Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Extend this to profiles and bios?
1 2 3 4 5 6
Definitely support! The feature is already coded, too. They just need to inject it into the dragon bios. I think it's a crucial accessibility feature.
Definitely support! The feature is already coded, too. They just need to inject it into the dragon bios. I think it's a crucial accessibility feature.
..... image.png
-.-
-

FR+10 | She/It | 23

-.-
Tumblr Blog | Skin Shop
--
-.- 01.png
support! it would be very helpful to have
support! it would be very helpful to have
tumblr_inline_pafumapXAW1r16a5d_540.png tumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o8_100.png
Support. I use a large screen, so I don't mind the smaller text in my bios, prefer that it takes up less space, etc. and is actually easier for me to read. But, I would like people who have trouble reading that smaller text to be able to change it with ease. I've always felt bad about using smaller bio text, but the larger text is overwhelming to me, and I'm the one who's going to be reading my bios the most anyways.
Support. I use a large screen, so I don't mind the smaller text in my bios, prefer that it takes up less space, etc. and is actually easier for me to read. But, I would like people who have trouble reading that smaller text to be able to change it with ease. I've always felt bad about using smaller bio text, but the larger text is overwhelming to me, and I'm the one who's going to be reading my bios the most anyways.
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
support. I would like to keep tinnier text in in whatever font in my bios for my own eyes, but if someone else wants to read that, they can do on their own comfort with that toggle
support. I would like to keep tinnier text in in whatever font in my bios for my own eyes, but if someone else wants to read that, they can do on their own comfort with that toggle
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
HARD support!

People with visual problems should be able to read other people's lore and bios as well as everyone else, and a lot of people have "read my bio" in their signature, so it'd be reasonable to have a tool that makes it legible for everyone.

I don't see any issues in adding this to dragon bios or clan profiles, since it works so well in the forums.
HARD support!

People with visual problems should be able to read other people's lore and bios as well as everyone else, and a lot of people have "read my bio" in their signature, so it'd be reasonable to have a tool that makes it legible for everyone.

I don't see any issues in adding this to dragon bios or clan profiles, since it works so well in the forums.
___________ 6346.png mlHpBMC.png
5BsilZ9.png
55xbf1H.png
E3nmoMt.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
pO8B2fr.png 6346.png
WKtl2lb.png[/url][nextcol]
pO8B2fr.png[nextcol]6346.png[/columns]
Support! I tried to make my bio on a tablet screen and didn't realize how tiny it is on desktop. I would like for users to be able to toggle my mistakes :P
Support! I tried to make my bio on a tablet screen and didn't realize how tiny it is on desktop. I would like for users to be able to toggle my mistakes :P
hard support. accessibility should always come before aesthetics - everyone should be able to enjoy the same game without missing out on the bigger features. regardless if someone's profile is "theirs", there should ALWAYS be a feature to toggle text on and off. even as someone with perfectly good vision, there's times where i genuinely cannot read people's bios because of light text colors and people using size 2. having a toggle harms nobody and actually does a lot of good! i think it'd benefit the community as a whole[emoji=new friend size=1]
hard support. accessibility should always come before aesthetics - everyone should be able to enjoy the same game without missing out on the bigger features. regardless if someone's profile is "theirs", there should ALWAYS be a feature to toggle text on and off. even as someone with perfectly good vision, there's times where i genuinely cannot read people's bios because of light text colors and people using size 2.

having a toggle harms nobody and actually does a lot of good! i think it'd benefit the community as a whole
T1f2Sfr.png

they/them ♦ previously rouue
dark academia lover

like quest & hatchery
Support. Biographies are not private. If you want something to be private, either a) don't put it on your bio, or b) block everyone. Everyone is entitled to reading. It's not affecting YOU if someone toggles off your formatting - you wouldn't even know.

My vision is good. However, some people's bios have pastel text on a white background. It's awful. If you think that's pretty - that's great! Maybe I agree. But I don't want to be forced to see it that way. I also want to be able to see what it says.

As for transparent text, since that isn't meant to be seen anyway, perhaps that should stay transparent so as not to confuse people? I don't know, maybe there should be some way to differentiate? Best course of action is probably to have it stay as it is and show.
Support. Biographies are not private. If you want something to be private, either a) don't put it on your bio, or b) block everyone. Everyone is entitled to reading. It's not affecting YOU if someone toggles off your formatting - you wouldn't even know.

My vision is good. However, some people's bios have pastel text on a white background. It's awful. If you think that's pretty - that's great! Maybe I agree. But I don't want to be forced to see it that way. I also want to be able to see what it says.

As for transparent text, since that isn't meant to be seen anyway, perhaps that should stay transparent so as not to confuse people? I don't know, maybe there should be some way to differentiate? Best course of action is probably to have it stay as it is and show.
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
>> Bean's Showcase, Boutique, and Workshop
support! i mostly play on my laptop but i realized when i was on my pc yesterday that my bio is almost illegible to me because of the way times new roman looks on windows (my pc) vs mac (my laptop). i'm currently trying to think of new ways to code my profile so that its more accessible to others, but a button like that would be super helpful- it would enable me to keep my bio as is without having to worry about recoding it (as it is readable to me on my laptop, where i usually play), & for those who couldn't read it, they could just click a button & read it on their own end.

i see no reason not to support this, because there doesn't seem to be an identifiable downside beyond transparent text bbcode possibly breaking, but even then i think most people just use underscores or periods for their transparent text spacing, so i don't think it'd ruin the readability too much.
support! i mostly play on my laptop but i realized when i was on my pc yesterday that my bio is almost illegible to me because of the way times new roman looks on windows (my pc) vs mac (my laptop). i'm currently trying to think of new ways to code my profile so that its more accessible to others, but a button like that would be super helpful- it would enable me to keep my bio as is without having to worry about recoding it (as it is readable to me on my laptop, where i usually play), & for those who couldn't read it, they could just click a button & read it on their own end.

i see no reason not to support this, because there doesn't seem to be an identifiable downside beyond transparent text bbcode possibly breaking, but even then i think most people just use underscores or periods for their transparent text spacing, so i don't think it'd ruin the readability too much.
qKZAaLK.pngngXpEKo.pngjn8ILZm.pngPuVYkR5.pnggARc3IL.pngZMMXkdg.png9Np9Ta9.pngYATsXPK.pngadbcGuX.pngXNJelYo.pngZMMXkdg.png9Np9Ta9.pngFExRmVK.pngWFhlmNb.pnggARc3IL.pngngXpEKo.png9Np9Ta9.pngZMMXkdg.pngwTBPG5s.png
JkaQI9H.png
Support! This doesn't affect a user's bio, and like others have said this is a public site, where you have a public page. Really the only thing this does is make things more accessible to people who might have an easier time reading it that way! Especially because a lot of the fonts are small.
Support! This doesn't affect a user's bio, and like others have said this is a public site, where you have a public page. Really the only thing this does is make things more accessible to people who might have an easier time reading it that way! Especially because a lot of the fonts are small.
3Y3t130.pnglctaZd8.png AvyBrzc.png
1 2 3 4 5 6