Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Baldwin's Apprenticeship/Genetic Points
1 2 3 4
@RedWillia
Thats a good point, a person could save up tons of points just to have them do nothing to the RNG. When I wrote this suggestion I was hesitant to suggest that these points would guarantee certain genetic outcomes. In my mind I though of it as a percentage of guarantee that could be altered. Someone could put in enough points to slightly tip the RNG in their favor with no guarantees or they could put in lots of points to get an exact or maybe near 100% guarantee as how the nest plays out.

For example, a person could put some points into # of eggs and a ton of points into primary genes. And one potential outcome would be that the number of eggs was off but all the primary was spot on.

To do this the number of points would have to be completely different for how much a percentage of guarantee a person wanted. Higher percentages up to 100% would naturally be higher, as you suggested, while a person could simply put in the bare minimum and still potentially get the same result with some risk that nothing would be as wanted and the points would be a waste.

When going into the screen that allows a person to edit the likelihood of genes and such of the desired nest, I image sections for all categories of outcomes that a person can add points, few or many, to to alter the likelihoods of those outcomes

From
# of eggs
Primary Gene
Secondary color range
Secondary Gene
Tertiary color range
Tertiary Gene
And potentially eye type

For eggs I image its just a number input, probably just a sliding bar for number desired, along with an input for the number of points for a better percent chance.

Gender could be just a male percent vs female percent and an input for percent of desired guarantee.

For the colors it would show the color bar for the potentially outcomes between the two parent dragons that a box can be applied to that determines desired color ranges. A smaller box requires more points, along with an input for the number of points for desired percent chance of guarantee.

Genes would be pretty simple, just a small list of possible genes between the two parents, it would obviously be small, and an input for the number of points for desired chance of guarantee.

I've heard a lot of people complain about broken eye rarity but I've never really cared all that much. Maybe theres an input for eyes or not.

I'll alter the original post to include this information... thank yall for your contributions.
@RedWillia
Thats a good point, a person could save up tons of points just to have them do nothing to the RNG. When I wrote this suggestion I was hesitant to suggest that these points would guarantee certain genetic outcomes. In my mind I though of it as a percentage of guarantee that could be altered. Someone could put in enough points to slightly tip the RNG in their favor with no guarantees or they could put in lots of points to get an exact or maybe near 100% guarantee as how the nest plays out.

For example, a person could put some points into # of eggs and a ton of points into primary genes. And one potential outcome would be that the number of eggs was off but all the primary was spot on.

To do this the number of points would have to be completely different for how much a percentage of guarantee a person wanted. Higher percentages up to 100% would naturally be higher, as you suggested, while a person could simply put in the bare minimum and still potentially get the same result with some risk that nothing would be as wanted and the points would be a waste.

When going into the screen that allows a person to edit the likelihood of genes and such of the desired nest, I image sections for all categories of outcomes that a person can add points, few or many, to to alter the likelihoods of those outcomes

From
# of eggs
Primary Gene
Secondary color range
Secondary Gene
Tertiary color range
Tertiary Gene
And potentially eye type

For eggs I image its just a number input, probably just a sliding bar for number desired, along with an input for the number of points for a better percent chance.

Gender could be just a male percent vs female percent and an input for percent of desired guarantee.

For the colors it would show the color bar for the potentially outcomes between the two parent dragons that a box can be applied to that determines desired color ranges. A smaller box requires more points, along with an input for the number of points for desired percent chance of guarantee.

Genes would be pretty simple, just a small list of possible genes between the two parents, it would obviously be small, and an input for the number of points for desired chance of guarantee.

I've heard a lot of people complain about broken eye rarity but I've never really cared all that much. Maybe theres an input for eyes or not.

I'll alter the original post to include this information... thank yall for your contributions.
............... 29169624.png ........... 29169625.png ........... 42368851.png ...........
Support! This would be great for my latest plan, which can be very based on breeding on occasion.
Support! This would be great for my latest plan, which can be very based on breeding on occasion.
tumblr_inline_n6kdupObsO1qlye38.giffr__plague_by_baelfin-d8uyn7k.pngAny/All fr__plague_mini_by_baelfin-daqljzd.png Pronounsfr__plague_by_baelfin-d8uyn7k.pngtumblr_inline_n6kdupObsO1qlye38.gif
If it's dragon picking, don't forget to check the hibden
I would like to say that I'd actually like this as a safe but not easy way to get other flight colors (and I suppose in the process, types of same) for your dragons' eyes. Flight changes are hideously expensive and far too lengthy a wait for that, and nest rental isn't a supported transaction, so there's no way for someone who just needs Plague eyes for this one project to safely get them if they're in literally any other flight. If their dragons get stolen or sold or exalted, they're up the creek without a paddle. That's not right. A genetic points thing like this would fix that.
I would like to say that I'd actually like this as a safe but not easy way to get other flight colors (and I suppose in the process, types of same) for your dragons' eyes. Flight changes are hideously expensive and far too lengthy a wait for that, and nest rental isn't a supported transaction, so there's no way for someone who just needs Plague eyes for this one project to safely get them if they're in literally any other flight. If their dragons get stolen or sold or exalted, they're up the creek without a paddle. That's not right. A genetic points thing like this would fix that.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
Can't say I'm too interested in such a proposed feature if the rewards are solely linked to altering breeding results. I don't breed dragons and I don't keep bred dragons (I'm a G1-monolair) so this, while an interesting suggestion, unfortunately has little appeal to me.

I will comment that I've always felt that the ability to manipulate egg amounts to a chosen number (especially 5 egg nests) is a bit too powerful (more eggs = more exalt money) and that egg #s should remain decided entirely by RNG. What I do support, however, is a mechanic that allows us to discard eggs. Please FR, give us a way to discard unwanted eggs/nests!

Maybe if we could save up these points for scrolls, vials, or other dragon-customization items that I can use on my existing 100+ dragons, I would be able to get some use out of it. The rewards would have a broader appeal. Otherwise, I would probably never touch it.
Can't say I'm too interested in such a proposed feature if the rewards are solely linked to altering breeding results. I don't breed dragons and I don't keep bred dragons (I'm a G1-monolair) so this, while an interesting suggestion, unfortunately has little appeal to me.

I will comment that I've always felt that the ability to manipulate egg amounts to a chosen number (especially 5 egg nests) is a bit too powerful (more eggs = more exalt money) and that egg #s should remain decided entirely by RNG. What I do support, however, is a mechanic that allows us to discard eggs. Please FR, give us a way to discard unwanted eggs/nests!

Maybe if we could save up these points for scrolls, vials, or other dragon-customization items that I can use on my existing 100+ dragons, I would be able to get some use out of it. The rewards would have a broader appeal. Otherwise, I would probably never touch it.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
I like this as a way to alter the chance to get a special eye type! Support from me :)
I like this as a way to alter the chance to get a special eye type! Support from me :)
I like the idea of skewing the odds here. I’m not a big fan of any system that would guarantee a specific breeding result, but upping the chances of a rare gene from, say, 20% to 25%? Oh yes.

Actually, I take it back: if you wanted to skew the likelihood of a ‘negative’ effect, I wouldn’t mind hundred percent guarantees. I’ve got a lore pair that, in my lore, has two children (so far). I don’t want to actually breed them though, because I don’t have any guarantee of getting two and only two. But that’s my own personal desire.

I think this would be very economically beneficial as a treasure sink too. I’m for it!
I like the idea of skewing the odds here. I’m not a big fan of any system that would guarantee a specific breeding result, but upping the chances of a rare gene from, say, 20% to 25%? Oh yes.

Actually, I take it back: if you wanted to skew the likelihood of a ‘negative’ effect, I wouldn’t mind hundred percent guarantees. I’ve got a lore pair that, in my lore, has two children (so far). I don’t want to actually breed them though, because I don’t have any guarantee of getting two and only two. But that’s my own personal desire.

I think this would be very economically beneficial as a treasure sink too. I’m for it!
mkpoaHZ.png
support! i think this would be a really interesting and fun feature to spice up breeding and give us another way of removing dragons from the game besides exalting. i would really appreciate a method to higher my chances or even guarantee my chance of getting X in my nests, even if have to send off quite a few dragons for it.
support! i think this would be a really interesting and fun feature to spice up breeding and give us another way of removing dragons from the game besides exalting. i would really appreciate a method to higher my chances or even guarantee my chance of getting X in my nests, even if have to send off quite a few dragons for it.
z6T37Eh.png
DaaGADQ.png
bgYKZct.png
bYt72YT.png
rUoKR6y.png
-
Ouro : 24 : They/Xey/She
Lightning Dom Coordinator
I love pings! I don't bite~
- reactorfour_kalashnikov.pngreactorfour_ted2.png
Complete overhaul of the structuring of my suggestion.
Complete overhaul of the structuring of my suggestion.
............... 29169624.png ........... 29169625.png ........... 42368851.png ...........
Support!
From the way the suggestion is currently, it seems like you can spend points directly on altering a nest when you select your breeding pair. While this would definitely make things like altering color results more easily fine-tuneable, it does mean someone who doesn't breed dragons frequently doesn't have much of a reason to use this feature. I'd suggest that, in addition, points could be spent on actual items, such as vials, scrolls or boons, or perhaps alchemy-themed apparel and familiars? (possibly recolors of already available baldwin items -- similar to gem market variants of treasure market items) This would make the feature a bit more appealing to non-breeders
Support!
From the way the suggestion is currently, it seems like you can spend points directly on altering a nest when you select your breeding pair. While this would definitely make things like altering color results more easily fine-tuneable, it does mean someone who doesn't breed dragons frequently doesn't have much of a reason to use this feature. I'd suggest that, in addition, points could be spent on actual items, such as vials, scrolls or boons, or perhaps alchemy-themed apparel and familiars? (possibly recolors of already available baldwin items -- similar to gem market variants of treasure market items) This would make the feature a bit more appealing to non-breeders
tumblr_ojt1mcNhC71rc2695o1_400.pngbonsai_wip_tadabam_by_auricolor-dadxgzt.png
@tambadabm

A part of my intention would be the stockpiling of Genetic Points. Essentially, even those who aren't all that into breeding could still have a use for it. If they don't particularly care for the dragons they have, or don't like training in the coliseum, the amount they save up can become proportional to ability to alter.

In other words you don't have to love breeding to feel like you get your use out of Genetic Points. Send your dragon to apprentice every once and a while instead of exalting, and the next time you actually do want to breed two dragons, it can be the exact dragon(s) you want.

Having more of a use for breeding actually has less effect per nest.

Though I am interested in touching on the idea of items. It was actually the very first idea I had for these points. Saving them up and spending them on gene scrolls or breed change scrolls.

Unfortunately this brought me to the disappointing realization that these are both things that can be purchased with both treasure and gems, the currency received from exalting.

We've essentially invented, not a new form of removing dragons from the game and providing new and specialized rewards, but invented a new version of exalting. One that is essentially has more obvious benefits and is easy to stockpile while also not requiring the use of training.

This brought me to the thought, "What if we could do something new? Maybe they could be traded for some new exclusive scroll that can only be gained from genetic points?"

What I eventually came up with was a scroll that could maximize nest size. It was an idea that I really liked. It was something that couldn't be controlled in any other way in the game. Which I, of course, wanted to take further, and began to fully develop a way to have a better hold over breeding.
@tambadabm

A part of my intention would be the stockpiling of Genetic Points. Essentially, even those who aren't all that into breeding could still have a use for it. If they don't particularly care for the dragons they have, or don't like training in the coliseum, the amount they save up can become proportional to ability to alter.

In other words you don't have to love breeding to feel like you get your use out of Genetic Points. Send your dragon to apprentice every once and a while instead of exalting, and the next time you actually do want to breed two dragons, it can be the exact dragon(s) you want.

Having more of a use for breeding actually has less effect per nest.

Though I am interested in touching on the idea of items. It was actually the very first idea I had for these points. Saving them up and spending them on gene scrolls or breed change scrolls.

Unfortunately this brought me to the disappointing realization that these are both things that can be purchased with both treasure and gems, the currency received from exalting.

We've essentially invented, not a new form of removing dragons from the game and providing new and specialized rewards, but invented a new version of exalting. One that is essentially has more obvious benefits and is easy to stockpile while also not requiring the use of training.

This brought me to the thought, "What if we could do something new? Maybe they could be traded for some new exclusive scroll that can only be gained from genetic points?"

What I eventually came up with was a scroll that could maximize nest size. It was an idea that I really liked. It was something that couldn't be controlled in any other way in the game. Which I, of course, wanted to take further, and began to fully develop a way to have a better hold over breeding.
1 2 3 4