Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Pre-order system for Swipp
1 2
so I made a comment in another thread just now that got me thinking of something that might help make the swap stand a bit more accessible to the more casual user who may not have time to be checking back super often for that one elusive trade.

and what I'm thinking is that Swipp needs a pre-ordering system

how this would work is that, since there's already a catalog of all available trades for swipp, you can pick out up to three items to put down a pre-order for.
then, in order to secure your pre-order, you pay a pre-order fee (it would be steeper than tripp's price range in order to balance it out) for each item you have picked out, and when the item stocks in the swap stand, you'll be given a ping to let you know your order is in. then, once your order is in, you go to the swap stand, and give them the materials required in order to pick your order up and boom! it's yours
this way, if swipp stocks the elusive item you're looking for in the middle of the night, when you're at work, when you're otherwise away from the computer/phone, etc, you'll be guaranteed a copy even if you miss out on the trade being in the swap stand (this would also give you time to grind out missing ingredients if you're a little short).

for balancing's sake, you would only be able to have three active pre-orders at a time (one for each shopkeeper), and you can cancel any active pre-orders you have set at any time if you change your mind or want to put anything else on pre-order. you also wouldn't be able to have multiple pre-orders open for the same item at the same time.
also not sure if it'd be necessary for balancing purposes, but there would probably be a time limit for how long you have to pick up your item. it would be a fair one (think one or several days), but if you don't pick it up in a certain amount of time, you lose your place.

I find myself just not touching the swap stand because the random and very-easy-to-miss-out-on-things-you-want nature of it actively makes me NOT want to use it, but perhaps a feature like this would have users engaging with it a little bit more. in addition, while I think this wouldn't outright replace the need for the swap stand pinglist, it would certainly alleviate a lot of the need for it

thoughts? additions? tweaks?
so I made a comment in another thread just now that got me thinking of something that might help make the swap stand a bit more accessible to the more casual user who may not have time to be checking back super often for that one elusive trade.

and what I'm thinking is that Swipp needs a pre-ordering system

how this would work is that, since there's already a catalog of all available trades for swipp, you can pick out up to three items to put down a pre-order for.
then, in order to secure your pre-order, you pay a pre-order fee (it would be steeper than tripp's price range in order to balance it out) for each item you have picked out, and when the item stocks in the swap stand, you'll be given a ping to let you know your order is in. then, once your order is in, you go to the swap stand, and give them the materials required in order to pick your order up and boom! it's yours
this way, if swipp stocks the elusive item you're looking for in the middle of the night, when you're at work, when you're otherwise away from the computer/phone, etc, you'll be guaranteed a copy even if you miss out on the trade being in the swap stand (this would also give you time to grind out missing ingredients if you're a little short).

for balancing's sake, you would only be able to have three active pre-orders at a time (one for each shopkeeper), and you can cancel any active pre-orders you have set at any time if you change your mind or want to put anything else on pre-order. you also wouldn't be able to have multiple pre-orders open for the same item at the same time.
also not sure if it'd be necessary for balancing purposes, but there would probably be a time limit for how long you have to pick up your item. it would be a fair one (think one or several days), but if you don't pick it up in a certain amount of time, you lose your place.

I find myself just not touching the swap stand because the random and very-easy-to-miss-out-on-things-you-want nature of it actively makes me NOT want to use it, but perhaps a feature like this would have users engaging with it a little bit more. in addition, while I think this wouldn't outright replace the need for the swap stand pinglist, it would certainly alleviate a lot of the need for it

thoughts? additions? tweaks?
Support! I think this is a wonderful idea, and I like the balance of only being able to preorder one item with each shopkeep. It feels like a fun addition to the existing system that is still fair and balanced.
Support! I think this is a wonderful idea, and I like the balance of only being able to preorder one item with each shopkeep. It feels like a fun addition to the existing system that is still fair and balanced.
gWmB8p.jpg
I love the idea of this! It feels a little more fair to more casual players and more active players alike.
I love the idea of this! It feels a little more fair to more casual players and more active players alike.
tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o4_100.giftumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o2_75sq.png Hobbyist Writer57719699_nSiBYnESr0q0Pa5.pngFeel free to ping! tumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o1_75sq.pngtumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o2_100.gif
This is a great idea! I've been checking Swipp every 2 hours for weeks now, waiting for the Blossom parchment trade, but it either hasn't shown up yet, or it's only cycled in while I'm asleep. :'V I have all of the stuff ready to go; I just... need him to actually stock the gene...

Having a limit on preorders is a good way to balance the feature out, too. Gives everyone a fair shot at getting a couple of items they really want, but prevents people from preordering dozens of items at once instead of trading with Swipp the usual way.
This is a great idea! I've been checking Swipp every 2 hours for weeks now, waiting for the Blossom parchment trade, but it either hasn't shown up yet, or it's only cycled in while I'm asleep. :'V I have all of the stuff ready to go; I just... need him to actually stock the gene...

Having a limit on preorders is a good way to balance the feature out, too. Gives everyone a fair shot at getting a couple of items they really want, but prevents people from preordering dozens of items at once instead of trading with Swipp the usual way.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
On one hand, this seems to defeat the purpose of Swipp's mechanic. On the other hand, Swipp has so many trades that even with Pipp and Tripp, it's not only painful to wait for what you want to pop up, but it's also prohibitive to add more to the pool. So, I suppose overall I feel more support than not as I do feel something should be done to help alleviate the stress of Swipp. (Another option I've seen is to have the oldest of Swipps trades permanently available in a Swipp Store of some sort with the newest still being cycling trades.)
On one hand, this seems to defeat the purpose of Swipp's mechanic. On the other hand, Swipp has so many trades that even with Pipp and Tripp, it's not only painful to wait for what you want to pop up, but it's also prohibitive to add more to the pool. So, I suppose overall I feel more support than not as I do feel something should be done to help alleviate the stress of Swipp. (Another option I've seen is to have the oldest of Swipps trades permanently available in a Swipp Store of some sort with the newest still being cycling trades.)
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Support! This would be really beneficial for everyone, but especially casual players.
Support! This would be really beneficial for everyone, but especially casual players.
Dragon Sales Thread
HdmxfuE.png
mtHAEL4.png
qN1OyUr.png
QT3Fwnu.gif BAYHRHf.png
dgZqX5Q.png
woVoZAh.png
I support this, I get a little anxious about missing something if I have been hunting it for a long time so getting a preorder would be incredibly helpful for me (I know being anxious over this sort of thing is kinda dumb but I can't help it haha). I'm just an overall anxious person so it would keep me from hovering over Swipp all day, most of the time several days, just to make sure I don't miss the trade I want.
I support this, I get a little anxious about missing something if I have been hunting it for a long time so getting a preorder would be incredibly helpful for me (I know being anxious over this sort of thing is kinda dumb but I can't help it haha). I'm just an overall anxious person so it would keep me from hovering over Swipp all day, most of the time several days, just to make sure I don't miss the trade I want.
i3VCiEO.png
ALL THEY SEE IS A SHADOW
SHE/HER
G1 LAIR
FR +2
support, seems handy! honestly, it's already tough enough getting all the items necessary...
support, seems handy! honestly, it's already tough enough getting all the items necessary...
Support! Even a very active player might have to wait days, weeks or even months to catch a trade they have been looking for. It's not fun for anyone.
Support! Even a very active player might have to wait days, weeks or even months to catch a trade they have been looking for. It's not fun for anyone.
c1xnUU3.png
JrZGMGx.png4SzSxLW.pngHouhGS9.pngwCOCqt3.pngbYt72YT.pngFObX7rS.png
Support. Swipp is an irritating hurdle to overcome if you're a casual player who can't be on every two hours to check for trades. Who has that kind of time and commitment? Many players have jobs and/or classes that pull you away from FR for substantial amounts of time, and that's not including the time you'll also need for chores, errands, everyday life, sleeping... I certainly don't have that kind of time. wish I did.

It's especially frustrating if you're waiting for a trade that advances any other part of the game cough cough Mystic Bark Mask Hibden slot cough cough...

A "pre-order" system that 1) limits how many items you can order and 2) costs a fee to obtain sounds like a fair tradeoff.
Support. Swipp is an irritating hurdle to overcome if you're a casual player who can't be on every two hours to check for trades. Who has that kind of time and commitment? Many players have jobs and/or classes that pull you away from FR for substantial amounts of time, and that's not including the time you'll also need for chores, errands, everyday life, sleeping... I certainly don't have that kind of time. wish I did.

It's especially frustrating if you're waiting for a trade that advances any other part of the game cough cough Mystic Bark Mask Hibden slot cough cough...

A "pre-order" system that 1) limits how many items you can order and 2) costs a fee to obtain sounds like a fair tradeoff.
ytkEBod.png
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
9PstSFT.png
Wn6vGC1.png
IrmwTXC.png
JuaytuP.png
mlHpBMC.png
nmHdjnM.png
loimysO.png
..…….
look-at-my-fursona-her-name-is-Marsh.png