Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | let scrolling complete breed achieves
1 2 3
[quote name="Corviknight" date="2023-08-03 04:52:31" ] Support. In the meantime, maybe crossroad the dragon to a friend, and get it back in your lair strait after? [/quote] that is exactly how i solved the problem, yes! which, hilariously, also unlocked the achievement for her even though she's had multiple surges since release day (all scrolled) haha [quote name="ArgenteaMoon" date="2023-08-03 04:05:42" ] It seems like a pretty bad choice for scrolls not to count, frankly. Maybe there's something wonky in the scroll code preventing it? But if that was the case, it should be fixed anyway [/quote] after some thought my opinion is that using a breed change scroll is what it should check for to proc the achievement. that way it doesn't have to periodically sweep people's lairs, if that's the issue. it can obviously do that since there are other achievements for using scrolls. [quote name="Almedha" date="2023-08-03 04:39:26" ] Obviously support. If this is the intended behavior, then it's still a bug because the achievement is worded incorrectly. Scrolling a dragon into a Sandsurge is still "acquiring" one. [/quote] technically correct! (the best kind of correct) my proposition is rather than fixing the text to be clearer they just make the scrolls count, still.
Corviknight wrote on 2023-08-03 04:52:31:
Support.

In the meantime, maybe crossroad the dragon to a friend, and get it back in your lair strait after?
that is exactly how i solved the problem, yes! which, hilariously, also unlocked the achievement for her even though she's had multiple surges since release day (all scrolled) haha

ArgenteaMoon wrote on 2023-08-03 04:05:42:
It seems like a pretty bad choice for scrolls not to count, frankly. Maybe there's something wonky in the scroll code preventing it? But if that was the case, it should be fixed anyway
after some thought my opinion is that using a breed change scroll is what it should check for to proc the achievement. that way it doesn't have to periodically sweep people's lairs, if that's the issue. it can obviously do that since there are other achievements for using scrolls.

Almedha wrote on 2023-08-03 04:39:26:
Obviously support.

If this is the intended behavior, then it's still a bug because the achievement is worded incorrectly. Scrolling a dragon into a Sandsurge is still "acquiring" one.
technically correct! (the best kind of correct) my proposition is rather than fixing the text to be clearer they just make the scrolls count, still.
Support. It needs to be changed, or if the staff stand by it working as intended, the phrasing needs to be changed to indicate that if you scroll a dragon breed you haven’t acquired one and don’t actually have one. [emoji=mirror size=1]
Support. It needs to be changed, or if the staff stand by it working as intended, the phrasing needs to be changed to indicate that if you scroll a dragon breed you haven’t acquired one and don’t actually have one.
UwPE0Qp.png
Yeah, this felt weird with the release of Sandsurges. As a gem breed the only way to obtain them at first was with scrolling them. It feels odd that you only get the achievement if you breed them or buy/trade with someone else.
Yeah, this felt weird with the release of Sandsurges. As a gem breed the only way to obtain them at first was with scrolling them. It feels odd that you only get the achievement if you breed them or buy/trade with someone else.
I thought the scroll did count, I suppose it was hatching a nest that gave it to me. Support, it makes more sense for scrolling to count, and it feels kind of bad that it doesn't
I thought the scroll did count, I suppose it was hatching a nest that gave it to me. Support, it makes more sense for scrolling to count, and it feels kind of bad that it doesn't
"Hi my name is Crow with a B and I’ve been afraid of insects my whole lif-" "Stop stop stop- where?" "What?" "Where’s the B? "TherE'S A BEE???"
Pixel Adopts --- Wishlist/Gene tracker
kind of weird that they wouldn't include this in the ways to get the achievement
kind of weird that they wouldn't include this in the ways to get the achievement
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
Yeah, support, I found it kind of annoying that despite getting a pair or surges on day 1, I didn't get the achievement for having one until their nest hatched 5 days later (I decided not to boon it).
Yeah, support, I found it kind of annoying that despite getting a pair or surges on day 1, I didn't get the achievement for having one until their nest hatched 5 days later (I decided not to boon it).
Support. I was personally a bit annoyed that spending 1000G to acquire a Sandsurge via scroll did not count as acquiring them. Either I possess a dragon that is what it says it is, or I do not. It makes no sense for there to be "Sandsurge" and "Sandsurge, but not really."
Support. I was personally a bit annoyed that spending 1000G to acquire a Sandsurge via scroll did not count as acquiring them. Either I possess a dragon that is what it says it is, or I do not. It makes no sense for there to be "Sandsurge" and "Sandsurge, but not really."
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
Still support this. I hate that I have to to do a temp trade with someone else to get the achievement, since I can't get new dragons right now; I can only scroll.

Scrolling is still obtaining the breed, why doesn't it count??
Still support this. I hate that I have to to do a temp trade with someone else to get the achievement, since I can't get new dragons right now; I can only scroll.

Scrolling is still obtaining the breed, why doesn't it count??
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
...are we all collectively sure this isn't a bug? Like, I can see on the update post that Undel says "hatching, CR, or AH" but this has big "potentially not intended behavior" vibes to me.

Also, even if it is intended behavior, 250kt/1kg to cheese an achievement feels less weird than just hot-potato-ing the dragon to a friend and back, being fully honest.
...are we all collectively sure this isn't a bug? Like, I can see on the update post that Undel says "hatching, CR, or AH" but this has big "potentially not intended behavior" vibes to me.

Also, even if it is intended behavior, 250kt/1kg to cheese an achievement feels less weird than just hot-potato-ing the dragon to a friend and back, being fully honest.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

[quote name="Renaiwom" date="2024-04-18 17:13:22" ] ...are we all collectively sure this isn't a bug? Like, I can see on the update post that Undel says "hatching, CR, or AH" but this has big "potentially not intended behavior" vibes to me. Also, even if it is intended behavior, 250kt/1kg to cheese an achievement feels less weird than just hot-potato-ing the dragon to a friend and back, being fully honest. [/quote] i can confirm with 100% certainty that it is not a bug! before i initially wrote this thread (at the time of the sandsurge release) i assumed it WAS and had gone to the Bug Report Forum to post there instead--and was met with a thread where someone else reported it only to be told by staff at that time that the achievement was working as intended. scrolling did not count and that was on purpose. which is how i ended up here instead lol EDIT: i misremembered. staff hadn't directly replied, it was a quote from Undel laying out what qualified for the achievement. scrolling was left out.
Renaiwom wrote on 2024-04-18 17:13:22:

i can confirm with 100% certainty that it is not a bug! before i initially wrote this thread (at the time of the sandsurge release) i assumed it WAS and had gone to the Bug Report Forum to post there instead--and was met with a thread where someone else reported it only to be told by staff at that time that the achievement was working as intended. scrolling did not count and that was on purpose.

which is how i ended up here instead lol

EDIT: i misremembered. staff hadn't directly replied, it was a quote from Undel laying out what qualified for the achievement. scrolling was left out.
1 2 3