Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | any ds games/rom recommendations?
1 2 3 4 5
The Sonic Rush series (Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure) is a great way that the series un-boned whatever happened in Sonic '06. The other Sonic DS titles are all either spinoffs or better on other consoles, except I'd like to take a moment to talk about Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. Sonic Chronicles is the only RPG in the franchise and would have been a great addition to the series, and there were plans to make it its own spinoff series of its own, but a notorious figure from the Archie Publishing Sonic The Hedgehog Comic filed false claims about the characters within infringing on his personal copyright. Thanks to bad bookkeeping on both Sega and Archie's parts, the claim went through, and this game is now entirely non-canon and incredibly hard to come across in the wild.
The Sonic Rush series (Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure) is a great way that the series un-boned whatever happened in Sonic '06. The other Sonic DS titles are all either spinoffs or better on other consoles, except I'd like to take a moment to talk about Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. Sonic Chronicles is the only RPG in the franchise and would have been a great addition to the series, and there were plans to make it its own spinoff series of its own, but a notorious figure from the Archie Publishing Sonic The Hedgehog Comic filed false claims about the characters within infringing on his personal copyright. Thanks to bad bookkeeping on both Sega and Archie's parts, the claim went through, and this game is now entirely non-canon and incredibly hard to come across in the wild.
LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema bobbing her head, wearing white headphones with black trim and a pink heart symbol on the ear cup.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema doing the monkey dance while flapping her wings and shaking her tail from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema dancing by waving her front legs in the air and turning her body from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema with one foreleg on her hip and the other waving in the air.
Someone's already suggested Pokemon Ranger, but I would like to specifically recommend Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs. I have spent many, many hours exploring and doing the story over. And over.

Sonic Colors is also worth a play. My personal favorite Sonic game.
Someone's already suggested Pokemon Ranger, but I would like to specifically recommend Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs. I have spent many, many hours exploring and doing the story over. And over.

Sonic Colors is also worth a play. My personal favorite Sonic game.
FR+2
they/she/he
passion project
wishlist
Link between worlds, yoshi wooly world, super Mario bros 2, luigi's mansion dark moon, nee yoshi island.
Many games are good on the 3ds actually.
Link between worlds, yoshi wooly world, super Mario bros 2, luigi's mansion dark moon, nee yoshi island.
Many games are good on the 3ds actually.
6WUYXR5.png Etna (FR+9)
She/They
Likes to make sprites
Gen 1 lair
play dragon quest heroes: rocket slime
play dragon quest heroes: rocket slime
-The Dark Spire (Haven't played it but have heard good things about it.)

-Chrono Trigger

-Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight

-Lego Battles (Ninjago version of this exists too)

-Harvest Moon
-The Dark Spire (Haven't played it but have heard good things about it.)

-Chrono Trigger

-Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight

-Lego Battles (Ninjago version of this exists too)

-Harvest Moon
25762.png frame-0-delay-0-1s-1.png
I would try out the DS Pokemon games!
I would try out the DS Pokemon games!
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
Seconding Pokemon Conquest! I played that game for hourssssss on end when I was younger.

I've also seen some people recommend Fire Emblem-- my personal recommendation is to play FE Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. The voice acting and simple but charming story plus the art style make it peak Fire Emblem in my opinion.
Seconding Pokemon Conquest! I played that game for hourssssss on end when I was younger.

I've also seen some people recommend Fire Emblem-- my personal recommendation is to play FE Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. The voice acting and simple but charming story plus the art style make it peak Fire Emblem in my opinion.
A blocky drawing of Trypsin, a black, white, and green Spiral. The image links to Trypsin's page.
I'm going to recommend the Zero Escape series if you in any way like puzzle games, since all three of those were excellent (999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, and Zero Time Dilemma). It's essentially halfway between an Escape-the-Room game and a visual novel, since it uses the room puzzles to define the branching paths of the VNs. Great cast of characters, some of which keep showing up in the sequels, and some absolutely wild twists. I remember the puzzles being very accessible as well, didn't need to look up a lot of answers at all.
I'm going to recommend the Zero Escape series if you in any way like puzzle games, since all three of those were excellent (999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, and Zero Time Dilemma). It's essentially halfway between an Escape-the-Room game and a visual novel, since it uses the room puzzles to define the branching paths of the VNs. Great cast of characters, some of which keep showing up in the sequels, and some absolutely wild twists. I remember the puzzles being very accessible as well, didn't need to look up a lot of answers at all.
An Ice emblem on a background made of ice and lava. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground.An Ice emblem on a background of ice shaped like a Christmas ornament. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground."An
[quote name="@Krok" date="2023-08-25 20:35:02" ] -Harvest Moon [/quote] Agreed on harvest moon, it does seem interesting. And also funny, like that time my brother accidentally got a red haired girl to quite literally barge in and ask to marry him because he found out she liked cake and figured it'd be kind to gift her that from time to time He didn't know about the marriage mechanic so you can imagine how hilarious his reaction was
@Krok wrote on 2023-08-25 20:35:02:
-Harvest Moon

Agreed on harvest moon, it does seem interesting. And also funny, like that time my brother accidentally got a red haired girl to quite literally barge in and ask to marry him because he found out she liked cake and figured it'd be kind to gift her that from time to time
He didn't know about the marriage mechanic so you can imagine how hilarious his reaction was
csJrlej.png
3dokvee.png
comev47.png
3bb19a2e65e428d24c93ae6e9f17e77973c939ea.png
YUEtAn1.png
dEe2UrM.png
f5c0adf655eaaeb871411a368de8ed0ce8164fc9.png
I'm surprised no one has said this yet but Monster Hunter Stories for the 3ds is a hidden gem. Its in the Monster Hunter series but rather than killing the monsters you befriend them like Pokemon and plays like a turn based RPG rather than a hack and slash. Definitely recommend emulating it though because the game is a bit rare if you don't live in Japan but I imagine that's what you were going to do anyway because you said you modded your 3ds.
I'm surprised no one has said this yet but Monster Hunter Stories for the 3ds is a hidden gem. Its in the Monster Hunter series but rather than killing the monsters you befriend them like Pokemon and plays like a turn based RPG rather than a hack and slash. Definitely recommend emulating it though because the game is a bit rare if you don't live in Japan but I imagine that's what you were going to do anyway because you said you modded your 3ds.
She/Her 24
Big Dragon Nerd
I only ever get obsessed with media that's at least 10 years old for some reason.
Artist and Writer
1 2 3 4 5