Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | A "like" system
1 2 3
Maybe the Dragons could have a "like" button on their pages.

They don't necessary have a practial purpose like the bonding system with familiars, it's more like just a way of knowing how many people have seen and like the Dragons you have.

It could maybe even be a "favourite" button that saves the Dragon for you and gives you an easy access to it in case that you see an apparel and/or gene combination that inspires you.
Maybe the Dragons could have a "like" button on their pages.

They don't necessary have a practial purpose like the bonding system with familiars, it's more like just a way of knowing how many people have seen and like the Dragons you have.

It could maybe even be a "favourite" button that saves the Dragon for you and gives you an easy access to it in case that you see an apparel and/or gene combination that inspires you.
DyYwZkw.png
maybe support?
I think this could be nice in general, but I am also worried it might be too much like Instagram/other social media, and it also begs questions like how would those transfer over from user to user?
maybe support?
I think this could be nice in general, but I am also worried it might be too much like Instagram/other social media, and it also begs questions like how would those transfer over from user to user?
Waystone5.gif
Personally, they shouldnt' transfer over user to user. In fact, I am leaning more towards the idea that there actually isn't a running total of likes, just something where a user can go 'hey nice dragon' without inviting any reply.

I would personally prefer a bookmarking system, for 'favoriting' dragons, and a like system, for complimenting dragons, to be two separate systems.

I feel it would work better overall.

Thus, likes don't need to be kept, on either side really, the user would just get a notification of 'hey someone liked X'. Just a nice simple little compliment.

A bookmarking feature, on the other hand, could not have any notifications attached, just something where you can keep a list of dragons, perhaps with a little image, perhaps not, that you personally felt you wanted to revisit.

Combining the two might be slightly more limiting, as sometimes you might want to book mark a dragon, but not actually 'like' the dragon (perhaps it has information you want to reference or something like that, but you don't actually *like* the dragon), and sometimes you don't necessarily want to revisit the dragon, just send the owner a nice heads up of you thought their dragon (or bio) was nice.
Personally, they shouldnt' transfer over user to user. In fact, I am leaning more towards the idea that there actually isn't a running total of likes, just something where a user can go 'hey nice dragon' without inviting any reply.

I would personally prefer a bookmarking system, for 'favoriting' dragons, and a like system, for complimenting dragons, to be two separate systems.

I feel it would work better overall.

Thus, likes don't need to be kept, on either side really, the user would just get a notification of 'hey someone liked X'. Just a nice simple little compliment.

A bookmarking feature, on the other hand, could not have any notifications attached, just something where you can keep a list of dragons, perhaps with a little image, perhaps not, that you personally felt you wanted to revisit.

Combining the two might be slightly more limiting, as sometimes you might want to book mark a dragon, but not actually 'like' the dragon (perhaps it has information you want to reference or something like that, but you don't actually *like* the dragon), and sometimes you don't necessarily want to revisit the dragon, just send the owner a nice heads up of you thought their dragon (or bio) was nice.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Support. It's nice having a number that displays how many people have acknowledged your dragon in some way.
Support. It's nice having a number that displays how many people have acknowledged your dragon in some way.
HJLIYn4.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
PngxIP9.png
LDkMPPP.png
8GgdVkW.png
mlHpBMC.png
nWiQNX9.png
n4tYGgU.png
I want some form of FR "like" system. http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=1073073&p=mb

People say "just leave a comment or PM." But that is more of a hassle.
"Hey, I like your dragons...oh crap, forget their names, flip back to that tab. Oh, the first one is Unnamed--gee, half the dragons in this lair are Unnamed. Flip back to that dragon, copy and paste the ID number. And I like your other dragons...flip back to that tab, click through the lair again, find the next dragon's name...Oh yeah, but please don't reply to me or say "thank you" or send a random friend request because I'm not really looking to start a conversation here."

I'm sure for some people that don't mind, but for introverts or those with social anxiety, that aforementioned kind of PM is a turn-off. People honestly don't get how much of a hurdle PMing a compliment is to somehow who is shy or otherwise. I don't want to start chatting with random people just to compliment a dragon. As a result, if I like your dragon you will never know. However, if we had an on-site "like" feature, I would totally go through lairs and "like" away. As it is now, there's not a lot of motivation for me to browse other people's lairs.

Yes, there is a currently a Facebook "like" button and a Twitter "tweet" button, but not everyone uses these social media and many people who do don't want to connect their Facebook accounts to their FR accounts and vice versa. For example, they don't want people to find their IRL information by connecting FR to Facebook or they don't want to bog their Facebook page down with a hundred dragons.

I understand people's concerns about "likes" becoming a popularity contest and influencing sales. For that reason, I think "likes" should be reset upon sale or trade. Heck, I wouldn't even mind if FR didn't keep a running count of "likes" at all--for me, "likes" would just be passing on a compliment, and once that alert is read and deleted, if it isn't saved anywhere on site, it wouldn't bother me.

However, FR could also keep "likes" totally private. But it would be a nice feature if dragons you "liked" were kept on a list somewhere so you could go back to get gene ideas, clothing ideas, or just re-read a good biography. Again, this list would be private. It would be nice, but not necessary for the suggestion.

I also understand people's concerns about threads begging for likes. However, if FR kept no running count of likes, that would solve most of this problem. FR could also make "like begging" against the rules. Just because some people would abuse a feature is no reason to not include it--any feature has potential for abuse, after all.

Others have said they don't want people to like their dragons. I wouldn't mind if this feature were optional. In fact, I feel a lot of the communication on this site should be disable-able including pings, PMs, profile comments, Crossroad requests, and friend requests. But those are other suggestions.

This is a copy and paste response. This idea has been suggested many times, so all existing discussions can be found using the forum search feature.
I want some form of FR "like" system. http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=1073073&p=mb

People say "just leave a comment or PM." But that is more of a hassle.
"Hey, I like your dragons...oh crap, forget their names, flip back to that tab. Oh, the first one is Unnamed--gee, half the dragons in this lair are Unnamed. Flip back to that dragon, copy and paste the ID number. And I like your other dragons...flip back to that tab, click through the lair again, find the next dragon's name...Oh yeah, but please don't reply to me or say "thank you" or send a random friend request because I'm not really looking to start a conversation here."

I'm sure for some people that don't mind, but for introverts or those with social anxiety, that aforementioned kind of PM is a turn-off. People honestly don't get how much of a hurdle PMing a compliment is to somehow who is shy or otherwise. I don't want to start chatting with random people just to compliment a dragon. As a result, if I like your dragon you will never know. However, if we had an on-site "like" feature, I would totally go through lairs and "like" away. As it is now, there's not a lot of motivation for me to browse other people's lairs.

Yes, there is a currently a Facebook "like" button and a Twitter "tweet" button, but not everyone uses these social media and many people who do don't want to connect their Facebook accounts to their FR accounts and vice versa. For example, they don't want people to find their IRL information by connecting FR to Facebook or they don't want to bog their Facebook page down with a hundred dragons.

I understand people's concerns about "likes" becoming a popularity contest and influencing sales. For that reason, I think "likes" should be reset upon sale or trade. Heck, I wouldn't even mind if FR didn't keep a running count of "likes" at all--for me, "likes" would just be passing on a compliment, and once that alert is read and deleted, if it isn't saved anywhere on site, it wouldn't bother me.

However, FR could also keep "likes" totally private. But it would be a nice feature if dragons you "liked" were kept on a list somewhere so you could go back to get gene ideas, clothing ideas, or just re-read a good biography. Again, this list would be private. It would be nice, but not necessary for the suggestion.

I also understand people's concerns about threads begging for likes. However, if FR kept no running count of likes, that would solve most of this problem. FR could also make "like begging" against the rules. Just because some people would abuse a feature is no reason to not include it--any feature has potential for abuse, after all.

Others have said they don't want people to like their dragons. I wouldn't mind if this feature were optional. In fact, I feel a lot of the communication on this site should be disable-able including pings, PMs, profile comments, Crossroad requests, and friend requests. But those are other suggestions.

This is a copy and paste response. This idea has been suggested many times, so all existing discussions can be found using the forum search feature.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I'm worried that people whose dragons have few likes would feel bad about themselves and the work they put into their dragon [emoji=coatl sad size=1]
I'm worried that people whose dragons have few likes would feel bad about themselves and the work they put into their dragon
I would like this as long as only the user could see the amount of likes on a dragon.

It would avoid lots of bragging, could help avoid users feeling bad because their dragon has less "likes" than others, etc.

This would be a good way to easily and anonymously let others know you appreciate their dragons. So support!
I would like this as long as only the user could see the amount of likes on a dragon.

It would avoid lots of bragging, could help avoid users feeling bad because their dragon has less "likes" than others, etc.

This would be a good way to easily and anonymously let others know you appreciate their dragons. So support!
IMG_8704.png
I'd like a way to like dragons. Maybe not save likes. Just to send a like maybe?
I'd like a way to like dragons. Maybe not save likes. Just to send a like maybe?
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Luce" date="2019-06-23 14:02:01" ] Support. It's nice having a number that displays how many people have acknowledged your dragon in some way. [/quote] [quote name="Herico" date="2019-06-23 16:15:17" ] I'm worried that people whose dragons have few likes would feel bad about themselves and the work they put into their dragon [emoji=coatl sad size=1] [/quote] Well, here's the exact example why I don't want for FR to get a cliche like system like any other random social media site - does FR need a way for someone to feel bad that no one/not enough people "acknowledged" their dragon?
Luce wrote on 2019-06-23 14:02:01:
Herico wrote on 2019-06-23 16:15:17:
I'm worried that people whose dragons have few likes would feel bad about themselves and the work they put into their dragon

Well, here's the exact example why I don't want for FR to get a cliche like system like any other random social media site - does FR need a way for someone to feel bad that no one/not enough people "acknowledged" their dragon?
JQQ3Fjt.png
[quote name="RedWillia" date="2019-06-24 10:15:05" ] [quote name="Luce" date="2019-06-23 14:02:01" ] Support. It's nice having a number that displays how many people have acknowledged your dragon in some way. [/quote] [quote name="Herico" date="2019-06-23 16:15:17" ] I'm worried that people whose dragons have few likes would feel bad about themselves and the work they put into their dragon [emoji=coatl sad size=1] [/quote] Well, here's the exact example why I don't want for FR to get a cliche like system like any other random social media site - does FR need a way for someone to feel bad that no one/not enough people "acknowledged" their dragon? [/quote] I don't think a feature that invites compliments should be rejected on this basis. If someone is that depressed over how people think of their dragons, then an easy workaround would be to let them toggle the visibility of the counter and mute the notifications. With this logic, shouldn't we get rid of dragon share forum because some threads didn't get enough posts on their dragon? No, people are given the option to not participate in the forum, therefore people should also be given an option to hide the Likes system. As for it impacting the market, no. You can prevent this by resetting the counter to zero for each time the dragon enters a different lair. This will also demotivate begging threads. I imagine begging threads and bragging threads can also be enforced against by the forum staff, if it becomes a problem.
RedWillia wrote on 2019-06-24 10:15:05:
Luce wrote on 2019-06-23 14:02:01:
Herico wrote on 2019-06-23 16:15:17:

Well, here's the exact example why I don't want for FR to get a cliche like system like any other random social media site - does FR need a way for someone to feel bad that no one/not enough people "acknowledged" their dragon?

I don't think a feature that invites compliments should be rejected on this basis. If someone is that depressed over how people think of their dragons, then an easy workaround would be to let them toggle the visibility of the counter and mute the notifications. With this logic, shouldn't we get rid of dragon share forum because some threads didn't get enough posts on their dragon? No, people are given the option to not participate in the forum, therefore people should also be given an option to hide the Likes system.

As for it impacting the market, no. You can prevent this by resetting the counter to zero for each time the dragon enters a different lair. This will also demotivate begging threads. I imagine begging threads and bragging threads can also be enforced against by the forum staff, if it becomes a problem.
HJLIYn4.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
PngxIP9.png
LDkMPPP.png
8GgdVkW.png
mlHpBMC.png
nWiQNX9.png
n4tYGgU.png
1 2 3