Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Make the next coli venue Plague-themed
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Support! A truly gross, Plague-y venue would be fun!

And people who are squeamish about the aesthetic can just skip it. Making it a level 25 venue would be a good compromise. I don't really get why that always has to be brought up with Plague-related stuff but no one seems to think it's a Big Problem to have stuff like bugs, Bloodied Bandages or multiple trypophobia-inducing genes or Aether's space gene on the website. It's weird to insist that a bit of blood/guts/goo is The Line That Must Not Be Crossed xD
Support! A truly gross, Plague-y venue would be fun!

And people who are squeamish about the aesthetic can just skip it. Making it a level 25 venue would be a good compromise. I don't really get why that always has to be brought up with Plague-related stuff but no one seems to think it's a Big Problem to have stuff like bugs, Bloodied Bandages or multiple trypophobia-inducing genes or Aether's space gene on the website. It's weird to insist that a bit of blood/guts/goo is The Line That Must Not Be Crossed xD
9650eb7d6ebe493e3d6bdd47099c7c9df0a42bc8.png
I think FR staff is too scared of upsetting the three-and-a-half people in the community who have an extremely low tolerance for anything gruesome.

But you know what? Those three-and-a-half people aren't here anymore. If they were, they'd have to be hanging around on a site that has official bloody bandage apparel, an entire holiday dedicated to war, and lairs full of dragons named after horrific illnesses.

FR has already scared off the people who are going to be spooked by some overtly Plague-themed skins and coli venues. Those people are gone.

Support.
I think FR staff is too scared of upsetting the three-and-a-half people in the community who have an extremely low tolerance for anything gruesome.

But you know what? Those three-and-a-half people aren't here anymore. If they were, they'd have to be hanging around on a site that has official bloody bandage apparel, an entire holiday dedicated to war, and lairs full of dragons named after horrific illnesses.

FR has already scared off the people who are going to be spooked by some overtly Plague-themed skins and coli venues. Those people are gone.

Support.
He's a narrow man with a narrow plan.
The first Ground, Fissure, and Boulder/Myrid dragons in the game.
I sell house centipede dragons. You love house centipede dragons.
Support for another Plague venue with a more overt theme than the Mire. I personally don't really care what form it takes, though.
Support for another Plague venue with a more overt theme than the Mire. I personally don't really care what form it takes, though.
JGnDE4d.gif
Huge support! Especially since there are pretty "timid" ideas you could go for that come across Plague-themed: [LIST] [*]Abiding Boneyard, a reddish rocky desert with some bones scattered around and a huge row of ribs in the distance, similar to Titan's fall scene: [/LIST] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/scene/34847.png[/img] [map poi=48 view=land width=480 height=240][/map] [LIST] [*]Scavengers' Village, again mostly conveyed to be Plague-y with the reddish ground coloration, with some tattered and worn buildings scattered around. Some bones used as decor can also help, but they don't have to have any fleshy body horror aspects to them. [*]Hellwell's interior, it can just look like a cave with some bone-like structures on the walls and as pillars. Again, no fleshy bits needed, just some dry stone and bone. [/LIST] [map poi=50 view=land width=480 height=240][/map]
Huge support! Especially since there are pretty "timid" ideas you could go for that come across Plague-themed:
  • Abiding Boneyard, a reddish rocky desert with some bones scattered around and a huge row of ribs in the distance, similar to Titan's fall scene:
34847.png
  • Scavengers' Village, again mostly conveyed to be Plague-y with the reddish ground coloration, with some tattered and worn buildings scattered around. Some bones used as decor can also help, but they don't have to have any fleshy body horror aspects to them.
  • Hellwell's interior, it can just look like a cave with some bone-like structures on the walls and as pillars. Again, no fleshy bits needed, just some dry stone and bone.

..... image.png
-.-
-

FR+10 | She/It | 23

-.-
Tumblr Blog | Skin Shop
--
-.- 01.png
[quote name="Chimalus" date="2023-09-15 19:04:46" ] I think FR staff is too scared of upsetting the three-and-a-half people in the community who have an extremely low tolerance for anything gruesome. [/quote] If FR really was upset about upsetting people, they wouldn't have released Entomophobia Venue, knowing that Entomophobia is a very common fear.
Chimalus wrote on 2023-09-15 19:04:46:

If FR really was upset about upsetting people, they wouldn't have released Entomophobia Venue, knowing that Entomophobia is a very common fear.

I want a weird plague venue like how there's a weird arcane venue

And I want it to have the extra eyes and mushrooms and a kinda meaty look

And plague primal themed bosses

Also skeletal enemies and mushroom enemies and meaty enemies

Im ok with waiting longer for it to be released after a new image hiding feature so it doesn't have to be the next venue for me
I want a weird plague venue like how there's a weird arcane venue

And I want it to have the extra eyes and mushrooms and a kinda meaty look

And plague primal themed bosses

Also skeletal enemies and mushroom enemies and meaty enemies

Im ok with waiting longer for it to be released after a new image hiding feature so it doesn't have to be the next venue for me
my colors!
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
Yes I want yucky battleground
Yes I want yucky battleground
Looking for Dragons in these colors
Magenta/Magenta/Grapefruit for Aether, Light/Arcane/Lightning
(Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I didn't want to make a new one for the exact same thing.)

Full support. I'd love a coli venue with the "traditional" Plague aesthetic. The gross fleshy bits are already on the map, some site skins/accents, the flight-specific nests and backgrounds, and the Plague primal eyes. I can't see why a coli background and a few enemies would cause issues.

It can even be of the same level as a different venue (just like Kelp Beds, Golem Workshop and Forbidden Portal are all level 25), so it's not necessary for leveling and can be skipped by players who would find it too disgusting to look at. If not level 25 (too close to the Mire?), then 11 or 19, as parallels to the Nature ones!
(Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I didn't want to make a new one for the exact same thing.)

Full support. I'd love a coli venue with the "traditional" Plague aesthetic. The gross fleshy bits are already on the map, some site skins/accents, the flight-specific nests and backgrounds, and the Plague primal eyes. I can't see why a coli background and a few enemies would cause issues.

It can even be of the same level as a different venue (just like Kelp Beds, Golem Workshop and Forbidden Portal are all level 25), so it's not necessary for leveling and can be skipped by players who would find it too disgusting to look at. If not level 25 (too close to the Mire?), then 11 or 19, as parallels to the Nature ones!
There will be something here. Eventually.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8