Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Scroll of Disownment
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="KitsuneXIII" date="2021-07-23 11:20:29" ] [quote name="AceofWolves" date="2021-07-22 19:46:56" ] [quote name="Sabito" date="2021-07-22 19:09:18" ] no support, what if i dont want my dragon disowned? no offense but its incredibly unecessary and this reads as a way to get around the exalted unnamed discourse everyone gets salty about. like… just name your dragons before u sell them lol [/quote] i did and people STILL spite named them. this would cut all ties and prevent that from happening. [/quote] @AceofWolves If a dragon was renamed out of [i]spite[/i] you need to [i]report[/i] it. However, given that unless you sold the dragon(s) on the forum, there's very little way for the new owner to know who they bought it from (seller might not own the parents) you're going to need to be able to prove that they were renamed to slight you personally. As in, [i]knew[/i] that the dragon came from you [i]and[/i] renaming would upset you and did it for that reason. That said, on topic of this thread: [b]NO SUPPORT[/b], this would just create an absolute nightmare headache for lineage tracking for those who need it, allow people to do things like "Spite Disown", and in the current suggested form isn't reversible, which makes things like "Spite Disowning" more of a problem if someone does something like successfully buy back a dragon that say, disowned its parents, and wants to re-add that dragon to the lineage. [/quote] I did report it and WON. and since then ive been trying to find compromises in the FR world to prevent it again. Another option is to simply being able to turn off the parent/offsping list in YOUR profile so you dont have to see it which seems like the best option. kinda like an account setting thing. but i do like the idea of a scroll too.
KitsuneXIII wrote on 2021-07-23 11:20:29:
AceofWolves wrote on 2021-07-22 19:46:56:
Sabito wrote on 2021-07-22 19:09:18:
no support, what if i dont want my dragon disowned? no offense but its incredibly unecessary and this reads as a way to get around the exalted unnamed discourse everyone gets salty about. like… just name your dragons before u sell them lol

i did and people STILL spite named them. this would cut all ties and prevent that from happening.
@AceofWolves

If a dragon was renamed out of spite you need to report it. However, given that unless you sold the dragon(s) on the forum, there's very little way for the new owner to know who they bought it from (seller might not own the parents) you're going to need to be able to prove that they were renamed to slight you personally. As in, knew that the dragon came from you and renaming would upset you and did it for that reason.

That said, on topic of this thread: NO SUPPORT, this would just create an absolute nightmare headache for lineage tracking for those who need it, allow people to do things like "Spite Disown", and in the current suggested form isn't reversible, which makes things like "Spite Disowning" more of a problem if someone does something like successfully buy back a dragon that say, disowned its parents, and wants to re-add that dragon to the lineage.

I did report it and WON. and since then ive been trying to find compromises in the FR world to prevent it again.

Another option is to simply being able to turn off the parent/offsping list in YOUR profile so you dont have to see it which seems like the best option. kinda like an account setting thing. but i do like the idea of a scroll too.
Please call me Ace. ALWAYS PING IF NOT MY FOURM..it helps me respond easier.
the only way I can see this working is if there was a button on the parent's bio that took you to the disowned children list, and if the parents still displayed on the child's bio with <disowned> next to them. even so, this seems very likely to go wrong somehow. I'm hesitant to say no support entirely, but this just seems like it could have messy consequences.
the only way I can see this working is if there was a button on the parent's bio that took you to the disowned children list, and if the parents still displayed on the child's bio with <disowned> next to them. even so, this seems very likely to go wrong somehow. I'm hesitant to say no support entirely, but this just seems like it could have messy consequences.
–micah
–they/them
–fr +3
gk0Ty8n.png
I could see this working if this thing just replaced the dragons name with the word "disowned" on the list, but the word still linked to the dragon. Otherwise no support, It would make lineage tracking a nightmare. Breeding isn't the only reason to lineage track, some people want to go find very distant relatives for lore reasons.

I could see this working if this thing just replaced the dragons name with the word "disowned" on the list, but the word still linked to the dragon. Otherwise no support, It would make lineage tracking a nightmare. Breeding isn't the only reason to lineage track, some people want to go find very distant relatives for lore reasons.

I will put something here eventually.
No support. This seems like an incredibly over-complicated system, and a lot of the situations this scroll would be used (where you accidentally bred a dragon you didn’t want to breed) could be fixed by having a “cancel nest” button.
No support. This seems like an incredibly over-complicated system, and a lot of the situations this scroll would be used (where you accidentally bred a dragon you didn’t want to breed) could be fixed by having a “cancel nest” button.
rsz-lorwolf-banner.png
[quote]Now you, too, can make your dragons terrible parents![/quote] I have to admit this made me laugh xD I am not sure about the suggestion though because I am not sure what the desired outcome is... if it is to overwrite unnamed exalts and/or overwrite names you just plain don't like, I would hope there would be a way to do it without interfering with offsprings that have been obtained by other people, exalted or otherwise. Perhaps it would only affect the lineage displayed on your dragon and not affect the offspring's lineages and parents at all. Sorry if you expanded on this, I didn't thoroughly read the 5 pages of discussion already here
Quote:
Now you, too, can make your dragons terrible parents!

I have to admit this made me laugh xD
I am not sure about the suggestion though because I am not sure what the desired outcome is... if it is to overwrite unnamed exalts and/or overwrite names you just plain don't like, I would hope there would be a way to do it without interfering with offsprings that have been obtained by other people, exalted or otherwise. Perhaps it would only affect the lineage displayed on your dragon and not affect the offspring's lineages and parents at all. Sorry if you expanded on this, I didn't thoroughly read the 5 pages of discussion already here
I'm not sure how seeing "Disowned" all over your dragon's lineage is objectively less ugly than Unnamed or a repeated fodder name. Like, if we're taking the "ruined lineage lists" as a serious complaint, then it's wider than just one or two upsetting or ugly names. This suggestion as is wouldn't fix every problem reported by the folks who complain about their offspring list, and would create problems in return.
I'm not sure how seeing "Disowned" all over your dragon's lineage is objectively less ugly than Unnamed or a repeated fodder name. Like, if we're taking the "ruined lineage lists" as a serious complaint, then it's wider than just one or two upsetting or ugly names. This suggestion as is wouldn't fix every problem reported by the folks who complain about their offspring list, and would create problems in return.
No support.
It could be a funny idea, but it's confusing and could cause a lot of problems.
I'm no coder but I also feel like this would be pretty difficult for the site programmers.
If you don't want a hatchling you can just sell it or exalt it.
No support.
It could be a funny idea, but it's confusing and could cause a lot of problems.
I'm no coder but I also feel like this would be pretty difficult for the site programmers.
If you don't want a hatchling you can just sell it or exalt it.
BEXx3Jf.gif
I think it would be more helpful if it would just not show the dragon name on the lineage line maybe? like someone else said maybe a separate button that shows all offspring instead. That way the dragon is still related and visible but if it's a bad exalt title or name you don't have to see it constantly.
I think it would be more helpful if it would just not show the dragon name on the lineage line maybe? like someone else said maybe a separate button that shows all offspring instead. That way the dragon is still related and visible but if it's a bad exalt title or name you don't have to see it constantly.
1 2 3 4 5