Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advice for returning player?
Hello, I have been on a hiatus for a long time, when I left they had just announced ancient breeds. So much has changed and been added and it feels a little intimidating. I was wondering if anyone who has been active during this time has any advice on how to catch up or what to do?
Hello, I have been on a hiatus for a long time, when I left they had just announced ancient breeds. So much has changed and been added and it feels a little intimidating. I was wondering if anyone who has been active during this time has any advice on how to catch up or what to do?
@Jetsharkdragon
Chronological update reference gives you a quick summary of the announcements.
@Jetsharkdragon
Chronological update reference gives you a quick summary of the announcements.
Welcome New Players!
Here's a small list of links to Helpful Forum Guides:
..... Gathering reference v3
Swipp/Baldwin: Items to Keep
The Data-Based Money Making Guide
Exalting Treasure Payout Chart
..... Dragon Bio Resources: Comprehensive
Coliseum loot and monsters
Festival Coliseum Guide
BASIC INTRO to the Coli!
..... [Guide] BBCode
DRAGONOMICS charts
[Answers] Tomo's Trivia Tablet
G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver
Here's an overview of most of the major additions:
  • Ancient Breeds: Gailors, Banscales, Veilspun, Aberrations, Undertides, Aethers, and Sandsurges are what are known as ancient breeds. These breeds cannot wear apparel, nor can they breed with any other breed of dragon then their own, nor have any gene that isn't specific to their breed applied to them. Banescales can only breed with banescales, and can only use genes that end in (Banescale). What they do get to not have the standard limb set (four legs two wings one head) and line breaking terts. Things like massive horns or spines, extra wings, cybernetic enhancements, colorful frills, branches growing out of their heads, fish friends, or a lot of other things. Because they don't wear apparel, they can be produced faster, hence the fact we have so many now, and they also can have genes that wouldn't work with apparel. Check em out in the scrying workshop, they're pretty neat
  • Arlo: Arlo the digsite man is another trading post NPC, somewhat similar to Baldwin. Digsites are a way of getting new items, mostly familiars, apparel, scenes, vistas, and genes. Each day you can get some resources, which can be used to dig up the plots. Once a plot is fully dug you get an item - each plot has a set item, and once you get it the plot is reset so you can get it again.
  • Silhouette scrolls: Not a huge update but one we wanted for a while - you can buy an item in the gem marketplace to change the gender pose of a dragon. This doesn't change their breeding role.
  • Special Eyes: Dragons can now be born with different eye types, a handful of ones that are different takes on the flight color and then some interesting ones like primal or multigaze. You can also apply an eye vial to manually change your dragon's eye type.
  • Fiona: Fiona, another trading post NPC, lets you bond with familiars you don't own. I've awoken a boolean this way. She's pretty cool if you wanna get back into the familiar game.
  • The Grand Exchange: A collection of special currency shops, most of which are only open for annual special events. Joxar's festival shops are here now, and most of them work fairly similarly to the festivals, where site activities during an event will earn you a special currency that you can spend for items.
  • Achievements: This is the most recent big update, there are now achievements (again). And a LOT of them. And they're not super buggy this time. Achievement points can be used at one of the Grand Exchange shops, the Acclaimed Achievements Association. There are also daily, weekly, and monthly pursuits that you can do to earn more achievement points.
  • Glitter and Gloom: May or may not be new to you but if you wanna learn how you can max your fairground's lucky streak in about 10-15 minutes by playing this game. There's guides on how in the forums if you're interested.
Here's an overview of most of the major additions:
  • Ancient Breeds: Gailors, Banscales, Veilspun, Aberrations, Undertides, Aethers, and Sandsurges are what are known as ancient breeds. These breeds cannot wear apparel, nor can they breed with any other breed of dragon then their own, nor have any gene that isn't specific to their breed applied to them. Banescales can only breed with banescales, and can only use genes that end in (Banescale). What they do get to not have the standard limb set (four legs two wings one head) and line breaking terts. Things like massive horns or spines, extra wings, cybernetic enhancements, colorful frills, branches growing out of their heads, fish friends, or a lot of other things. Because they don't wear apparel, they can be produced faster, hence the fact we have so many now, and they also can have genes that wouldn't work with apparel. Check em out in the scrying workshop, they're pretty neat
  • Arlo: Arlo the digsite man is another trading post NPC, somewhat similar to Baldwin. Digsites are a way of getting new items, mostly familiars, apparel, scenes, vistas, and genes. Each day you can get some resources, which can be used to dig up the plots. Once a plot is fully dug you get an item - each plot has a set item, and once you get it the plot is reset so you can get it again.
  • Silhouette scrolls: Not a huge update but one we wanted for a while - you can buy an item in the gem marketplace to change the gender pose of a dragon. This doesn't change their breeding role.
  • Special Eyes: Dragons can now be born with different eye types, a handful of ones that are different takes on the flight color and then some interesting ones like primal or multigaze. You can also apply an eye vial to manually change your dragon's eye type.
  • Fiona: Fiona, another trading post NPC, lets you bond with familiars you don't own. I've awoken a boolean this way. She's pretty cool if you wanna get back into the familiar game.
  • The Grand Exchange: A collection of special currency shops, most of which are only open for annual special events. Joxar's festival shops are here now, and most of them work fairly similarly to the festivals, where site activities during an event will earn you a special currency that you can spend for items.
  • Achievements: This is the most recent big update, there are now achievements (again). And a LOT of them. And they're not super buggy this time. Achievement points can be used at one of the Grand Exchange shops, the Acclaimed Achievements Association. There are also daily, weekly, and monthly pursuits that you can do to earn more achievement points.
  • Glitter and Gloom: May or may not be new to you but if you wanna learn how you can max your fairground's lucky streak in about 10-15 minutes by playing this game. There's guides on how in the forums if you're interested.
giphy.gif
BanescaleSig.png
giphy.gif
Thank you so much! That's very helpful :D I took a look at the new ancient breeds and I am in love with Undertides and Sandsurges lol
Thank you so much! That's very helpful :D I took a look at the new ancient breeds and I am in love with Undertides and Sandsurges lol
welcome back! my quick advice is that old dragons can sometimes be valuable due to their age, so don't sell too low. anyone with a 7-digit ID is definitely valuable (an AH search shows they start at 80g but shoot up to 150g within the page), and low 8-digits may also be valuable though not quite as much.
welcome back! my quick advice is that old dragons can sometimes be valuable due to their age, so don't sell too low. anyone with a 7-digit ID is definitely valuable (an AH search shows they start at 80g but shoot up to 150g within the page), and low 8-digits may also be valuable though not quite as much.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge (Koi Edition)
Achievements also have a somewhat hidden daily section.

It's very important. Also gathering. It's easy to forget and essential.

Welcome back!

Achievements also have a somewhat hidden daily section.

It's very important. Also gathering. It's easy to forget and essential.

Welcome back!

JSrZ9GU.png