Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Previewing Apparel
1 2 3
Hey!

I just think it would be really helpful and less of a fatigue on hands for there to be a random species preview; there is still the drop-down ofc as an OPTION, but it isn't essential just to see how something would appear.

Not only would it save a few seconds clicking around to get an idea of how an item looks but saves the hands, whoo!

Arcanist knows there are enough activities on site that has/borderline too much clicking to navigate or complete daily site activities

Edit: Looks like the general cosensus too is for the site overall to be more mobile-friendly + accessible and this particular suggestion would kick that off, I belive.
Hey!

I just think it would be really helpful and less of a fatigue on hands for there to be a random species preview; there is still the drop-down ofc as an OPTION, but it isn't essential just to see how something would appear.

Not only would it save a few seconds clicking around to get an idea of how an item looks but saves the hands, whoo!

Arcanist knows there are enough activities on site that has/borderline too much clicking to navigate or complete daily site activities

Edit: Looks like the general cosensus too is for the site overall to be more mobile-friendly + accessible and this particular suggestion would kick that off, I belive.
She/Her

plague_banner.png
+ Pinging OK, Chill, I play to enjoy cute, funny Dergs and admire other's creativity.
@Numerologist

Not quite sure what exactly you're suggesting? Could you explain it further, please?
@Numerologist

Not quite sure what exactly you're suggesting? Could you explain it further, please?
qBODy7m.gif
J1KdcMI.png

Writing Shop (WIP)
Like going to the Game Database and looking up a piece of apparel? If you refresh the page you'll see it modeled on a random breed. You can also go there and click on the magnifying glass to get a pop-up that will allow you to choose a specific breed.
Like going to the Game Database and looking up a piece of apparel? If you refresh the page you'll see it modeled on a random breed. You can also go there and click on the magnifying glass to get a pop-up that will allow you to choose a specific breed.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
[quote name="SpiritsoftheSun" date="2023-05-14 10:24:28" ] @Numerologist Not quite sure what exactly you're suggesting? Could you explain it further, please? [/quote] You know how when you click an apparel item, it opens up another prompt to 'select a species/gender' to preview an item on? I'm proposing for it to automatically preview the item on a random species instead of making it a REQUIREMENT to select a species from the drop down just to glance at how it sits on a body. A QOL improvement really. I remember some years back when you clicked an apparel it would at least preview on a male coatl, but it doesn't do that automatically anymore unfortunately.
SpiritsoftheSun wrote on 2023-05-14 10:24:28:
@Numerologist

You know how when you click an apparel item, it opens up another prompt to 'select a species/gender' to preview an item on? I'm proposing for it to automatically preview the item on a random species instead of making it a REQUIREMENT to select a species from the drop down just to glance at how it sits on a body.

A QOL improvement really.

I remember some years back when you clicked an apparel it would at least preview on a male coatl, but it doesn't do that automatically anymore unfortunately.
She/Her

plague_banner.png
+ Pinging OK, Chill, I play to enjoy cute, funny Dergs and admire other's creativity.
Imo this isn't really all that necessary? Unless you're quickly previewing a bunch of apparel, I suppose?

I might be okay with this if the drop down is kept. Having to refresh a million times to see the item on a specific breed is virtually the same if not worse than a couple extra clicks from the drop down.
Imo this isn't really all that necessary? Unless you're quickly previewing a bunch of apparel, I suppose?

I might be okay with this if the drop down is kept. Having to refresh a million times to see the item on a specific breed is virtually the same if not worse than a couple extra clicks from the drop down.
qBODy7m.gif
J1KdcMI.png

Writing Shop (WIP)
no support because there's no reason for it, even as a QoL feature. you're still having to pick the breed yourself if the randomized breed isn't what you're looking for

plus the game database already does that - if you check out apparel/genes it shows it on a random dragon every time you refresh the page
no support because there's no reason for it, even as a QoL feature. you're still having to pick the breed yourself if the randomized breed isn't what you're looking for

plus the game database already does that - if you check out apparel/genes it shows it on a random dragon every time you refresh the page
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
Full support as a mobile user! Its a very minor thing, but I'd love to get rid of that extra two clicks.

As for the game database, going all the way there to look up the name of a new apperal item and then look at the dragon is a lot more clicks and is not at all comparable to wanting a quick check.

Oftentimes when new apperal comes out, I want to see what it looks like. The dragon its on doesnt matter to me. I already click a random dragon just to look at the apperal. So yes, I'd like this addition.

In fact, I'm pretty sure a few years back it used to do that already? I feel like I have memory that it used to default on male Guardian? But maybe I'm misremembering and making that up, lol.
Full support as a mobile user! Its a very minor thing, but I'd love to get rid of that extra two clicks.

As for the game database, going all the way there to look up the name of a new apperal item and then look at the dragon is a lot more clicks and is not at all comparable to wanting a quick check.

Oftentimes when new apperal comes out, I want to see what it looks like. The dragon its on doesnt matter to me. I already click a random dragon just to look at the apperal. So yes, I'd like this addition.

In fact, I'm pretty sure a few years back it used to do that already? I feel like I have memory that it used to default on male Guardian? But maybe I'm misremembering and making that up, lol.
9d21b9f3b3688b826fe1b99c787d3f75d8ae1a82.png
[quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2023-05-14 12:53:13" ] no support because there's no reason for it, even as a QoL feature. you're still having to pick the breed yourself if the randomized breed isn't what you're looking for plus the game database already does that - if you check out apparel/genes it shows it on a random dragon every time you refresh the page [/quote] I support, mainly because I don't see a reason not to add it. When I preview apparel, I tend to do it just to get an idea of how it looks, and I'd much rather be able to click a few times to get that idea than twice every time (and still click the same breeds). If I'm looking for something specific, I'd just use to dropdown, like you said. Also, going to the database just to preview apparel is an unnecessary hassle.
hungryhobbits wrote on 2023-05-14 12:53:13:

I support, mainly because I don't see a reason not to add it. When I preview apparel, I tend to do it just to get an idea of how it looks, and I'd much rather be able to click a few times to get that idea than twice every time (and still click the same breeds). If I'm looking for something specific, I'd just use to dropdown, like you said.

Also, going to the database just to preview apparel is an unnecessary hassle.
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
>> Bean's Showcase, Boutique, and Workshop
[quote name="RobotMothPie" date="2023-05-14 13:36:19" ] Full support as a mobile user! Its a very minor thing, but I'd love to get rid of that extra two clicks. [/quote] I agree that this would be useful for mobile. The first half of my entire time spent on this site was on a really bad phone lol. It was terrible, everything was unnecessarily hard to click and everything loaded so slowly. Drop down menus were the worst, everything had to be fully zoomed in or you'd click the wrong one. I'm glad I play on PC now because it was absolutely unbearable. Anything to make it even slightly better would be great. Plus, this doesn't really affect people that use the drop menu anyway, It would still be there. I don't know, maybe it's not necessary but it doesn't hurt anything we already have.
RobotMothPie wrote on 2023-05-14 13:36:19:
I agree that this would be useful for mobile. The first half of my entire time spent on this site was on a really bad phone lol. It was terrible, everything was unnecessarily hard to click and everything loaded so slowly. Drop down menus were the worst, everything had to be fully zoomed in or you'd click the wrong one. I'm glad I play on PC now because it was absolutely unbearable. Anything to make it even slightly better would be great. Plus, this doesn't really affect people that use the drop menu anyway, It would still be there. I don't know, maybe it's not necessary but it doesn't hurt anything we already have.
3Y3t130.pnglctaZd8.png AvyBrzc.png
[quote]Unless you're quickly previewing a bunch of apparel, I suppose? [/quote] Yes this is what I'm going for; I also didn't say anything about completely removing the drop down, just that it's...'enhanced' is a good way to put it. [quote]plus the game database already does that - if you check out apparel/genes it shows it on a random dragon every time you refresh the page [/quote] Trying to reduce clicks for folks wanting quick preview of items, with no immediate concern for a specific poses. Not...refresh more pages? [quote]Full support as a mobile user! Its a very minor thing, but I'd love to get rid of that extra two clicks.[/quote] [quote]In fact, I'm pretty sure a few years back it used to do that already?[/quote] This was my inspiration for it tbh, it's a pain trying to navigate on mobile and reducing them helps a LOT. And yeah, that wasn't your imagination it was NICE. 'Ppreciate the feedback!
Quote:
Unless you're quickly previewing a bunch of apparel, I suppose?

Yes this is what I'm going for; I also didn't say anything about completely removing the drop down, just that it's...'enhanced' is a good way to put it.

Quote:

Trying to reduce clicks for folks wanting quick preview of items, with no immediate concern for a specific poses. Not...refresh more pages?

Quote:
Quote:
In fact, I'm pretty sure a few years back it used to do that already?
This was my inspiration for it tbh, it's a pain trying to navigate on mobile and reducing them helps a LOT.
And yeah, that wasn't your imagination it was NICE.

'Ppreciate the feedback!

She/Her

plague_banner.png
1 2 3