Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | any ds games/rom recommendations?
1 2 3 4 5
I'd suggest Kirby: Mass Attack, the DS Pokemon games and Golden Sun: Dark Dawn ^^
I'd suggest Kirby: Mass Attack, the DS Pokemon games and Golden Sun: Dark Dawn ^^
I roleplay too much-
One of my all time favorite but highly underrated games for the DS is Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. It's a wonderful Pokemon-esque RPG about the children of the chosen heroe going on adventures after their parents retired
One of my all time favorite but highly underrated games for the DS is Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. It's a wonderful Pokemon-esque RPG about the children of the chosen heroe going on adventures after their parents retired
Hi there! Call me Nadir! She/they
Add me on Xanje
Add me on Pixel Cat's End
Add me on Lorwolf
Oh, and Animal Crossing New Leaf is good if you're into those games!
Oh, and Animal Crossing New Leaf is good if you're into those games!
Hi there! Call me Nadir! She/they
Add me on Xanje
Add me on Pixel Cat's End
Add me on Lorwolf
solatorobo: red the hunter is a hidden gem on the DS I enjoyed a lot, since a physical copy of it is so difficult to get nowadays it's a good idea to play that emulated or on a modded DS !

I also second Professor Layton games for the DS and 3DS, it's an excellent series.
solatorobo: red the hunter is a hidden gem on the DS I enjoyed a lot, since a physical copy of it is so difficult to get nowadays it's a good idea to play that emulated or on a modded DS !

I also second Professor Layton games for the DS and 3DS, it's an excellent series.
___
Lorie / gemini

FR+8

Tn4TEAZ.png
_
_

__ c6nYENf.png __ dcbbuos.png
I was gonna recommend the Drawn to Life games, but I saw that somebody already recommended them. I do want to warn you that the second game sometimes has its ending modified. The modified ending makes the story less impactful, so try to find the original ending. I won’t say why it was modified, as it spoils the ending.

Anyways, I’ll recommend Big Bang Mini. It is an awesome game that utilizes the Nintendo DS’s touch screen in a very unique way. The music is awesome, and the gameplay is fun. You basically launch fireworks at enemies on the top screen by flicking your pen. There are lots of challenges and things to unlock, too.
I was gonna recommend the Drawn to Life games, but I saw that somebody already recommended them. I do want to warn you that the second game sometimes has its ending modified. The modified ending makes the story less impactful, so try to find the original ending. I won’t say why it was modified, as it spoils the ending.

Anyways, I’ll recommend Big Bang Mini. It is an awesome game that utilizes the Nintendo DS’s touch screen in a very unique way. The music is awesome, and the gameplay is fun. You basically launch fireworks at enemies on the top screen by flicking your pen. There are lots of challenges and things to unlock, too.
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
-Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright
-The. Phoenix Wright games in general
-Zelda ocarina of time 3d
-Pokemon heart gold soul silver and oras
-Attack of the Friday monsters is an interesting slice of life kaiju game
-Crimson shroud is a dark fantasy RPG that has a table top rpg aesthetic and dice rolling mechanic i really like the music from it too
-I liked fire emblem fates you should play in this order birthright -> conquest -> revelation
-Pokemon conquest is cool
-Digimon world ds and world dawn dusk
- shin megami tensei has a lot of games on ds and 3ds i only have soul hackers and persona q2 though I heard smt iv and strange journey are good

-Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright
-The. Phoenix Wright games in general
-Zelda ocarina of time 3d
-Pokemon heart gold soul silver and oras
-Attack of the Friday monsters is an interesting slice of life kaiju game
-Crimson shroud is a dark fantasy RPG that has a table top rpg aesthetic and dice rolling mechanic i really like the music from it too
-I liked fire emblem fates you should play in this order birthright -> conquest -> revelation
-Pokemon conquest is cool
-Digimon world ds and world dawn dusk
- shin megami tensei has a lot of games on ds and 3ds i only have soul hackers and persona q2 though I heard smt iv and strange journey are good

my colors!
my cool ids interest check
My entry for cicada scavenger hunt
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
im keeping some of these recommendations in mind [emoji=aether laughing size=2] and here are some of my own! (definitely repeating some) - Pokemon Black/White and then its sequel - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky/Time/Darkness - The Legendary Starfy - Fireworlds (homebrew, no story, fun and simple gameplay) - Sonic Advance on mGBA (has no real story but fun gameplay)
im keeping some of these recommendations in mind
and here are some of my own! (definitely repeating some)

- Pokemon Black/White and then its sequel
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky/Time/Darkness
- The Legendary Starfy
- Fireworlds (homebrew, no story, fun and simple gameplay)
- Sonic Advance on mGBA (has no real story but fun gameplay)
blank.png
My Art
She/They
+3 FR time
divider.png
shadow.gif
Platinum, heart gold and soul silver, spectrobes, the world ends with you, chrono trigger, if you like puzzles the proffesor layton series, 999 (9 hours 9 doors 9 people) its kinda horror ish so be careful if youre squeamish, the pokemon mystery dungeon games, nintendogs, atlantis squarpantis (spongebob game),
Platinum, heart gold and soul silver, spectrobes, the world ends with you, chrono trigger, if you like puzzles the proffesor layton series, 999 (9 hours 9 doors 9 people) its kinda horror ish so be careful if youre squeamish, the pokemon mystery dungeon games, nintendogs, atlantis squarpantis (spongebob game),
72446457p.png83481019p.png FR+0 Art Shop avatar dragon
Heavy seconding both Monster Hunter Stories and Shin Megami Tensei.

The former is basically Monster Hunter but turn-based. It's like Pokémon if the trainer had a comically large sword, and while I'll be first to admit it has its flaws, it is a game I dearly love and I'd recommend at least giving it a shot if it sounds like the kinda thing you'd like.

The latter, well MegaTen is a big series so I'll just talk about what I've played- Shin Megami Tensei IV and IV: Apocalypse. Turn-based mythology monster-collecting JRPGs with a shared story that's pretty darn weird (good). Apocalypse does a lot of things better than its predecessor, but it is a sequel of sorts and thus spoils a good 80% of the story. These are also games I adore (even if I never got around to actually playing IV myself...) and are kind of underrated gems within the series. The OST is godly, too.
Heavy seconding both Monster Hunter Stories and Shin Megami Tensei.

The former is basically Monster Hunter but turn-based. It's like Pokémon if the trainer had a comically large sword, and while I'll be first to admit it has its flaws, it is a game I dearly love and I'd recommend at least giving it a shot if it sounds like the kinda thing you'd like.

The latter, well MegaTen is a big series so I'll just talk about what I've played- Shin Megami Tensei IV and IV: Apocalypse. Turn-based mythology monster-collecting JRPGs with a shared story that's pretty darn weird (good). Apocalypse does a lot of things better than its predecessor, but it is a sequel of sorts and thus spoils a good 80% of the story. These are also games I adore (even if I never got around to actually playing IV myself...) and are kind of underrated gems within the series. The OST is godly, too.
Highly seconding the recommendations for 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and Ghost Trick!

999 is my favorite of the Zero Escape trilogy, and easily one of my favorite visual novel/"escape room" type of games. It's also the game that taught me how to play Sudoku, but uhhh I'm pretty sure I've forgotten since then ^^;

Ghost Trick is an extremely satisfying puzzle game that utilizes the touchscreen of the DS/3DS to its fullest potential. The story is also excellent and I refuse to say anything more about it :P

Also, I know plenty of people have recommended the Pokemon games of that console generation, and I have to agree. This could be a contentious opinion, but I genuinely believe that Heartgold/Soulsilver may be the best entries in the entire franchise
Highly seconding the recommendations for 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and Ghost Trick!

999 is my favorite of the Zero Escape trilogy, and easily one of my favorite visual novel/"escape room" type of games. It's also the game that taught me how to play Sudoku, but uhhh I'm pretty sure I've forgotten since then ^^;

Ghost Trick is an extremely satisfying puzzle game that utilizes the touchscreen of the DS/3DS to its fullest potential. The story is also excellent and I refuse to say anything more about it :P

Also, I know plenty of people have recommended the Pokemon games of that console generation, and I have to agree. This could be a contentious opinion, but I genuinely believe that Heartgold/Soulsilver may be the best entries in the entire franchise
47.png inmediasres
she/her | fr + 3 | avatar dragon
1 2 3 4 5