Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Hybrid dragons?
1 2 3 4
The other thing is, there is no way that FR could only hybridize 'ones that look cute together', because A. Cute is subjective, and B. everyone has their own favorite dragons, and would be upset if their least favorite dragon got hybrids while their favorites didn't.

So it would have to be an all or nothing approach, of all dragons getting hybrids with all other dragons (or at least moderns) or no dragons getting hybrids.
The other thing is, there is no way that FR could only hybridize 'ones that look cute together', because A. Cute is subjective, and B. everyone has their own favorite dragons, and would be upset if their least favorite dragon got hybrids while their favorites didn't.

So it would have to be an all or nothing approach, of all dragons getting hybrids with all other dragons (or at least moderns) or no dragons getting hybrids.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I hadn't even seen OP said only some dragons would have hybrids, aaand yea...that wouldn't work. People would be asking for more, for example, I like mirrors but dislike snappers, I'd be pretty annoyed if the only mirror hybrid I could obtain was a mirror/snapper one.
I hadn't even seen OP said only some dragons would have hybrids, aaand yea...that wouldn't work. People would be asking for more, for example, I like mirrors but dislike snappers, I'd be pretty annoyed if the only mirror hybrid I could obtain was a mirror/snapper one.
DVcXRyP.png
What happens when hybrid breeds? They get mutated/mixmatch more, or they are back to the breed of either mother or father?

The main reason is, like everyone said, the shear amount of artworks that need to be done, from all possible hybrid mix, to fitting every existing and any future apparels on them... There's a reason why we have ancients and this suggestion goes against the very reason we have ancients.
What happens when hybrid breeds? They get mutated/mixmatch more, or they are back to the breed of either mother or father?

The main reason is, like everyone said, the shear amount of artworks that need to be done, from all possible hybrid mix, to fitting every existing and any future apparels on them... There's a reason why we have ancients and this suggestion goes against the very reason we have ancients.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
As much as I want that Mirror-Spiral...no support from me. Ultimately, I'm inclined to push strongly against ANY feature locked behind breeding, and that's not even mentioning the insane amount of artwork that this would involve, even if staff decided to implement these with the same restrictions as Ancients. There's no way to really pick-and-choose which combinations look "cute" together, because everyone's taste is subjective and it really wouldn't be fair. I like the art you included, but I still firmly think this should a remain a thing only in players' individual lore.
As much as I want that Mirror-Spiral...no support from me. Ultimately, I'm inclined to push strongly against ANY feature locked behind breeding, and that's not even mentioning the insane amount of artwork that this would involve, even if staff decided to implement these with the same restrictions as Ancients. There's no way to really pick-and-choose which combinations look "cute" together, because everyone's taste is subjective and it really wouldn't be fair. I like the art you included, but I still firmly think this should a remain a thing only in players' individual lore.
6ntc1cC.jpg
Just limiting this to the 15 modern breeds, the number of hybrid combinations is 105.
I.e. it's effectively asking the developers to add 105 new breeds in one go.

Even if hybrids were limited to no apparel AND NO GENES (which would probably make them unattractive to a number of players) there would still need to be artwork for 315 new poses.

It's a fun idea - but it's just not practical.
Just limiting this to the 15 modern breeds, the number of hybrid combinations is 105.
I.e. it's effectively asking the developers to add 105 new breeds in one go.

Even if hybrids were limited to no apparel AND NO GENES (which would probably make them unattractive to a number of players) there would still need to be artwork for 315 new poses.

It's a fun idea - but it's just not practical.
This is absolutely the finest idea I have ever seen, unfortunately, it's just not feasible in terms of production. There is too much that would have to go into it, and if the hybrids get hybrids then we'd probably never get another new breed ever again.

I am absolutely going to go look up fanart of hybrids though
This is absolutely the finest idea I have ever seen, unfortunately, it's just not feasible in terms of production. There is too much that would have to go into it, and if the hybrids get hybrids then we'd probably never get another new breed ever again.

I am absolutely going to go look up fanart of hybrids though
2c1ea89cf12c136c743f8fd899126ae7b0e4abad.png
Techbilts BBCode Helperupdated for Obelisk, and NOW with compact Breeding card generator!
No support, none of these look that great tbh.
No support, none of these look that great tbh.
[quote name="ProbablySkeletor" date="2021-07-17 16:14:25" ] As much as I want that Mirror-Spiral...no support from me. Ultimately, I'm inclined to push strongly against ANY feature locked behind breeding, and that's not even mentioning the insane amount of artwork that this would involve, even if staff decided to implement these with the same restrictions as Ancients. [b]There's no way to really pick-and-choose which combinations look "cute" together, because everyone's taste is subjective and it really wouldn't be fair. I like the art you included, but I still firmly think this should a remain a thing only in players' individual lore.[/b] [/quote] Just want to reiterate this. Most of those examples would absolutely make me not breed those two dragon breeds together, because most of those hybrids just look 'wrong' to me, (not art wrong, just wrong as in they just aren't 'cute' to me and something about them makes me absolutely not want to have the chance of them popping up in my nests) and I definitely would be upset if one of my long term breeding pairs, or a pair that I had to breed together to get a certain color combo, could have those show up. Again, the idea is a cute idea (and if you want a site with 'hybrids' Khimeros has them) but isn't really feasible with how the site works.
ProbablySkeletor wrote on 2021-07-17 16:14:25:
Just want to reiterate this. Most of those examples would absolutely make me not breed those two dragon breeds together, because most of those hybrids just look 'wrong' to me, (not art wrong, just wrong as in they just aren't 'cute' to me and something about them makes me absolutely not want to have the chance of them popping up in my nests) and I definitely would be upset if one of my long term breeding pairs, or a pair that I had to breed together to get a certain color combo, could have those show up.

Again, the idea is a cute idea (and if you want a site with 'hybrids' Khimeros has them) but isn't really feasible with how the site works.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
hybrid apparel when
hybrid apparel when
ttGfSL1.png
I feel like this would be quite cool but would change up the breeding system and create harder work for the developers. Perhaps it should just stay a lore hting.

I wheezed at the last dragon hybrid image-
I feel like this would be quite cool but would change up the breeding system and create harder work for the developers. Perhaps it should just stay a lore hting.

I wheezed at the last dragon hybrid image-
RAQUESIS
she/her | infj-t | fr+0 | xxx breeder
XXX DRAGONS FOR SALE HERE
1 2 3 4