Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Aberration Missing Third Eye Button
1 2 3 4 5 6
I had some thoughts in the FRD abbie eye thread so I'll just copy-paste them here: [quote name="Halszkaraptor" date="2024-04-04 08:34:03" ] I feel like another button (or several overlapping smaller ones since it looks like we need to "hide" the "hole" and one button might not do the job) should be in the 3rd eye slot rather than just a normal eye... it makes the buttons look.... more artificial than they should if that makes any sense. Like these buttons have been attached to a living creature rather than what you'd expect to be naturally occurring circumstances like you'd see on a plush. It's jarring. I know that's abbie's whole jam but it feels more broken than intentional. [/quote]
I had some thoughts in the FRD abbie eye thread so I'll just copy-paste them here:
Halszkaraptor wrote on 2024-04-04 08:34:03:
I feel like another button (or several overlapping smaller ones since it looks like we need to "hide" the "hole" and one button might not do the job) should be in the 3rd eye slot rather than just a normal eye... it makes the buttons look.... more artificial than they should if that makes any sense. Like these buttons have been attached to a living creature rather than what you'd expect to be naturally occurring circumstances like you'd see on a plush.

It's jarring. I know that's abbie's whole jam but it feels more broken than intentional.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
Support! Its so odd that its just left unbuttoned lol.
Support! Its so odd that its just left unbuttoned lol.
GLMwkdE.png Lore Shop
tyEuRXe.png
Support for consistency!
Support for consistency!
CTF4up6.png
[quote name="mothscale" date="2024-04-04 08:52:42" ] Isn't this potentially an issue with spacing? If you look at the non-button eye on the hatchling pose specifically, it's already almost touching the lines in the front-facing oversized button eye. It might be possible to make something like a toggle button (since they're typically somewhere between an oval and a cylinder) to avoid all the buttons getting mushed together, but it might not read as a button to people then, or it'd distract from other things, or just look weird because it'd probably be flat like the other buttons when toggles are usually completely round…. Honestly, I don't really envy the artists this one. [/quote] I wager this is the reason too. I tried adding buttons to the third eye and it works fine on the female and hatchling, but wonky on the male. The mid-eye button not only risks overlapping, it also needs to be bigger than the other eyes. That said, I don't think these look terrible and I'd rather have the male with a wonky button rather than nothing at all. [img]https://i.imgur.com/ZFGFPJi.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/7drHmZT.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/AUQpUCl.png[/img]
mothscale wrote on 2024-04-04 08:52:42:
Isn't this potentially an issue with spacing? If you look at the non-button eye on the hatchling pose specifically, it's already almost touching the lines in the front-facing oversized button eye. It might be possible to make something like a toggle button (since they're typically somewhere between an oval and a cylinder) to avoid all the buttons getting mushed together, but it might not read as a button to people then, or it'd distract from other things, or just look weird because it'd probably be flat like the other buttons when toggles are usually completely round….

Honestly, I don't really envy the artists this one.

I wager this is the reason too. I tried adding buttons to the third eye and it works fine on the female and hatchling, but wonky on the male. The mid-eye button not only risks overlapping, it also needs to be bigger than the other eyes.

That said, I don't think these look terrible and I'd rather have the male with a wonky button rather than nothing at all.

ZFGFPJi.png
7drHmZT.png
AUQpUCl.png
Third button, or like a little sewn on patch if that doesnt fit? I like abberations best for scrap-doll dragons, but this is off-putting.
Third button, or like a little sewn on patch if that doesnt fit? I like abberations best for scrap-doll dragons, but this is off-putting.
XdA0BPq.png
[img]https://i.imgur.com/wCPbKHy.png[/img] Looks like it'd be fine to me! (did it in paint cuz I can't be bothered to open other programs for this dslfk)
wCPbKHy.png

Looks like it'd be fine to me! (did it in paint cuz I can't be bothered to open other programs for this dslfk)
CO4hmv7.gif8xbWHuG.gif
support pleeeease i'd love to be able to use this eye type on abbies too
support pleeeease i'd love to be able to use this eye type on abbies too
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
Support, the eyetype currently looks very out of place on them IMO. If it's due to spacing, just removing the pupil of the third eye would still look more fitting than the current look.
Support, the eyetype currently looks very out of place on them IMO. If it's due to spacing, just removing the pupil of the third eye would still look more fitting than the current look.
!! signature under construction !!
Support! They deserve to have buttons on all of their eyes. To have just one normal eye along with the other buttons eyes looks so out of place. [emoji=aberration sad size=1]
Support! They deserve to have buttons on all of their eyes. To have just one normal eye along with the other buttons eyes looks so out of place.
OQwOmsS.png
_

she/her
straight
quoiromantic
A link to my skin shop.
A small egg with a galaxy pattern and white hearts on it. It links to the Wholesome Void Hatchery.
_

FR time +1
A link to my Instagram.
A link to my DeviantArt.
A link to my wishlist.
PX2gJ9f.png
support. Looks like an oversight
support. Looks like an oversight
sBdLZtA.png
1 2 3 4 5 6