Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | revert auraboa fern/paisley
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 39 40
I'm just here to say I can't support reverting the change just because the actual whiplash for players who now might like the NEW look and then THEIR dragon is messed up too- I do have to say this is getting old.

This change isn't a bug. And if it is a bug- why was this not caught before the launch of the breed/gene? This has had to go through several iterations more than likely and still no one called it out.

At least with the mane fix with Obelisks it was relatively small.

This is a HUGE change that I don't know if many people were complaining about to begin with. If they were I'm shocked.

And if this bug was known, why not remove the gene change scroll until it was fixed? Or at the very least have a pop up come on? Anything? Because "its in a tracker thread" is not enough when probably 100s if not 1000s of users don't use the forums often.
I'm just here to say I can't support reverting the change just because the actual whiplash for players who now might like the NEW look and then THEIR dragon is messed up too- I do have to say this is getting old.

This change isn't a bug. And if it is a bug- why was this not caught before the launch of the breed/gene? This has had to go through several iterations more than likely and still no one called it out.

This is a HUGE change that I don't know if many people were complaining about to begin with. If they were I'm shocked.

And if this bug was known, why not remove the gene change scroll until it was fixed? Or at the very least have a pop up come on? Anything? Because "its in a tracker thread" is not enough when probably 100s if not 1000s of users don't use the forums often.
punkinator919_by_pyromaniacalbonsai-dc5zq7l.gif
It's a HUGE shame the old Paisley version was considered a bug, Paisley on Auraboas was my favorite version of Paisley because of the gradient on the wings! It's strange that it would even be considered a bug when it was a very clear artistic choice, and a good one too! This feels like something that the staff should've polled for first, since this was an aesthetic/visual change that really wasn't a bug, and was changed solely to be consistent with other breeds(?), but I just hope this decision can still be reconsidered. EDIT: I just read somebody mentioned the Roundsey's prizes, and I completely forgot that one of the dragon prizes this week was affected by this change!! I really liked all the dragons available this week, that's why I bought tickets, but the Auraboa definitely got done dirty, as well as anyone who specifically bought tickets for the Auraboa :') that's a HUGE shame that this "bug" existed in the game since November but nobody really knew it was considered a bug and so it was just allowed to exist in the game and be used as is for months, only for it to just be suddenly fixed. EDIT 2: also also I think there's a disconnect somewhere where staff expect genes to conform and be uniform across all breeds, which I think is mostly expected for modern breeds, but Ancient breeds are supposed to be unique and different? I think Ancients more than modern breeds should be able to break conformity to suit the unique anatomy of each Ancient breed. Modern breeds are made with conformity in mind, they have to be, since they're able to mesh and breed and mix and match amongst each other, so why make Ancients adhere to this same logic when each breed is their own unique little thing, with different anatomy and parts to work with? THAT is the main part I don't understand, I get when Obelisks and Flair was a whole thing because of consistency, but this happening to Auraboas doesn't make any sense to me. EDIT 3: this is a FANTASTIC idea and I LOVE the mockup [quote name="@Twiggies" date="2024-02-20 15:26:54" ] [quote name="Twiggies" date="2024-02-20 13:13:48" ] If the staff (and some users) want to blame users for it being "obvious" that it's a bug, then they need to make it actually obvious. You have to go out of your way to specifically find a thread about bugs to even guess if something is bugged, and even then, someone might look at it one day and not see the gene they're looking at in the thread, unaware it got added on the next day! I very rarely use the forums outside of my hatchery and nest rentals. I hazard a lot of users are the same. An example of a blatantly obvious place to put it where most people who don't participate on the forums would see it would be in the scrying workshop. Have a little exclamation point icon pop up when the user selects a gene that is bugged on a particular breed/age/gender combo, that when hovered over shows a tooltip saying something like "This gene is flagged for an update." or something like that, which warns the user its going to be changed. It's unfair to say its 'obvious' when the user has to go out of their way to go to the bug forums, *and* have to guess that the gene is bugged months after release. I also agree with other users that this didn't seem like a bug at all but rather a conscious stylistic decision, which is consistent with other genes that treats the upper wing section as a mane. [/quote] Here is a quick and dirty mockup of that idea. [img]https://i.imgur.com/g3lTI7X.png[/img] [/quote]
It's a HUGE shame the old Paisley version was considered a bug, Paisley on Auraboas was my favorite version of Paisley because of the gradient on the wings! It's strange that it would even be considered a bug when it was a very clear artistic choice, and a good one too!

This feels like something that the staff should've polled for first, since this was an aesthetic/visual change that really wasn't a bug, and was changed solely to be consistent with other breeds(?), but I just hope this decision can still be reconsidered.

EDIT: I just read somebody mentioned the Roundsey's prizes, and I completely forgot that one of the dragon prizes this week was affected by this change!! I really liked all the dragons available this week, that's why I bought tickets, but the Auraboa definitely got done dirty, as well as anyone who specifically bought tickets for the Auraboa :') that's a HUGE shame that this "bug" existed in the game since November but nobody really knew it was considered a bug and so it was just allowed to exist in the game and be used as is for months, only for it to just be suddenly fixed.

EDIT 2: also also I think there's a disconnect somewhere where staff expect genes to conform and be uniform across all breeds, which I think is mostly expected for modern breeds, but Ancient breeds are supposed to be unique and different? I think Ancients more than modern breeds should be able to break conformity to suit the unique anatomy of each Ancient breed. Modern breeds are made with conformity in mind, they have to be, since they're able to mesh and breed and mix and match amongst each other, so why make Ancients adhere to this same logic when each breed is their own unique little thing, with different anatomy and parts to work with? THAT is the main part I don't understand, I get when Obelisks and Flair was a whole thing because of consistency, but this happening to Auraboas doesn't make any sense to me.

EDIT 3: this is a FANTASTIC idea and I LOVE the mockup
@Twiggies wrote on 2024-02-20 15:26:54:
Twiggies wrote on 2024-02-20 13:13:48:
If the staff (and some users) want to blame users for it being "obvious" that it's a bug, then they need to make it actually obvious. You have to go out of your way to specifically find a thread about bugs to even guess if something is bugged, and even then, someone might look at it one day and not see the gene they're looking at in the thread, unaware it got added on the next day!

I very rarely use the forums outside of my hatchery and nest rentals. I hazard a lot of users are the same.

An example of a blatantly obvious place to put it where most people who don't participate on the forums would see it would be in the scrying workshop. Have a little exclamation point icon pop up when the user selects a gene that is bugged on a particular breed/age/gender combo, that when hovered over shows a tooltip saying something like "This gene is flagged for an update." or something like that, which warns the user its going to be changed.

It's unfair to say its 'obvious' when the user has to go out of their way to go to the bug forums, *and* have to guess that the gene is bugged months after release.

I also agree with other users that this didn't seem like a bug at all but rather a conscious stylistic decision, which is consistent with other genes that treats the upper wing section as a mane.

Here is a quick and dirty mockup of that idea.

g3lTI7X.png
01547b70441cd57956c9fa35703052f03d2c34b2.png _ LP/Parade
She/Her
FR+3

Skin Shop
Free Likes
Bounties
BF's Art Shop
__ LittleParade.gif _
Support as this was an unpleasant surprise for those of us who do not stalk the gene error thread and there was no warning beforehand.

As stated before, this did not appear to be an error but a stylistic choice

if the gene needs to be fully redrawn and not edited, is it really an error or a style after all

Thousands of dragons already had the old style! Because the old style looked GOOD. The new one does NOT look good.
Support as this was an unpleasant surprise for those of us who do not stalk the gene error thread and there was no warning beforehand.

As stated before, this did not appear to be an error but a stylistic choice

if the gene needs to be fully redrawn and not edited, is it really an error or a style after all

Thousands of dragons already had the old style! Because the old style looked GOOD. The new one does NOT look good.
Check out the Sales tab in my lair! It's full of gen 1s!

Water my plants?
1122832.png1123143.png1122971.png
[quote name="Rifter" date="2024-02-19 04:37:41" ] i don't think "it's on the tracker thread" is enough, especially when "glitched" items are allowed to be used in good faith by the userbase during their "broken" period with no overt warning that these items aren't functioning as intended by the site's perspective. that doesn't feel good, especially when it keeps happening over and over with what feels like increasing frequency (or at least in tandem with all the ancient releases of 2023). i don't have any auroboas with this gene, but i have been here with obelisk flair, and i feel bad that this is happening to my auraboa-enjoying comrades and that it keeps happening and will unfortunately probably happen again to some other unique iteration of a gene and breed combo. i definitely think it's worth reconsidering this change (and beyond that, definitely for another post, how the site deals with "glitched" items in general). [/quote] [quote name="Punkinator919" date="2024-02-19 05:36:57" ] This change isn't a bug. And if it is a bug- why was this not caught before the launch of the breed/gene? This has had to go through several iterations more than likely and still no one called it out. At least with the mane fix with Obelisks it was relatively small. This is a HUGE change that I don't know if many people were complaining about to begin with. If they were I'm shocked. And if this bug was known, why not remove the gene change scroll until it was fixed? Or at the very least have a pop up come on? Anything? Because "its in a tracker thread" is not enough when probably 100s if not 1000s of users don't use the forums often. [/quote] I'm personally not a fan of how Fern and Paisley even look, it's just not my vibe, but this sort of thing has gotten purely exhausting to see. There is clearly some systemic issue when these sorts of errors/"errors" are PUT INTO THE GAME and then ALLOWED TO EXIST FOR MONTHS. Especially in these cases where it's really not even a bug or error, just a stylistic thing, it's... ridiculous for a png collection game where the whole point is using the site's items to customize your pngs. I wish staff didn't feel so pressured to put out Ancients so often so they could stay in development longer and these sorts of things could be fixed before they ever see the light of day. Again, there is clearly some systemic issue at play here, just because we see these changes SO often now.
Rifter wrote on 2024-02-19 04:37:41:
i don't think "it's on the tracker thread" is enough, especially when "glitched" items are allowed to be used in good faith by the userbase during their "broken" period with no overt warning that these items aren't functioning as intended by the site's perspective. that doesn't feel good, especially when it keeps happening over and over with what feels like increasing frequency (or at least in tandem with all the ancient releases of 2023). i don't have any auroboas with this gene, but i have been here with obelisk flair, and i feel bad that this is happening to my auraboa-enjoying comrades and that it keeps happening and will unfortunately probably happen again to some other unique iteration of a gene and breed combo.

i definitely think it's worth reconsidering this change (and beyond that, definitely for another post, how the site deals with "glitched" items in general).

Punkinator919 wrote on 2024-02-19 05:36:57:

I'm personally not a fan of how Fern and Paisley even look, it's just not my vibe, but this sort of thing has gotten purely exhausting to see. There is clearly some systemic issue when these sorts of errors/"errors" are PUT INTO THE GAME and then ALLOWED TO EXIST FOR MONTHS. Especially in these cases where it's really not even a bug or error, just a stylistic thing, it's... ridiculous for a png collection game where the whole point is using the site's items to customize your pngs.

I wish staff didn't feel so pressured to put out Ancients so often so they could stay in development longer and these sorts of things could be fixed before they ever see the light of day. Again, there is clearly some systemic issue at play here, just because we see these changes SO often now.
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
support. new version is lackluster compared to its predecessor - why would anyone have assumed that the gene would get a complete redraw when it wasn't offensive in the first place? why would anyone have assumed that the wing gradients weren't an intentional design choice to add variation between different body parts? there was precedent for that on other breeds, as others have noted, which makes this situation different from bug fixes like capsule where auraboas stood out for no apparent reason. please revert
support. new version is lackluster compared to its predecessor - why would anyone have assumed that the gene would get a complete redraw when it wasn't offensive in the first place? why would anyone have assumed that the wing gradients weren't an intentional design choice to add variation between different body parts? there was precedent for that on other breeds, as others have noted, which makes this situation different from bug fixes like capsule where auraboas stood out for no apparent reason. please revert
tumblr_o9wq6n5cAC1uxgh2ko4_100.pngtumblr_o9wq6n5cAC1uxgh2ko3_250.pngtumblr_o9wq6n5cAC1uxgh2ko2_250.pngtumblr_o9wq6n5cAC1uxgh2ko1_250.png
Full support. Looked better before the change, imo.
Full support. Looked better before the change, imo.
Part of the Helping Hands Foundation!
Full support. The upper cluster of feathers on the wings having a solid color instead of one continuous pattern made it more obvious that there was ,in fact, a separate layer of feathers and not just a flat layer all over
Full support. The upper cluster of feathers on the wings having a solid color instead of one continuous pattern made it more obvious that there was ,in fact, a separate layer of feathers and not just a flat layer all over
F3d7DSl.png
Support. I like the old version of paisley better.

Yes, the old paisley was inconsistent with other breeds. But, it felt like a purposeful variance for ancients (like veilspun runes, as others have pointed out).

I like how the old version was shinier and and visually easier to read.
Support. I like the old version of paisley better.

Yes, the old paisley was inconsistent with other breeds. But, it felt like a purposeful variance for ancients (like veilspun runes, as others have pointed out).

I like how the old version was shinier and and visually easier to read.
Pixel art of a nocturne. The nocturne has a black body and red wings and is covered in red and gold jewelry. There is an animated fire aura on top of the dragon that bounces up and down
Support

Old Paisely felt on purpose cause the solid colored parts helped distinguish the different parts of the wing and overall made the whole gene look less busy (which is good!).
Support

Old Paisely felt on purpose cause the solid colored parts helped distinguish the different parts of the wing and overall made the whole gene look less busy (which is good!).
4Uy7T1v.png
any pronouns | FR + 9 | german

cf4K14g.png
ZOtdOHX.png
If the change was indeed made for the sake of consistency… well, I’m tired of changes being made for consistency :< The reason we HAVE all these different dragon breeds is so that they can sport different looks, and the old version was still recognizably the gene it was supposed to be, just with a spin that this breed’s body plan allowed for. Which, to me, is kind of the point of having dragons with different body plans

The fact that genes keep changing in ways I don’t expect is one reason I refrain from committing to gening projects

I’ll re-mention the idea that keeps going around of gene variations that let dragons have old/altered versions of genes
If the change was indeed made for the sake of consistency… well, I’m tired of changes being made for consistency :< The reason we HAVE all these different dragon breeds is so that they can sport different looks, and the old version was still recognizably the gene it was supposed to be, just with a spin that this breed’s body plan allowed for. Which, to me, is kind of the point of having dragons with different body plans

The fact that genes keep changing in ways I don’t expect is one reason I refrain from committing to gening projects

I’ll re-mention the idea that keeps going around of gene variations that let dragons have old/altered versions of genes
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 39 40