Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [MJ2023] A Poetry Party... with Snacks!
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12
[I]Hello! I'd like to offer up a poem to the Wind! Judges: @Sinjin @SpiritHare @Tanganika @Zytolo[/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] clovur [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 398138 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Lilt [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 67499352 [b]Dragon Poet Image:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67499352][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/674994/67499352_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] A change [b]Entry Title:[/b] Spring Is Always Early Now [b]Entry: [/b] like a worn shawl sliding from my back, or the cracking of quick rivers so, I walk slowly, touched by the pale morning, and its eager crowd of mourning doves and mockingbirds, jays, thrashers, larks, and the little wren. Wake up! they say, look at us! Isn't the world fresh and new as the young hidden in the dark, wet grass? Maybe, maybe, I want to live, too. Stumbling on unsteady feet, or to be in that state of unfurling as the snowdrops are.
Hello! I'd like to offer up a poem to the Wind!
Judges: @Sinjin @SpiritHare @Tanganika @Zytolo

FR Player Name: clovur
FR Player ID#: 398138
Dragon Poet's Name: Lilt
Dragon Poet's ID#: 67499352

Dragon Poet Image:
67499352_350.png

Entry Category: A change
Entry Title: Spring Is Always Early Now

Entry:
like a worn shawl
sliding from my back,
or the cracking
of quick rivers

so, I walk slowly,
touched
by the pale morning,
and its eager crowd
of mourning doves and mockingbirds,
jays, thrashers,
larks,

and the little wren.
Wake up! they say,
look at us! Isn't the world fresh
and new

as the young
hidden in the dark,
wet grass?

Maybe, maybe,
I want to live, too.
Stumbling
on unsteady feet,
or

to be
in that state of unfurling
as the snowdrops are.
SqnIrhs.png
[I]Hello! I'd like to offer up a poem to the Wind! Judges: @Sinjin @SpiritHare @Tanganika @Zytolo[/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Saronai [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 310639 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Seanchaidh [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 2097533 [b]Dragon Poet Image:[/b] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/2097533][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/20976/2097533_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Seanchaidh was so glad to hear of this event before she missed it all. She didn’t come prepared with a lot of lore, but she was here mainly to take it all in and enjoy the stories of others and their good company. Even so, when looks turned to her, she volunteered a story. “It’s just a short limerick about how someone can learn to change, even if their teacher is oblivious to the lesson.” [b]Entry Category:[/b] Change [b]Entry Title:[/b] A Lesson in Manners [b]Entry: [/b] [center][i]There once was a spiral named Chari Who never once said she was sorry Til one day she learned The frustration this earns From a ridgeback just like her named Dhari[/i][/center]
Hello! I'd like to offer up a poem to the Wind! Judges: @Sinjin @SpiritHare @Tanganika @Zytolo

FR Player Name: Saronai
FR Player ID#: 310639
Dragon Poet's Name: Seanchaidh
Dragon Poet's ID#: 2097533
Dragon Poet Image:
2097533_350.png

Seanchaidh was so glad to hear of this event before she missed it all. She didn’t come prepared with a lot of lore, but she was here mainly to take it all in and enjoy the stories of others and their good company.

Even so, when looks turned to her, she volunteered a story. “It’s just a short limerick about how someone can learn to change, even if their teacher is oblivious to the lesson.”

Entry Category: Change
Entry Title: A Lesson in Manners
Entry:
There once was a spiral named Chari
Who never once said she was sorry
Til one day she learned
The frustration this earns
From a ridgeback just like her named Dhari
pixie-pronouns-2-2.png* * *Saronai made so many star badges and you liked them all! Thank you! Please keep them linked to Ylli's collection thread for others to find.* * * * * * * *Diem's Daily Dragons
[columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74999129][img]https://i.imgur.com/WObPsFz.png[/img][/url][nextcol][color=#13420c][size=5]T[/size]he nocturne and her harpy guard quickly tried to get through everyone but it was almost like they were dealing with an emperor. "Wow, miss Babbage, they just keep coming up with so many amazing poems!" said the little harpy. Luckily, she had a basket to collect all of the scrolls containing their amazing poems. The nocturne gave her a chuckle before speaking. "Yes, Brunhilde, but this is a good thing many of dragons can compete for the prizes we have gathered." The nocturne sat behind her assigned desk, cataloging all the poems they had received, making sure everyone got filled away. "Apologies for the backlog, everyone, but thank you for all of your amazing poems. Keep up your good work." [size=1] @harpyja @Storygeek @Qingqing @UmbraGlide @Hludana @Starefaba @Saronai @Hollowcene @sarcasticmoose @WolfEyedAngel @clovur (Deepest apologies for the delay! You all are working so hard and so fast its a lot to keep up with! Keep going, and happy start of the Mistral Jamboree![/size]
WObPsFz.png The nocturne and her harpy guard quickly tried to get through everyone but it was almost like they were dealing with an emperor. "Wow, miss Babbage, they just keep coming up with so many amazing poems!" said the little harpy. Luckily, she had a basket to collect all of the scrolls containing their amazing poems. The nocturne gave her a chuckle before speaking. "Yes, Brunhilde, but this is a good thing many of dragons can compete for the prizes we have gathered." The nocturne sat behind her assigned desk, cataloging all the poems they had received, making sure everyone got filled away. "Apologies for the backlog, everyone, but thank you for all of your amazing poems. Keep up your good work."

@harpyja @Storygeek @Qingqing @UmbraGlide @Hludana @Starefaba @Saronai @Hollowcene @sarcasticmoose @WolfEyedAngel @clovur (Deepest apologies for the delay! You all are working so hard and so fast its a lot to keep up with! Keep going, and happy start of the Mistral Jamboree!
Z85Oomo.pngxXe2SDj.pngtumblr_inline_naxjlrHYbk1qg78ij.pngy1CAqnl.pngdQKV2Ww.png
[I]Hello! I'd like to offer up a poem to the Wind! Judges: @Sinjin @SpiritHare @Tanganika @Zytolo[/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Saronai [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 310639 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Diem [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 37737605 [b]Dragon Poet Image:[/b] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/37737605][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/377377/37737605_350.png[/img][/url][/center] When it comes to Diem’s turn, they turn up the charm and excitement. Using their various magics to add atmosphere and dramatic effects, they begin. [b]Entry Category:[/b] New Outlook [b]Entry Title:[/b] The Monster We Hid Away [b]Entry: [/b] [center]A hatchling kicks off our story Lost in imagination and lonely Taught to pretend, to blend "Don’t stand out, keep hidden, dear They will hunt you if they see..." And the child asks, "Why?" "Who am I?" [b]Deep in the dark, a monster lurks Unseen, unnamed, unheard Locked away, locked away Where no one can see Where no one need fear Unwanted[/b] A newly adult dragon wanders the city, Invisible, a face no one recalls She can vanish in the crowd In a sea of ordinary faces She could be anyone She might be no one She asks herself, "Who am I?" [b]And in the dark a monster lurks Unseen, unnamed, unheard Shut it away, shut it away Pretend it doesn’t exist Never, [i]never[/i] let it out It is unwanted.[/b] Next on our journey, a guardian, Strong and tall and kind. A street urchin follows on his heels, Head strong and precocious. Do you see the pair of skydancers too? Lithe and young, full of life. Five who [i]know[/i] who they are. [b]But a monster still lurks in the dark Unseen, unnamed, unheard Don’t let it out. [i]Never[/i] let it out Oh, it is [i]so[/i] unwanted.[/b] And now it is the storyteller's turn, Imagination wild and free. They beckon each crowd, “Follow me into story! Let us forget, For a time, Who we really are!” [b][i]They[/i] don’t [i]know[/i] who they are... Because the monster still lurks Unseen. Unnamed. Unwanted[/b] [i]Unseen. Unnamed. Unwanted[/i] Until the thread arrives at last, In the lap of a scholar, Keen mind and mischief in his smile. [i]He knows, he sees,[/i] His eyes take in the storyteller, every character, “And that first one?” His eyes pierce the dark “Who are they?” [b]The monster surfaces to light in a rush Seen! Named? Heard! Patiently, the researcher waits A foreign adoration in his gaze Unaware what he’s released and made [i]real[/i] But [i]wanted,[/i] at long last.[/b] [/center] [i]Diem finishes with a flourish, illusions called throughout. As each character was mentioned, they becomes part of the whole, until the storyteller arrives. The final scene ends with the monster, previously shown as scary, to a small, white dragon of a shape too vague to say their species for sure. The scholar embraces them both until storyteller and monster are whole. The illusions fade out with the pair cozy in a springtime scene, free of any lurking monsters.[/i] -------- (This is secretly about Diem’s own experience as a storyteller and equally secret shapechanger. And the love interest who changed it all and made them recognize their core identity as a neglected and unnamed entity in their own right, and not just a canvas the rest is painted on. This one got unwieldy on me. It was a [i]monster[/i] to edit lol. Sending it anyway.)
Hello! I'd like to offer up a poem to the Wind! Judges: @Sinjin @SpiritHare @Tanganika @Zytolo

FR Player Name: Saronai
FR Player ID#: 310639
Dragon Poet's Name: Diem
Dragon Poet's ID#: 37737605
Dragon Poet Image:
37737605_350.png

When it comes to Diem’s turn, they turn up the charm and excitement. Using their various magics to add atmosphere and dramatic effects, they begin.

Entry Category: New Outlook
Entry Title: The Monster We Hid Away
Entry:
A hatchling kicks off our story
Lost in imagination and lonely
Taught to pretend, to blend
"Don’t stand out, keep hidden, dear
They will hunt you if they see..."
And the child asks, "Why?"
"Who am I?"

Deep in the dark, a monster lurks
Unseen, unnamed, unheard
Locked away, locked away
Where no one can see
Where no one need fear
Unwanted

A newly adult dragon wanders the city,
Invisible, a face no one recalls
She can vanish in the crowd
In a sea of ordinary faces
She could be anyone
She might be no one
She asks herself, "Who am I?"

And in the dark a monster lurks
Unseen, unnamed, unheard
Shut it away, shut it away
Pretend it doesn’t exist
Never, never let it out
It is unwanted.

Next on our journey, a guardian,
Strong and tall and kind.
A street urchin follows on his heels,
Head strong and precocious.
Do you see the pair of skydancers too?
Lithe and young, full of life.
Five who know who they are.

But a monster still lurks in the dark
Unseen, unnamed, unheard
Don’t let it out. Never let it out
Oh, it is so unwanted.

And now it is the storyteller's turn,
Imagination wild and free.
They beckon each crowd,
“Follow me into story!
Let us forget,
For a time,
Who we really are!”

They don’t know who they are...
Because the monster still lurks
Unseen. Unnamed. Unwanted

Unseen. Unnamed. Unwanted

Until the thread arrives at last,
In the lap of a scholar,
Keen mind and mischief in his smile.
He knows, he sees,
His eyes take in the storyteller, every character,
“And that first one?” His eyes pierce the dark
“Who are they?”

The monster surfaces to light in a rush
Seen! Named? Heard!
Patiently, the researcher waits
A foreign adoration in his gaze
Unaware what he’s released and made real
But wanted, at long last.

Diem finishes with a flourish, illusions called throughout. As each character was mentioned, they becomes part of the whole, until the storyteller arrives. The final scene ends with the monster, previously shown as scary, to a small, white dragon of a shape too vague to say their species for sure.

The scholar embraces them both until storyteller and monster are whole. The illusions fade out with the pair cozy in a springtime scene, free of any lurking monsters.

(This is secretly about Diem’s own experience as a storyteller and equally secret shapechanger. And the love interest who changed it all and made them recognize their core identity as a neglected and unnamed entity in their own right, and not just a canvas the rest is painted on.

This one got unwieldy on me. It was a monster to edit lol. Sending it anyway.)
pixie-pronouns-2-2.png* * *Saronai made so many star badges and you liked them all! Thank you! Please keep them linked to Ylli's collection thread for others to find.* * * * * * * *Diem's Daily Dragons
@Sinjin I'd like to be added to all the pinglists

Also, I peeked in at the certificate thing and the list of entries has me highlighted in light red as -17 words on my haiku? Is that something I need to worry about?
@Sinjin I'd like to be added to all the pinglists

Also, I peeked in at the certificate thing and the list of entries has me highlighted in light red as -17 words on my haiku? Is that something I need to worry about?
[I]Hello! I'd like to offer up a poem to the Wind! Judges: @Sinjin @SpiritHare @Tanganika @Zytolo[/i] [b]FR Player Name:[/b] Qingqing [b]FR Player ID#:[/b] 665030 [b]Dragon Poet's Name:[/b] Shayir [b]Dragon Poet's ID#:[/b] 84522211 [b]Dragon Poet Image:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84522211][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/845223/84522211_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Entry Category:[/b] A Taste of... [b]Entry Title:[/b] Life is a Flavour Most Complex [b]Entry: [/b] In the times long ago, in the place with no name The World walked around her florescent domaine. To her greatest bemusement, out of the blue She saw a small baby playing with dew. The World offered spoonfuls of love to the babe Then slowly and painfully tore them away When each day the babe wailed and whined to have more, Until there was nothing at last left in store. The World started feeding it misery next: "Though sour, it will make you stronger," she said. After misery came curiosity's turn — First it soothed, then it nagged, then it made the heart burn. By the moment time came for the babe to taste loss, It resented the World with unstoppable force. The babe cried out loud its most sacred plea, The World heard and decided to set the babe free. Then the babe found itself to be truly alone. Then it stood and she was not a babe now at all. So the dragon discovered that freedom tastes bitter When there's no one around to share its sweetness.
Hello! I'd like to offer up a poem to the Wind!
Judges: @Sinjin @SpiritHare @Tanganika @Zytolo

FR Player Name: Qingqing
FR Player ID#: 665030
Dragon Poet's Name: Shayir
Dragon Poet's ID#: 84522211

Dragon Poet Image:
84522211_350.png

Entry Category: A Taste of...
Entry Title: Life is a Flavour Most Complex

Entry:

In the times long ago, in the place with no name
The World walked around her florescent domaine.
To her greatest bemusement, out of the blue
She saw a small baby playing with dew.

The World offered spoonfuls of love to the babe
Then slowly and painfully tore them away
When each day the babe wailed and whined to have more,
Until there was nothing at last left in store.

The World started feeding it misery next:
"Though sour, it will make you stronger," she said.
After misery came curiosity's turn —
First it soothed, then it nagged, then it made the heart burn.

By the moment time came for the babe to taste loss,
It resented the World with unstoppable force.
The babe cried out loud its most sacred plea,
The World heard and decided to set the babe free.

Then the babe found itself to be truly alone.
Then it stood and she was not a babe now at all.
So the dragon discovered that freedom tastes bitter
When there's no one around to share its sweetness.

‘Jin
‘Fr+10
‘She/they
Wishlist
Poetry Workshop
Sales tab

ToxrvHn.gif
[columns][color=#13420c]"[size=5]H[/size]ello." Peregrina whispered. [size=5]A[/size]t a encouraging look from Herman she took a deep breath and tried again. "[size=5]D[/size]o to unforeseen circumstances I have only just finished cataloging all of your poems. Wonderful by the way. You all are going to make judging very hard." She almost smiled. "There were a few mistakes in the haiku category. Not trusting myself to be a hundred percent correct I used [url=https://www.haikusyllablecounter.com]this tool[/url] to count the syllables. @Hollowcene , @Saronai , @Starefaba . Yours seems to have too many. You are allowed to edit your poems. Just please post that you have once they're done! Thank you!" She ended in a rush. [size=5]H[/size]erman nodded, "All poems have been entered. Keep up the amazing work."[/color][nextcol][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/52646810][img]https://i.imgur.com/kG9bN26.png[/img][/url][/columns]
"Hello." Peregrina whispered.

At a encouraging look from Herman she took a deep breath and tried again.

"Do to unforeseen circumstances I have only just finished cataloging all of your poems. Wonderful by the way. You all are going to make judging very hard." She almost smiled. "There were a few mistakes in the haiku category. Not trusting myself to be a hundred percent correct I used this tool to count the syllables. @Hollowcene , @Saronai , @Starefaba . Yours seems to have too many. You are allowed to edit your poems. Just please post that you have once they're done! Thank you!" She ended in a rush.

Herman nodded, "All poems have been entered. Keep up the amazing work."
kG9bN26.png
8oOETBT.png Z85Oomo.png Game!
Wishlist
bN7rFE2.png 50307145.png Star a
Dragon
N24Y7nO.png
@Sinjin

Sorry about that! I’ve edited my haiku so it’s 5 7 5 :)
@Sinjin

Sorry about that! I’ve edited my haiku so it’s 5 7 5 :)
@Sinjin
I put my haiku into the counter and it told me that there's 6 syllables in the last line, but I can only count 5 - can you help me find the mistake because I feel like I'm going crazy
@Sinjin
I put my haiku into the counter and it told me that there's 6 syllables in the last line, but I can only count 5 - can you help me find the mistake because I feel like I'm going crazy
Vista: Progress Ribbon onl96wk.png Vista: Rainbow Ribbon
[columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/52646810][img]https://i.imgur.com/a3OzGVE.png[/img][/url][nextcol][color=#13420c]"[size=5]I[/size] took away all but the last line and then made each word a line..." Herman frowned. "Apparently both 'button' and 'popped' have 2 syllables." [size=5]P[/size]eregrina head popped around Herman's shoulder "You have to say them hard. But-ton. Pop-ed. Is that helpful?" [right][color=#13420c]@Starefaba[/right] [/color][/columns]
a3OzGVE.png "I took away all but the last line and then made each word a line..." Herman frowned. "Apparently both 'button' and 'popped' have 2 syllables."

Peregrina head popped around Herman's shoulder "You have to say them hard. But-ton. Pop-ed. Is that helpful?"

8oOETBT.png Z85Oomo.png Game!
Wishlist
bN7rFE2.png 50307145.png Star a
Dragon
N24Y7nO.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12