Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | The Blossom Issue (Yeah I'm going there)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
So.................................... Blossom. The Gaoler Gene. It's kind of in a funny place on the market right now isn't it. And by funny I mean, Oh Dear God, What's Going On, Why Is This So Expensive [img]https://i.gyazo.com/227bc608c100e43b32c5e5b52389154b.png[/img] (Screenshot taken 9/2/19) I. Personally think. Something should be done, to help lower the AH prices for it or the items required to obtain it. I have a few suggestions, but some people reading this are probably thinking, "Well the demand is high and it's difficult to get, so naturally through Dragon Capitalism, it's going to be outrageously expensive." And you're totally right. This game is just Dragon Capitalism at it's core. And that's fine I Guess, it's a game. However... It's... not fun when certain items become nearly unobtainable. Y'know. Like yeah, there's retired items n such on this website that's are also 'nearly unobtainable' but................... they're retired. They were special holiday items. Blossom, isn't either retired nor relatively Special or limited. And one copy of the gene still costs more than most of the apparel from the FIRST holidays on this site. [img]https://i.gyazo.com/c27bb8f7f15c83eb87d02dd8e0eec29d.png[/img] [img]https://i.gyazo.com/6897ac390eb24c5c94a3cece31abe0ff.png[/img] [img]https://i.gyazo.com/1d77811ea574a97cc8b182429a44cd81.png[/img] [img]https://i.gyazo.com/268aff5408cfbe4a3471e20fe9c56c09.png[/img] [img]https://i.gyazo.com/28477a79ce5c6f043774d94fb5e10921.png[/img] There's more but I feel like this is enough for my point. One Gaoler Gene, an item that gets used up, is worth more currently than items that have been retired for more than 5-6 YEARS It's just... A little ridiculous. And I know that Capitalism in general is meant to be uncaring and cruel, but like... it's a game. We're all here to have Fun. And feeling like it's going to take me months, possibly a year or more, to get One Gene, while the other 'expensive' genes costs a mere 10th of this. Sucks. It sucks. I look at the Blossom prices and I feel stressed, because I'd really like one. Also to put it in perspective, this gene costs ~$50-60 USD. I could buy a new AAA video game with that money. I could go take my best friend out to Good sushi with that money. I could go on a Bath and Body Works Spending Spree and buy like 5 new lotions and 3 new fragrances and a Candle that I'll end up absolutely regretting later, with that money. Anyways, time to actually make some suggestions. [b]SUGGESTION ONE:[/b] An alternative Swipp Recipe? There's a ton of Flower.. y... items and things people collect on this site that could be an Alternative recipe. Sure that recipe would also be pretty expensive, but it would definitely drive prices down, and make it slightly more obtainable. [b]SUGGESTION TWO:[/b] Maybe a Venue Drop in Coli? Like maybe similar to Phantom and Spirit, have it drop. But maybe to keep it still Kind Of Rare, keep it to a certain venue. Like the BLOOMING grove, or the Rainsong Jungle. [b]SUGGESTION THREE:[/b] Maybe. Increase the drop rate on the Mums (the hardest part of the recipe to obtain) This one is kind of a stretch but. It is a viable option. Mums are a fairly low RNG item to obtain right now. Slightly increasing their drop rate would decrease the high prices for them. [b]IMPROBABLE SUGGESTION, PROBABLY NOT A GREAT IDEA REALLY, BUT I FELT LIKE I NEEDED ONE MORE IDEA:[/b] Galore................ Gaoler............................... Galore...... Gaoler...................... Let Galore give us all One (1) clan bound(?) copy of the gene. Anyways that's all I have to say I think. Idk how to end this. I know this idea might not be the most popular (especially to the people... who are selling the genes..) HOWEVER, please think it through if you're going to write about how you disagree. Like yeah I want a copy of the gene for my own needs, but, even if I didn't I'd probably still write out this post. So many of my pals are struggling to get one. And a lot more people on this site are struggling. And for an item that's not retired, nor 'Special' (holiday/celebration wise. I know it's in the 'Specialty' tab), it just. Feels like a bit much in it's current state.
So.................................... Blossom. The Gaoler Gene. It's kind of in a funny place on the market right now isn't it.

And by funny I mean, Oh Dear God, What's Going On, Why Is This So Expensive

227bc608c100e43b32c5e5b52389154b.png
(Screenshot taken 9/2/19)

I. Personally think. Something should be done, to help lower the AH prices for it or the items required to obtain it.

I have a few suggestions, but some people reading this are probably thinking, "Well the demand is high and it's difficult to get, so naturally through Dragon Capitalism, it's going to be outrageously expensive."

And you're totally right. This game is just Dragon Capitalism at it's core. And that's fine I Guess, it's a game. However... It's... not fun when certain items become nearly unobtainable. Y'know.

Like yeah, there's retired items n such on this website that's are also 'nearly unobtainable' but................... they're retired. They were special holiday items.

Blossom, isn't either retired nor relatively Special or limited.

And one copy of the gene still costs more than most of the apparel from the FIRST holidays on this site.

c27bb8f7f15c83eb87d02dd8e0eec29d.png
6897ac390eb24c5c94a3cece31abe0ff.png
1d77811ea574a97cc8b182429a44cd81.png
268aff5408cfbe4a3471e20fe9c56c09.png
28477a79ce5c6f043774d94fb5e10921.png

There's more but I feel like this is enough for my point.
One Gaoler Gene, an item that gets used up, is worth more currently than items that have been retired for more than 5-6 YEARS

It's just... A little ridiculous. And I know that Capitalism in general is meant to be uncaring and cruel, but like... it's a game. We're all here to have Fun. And feeling like it's going to take me months, possibly a year or more, to get One Gene, while the other 'expensive' genes costs a mere 10th of this. Sucks. It sucks. I look at the Blossom prices and I feel stressed, because I'd really like one.

Also to put it in perspective, this gene costs ~$50-60 USD. I could buy a new AAA video game with that money. I could go take my best friend out to Good sushi with that money. I could go on a Bath and Body Works Spending Spree and buy like 5 new lotions and 3 new fragrances and a Candle that I'll end up absolutely regretting later, with that money.

Anyways, time to actually make some suggestions.

SUGGESTION ONE:
An alternative Swipp Recipe?
There's a ton of Flower.. y... items and things people collect on this site that could be an Alternative recipe. Sure that recipe would also be pretty expensive, but it would definitely drive prices down, and make it slightly more obtainable.

SUGGESTION TWO:
Maybe a Venue Drop in Coli?
Like maybe similar to Phantom and Spirit, have it drop. But maybe to keep it still Kind Of Rare, keep it to a certain venue. Like the BLOOMING grove, or the Rainsong Jungle.

SUGGESTION THREE:
Maybe. Increase the drop rate on the Mums (the hardest part of the recipe to obtain)
This one is kind of a stretch but. It is a viable option. Mums are a fairly low RNG item to obtain right now. Slightly increasing their drop rate would decrease the high prices for them.

IMPROBABLE SUGGESTION, PROBABLY NOT A GREAT IDEA REALLY, BUT I FELT LIKE I NEEDED ONE MORE IDEA:
Galore................ Gaoler............................... Galore...... Gaoler......................
Let Galore give us all One (1) clan bound(?) copy of the gene.

Anyways that's all I have to say I think. Idk how to end this. I know this idea might not be the most popular (especially to the people... who are selling the genes..) HOWEVER, please think it through if you're going to write about how you disagree. Like yeah I want a copy of the gene for my own needs, but, even if I didn't I'd probably still write out this post. So many of my pals are struggling to get one. And a lot more people on this site are struggling. And for an item that's not retired, nor 'Special' (holiday/celebration wise. I know it's in the 'Specialty' tab), it just. Feels like a bit much in it's current state.
aaaaaaa 2iRFIjf.png
IpfqSZl.png
C6uVV3r.png rcPCtfe.png
qZrjH79.png
Yes please! My initial thought was 'uhh no' because Capitalism and I know people don't want things "handed to everyone" or made easy, but.. I've gotten 8 mums from foraging in Fire every day for months (besides nonfire holidays!). At least one of these suggestions would be really nice to add.

I think I'm leaning towards Suggestion Two or Three because (1) having it a drop like Phantom/Spirit keeps it rare but also gives players the ability to earn more mums through time in the coli; (2) slightly increassing the drop rate in foraging would make me cry happy tears. Eight. Mums. In. Months. MONTHS! Just so everyone remembers, we need twenty mums. For a single blossom. That means if you want to guarantee your breeding pair has blossom babies, you either need to find the right gaolers in the AH, spend a long time foraging, or spend A LOT of gems. My gaoler that I want to have blossom is a gen 1, so I have to forage/spend gems that I do not have.
Yes please! My initial thought was 'uhh no' because Capitalism and I know people don't want things "handed to everyone" or made easy, but.. I've gotten 8 mums from foraging in Fire every day for months (besides nonfire holidays!). At least one of these suggestions would be really nice to add.

I think I'm leaning towards Suggestion Two or Three because (1) having it a drop like Phantom/Spirit keeps it rare but also gives players the ability to earn more mums through time in the coli; (2) slightly increassing the drop rate in foraging would make me cry happy tears. Eight. Mums. In. Months. MONTHS! Just so everyone remembers, we need twenty mums. For a single blossom. That means if you want to guarantee your breeding pair has blossom babies, you either need to find the right gaolers in the AH, spend a long time foraging, or spend A LOT of gems. My gaoler that I want to have blossom is a gen 1, so I have to forage/spend gems that I do not have.
tumblr_otwl7n9w6Z1vrqprjo1_400.pngtumblr_otwl7n9w6Z1vrqprjo2_400.png
no support for changing amounts/adding to coli/adding an alternate recipe.

looks at my records, I've probably gathered enough mums for a whole blossom gene by now. Granted all I have been doing since mum release was foraging for mums (but it also helped my endless crimson jadevine foraging).

I don't scavenge for eggs and mums are a pleasant way to make money on the level of finding an egg. (the only other egg-sized gathering items are like dragonflies/giant darners for epitites which sit around 75g each. (tho it's been so long since i have bug caught for them the prices might be higher now)).
skinks are down to 20g each last I checked and they are dragonfly rare tier? you need things worth gathering in all professions so people don't only scavenge.

I had 6 mums gathered pre release due to luck and the aforementioned crimson jadevine gathering. (that I turned into an ivw prize when combined with donated mums from flight mates).

and outside of that I've sold 2+2+2+2+3 for cash. (ok, that's 17 but if you notice most of my sales were in clumps of 2 that's bc they drop 2 at a time so like given a week or two more I'd have 20).

fwiw you'd almost always get a cheaper gene by buying the mats and trading it in with swipp than buying the completed gene (the last pair of mums I sold were down around 200g each). or you can gather 80 percent of mums and then buy the last 4.

while 200g each sounds like a lot that's 3 days of fairgrounds maxing.

looks at my records, I've probably gathered enough mums for a whole blossom gene by now. Granted all I have been doing since mum release was foraging for mums (but it also helped my endless crimson jadevine foraging).

I don't scavenge for eggs and mums are a pleasant way to make money on the level of finding an egg. (the only other egg-sized gathering items are like dragonflies/giant darners for epitites which sit around 75g each. (tho it's been so long since i have bug caught for them the prices might be higher now)).
skinks are down to 20g each last I checked and they are dragonfly rare tier? you need things worth gathering in all professions so people don't only scavenge.

I had 6 mums gathered pre release due to luck and the aforementioned crimson jadevine gathering. (that I turned into an ivw prize when combined with donated mums from flight mates).

and outside of that I've sold 2+2+2+2+3 for cash. (ok, that's 17 but if you notice most of my sales were in clumps of 2 that's bc they drop 2 at a time so like given a week or two more I'd have 20).

fwiw you'd almost always get a cheaper gene by buying the mats and trading it in with swipp than buying the completed gene (the last pair of mums I sold were down around 200g each). or you can gather 80 percent of mums and then buy the last 4.

[quote name="jbapple" date="2019-09-02 05:52:51" ] no support for changing amounts/adding to coli/adding an alternate recipe. looks at my records, I've probably gathered enough mums for a whole blossom gene by now. Granted all I have been doing since mum release was foraging for mums (but it also helped my endless crimson jadevine foraging). I don't scavenge for eggs and mums are a pleasant way to make money on the level of finding an egg. (the only other egg-sized gathering items are like dragonflies/giant darners for epitites which sit around 75g each. (tho it's been so long since i have bug caught for them the prices might be higher now)). skinks are down to 20g each last I checked and they are dragonfly rare tier? you need things worth gathering in all professions so people don't only scavenge. I had 6 mums gathered pre release due to luck and the aforementioned crimson jadevine gathering. (that I turned into an ivw prize when combined with donated mums from flight mates). and outside of that I've sold 2+2+2+2+3 for cash. (ok, that's 17 but if you notice most of my sales were in clumps of 2 that's bc they drop 2 at a time so like given a week or two more I'd have 20). fwiw you'd almost always get a cheaper gene by buying the mats and trading it in with swipp than buying the completed gene (the last pair of mums I sold were down around 200g each). or you can gather 80 percent of mums and then buy the last 4. while 200g each sounds like a lot that's 3 days of fairgrounds maxing. [/quote] @jbapple So it doesn't bother you that it takes months to get this one gene, which others cost 1/10th it's current price? How is that normal? And three days fairgrounds for one mum seems... Excessive. Like really put it into perspective. Doing a fairgrounds to Blossom gene would take you. 3 days x 20 mums. 2 months. Two months of fairgrounds. Roughly 5.4 million treasure. For one. One. Consumable item. That really seems fair and Consistent to you? Edit for clarification: consistent meaning, it's consistent with other related items of it's type. Aka. how all the other expensive genes are ~500-600g vs. 5000g Edit2: Forgot to mention. Most people are also using their money, fairgrounds or not, for other things. Apparel. Other genes for other dragons. Accents and Skins. New dragons. Familiars. Etc etc. Like I get that's the Point of Saving Up. But it'll still take about two months. For a gene. Assuming you don't buy literally anything else. And before you think "there's other ways to get money" you're right, but not everyone has the time or ability to dedicate their lives to this game for any more than an hour or two each day.
jbapple wrote on 2019-09-02 05:52:51:

@jbapple

So it doesn't bother you that it takes months to get this one gene, which others cost 1/10th it's current price?

How is that normal? And three days fairgrounds for one mum seems... Excessive. Like really put it into perspective.

Doing a fairgrounds to Blossom gene would take you. 3 days x 20 mums. 2 months. Two months of fairgrounds. Roughly 5.4 million treasure. For one. One. Consumable item.

That really seems fair and Consistent to you?

Edit for clarification: consistent meaning, it's consistent with other related items of it's type. Aka. how all the other expensive genes are ~500-600g vs. 5000g

Edit2: Forgot to mention. Most people are also using their money, fairgrounds or not, for other things. Apparel. Other genes for other dragons. Accents and Skins. New dragons. Familiars. Etc etc.

Like I get that's the Point of Saving Up. But it'll still take about two months. For a gene. Assuming you don't buy literally anything else.

And before you think "there's other ways to get money" you're right, but not everyone has the time or ability to dedicate their lives to this game for any more than an hour or two each day.
aaaaaaa 2iRFIjf.png
IpfqSZl.png
C6uVV3r.png rcPCtfe.png
qZrjH79.png
support for this!!
support for this!!
I am not Jbapple

but, no it doesn't bother me. The gene isn't retired, swipp will always have a chance to offer it, and if you don't need it on a particular dragon you can buy the hatchlings.

It also doesn't matter what the other gene prices are. FR needs a range of prices for their genes and breed changes, and this includes extremely expensive ones (I also want more cheaper ones as well).

Getting genes are goals, and for most genes, it takes a couple of weeks at most, for the dedicated player to obtain. However, games also need longer term goals, and this means that there needs to be some genes that aren't readily available after a couple of weeks of grinding (in whatever venue or mechanic).

Also, I think that blossom being expensive, even now after its release, is actually good, because it means that other items can be brought out the same way, and it won't crash the economy (I am personally hoping for things like natural eye vials), because those items will be rare and hard to obtain.

Also, if you don't have time to dedicate to obtain the required ingredients (whether through buying, finding them yourself, or whatever) then you can't expect to get the same things out of a game that players who DO have the time or dedication will get. AT least with FR, you can still obtain blossom, it will just take you longer than players who can make money more easily.
I am not Jbapple

but, no it doesn't bother me. The gene isn't retired, swipp will always have a chance to offer it, and if you don't need it on a particular dragon you can buy the hatchlings.

It also doesn't matter what the other gene prices are. FR needs a range of prices for their genes and breed changes, and this includes extremely expensive ones (I also want more cheaper ones as well).

Getting genes are goals, and for most genes, it takes a couple of weeks at most, for the dedicated player to obtain. However, games also need longer term goals, and this means that there needs to be some genes that aren't readily available after a couple of weeks of grinding (in whatever venue or mechanic).

Also, I think that blossom being expensive, even now after its release, is actually good, because it means that other items can be brought out the same way, and it won't crash the economy (I am personally hoping for things like natural eye vials), because those items will be rare and hard to obtain.

Also, if you don't have time to dedicate to obtain the required ingredients (whether through buying, finding them yourself, or whatever) then you can't expect to get the same things out of a game that players who DO have the time or dedication will get. AT least with FR, you can still obtain blossom, it will just take you longer than players who can make money more easily.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I mean, I obviously don't want the gene and prefer the money so I sell mums.

People who want any gene/new item close to release are going to pay more than the price will settle to over time. If you want the gene for like a breeding pair for hatchery, it's almost always cheaper to buy an already gened kiddo and base the pair around that (vs geneing from scratch).

If you are patient and gather the mums you can get the gene for free (or 2000t, I guess if it's the bottom most swipp person). If you choose to need the gene now so you can sell babies at 500g then like you have to see it as an investment to make (and repay your investment with baby profits). If you wait for the gene, the babies would sell for less but you would have spent less? It's a tossup.

I mean if you are geneing a gen one, that is already going to cost you money but shrug.

Making gathering a profitable way of making money helps people who can only play 30 minutes a day. (it also helps people who play for longer than that too). Because prior to this the only profitable gathering areas were egg scavenging/bug catching and hunting. (where I define profitable as if you scavenge in right area you can get drops that sell for >10g each).

Adding a foraging gathering profitable thing makes more money for the people who play v limited time/can't coli etc.

Adding it to coli doesn't help accessibilty of the thing. (at least in terms of getting it in hands of people who play limited times).

People who want any gene/new item close to release are going to pay more than the price will settle to over time. If you want the gene for like a breeding pair for hatchery, it's almost always cheaper to buy an already gened kiddo and base the pair around that (vs geneing from scratch).

If you are patient and gather the mums you can get the gene for free (or 2000t, I guess if it's the bottom most swipp person). If you choose to need the gene now so you can sell babies at 500g then like you have to see it as an investment to make (and repay your investment with baby profits). If you wait for the gene, the babies would sell for less but you would have spent less? It's a tossup.

I mean if you are geneing a gen one, that is already going to cost you money but shrug.

Making gathering a profitable way of making money helps people who can only play 30 minutes a day. (it also helps people who play for longer than that too). Because prior to this the only profitable gathering areas were egg scavenging/bug catching and hunting. (where I define profitable as if you scavenge in right area you can get drops that sell for >10g each).

Adding a foraging gathering profitable thing makes more money for the people who play v limited time/can't coli etc.

Adding it to coli doesn't help accessibilty of the thing. (at least in terms of getting it in hands of people who play limited times).
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2019-09-02 06:27:56" ] I am not Jbapple but, no it doesn't bother me. The gene isn't retired, swipp will always have a chance to offer it, and if you don't need it on a particular dragon you can buy the hatchlings. It also doesn't matter what the other gene prices are. FR needs a range of prices for their genes and breed changes, and this includes extremely expensive ones (I also want more cheaper ones as well). Getting genes are goals, and for most genes, it takes a couple of weeks at most, for the dedicated player to obtain. However, games also need longer term goals, and this means that there needs to be some genes that aren't readily available after a couple of weeks of grinding (in whatever venue or mechanic). Also, I think that blossom being expensive, even now after its release, is actually good, because it means that other items can be brought out the same way, and it won't crash the economy (I am personally hoping for things like natural eye vials), because those items will be rare and hard to obtain. Also, if you don't have time to dedicate to obtain the required ingredients (whether through buying, finding them yourself, or whatever) then you can't expect to get the same things out of a game that players who DO have the time or dedication will get. AT least with FR, you can still obtain blossom, it will just take you longer than players who can make money more easily. [/quote] @Jemadar You're right about hatchlings, but I'm personally someone who enjoys making their own pairs for breeding. I ha"e a hatchery and a good chunk of my money goes into making pairs. Yes I could potentially make money off of the babies, but If I had a pair with both blossom, I'd have spent ~12kg on one pair, and let's face it, people dont usually buy expensive babies. It'd probably take me years to get back the money I spent on the parents. You're right about a range of prices. But $50-60? $50. $50. For one item. That is consumable. And has been around for months. $50. $50 USD. You're next point I only half agree on. You're right about goals. But a $50 goal on a consumable item that'll take months to get? That's a lot of time and work. It usually takes me personally about a month or two to get a gem gene for a non ancient dragon because I, like other people, also spend money on other things. Apparel. Items. Familiars. Other genes. Breedchanges. Etc. And I do dedicate myself a good bit to this site. I have an art shop, I do fairgrounds everyday, I have a decent hatchery. And it still takes me a while with my other spendatures to get genes that cost a 5th of this gene. I'm not really sure what you mean by your next point. The next one however. Is pretty bad. Yes the people who put in more work deserve more ala Capitalism. But it's a game. It's supposed to be for fun. And someone who might be limited for time probably feels even more helpless than I do. Those people deserve a better chance at getting the gene too. Sure, more slowly than other's who do dedicate the time, but still. A chance. I think most of my suggestions, if done correctly, wouldn't outrageously cut the price. I think if an equally difficult swipp recipe came out it'd cut the price in half. If it was added to coli in a specific venue (esp if it's one people dont use often for grinding like Blooming Grove) it'd probably still be worth 1-2kg (Phantom is in every venue and costs ~600g each) I'm not saying Make This Gene Dirt Cheap So Everyone And Their Dog Gets 20 Copies, but to help put more into the economy. So we dont have to spend $50, or 2 months of fairgrounds with no extra spending, or for me, 10 pieces of artwork for One (1) gene.
Jemadar wrote on 2019-09-02 06:27:56:
I am not Jbapple

@Jemadar

You're right about hatchlings, but I'm personally someone who enjoys making their own pairs for breeding. I ha"e a hatchery and a good chunk of my money goes into making pairs. Yes I could potentially make money off of the babies, but If I had a pair with both blossom, I'd have spent ~12kg on one pair, and let's face it, people dont usually buy expensive babies. It'd probably take me years to get back the money I spent on the parents.

You're right about a range of prices. But $50-60? $50. $50. For one item. That is consumable. And has been around for months. $50. $50 USD.

You're next point I only half agree on. You're right about goals. But a $50 goal on a consumable item that'll take months to get? That's a lot of time and work. It usually takes me personally about a month or two to get a gem gene for a non ancient dragon because I, like other people, also spend money on other things. Apparel. Items. Familiars. Other genes. Breedchanges. Etc. And I do dedicate myself a good bit to this site. I have an art shop, I do fairgrounds everyday, I have a decent hatchery. And it still takes me a while with my other spendatures to get genes that cost a 5th of this gene.

I'm not really sure what you mean by your next point.

The next one however. Is pretty bad. Yes the people who put in more work deserve more ala Capitalism. But it's a game. It's supposed to be for fun. And someone who might be limited for time probably feels even more helpless than I do. Those people deserve a better chance at getting the gene too. Sure, more slowly than other's who do dedicate the time, but still. A chance.

I think most of my suggestions, if done correctly, wouldn't outrageously cut the price. I think if an equally difficult swipp recipe came out it'd cut the price in half. If it was added to coli in a specific venue (esp if it's one people dont use often for grinding like Blooming Grove) it'd probably still be worth 1-2kg (Phantom is in every venue and costs ~600g each)

I'm not saying Make This Gene Dirt Cheap So Everyone And Their Dog Gets 20 Copies, but to help put more into the economy. So we dont have to spend $50, or 2 months of fairgrounds with no extra spending, or for me, 10 pieces of artwork for One (1) gene.
aaaaaaa 2iRFIjf.png
IpfqSZl.png
C6uVV3r.png rcPCtfe.png
qZrjH79.png
also economy wise, (or game play wise) clan bound blossom scrolls would inevitably spring up the same market that can based goat eyes did (the trading of dragon with someone else to apply the scroll in exchange for money).

which isn't a fr supported transaction so I doubt the devs really want to see those sort of items for sale threads in mass if clan bound blossom existed.
also economy wise, (or game play wise) clan bound blossom scrolls would inevitably spring up the same market that can based goat eyes did (the trading of dragon with someone else to apply the scroll in exchange for money).

which isn't a fr supported transaction so I doubt the devs really want to see those sort of items for sale threads in mass if clan bound blossom existed.
[quote name="jbapple" date="2019-09-02 06:28:46" ] I mean, I obviously don't want the gene and prefer the money so I sell mums. People who want any gene/new item close to release are going to pay more than the price will settle to over time. If you want the gene for like a breeding pair for hatchery, it's almost always cheaper to buy an already gened kiddo and base the pair around that (vs geneing from scratch). If you are patient and gather the mums you can get the gene for free (or 2000t, I guess if it's the bottom most swipp person). If you choose to need the gene now so you can sell babies at 500g then like you have to see it as an investment to make (and repay your investment with baby profits). If you wait for the gene, the babies would sell for less but you would have spent less? It's a tossup. I mean if you are geneing a gen one, that is already going to cost you money but shrug. Making gathering a profitable way of making money helps people who can only play 30 minutes a day. (it also helps people who play for longer than that too). Because prior to this the only profitable gathering areas were egg scavenging/bug catching and hunting. (where I define profitable as if you scavenge in right area you can get drops that sell for >10g each). Adding a foraging gathering profitable thing makes more money for the people who play v limited time/can't coli etc. Adding it to coli doesn't help accessibilty of the thing. (at least in terms of getting it in hands of people who play limited times). [/quote] @jbapple I get you benefit from it being expensive, and that's why you don't want it change. But it's kind of unfair. Please keep in mimd this gene costs $50. 50 dollars. Fifty. Dollars. Usd. And I see your point about making gathering somewhat profitable. But. It's too much. If you're lucky you get a free 200g for clicking a button 15 times a day. And adding other alt ways to get the gene would also generally decrease it's price. Which would also make it easier to grind fairgrounds for. Which kind of negates your point about how adding it to coli doesn't help accesability for people who can't play often.
jbapple wrote on 2019-09-02 06:28:46:

@jbapple

I get you benefit from it being expensive, and that's why you don't want it change. But it's kind of unfair. Please keep in mimd this gene costs $50. 50 dollars. Fifty. Dollars. Usd.

And I see your point about making gathering somewhat profitable. But. It's too much. If you're lucky you get a free 200g for clicking a button 15 times a day.

And adding other alt ways to get the gene would also generally decrease it's price. Which would also make it easier to grind fairgrounds for. Which kind of negates your point about how adding it to coli doesn't help accesability for people who can't play often.
aaaaaaa 2iRFIjf.png
IpfqSZl.png
C6uVV3r.png rcPCtfe.png
qZrjH79.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12