Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Marketplace Snipers
1 2
Let's go through this one at a time... [quote]First and Foremost, users, REFUSE to buy from the overpriced people in AH. Keep note of what those genes actually cost in the marketplace, and if you see them selling higher, refuse to go near it. Heck, report that person to a moderator, even if that isn't technically against the rules, just to raise attention to the inconsiderate jerk.[/quote] Right there. It isn't against the rules. Nobody is forced to buy from the AH. The person isn't being a jerk or inconsiderate. Supply and Demand is what governs a market and if someone really needs an item, they'll meet the best price possible, even if it's overpriced. A better idea would be to add an area on the item hover description which states the current marketplace value. [quote]2) Limit how many specialty items can be bought per day. It'd SUCK for us. But at least it would give all of us a chance to get at things without snipers jacking all the crap on the market. It would put them in a position to -have- to only buy what they need, instead of all the stuff the rest of us are hoping to get.[/quote] What would the limit be? 2? 3? 4? 10? If I have a few dragons I need to gene asap, I'm gonna be a little peeved at not being able to buy it. I'm not sniping, I'm just trying to get my dragons gened before I need to breed them. [quote]3) Unlimited market items. Something I like less only because those genes are meant to be harder to get, but at least it would take the value out of what the snipers can get.[/quote] I don't so much care about this point. I neither hate it nor love it. [quote]4) Ban snipers. No not on the first go. I'd give them three warning first. After the third time it'd be a ban, cause not only is it unfair to the rest of the users, it absolutely ensures the economy of this site stays in the criminal ranks, as opposed to anything reasonable.[/quote] No. No. No. There is nothing wrong. No rule has been broken. This is an incredibly vindictive rule based on your own pet peeves. So, if I buy all the genes I need for a few dragons I plan on breeding, should I get a warning? No. I didn't do anything wrong. You want to know what fixes sniper problems? Cooldowns. Making it so one person needs to wait ten seconds before buying something else. It's reasonable and it doesn't hurt the person doing it just because you think they fall under the "sniper" category.
Let's go through this one at a time...

Quote:
First and Foremost, users, REFUSE to buy from the overpriced people in AH. Keep note of what those genes actually cost in the marketplace, and if you see them selling higher, refuse to go near it. Heck, report that person to a moderator, even if that isn't technically against the rules, just to raise attention to the inconsiderate jerk.

Right there. It isn't against the rules. Nobody is forced to buy from the AH. The person isn't being a jerk or inconsiderate. Supply and Demand is what governs a market and if someone really needs an item, they'll meet the best price possible, even if it's overpriced. A better idea would be to add an area on the item hover description which states the current marketplace value.

Quote:
2) Limit how many specialty items can be bought per day. It'd SUCK for us. But at least it would give all of us a chance to get at things without snipers jacking all the crap on the market. It would put them in a position to -have- to only buy what they need, instead of all the stuff the rest of us are hoping to get.

What would the limit be? 2? 3? 4? 10? If I have a few dragons I need to gene asap, I'm gonna be a little peeved at not being able to buy it. I'm not sniping, I'm just trying to get my dragons gened before I need to breed them.
Quote:
3) Unlimited market items. Something I like less only because those genes are meant to be harder to get, but at least it would take the value out of what the snipers can get.

I don't so much care about this point. I neither hate it nor love it.
Quote:
4) Ban snipers. No not on the first go. I'd give them three warning first. After the third time it'd be a ban, cause not only is it unfair to the rest of the users, it absolutely ensures the economy of this site stays in the criminal ranks, as opposed to anything reasonable.

No. No. No. There is nothing wrong. No rule has been broken. This is an incredibly vindictive rule based on your own pet peeves. So, if I buy all the genes I need for a few dragons I plan on breeding, should I get a warning? No. I didn't do anything wrong.

You want to know what fixes sniper problems? Cooldowns. Making it so one person needs to wait ten seconds before buying something else. It's reasonable and it doesn't hurt the person doing it just because you think they fall under the "sniper" category.
Hello,

There was an issue with the marketplace dumping its items too quickly for the past few days. This issue was fixed last night and every time I've gone to the marketplace today I have seen it stocked, including with special/gene items. Are you still having an issue finding items in the marketplace?

Beyond that, there isn't a way that we can police how people play this game if they aren't violating any rules.
Hello,

There was an issue with the marketplace dumping its items too quickly for the past few days. This issue was fixed last night and every time I've gone to the marketplace today I have seen it stocked, including with special/gene items. Are you still having an issue finding items in the marketplace?

Beyond that, there isn't a way that we can police how people play this game if they aren't violating any rules.
What I'm going to address is going to be brief predominantly based on the fact that some of what I said may have been mis-represented by myself. And while I have a reason for it, you all need to not be privy to those facts cause it is what it is.

1) I am always and ever will be, open to correction. Just because I -perceive- something one way, does not make it so. If I am presented with a reasonable counter point, I will happily respect that and admit my fault. As such, yes, there were a lot of flaws to what I said.

2) I tried to point out and explain in a second post that I had some how missed that it was a site error but when I tried to post it, the site 503ed on me for about the eighth time in a short frame of time, so I sighed and walked away and decided to come back to it later.

3) Even if I am wrong. If I am saying something I shouldn't. It's no need to come down on me on a condescending manner. All you have to do is follow suit as I pointed out in point 1, and politely explain to me my fault.

@Amalythia I don't think I'v run into the problem again since my post. And it may have just been bad timing on my part. The only other 'problem' I've had has been with shockswitch rewards not carrying through, and I think one of my exaltations recently failed to pay out, but I shrugged it off cause I know there's a ton of stuff going on with the servers right now. Here's hoping everything sorts out soon y/y?

@Haven I like that cooldown option a -lot- and I probably only didn't think of it cause I was already frustrated at nearly losing my post twice due to a mixture of 503's and internet access being wonky. I also like the idea of the hover to see value option.

Unfortunately none of my ideas (not demands as it seems they are perceived to be by some) are without flaw. That's part of why I wanted to point out that I do appreciate what was happening, along with voicing why I'm having my frustrations. I'm sorry if the way I did that upset or offended anyone, but sometimes that happens when you're frustrated. It's a state of mind and I think it would do the world well if we all took each others frustrations with a grain of salt.

Thanks Amalythia to responding to my concerns. And Haven for repsonding so objectively and politely to my thoughts. (I've always enjoyed reading your posts.)
What I'm going to address is going to be brief predominantly based on the fact that some of what I said may have been mis-represented by myself. And while I have a reason for it, you all need to not be privy to those facts cause it is what it is.

1) I am always and ever will be, open to correction. Just because I -perceive- something one way, does not make it so. If I am presented with a reasonable counter point, I will happily respect that and admit my fault. As such, yes, there were a lot of flaws to what I said.

2) I tried to point out and explain in a second post that I had some how missed that it was a site error but when I tried to post it, the site 503ed on me for about the eighth time in a short frame of time, so I sighed and walked away and decided to come back to it later.

3) Even if I am wrong. If I am saying something I shouldn't. It's no need to come down on me on a condescending manner. All you have to do is follow suit as I pointed out in point 1, and politely explain to me my fault.

@Amalythia I don't think I'v run into the problem again since my post. And it may have just been bad timing on my part. The only other 'problem' I've had has been with shockswitch rewards not carrying through, and I think one of my exaltations recently failed to pay out, but I shrugged it off cause I know there's a ton of stuff going on with the servers right now. Here's hoping everything sorts out soon y/y?

@Haven I like that cooldown option a -lot- and I probably only didn't think of it cause I was already frustrated at nearly losing my post twice due to a mixture of 503's and internet access being wonky. I also like the idea of the hover to see value option.

Unfortunately none of my ideas (not demands as it seems they are perceived to be by some) are without flaw. That's part of why I wanted to point out that I do appreciate what was happening, along with voicing why I'm having my frustrations. I'm sorry if the way I did that upset or offended anyone, but sometimes that happens when you're frustrated. It's a state of mind and I think it would do the world well if we all took each others frustrations with a grain of salt.

Thanks Amalythia to responding to my concerns. And Haven for repsonding so objectively and politely to my thoughts. (I've always enjoyed reading your posts.)
Yes, that is a little over the top. I pretty much can't stand the people who buy a dozen or so of each gene/scroll then post them at ridiculous prices either. Sadly it is a valid, if underhanded in my books, tactic to make money. Underhanded because it does make people, specifically new/younger users who don't yet know the system, upset when they find out they have essentially been 'robbed' (in their eyes).
Yes, that is a little over the top. I pretty much can't stand the people who buy a dozen or so of each gene/scroll then post them at ridiculous prices either. Sadly it is a valid, if underhanded in my books, tactic to make money. Underhanded because it does make people, specifically new/younger users who don't yet know the system, upset when they find out they have essentially been 'robbed' (in their eyes).
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
1 2