Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Tertiary Gene Suggestions
1 2 ... 267 268 269 270 271 ... 277 278
I've been thinking about tertiary genes for a future Light ancient, and an aura is one I've had in mind. My own interpretation of an aura gene would look more like a soft, "heavenly" glow framing the dragon's silhouette (or behind it if that's easier to color), maybe with a wispy sort of effect like in Kirlian photography, or a flaring effect like the sun's corona.

And speaking of corona, another idea I've had in mind for a tert is a halo or something similar, set behind the dragon's head as in Renaissance paintings. I know we have something similar in retired festival apparel, but this would be a gene applicable to ancient breeds (Light, specifically) since they can't wear apparel! We could also have the halo looping around the dragon's head so it looks more three dimensional, and perhaps smaller halos swirling around its arms and tail?

Couple of ideas I'd love to see on a Light ancient, but I'll be happy with anything that releases along with the breed when it comes.
I've been thinking about tertiary genes for a future Light ancient, and an aura is one I've had in mind. My own interpretation of an aura gene would look more like a soft, "heavenly" glow framing the dragon's silhouette (or behind it if that's easier to color), maybe with a wispy sort of effect like in Kirlian photography, or a flaring effect like the sun's corona.

And speaking of corona, another idea I've had in mind for a tert is a halo or something similar, set behind the dragon's head as in Renaissance paintings. I know we have something similar in retired festival apparel, but this would be a gene applicable to ancient breeds (Light, specifically) since they can't wear apparel! We could also have the halo looping around the dragon's head so it looks more three dimensional, and perhaps smaller halos swirling around its arms and tail?

Couple of ideas I'd love to see on a Light ancient, but I'll be happy with anything that releases along with the breed when it comes.
DRAGON SALES | AVATAR | FR + 3
I think it would be real awesome to see on Undertides and Sandsurges (especially, but it would work on other Ancients as well) a gene that is like lionfish fins. All spiny and maybe dual-toned like so. [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6b/Pterois_volitans_Cologne_Zoo_31122014_3.jpg/1024px-Pterois_volitans_Cologne_Zoo_31122014_3.jpg[/img] Kinda like how the Undertide find are right now a little bit. But more.
I think it would be real awesome to see on Undertides and Sandsurges (especially, but it would work on other Ancients as well) a gene that is like lionfish fins. All spiny and maybe dual-toned like so.
1024px-Pterois_volitans_Cologne_Zoo_31122014_3.jpg
Kinda like how the Undertide find are right now a little bit. But more.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I've seen some people want combinations of some Ancient terts (eg. Gaoler Gnarlhorns/Blossom, aether Stinger/Mandibles or Monarch/Flutter). Functionally, I imagine these would just be their own standalone tertiary genes that have the attributes of two seperate tertiaries at once, probably combined at Baldwin's or something.

I would like to clarify I don't mean an open tert mix-match, given that seems like it would be too much to implement, but rather a few predetermined tertiary combos for Ancient species.
I've seen some people want combinations of some Ancient terts (eg. Gaoler Gnarlhorns/Blossom, aether Stinger/Mandibles or Monarch/Flutter). Functionally, I imagine these would just be their own standalone tertiary genes that have the attributes of two seperate tertiaries at once, probably combined at Baldwin's or something.

I would like to clarify I don't mean an open tert mix-match, given that seems like it would be too much to implement, but rather a few predetermined tertiary combos for Ancient species.
KNiDL_Star_Rod_sprite.png 7nrEOpT.png
bYt72YT.png
Zn1clbn.png
9vwqdfK.png
tyEuRXe.png
9R2Unq1.png
CeZAyqc.png
lA1sWNh.png
Collector of gen 1 aethers, imperial enjoyer, old dragon admirer, sprite/nymph adorer
KNiDL_Star_Rod_icon.png
Splatter tertiary gene: Similar to Flecks but with multiple colors focused more towards the dragon's front half (like face, forelimbs, chest) rather than all over the body.

The thought came to me when I was trying to design a painter dragon, which made me wish there was a gene that looked like she'd spilled a bunch of different paints all over herself, but I think it has a lot more potential than just that. It could also work for an alchemist whose concoctions burst open and splashed onto them, particularly with Radioactive. Or (depending on the colors) maybe an enthusiastic food lover with gravy, sauce, or dressing on them cause they're a messy eater.

There are a lot of existing genes that draw out some very vibrant, interesting, and/or unexpected accent hues from otherwise "plain looking" colors, so it seems possible at least. Poison/Toxin, Lionfish/Noxtide, and Flaunt/Flair are some multicolored genes that come to my mind.
Splatter tertiary gene: Similar to Flecks but with multiple colors focused more towards the dragon's front half (like face, forelimbs, chest) rather than all over the body.

The thought came to me when I was trying to design a painter dragon, which made me wish there was a gene that looked like she'd spilled a bunch of different paints all over herself, but I think it has a lot more potential than just that. It could also work for an alchemist whose concoctions burst open and splashed onto them, particularly with Radioactive. Or (depending on the colors) maybe an enthusiastic food lover with gravy, sauce, or dressing on them cause they're a messy eater.

There are a lot of existing genes that draw out some very vibrant, interesting, and/or unexpected accent hues from otherwise "plain looking" colors, so it seems possible at least. Poison/Toxin, Lionfish/Noxtide, and Flaunt/Flair are some multicolored genes that come to my mind.
Soap for more Ancients please ;-;

And Pharaoh/Sarcophagus for Sandsurges!
Soap for more Ancients please ;-;

And Pharaoh/Sarcophagus for Sandsurges!
9650eb7d6ebe493e3d6bdd47099c7c9df0a42bc8.png
A shiny version of Points — similar to how glimmer is a “shiny version” of underbelly.

Bonus Love if the Sparkly Points includes the secondary colours that happen in some genes.

Also, agreeing with Topcoat for Everyone, please!
A shiny version of Points — similar to how glimmer is a “shiny version” of underbelly.

Bonus Love if the Sparkly Points includes the secondary colours that happen in some genes.

Also, agreeing with Topcoat for Everyone, please!
135783.png
92556387.png

Activity | Projects | UMAs
Farming Notes
Pretty Fodder

72964495.png
86867754.png
[quote name="Ooze" date="2023-12-22 12:34:21" ] I've been thinking about tertiary genes for a future Light ancient, and an aura is one I've had in mind. My own interpretation of an aura gene would look more like a soft, "heavenly" glow framing the dragon's silhouette (or behind it if that's easier to color), maybe with a wispy sort of effect like in Kirlian photography, or a flaring effect like the sun's corona. And speaking of corona, another idea I've had in mind for a tert is a halo or something similar, set behind the dragon's head as in Renaissance paintings. I know we have something similar in retired festival apparel, but this would be a gene applicable to ancient breeds (Light, specifically) since they can't wear apparel! We could also have the halo looping around the dragon's head so it looks more three dimensional, and perhaps smaller halos swirling around its arms and tail? Couple of ideas I'd love to see on a Light ancient, but I'll be happy with anything that releases along with the breed when it comes. [/quote] Ooooo I second this!!
Ooze wrote on 2023-12-22 12:34:21:

Ooooo I second this!!
UwUnl7O.png
Ghost for Auraboas. They would look so cool... ;-;

Also Glimmer for Auraboas, Sandsurges, Aethers, and Undertides. It's such a good gene!
Ghost for Auraboas. They would look so cool... ;-;

Also Glimmer for Auraboas, Sandsurges, Aethers, and Undertides. It's such a good gene!
75EgSUa.gif

SirChicken
She/Her
FRT +1
................................................................ VgR98md.png
"Pincushion" as a tertiary gene to help really bring together those Stitched/Patchwork dragons!! [img]https://www.raystitch.co.uk/cdn/shop/products/prym_611321_tomatopincushion_3_1800x.jpg[/img] Have the pins be designed like this so that the heads of the pins can be the tertiary color!! So instead of red liek in the picture they can be 'eldrich', 'pearl' 'magenta' etc. Gembond is already a "3 dimensional" gene that clashes with some outfits. The team can decide where the pins/how many stick out of each dragon species and possible make them short pins so clothes can hide them? Idk but I love stitch/patch but dont feel like kthere are any real good terts that work well with it bc of how busy it is.
"Pincushion" as a tertiary gene to help really bring together those Stitched/Patchwork dragons!!

prym_611321_tomatopincushion_3_1800x.jpg

Have the pins be designed like this so that the heads of the pins can be the tertiary color!!

So instead of red liek in the picture they can be 'eldrich', 'pearl' 'magenta' etc.

Gembond is already a "3 dimensional" gene that clashes with some outfits. The team can decide where the pins/how many stick out of each dragon species and possible make them short pins so clothes can hide them?

Idk but I love stitch/patch but dont feel like kthere are any real good terts that work well with it bc of how busy it is.
Candles, Pandas, Oh My! (A niche little hatchery)
[quote name="Arazamatazza" date="2024-01-04 13:56:43" ] "Pincushion" as a tertiary gene to help really bring together those Stitched/Patchwork dragons!! [img]https://www.raystitch.co.uk/cdn/shop/products/prym_611321_tomatopincushion_3_1800x.jpg[/img] Have the pins be designed like this so that the heads of the pins can be the tertiary color!! So instead of red liek in the picture they can be 'eldrich', 'pearl' 'magenta' etc. Gembond is already a "3 dimensional" gene that clashes with some outfits. The team can decide where the pins/how many stick out of each dragon species and possible make them short pins so clothes can hide them? Idk but I love stitch/patch but dont feel like kthere are any real good terts that work well with it bc of how busy it is. [/quote] If nothing else, it would make an A+ ancient tert! Also, jumping on the theme here, but “stitches” across the whole dragon, that would (ideally) mesh really nicely with the stitched and patchwork genes, but would also look awesome on the other genes, too.
Arazamatazza wrote on 2024-01-04 13:56:43:
"Pincushion" as a tertiary gene to help really bring together those Stitched/Patchwork dragons!!

prym_611321_tomatopincushion_3_1800x.jpg

Have the pins be designed like this so that the heads of the pins can be the tertiary color!!

So instead of red liek in the picture they can be 'eldrich', 'pearl' 'magenta' etc.

Gembond is already a "3 dimensional" gene that clashes with some outfits. The team can decide where the pins/how many stick out of each dragon species and possible make them short pins so clothes can hide them?

Idk but I love stitch/patch but dont feel like kthere are any real good terts that work well with it bc of how busy it is.

If nothing else, it would make an A+ ancient tert!

Also, jumping on the theme here, but “stitches” across the whole dragon, that would (ideally) mesh really nicely with the stitched and patchwork genes, but would also look awesome on the other genes, too.
135783.png
92556387.png

Activity | Projects | UMAs
Farming Notes
Pretty Fodder

72964495.png
86867754.png
1 2 ... 267 268 269 270 271 ... 277 278