
Need another shadow dragon . nocturnes and veilspun are just kinda okay for us. please . more weirdo freaks in the looming shadows of god .

Nature and Fire are my first thoughts because they deserve more accessible moderns but I do agree that Shadow needs a real freak in its lineup. Veils are pretty and nocs are goofy. Where's the eldritch void horror.

im tired of the nocs slander /lh

nocs are so cool looking, ya'll sleeping!?!?!

i feel like i'd want to see Ice or fire get the next modern

tho it'd be super funny if it was wind or light ;w;
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | She/they | 3+ FR Time | Wishlist
Lightning, hyena dragons pls
Lightning, hyena dragons pls
ShlmoT6.png
Hey ya, my name is O'hare, and I like dragons, I play reference games a lot; I have fandragons in my Pili fandragons, and media archives tabs, if ya can, try to choose someone with a lower count. It's okay to pick from my hibden for forum games
Plague or Arcane imo
Plague or Arcane imo
[ Primals,Pastels,Darks&G1s lover - Chill - Calm ]
FMoJ9vk.pngxKIpW2A.png10Weczj.png
I’m biased to plague, but would adore another fire breed as well.
I’m biased to plague, but would adore another fire breed as well.
tumblr_nml1iu5dxU1rhwezyo3_r3_500.gif
I think fire and nature are due, since they both only have a gem dragon and an ancient.
I think fire and nature are due, since they both only have a gem dragon and an ancient.
Hail Derek and hope for the best!
C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif
Agree with fire and nature for the reasons stated above (have 1 modern and 1 ancient, but their moderns are gem breeds), though my first pick of the two would be fire purely b/c then the first four elements would each have 2 moderns
Agree with fire and nature for the reasons stated above (have 1 modern and 1 ancient, but their moderns are gem breeds), though my first pick of the two would be fire purely b/c then the first four elements would each have 2 moderns
he/him
pings OK!
They seem to be going on a lore basis, like what makes sense in accordance with the current lore, but all of those feel like they have a good lore reason for a new Modern so it's a hard question! Except Shadow. Sorry Shadow.

Arcane is doing all their nonsense investigating the leylines, you could do a whole story surrounding their investigations that turns into a Baldwin situation, where some stray Arcane magic morphs the dragon into a new breed. And after replicating the results, it becomes possible for other dragons to be this new breed.
Ice could take a page out of Earth's book. After news of the warning from Tidelord reaches the Southern Icefield, the Icewarden debuts a new, fierce breed of dragons with tracking abilities rivalling even those of the Gaolers.
Lightning is doing their big reactor thing, what if they take a very different approach to the Bogsneak methodology and create a bio-mechanical dragon breed as part of their work? What if the huge collection of Lightning magic coalesces into the form of a new Modern?
Plague and Nature are in the throes of war, but neither Ancient introduction acknowledges this so perhaps a Modern could. A new child of either deity, created to be the perfect counter to the other and lead the new charge against their enemy.
Fire is also in the throes of war, but a civil war in their case. What if the Flamecaller becomes saddened by her children warring, and makes a new breed she hopes will turn the tides of the civil war? Something that will make her unionized dragons feel welcome in the Flight once more, now a stronger united front against those responsible for the uprisings necessity? I dunno.

I feel any one of these could be a fun line to follow and a very real possibility. Personally, I think I might like to see a Fire or Ice breed the most. Ice makes the most sense to me overall, I feel. It feels like the easiest continuation on from what Dustcarve Dig and Unfathomable Odyssey established.
They seem to be going on a lore basis, like what makes sense in accordance with the current lore, but all of those feel like they have a good lore reason for a new Modern so it's a hard question! Except Shadow. Sorry Shadow.

Arcane is doing all their nonsense investigating the leylines, you could do a whole story surrounding their investigations that turns into a Baldwin situation, where some stray Arcane magic morphs the dragon into a new breed. And after replicating the results, it becomes possible for other dragons to be this new breed.
Ice could take a page out of Earth's book. After news of the warning from Tidelord reaches the Southern Icefield, the Icewarden debuts a new, fierce breed of dragons with tracking abilities rivalling even those of the Gaolers.
Lightning is doing their big reactor thing, what if they take a very different approach to the Bogsneak methodology and create a bio-mechanical dragon breed as part of their work? What if the huge collection of Lightning magic coalesces into the form of a new Modern?
Plague and Nature are in the throes of war, but neither Ancient introduction acknowledges this so perhaps a Modern could. A new child of either deity, created to be the perfect counter to the other and lead the new charge against their enemy.
Fire is also in the throes of war, but a civil war in their case. What if the Flamecaller becomes saddened by her children warring, and makes a new breed she hopes will turn the tides of the civil war? Something that will make her unionized dragons feel welcome in the Flight once more, now a stronger united front against those responsible for the uprisings necessity? I dunno.

I feel any one of these could be a fun line to follow and a very real possibility. Personally, I think I might like to see a Fire or Ice breed the most. Ice makes the most sense to me overall, I feel. It feels like the easiest continuation on from what Dustcarve Dig and Unfathomable Odyssey established.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
Nature or fire, to give those flights a non-gem modern option.

That said, I would not be surprised by/opposed to the next modern being a gem breed… in which case my vote would be for Ice, Plague, or Arcane, as none of those flights have a gem breed.
Nature or fire, to give those flights a non-gem modern option.

That said, I would not be surprised by/opposed to the next modern being a gem breed… in which case my vote would be for Ice, Plague, or Arcane, as none of those flights have a gem breed.
l29.pngs21.pngo664-d02-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d03-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d04-Cirrostratus.pngo664-d01-R-Cirrostratus.png - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - iA6Dl9p.png
Well, Coatls were post-release, but they're still the only modern Fire has. I didn't even realize the flights that have gotten new moderns were from the first four elements until you pointed out!

Personally, I may be biased, but I want a Shadow modern, especially since we have one cycled and one gem breed.

But Ice, Lightning, Nature, Plague, and Arcane are the flights who haven't gotten a modern since Launch, so I reckon the next modern will go to one of them.
Well, Coatls were post-release, but they're still the only modern Fire has. I didn't even realize the flights that have gotten new moderns were from the first four elements until you pointed out!

Personally, I may be biased, but I want a Shadow modern, especially since we have one cycled and one gem breed.

But Ice, Lightning, Nature, Plague, and Arcane are the flights who haven't gotten a modern since Launch, so I reckon the next modern will go to one of them.
j0lGliX.png
she/her
FR+3
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8