Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Upgraded Membership? Poll!
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 28 29
1. Are you in support of Upgrading Accounts?
-b. Yes

2. Which form would you like an Upgrade?
-b. Singular Perks available Separately, but perhaps an all-bundle pack that has a little discount from buying all separately.

3. How much would you pay for a Bundle Upgrade *per Month*?
I wouldn't personally pay for any upgrades

4. How much would you pay for a Single Perk *per Month*? UPDATED!
I wouldn't personally pay.

5. What COSMETIC Perks would you like/use most? Choose any that apply.
If you like all just say ALL
-b. Daily Autofeed
-c. Bond All Familiars

6. How should Upgrade(s) be bought?
-b. Cash Only

7. Should Upgrade(s) be direct to the Account or a Trade/Sell/Use-able item?
-b. Movable Item

8. Optional Any additional comments?
I don't think that ad-block should be an option at all, because I've seen too many sites that allow premium memberships and then get really annoying ads to try to get more money or because they aren't getting as much for the memberships or something. I will either stop using the site altogether or get an adblocker if there are loud/obnoxious/popup ads, I sure won't pay a website to /not/ annoy me. Supposing that isn't a problem we face, though, I can see how it might have merits, especially for people who might have children who play the puzzles or other games but ads might result in the kid accidentally clicking them when they don't know what they're doing.
-b. Yes

-b. Singular Perks available Separately, but perhaps an all-bundle pack that has a little discount from buying all separately.

I wouldn't personally pay for any upgrades

I wouldn't personally pay.

-b. Daily Autofeed
-c. Bond All Familiars

-b. Cash Only

-b. Movable Item

I don't think that ad-block should be an option at all, because I've seen too many sites that allow premium memberships and then get really annoying ads to try to get more money or because they aren't getting as much for the memberships or something. I will either stop using the site altogether or get an adblocker if there are loud/obnoxious/popup ads, I sure won't pay a website to /not/ annoy me. Supposing that isn't a problem we face, though, I can see how it might have merits, especially for people who might have children who play the puzzles or other games but ads might result in the kid accidentally clicking them when they don't know what they're doing.
cPW6H3E.png
-a. No

Never for gems. That does nothing to generate profits for the site.

Reasons why I don't support these perks:
a. Forum Vista: They've recently started introducing Forum Vistas for contest winners, and presumably there will be other ways to get them in the future. And what makes a "Subscriber" so much more special than any other person who has bought gems in bulk?
b. Daily Autofeed: Unfair advantage that breaks the game. Managing a sustainable lair size and using your gathering turns and other means of obtaining food effectively is an integral part of the game.
c. Bond All Familiars: Unfair advantage that breaks the game. Assuming that you get to the point of having ~230 familiars Awakened, that's 50x230=11500 free treasure that you get every day for zero effort, or 345000 per month. Even if we assume that "Bond All" applies only to familiars currently attached to dragons, it's still up to 217500 per month. Games get broken really quickly when a real money purchase can directly generate in-game currency for no effort.
d. Ad Removal: Here's a simple solution to ad removal: Turn on your AdBlock and voluntarily buy a gem bundle for real money every month or two at a value that you're comfortable with, if you still want to contribute to the site without bothering with ads.
-a. No

Never for gems. That does nothing to generate profits for the site.

Reasons why I don't support these perks:
a. Forum Vista: They've recently started introducing Forum Vistas for contest winners, and presumably there will be other ways to get them in the future. And what makes a "Subscriber" so much more special than any other person who has bought gems in bulk?
b. Daily Autofeed: Unfair advantage that breaks the game. Managing a sustainable lair size and using your gathering turns and other means of obtaining food effectively is an integral part of the game.
c. Bond All Familiars: Unfair advantage that breaks the game. Assuming that you get to the point of having ~230 familiars Awakened, that's 50x230=11500 free treasure that you get every day for zero effort, or 345000 per month. Even if we assume that "Bond All" applies only to familiars currently attached to dragons, it's still up to 217500 per month. Games get broken really quickly when a real money purchase can directly generate in-game currency for no effort.
d. Ad Removal: Here's a simple solution to ad removal: Turn on your AdBlock and voluntarily buy a gem bundle for real money every month or two at a value that you're comfortable with, if you still want to contribute to the site without bothering with ads.
qIcJ82H.pngEmI9Jgd.png2ZYu6OU.png0mjfpw6.pngPXqYGyl.png
-a. No

8. Any additional comments?

I feel that gems' existence as a premium currency is enough as a single pay-to-play option. Users can buy as many gem packages as they like/can afford for varying degrees of buying power. The marketplace's shops' gem-item stocks provide some barrier between treasure and gems, with gem-holding users having the option to essentially buy treasure by selling gem items (and of course gems themselves). Of course that's just the current framework, and the other features you've suggested are definitely worth exploring.

Adblock programs already do the job without paying for it, and I'd argue that automatic familiar bonding provides substantial benefit to disqualify from the 'cosmetic' classification. Though bonding with all at once takes some of the intimacy out of the progress (though it's not much to begin with, really), it'd definitely be practical and time-saving. Some people might like an autofeed option, especially if it were able to be toggled on or off, but that might be minor enough to implement across all users rather than holding it over non-premium ones' heads. Honestly, functions like that seem more like things Flight Rising could stand to work to feel like more of a completely functioning game. Vistas or badges definitely fall into the cosmetic category, and I personally wouldn't mind them being paywalled.

The Item vs. Page question for actually acquiring membership is a very thoughtful question, and it reminds me of RuneScape's membership system. It started as being solely done though user settings and prompting a direct, user-to-company payment in real money. Eventually it expanded to being able to buy 'Bonds' items, purchased and credited into the game with a customer's money. From there, they could be sold, traded, or gifted to other users, who could use them for membership or other 'premium' perks (instant username change, gear transmogs, etc.). Though much more complicated than direct membership subscription, such a system has the potential to make premium content more widely accessible if some users can afford vast amounts of premium items to sell to others for treasure. Of course that also has the potential to widen the gap between the common user and the pay-to-play one, but gems already have that potential. It probably depends on what's being offered.

Also, I feel like perhaps an "Ignore the rest of the questions" or "No comment/I do not support premium" options after the rest of the questions might lessen response bias on the poll (i.e. indicating the questioner's stance or influencing respondents' answers). But that's just my inner Prob & Stat student's finickiness talking.

Make or break, t'll be interesting to see where the site goes in regards to premium content.
-a. No

8. Any additional comments?

I feel that gems' existence as a premium currency is enough as a single pay-to-play option. Users can buy as many gem packages as they like/can afford for varying degrees of buying power. The marketplace's shops' gem-item stocks provide some barrier between treasure and gems, with gem-holding users having the option to essentially buy treasure by selling gem items (and of course gems themselves). Of course that's just the current framework, and the other features you've suggested are definitely worth exploring.

Adblock programs already do the job without paying for it, and I'd argue that automatic familiar bonding provides substantial benefit to disqualify from the 'cosmetic' classification. Though bonding with all at once takes some of the intimacy out of the progress (though it's not much to begin with, really), it'd definitely be practical and time-saving. Some people might like an autofeed option, especially if it were able to be toggled on or off, but that might be minor enough to implement across all users rather than holding it over non-premium ones' heads. Honestly, functions like that seem more like things Flight Rising could stand to work to feel like more of a completely functioning game. Vistas or badges definitely fall into the cosmetic category, and I personally wouldn't mind them being paywalled.

The Item vs. Page question for actually acquiring membership is a very thoughtful question, and it reminds me of RuneScape's membership system. It started as being solely done though user settings and prompting a direct, user-to-company payment in real money. Eventually it expanded to being able to buy 'Bonds' items, purchased and credited into the game with a customer's money. From there, they could be sold, traded, or gifted to other users, who could use them for membership or other 'premium' perks (instant username change, gear transmogs, etc.). Though much more complicated than direct membership subscription, such a system has the potential to make premium content more widely accessible if some users can afford vast amounts of premium items to sell to others for treasure. Of course that also has the potential to widen the gap between the common user and the pay-to-play one, but gems already have that potential. It probably depends on what's being offered.

Also, I feel like perhaps an "Ignore the rest of the questions" or "No comment/I do not support premium" options after the rest of the questions might lessen response bias on the poll (i.e. indicating the questioner's stance or influencing respondents' answers). But that's just my inner Prob & Stat student's finickiness talking.

Make or break, t'll be interesting to see where the site goes in regards to premium content.
Signatures.
Oh and @miirshroom

I see where you're coming from, but I think perhaps there could be ways to make premium always put money into the company. If perks could be purchased with real money, or even gems (just not treasure), as long as the perks would be consumed and last for a set period (let's say a month or longer, depending on the package purchased), that would still provide a sink for gems in the end. Sure, people could muster up gems currently in circulation or grind out treasure to buy said gems, but as long as the perks would be consumed (e.g. an item that rents an auto-feed option) and require replenishment unlike unlocked apparel slots or apparel items, that'd provide a demand for more money to be spent on the game. It's just a matter of making sure currency doesn't proliferate.

[Edit] And pricing them in a way that'd be difficult to keep up with by just grinding the daily Fairgrounds amount ;)
Oh and @miirshroom

I see where you're coming from, but I think perhaps there could be ways to make premium always put money into the company. If perks could be purchased with real money, or even gems (just not treasure), as long as the perks would be consumed and last for a set period (let's say a month or longer, depending on the package purchased), that would still provide a sink for gems in the end. Sure, people could muster up gems currently in circulation or grind out treasure to buy said gems, but as long as the perks would be consumed (e.g. an item that rents an auto-feed option) and require replenishment unlike unlocked apparel slots or apparel items, that'd provide a demand for more money to be spent on the game. It's just a matter of making sure currency doesn't proliferate.

[Edit] And pricing them in a way that'd be difficult to keep up with by just grinding the daily Fairgrounds amount ;)
Signatures.
1. Not in the sense that creates elitism. I would prefer purchasing small perks, like no ads or forum vistas, but not anything that's a month to month package that would include rare items.

2. As I said above, I would only support small perks and however it would be easiest to go about those, I would also support.

3. Probably only about $5, assuming it's only small perks.

4. Depends on the perk. No ads, I would pay about $5. Forum vistas, new backgrounds, etc. probably only about a $1.

5. Ad removal and forum vistas. I don't support autofeed (assuming you still reap the well-fed bonus) or bond all with familiars. I would support having lair folders/organization this way.

6. Gems or cash, so it can be accessible to users who are unable to pay with cash.

7. Most should be account-bound, but I could see some bundles being a gift-able item.
1. Not in the sense that creates elitism. I would prefer purchasing small perks, like no ads or forum vistas, but not anything that's a month to month package that would include rare items.

2. As I said above, I would only support small perks and however it would be easiest to go about those, I would also support.

3. Probably only about $5, assuming it's only small perks.

4. Depends on the perk. No ads, I would pay about $5. Forum vistas, new backgrounds, etc. probably only about a $1.

5. Ad removal and forum vistas. I don't support autofeed (assuming you still reap the well-fed bonus) or bond all with familiars. I would support having lair folders/organization this way.

6. Gems or cash, so it can be accessible to users who are unable to pay with cash.

7. Most should be account-bound, but I could see some bundles being a gift-able item.
accessibilitysmaller.pngtumblr_inline_ngg8mvee1A1suj19d.png
No
Answers after this are only "if I had to choose"

. Single-Option Bundle (all perks in one package)

$5-$10 per month

$3 or less

Forum Vista because the rest of the options (besides ad removal) aren't really cosmetic.
Don't see the point of an ad remover, because ad-block exists.

Cash or Gems

Direct Usage to Account
No
Answers after this are only "if I had to choose"

. Single-Option Bundle (all perks in one package)

$5-$10 per month

$3 or less

Forum Vista because the rest of the options (besides ad removal) aren't really cosmetic.
Don't see the point of an ad remover, because ad-block exists.

Cash or Gems

Direct Usage to Account
6epgHfG.png
FREE Arcane Nests. Nest conditions on profile
FR +3
-b. Yes

-b. Singular Perks available Separately

-a. $5-10 (500-1000 Gems)

-a. $3 or Less

- I like all of these suggestions. Another thing I'd like is the ability to expand my lair with gems/paid points/whatever.

-c. Cash or Gems

-a. Direct Usage to Account
-b. Yes

-b. Singular Perks available Separately

-a. $3 or Less

- I like all of these suggestions. Another thing I'd like is the ability to expand my lair with gems/paid points/whatever.

-c. Cash or Gems

-a. Direct Usage to Account
tundrasig_small.png
#1 Speckle Fan * Old Dragon Collector * FR+3
The crossed out suggestions like extra gathering turns, yes, I would pay for things like that

I would not pay for the "privilege" of having fancy colors or something else. Premium membership, the entire POINT of a premium level of gameplay, is to get extra stuff that nonpremium players do not, that allows you to further your game faster or better. getting an avatar for forums is bogus, and not helpful at all, nor is that worth my money. ACTUAL substantial helpful perks, yes. Cosmetic perks, no.
The crossed out suggestions like extra gathering turns, yes, I would pay for things like that

I would not pay for the "privilege" of having fancy colors or something else. Premium membership, the entire POINT of a premium level of gameplay, is to get extra stuff that nonpremium players do not, that allows you to further your game faster or better. getting an avatar for forums is bogus, and not helpful at all, nor is that worth my money. ACTUAL substantial helpful perks, yes. Cosmetic perks, no.
CFD73y7.png
I love this suggestion, and I'm really irked there's no way to do ad removal currently without negatively impacting the site. Directly before this website I was most active on Subeta, which does offer premium memberships which are available as tradable items you can also purchase with in-game currency. Premium membership can certainly be done in ways that don't break the in-game economy or present undue difficulty to those without IRL money. If this ever happens, I'd be one of the first in line to get one. Support.

b. Yes

-a. Single-Option Bundle (all perks in one package

-b. $10-15 (1000-1500 Gems)

-a. $3 or Less

-d. Ad Removal

-c. Cash or Gems

-b. Movable Item
I love this suggestion, and I'm really irked there's no way to do ad removal currently without negatively impacting the site. Directly before this website I was most active on Subeta, which does offer premium memberships which are available as tradable items you can also purchase with in-game currency. Premium membership can certainly be done in ways that don't break the in-game economy or present undue difficulty to those without IRL money. If this ever happens, I'd be one of the first in line to get one. Support.

b. Yes

-a. Single-Option Bundle (all perks in one package

-a. $3 or Less

-d. Ad Removal

-c. Cash or Gems

-b. Movable Item
accessibilitysmallest.png
[quote name="Felahr" date="2015-01-10 04:58:04"]The crossed out suggestions like extra gathering turns, yes, I would pay for things like that I would not pay for the "privilege" of having fancy colors or something else. Premium membership, the entire POINT of a premium level of gameplay, is to get extra stuff that nonpremium players do not, that allows you to further your game faster or better. getting an avatar for forums is bogus, and not helpful at all, nor is that worth my money. ACTUAL substantial helpful perks, yes. Cosmetic perks, no.[/quote] I agree with this. People are so vocal about "pay to play" but you already can buy gems and effect your game play. These other premium suggestions wouldn't do anything else new to the game, imo. Besides, you know, support the staff to grow and create even more cool things. [b]Support.[/b] For the non-cosmetic premium ideas. 1. Are you in support of Upgrading Accounts? -b. Yes 2. Which form would you like an Upgrade? -a. Single-Option Bundle (all perks in one package) 3. How much would you pay for a Bundle Upgrade *per Month*? -a. $5-10 (500-1000 Gems) -b. $10-15 (1000-1500 Gems) 4. How much would you pay for a Single Perk *per Month*? UPDATED! -a. $3 or Less 5. What [s]COSMETIC[/s] Perks would you like/use most? Choose any that apply. If you like all just say ALL -a. Forum Vista -b. Daily Autofeed -c. Bond All Familiars -d. Ad Removal -e. Other; ability to rearrange (not remove) battle stones -e.2 Other; secondary lair (expansions still cost the same) 6. How should Upgrade(s) be bought? -c. Cash or Gems 7. Should Upgrade(s) be direct to the Account or a Trade/Sell/Use-able item? -b. Movable Item
Felahr wrote on 2015-01-10 04:58:04:

I agree with this.
People are so vocal about "pay to play" but you already can buy gems and effect your game play. These other premium suggestions wouldn't do anything else new to the game, imo. Besides, you know, support the staff to grow and create even more cool things.

Support. For the non-cosmetic premium ideas.

-b. Yes

-a. Single-Option Bundle (all perks in one package)

-a. $3 or Less

-a. Forum Vista
-b. Daily Autofeed
-c. Bond All Familiars
-d. Ad Removal
-e. Other; ability to rearrange (not remove) battle stones
-e.2 Other; secondary lair (expansions still cost the same)

-c. Cash or Gems

-b. Movable Item
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 28 29