Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I miss my flight :(
1 2
I'm in lightning for vacation for the next 6 months (to enjoy the lair banners + nesting my cyan breeding pairs) but I miss Earth SO MUCH already. It's been less than 2 weeks. I still get weirded out thinking about going into the Lightning forums or looking at the Lightning private auction house. I'm still typing out responses to 'what's it like in earth?' forum questions on reflex.

I really haven't gone on vacation before in the 3 years I've been on site. Does the homesickness get better?
I'm in lightning for vacation for the next 6 months (to enjoy the lair banners + nesting my cyan breeding pairs) but I miss Earth SO MUCH already. It's been less than 2 weeks. I still get weirded out thinking about going into the Lightning forums or looking at the Lightning private auction house. I'm still typing out responses to 'what's it like in earth?' forum questions on reflex.

I really haven't gone on vacation before in the 3 years I've been on site. Does the homesickness get better?
Gb36TXO.png    
Aww Im sorry dude! As someone who travels from flights to flights regularly I really enjoy lightning. Join our discord! It might not be as active as some but we have really nice people and Volt dom teams you can join.

Some rules I set for myself when I do change flights to stop homesickness
1. Emesh myself in the culture and people of the flights through forums or discord
2. Participate in at least one organized push or raffle thing
3. Write lore with my dragons based on the new flight

That being said some have always felt more like home than others ^^

Welcome to Lightning :)
If you ever feel lonely feel free to message me
Aww Im sorry dude! As someone who travels from flights to flights regularly I really enjoy lightning. Join our discord! It might not be as active as some but we have really nice people and Volt dom teams you can join.

Some rules I set for myself when I do change flights to stop homesickness
1. Emesh myself in the culture and people of the flights through forums or discord
2. Participate in at least one organized push or raffle thing
3. Write lore with my dragons based on the new flight

That being said some have always felt more like home than others ^^

Welcome to Lightning :)
If you ever feel lonely feel free to message me
@Panarow
Thanks for the welcome and the advice! I feel like it helps that I moved my entire RELIC city tab up to my main lair and put them all in my first tab, because lightning meshes well with that whole part of my clan.

I love dom as a whole but I'm even more weirded out about looking at Lightning dom right now because I still see myself as an Earth dom organizer. But Thundercrack comes up near the end of my 6-month cooldown, so that'd be cool to check out before I go back home to Earth.
@Panarow
Thanks for the welcome and the advice! I feel like it helps that I moved my entire RELIC city tab up to my main lair and put them all in my first tab, because lightning meshes well with that whole part of my clan.

I love dom as a whole but I'm even more weirded out about looking at Lightning dom right now because I still see myself as an Earth dom organizer. But Thundercrack comes up near the end of my 6-month cooldown, so that'd be cool to check out before I go back home to Earth.
Gb36TXO.png    
Yeah your lightning dragons look great! We have some of the same skins hehe

I love your lair dude! I hope Lightning treats you kind during your stay ^^
Yeah your lightning dragons look great! We have some of the same skins hehe

I love your lair dude! I hope Lightning treats you kind during your stay ^^
my reply wouldn't be helpful at all to your situation but i relate to this sentiment a lot! i've been planning to vacation to ice for quite a while now (to try out new things, to freshen up my on-site routine, to rest from these godforsaken magenta eyes) but i'm struggling with a lot of "b-but what about??-" thoughts... but what about the starfall celebration, i should schedule it in such a way that won't have me missing it! but what if arcane will dom-push- and like, without me?? that's so rare how can i not be present???? but how can i live anywhere but in the starwood strand i'm infused with my beloved birch trees <//3

think about how quick these 6 months will go by, though. you might not feel like it in the moment, but when they'll be over you'll most likely think "huh.. that's all?"
my reply wouldn't be helpful at all to your situation but i relate to this sentiment a lot! i've been planning to vacation to ice for quite a while now (to try out new things, to freshen up my on-site routine, to rest from these godforsaken magenta eyes) but i'm struggling with a lot of "b-but what about??-" thoughts... but what about the starfall celebration, i should schedule it in such a way that won't have me missing it! but what if arcane will dom-push- and like, without me?? that's so rare how can i not be present???? but how can i live anywhere but in the starwood strand i'm infused with my beloved birch trees <//3

think about how quick these 6 months will go by, though. you might not feel like it in the moment, but when they'll be over you'll most likely think "huh.. that's all?"
4350.png hey there! i would appreciate any sci-fi book recommendations, hit me up if you feel like it! (unrelated to the picture of barry bee benson)
hi hi!!

(I've never been away from lightning but I'd probably feel much the same way. hope you have a good stay tho!)
hi hi!!

(I've never been away from lightning but I'd probably feel much the same way. hope you have a good stay tho!)
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge (Koi Edition)
Oof, never left arcane due to lore reasons but I wish you all the best! Your lair is inspiring and I have seen you around a lot.
Oof, never left arcane due to lore reasons but I wish you all the best! Your lair is inspiring and I have seen you around a lot.
Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
First time I went to Water I was like that too lol
First time I went to Water I was like that too lol
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
I took a year-long vacation from water going to earth and fire and I found myself getting decently homesick. I always reminded myself that every flight is pretty cool and that I'm glad I took the time to experience more flights! I didn't start in water but I'm glad to have the experiences I do so I know thay water is my home flight. I might get antsy and take another vacation but hey, one of the best parts of any vacation is getting to go home in the end! Heck, it was a 'vacation' to water that made me realize I preferred it to shadow!
I took a year-long vacation from water going to earth and fire and I found myself getting decently homesick. I always reminded myself that every flight is pretty cool and that I'm glad I took the time to experience more flights! I didn't start in water but I'm glad to have the experiences I do so I know thay water is my home flight. I might get antsy and take another vacation but hey, one of the best parts of any vacation is getting to go home in the end! Heck, it was a 'vacation' to water that made me realize I preferred it to shadow!
vDH0pGc.png
@888 we miss you in earth!! but enjoy your vacation :]
@888 we miss you in earth!! but enjoy your vacation :]
SxG7Whx.png TO5f5vS.png
mlHpBMC.png
spr01s5.pngbM4dOKD.png
1 2