Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Parallel genes carry over w breed change
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="Almedha" date="2023-04-06 15:45:13" ] [quote name="Churrell" date="2019-08-24 21:21:32" ] I hear what y'all are saying and I like the idea, but what about all the users who have already spent money to gene dragons according to the current rule set? If I'd spent money on that and then it turns out OTHER people get to do it for free, I'd be mad. Even simply reimbursing the money spent on Gaoler genes might not be a good solution, since there are probably quite a few cases of "This gene that didn't carry over is too expensive, so I'll use a cheaper one." (Gem marketplace vs treasure, for example). Basically I think it's just too late to implement this fairly, and without having to offer players back a LOT of money. Unless there was an option to revert breed changed Gaolers to their original genes, while ALSO reimbursing the genes that were put on it as a Gaoler? Sounds complicated, but hey maybe [/quote] Having spent on genes for Ancients that used to be Moderns - I would be pleased. I am one of the people that the change affects: I could change an Ancient into a Modern right now and have the same benefit. That's a win. I'm not being left out of anything, so no reimbursement needed. I understood and agreed to the rules before, and no one needs to be paid back for something just because the price changes later. We wouldn't expect this the other way (for example, people who bought an item last year that now costs 100g more wouldn't be expected to pay that much for the item they already bought), so I don't think we should expect it at all. And that's fine. Anyways, I wouldn't mind it going Ancient > Modern or Ancient > Ancient, but I'm not sure how it could be done without being confusing, you know? Even the options laid out here would feel odd to a new person, I'm sure. [/quote] Going to second that I wouldn't mind this sort of change as someone who has/had dragons that went or are going from Modern to Ancient. Sure, I spent more than people after me likely would with this change but I don't need compensation for that. A change like this wouldn't exactly harm people making changes after. It'll benefit them in the future if they have more projects to change, actually. Just because I already did something one way doesn't mean it shouldn't be improved for everyone else down the line. Why should a game not improve just because I did things the hard way before a QoL change like this was made?
Almedha wrote on 2023-04-06 15:45:13:
Churrell wrote on 2019-08-24 21:21:32:
I hear what y'all are saying and I like the idea, but what about all the users who have already spent money to gene dragons according to the current rule set? If I'd spent money on that and then it turns out OTHER people get to do it for free, I'd be mad.

Even simply reimbursing the money spent on Gaoler genes might not be a good solution, since there are probably quite a few cases of "This gene that didn't carry over is too expensive, so I'll use a cheaper one." (Gem marketplace vs treasure, for example).

Basically I think it's just too late to implement this fairly, and without having to offer players back a LOT of money. Unless there was an option to revert breed changed Gaolers to their original genes, while ALSO reimbursing the genes that were put on it as a Gaoler? Sounds complicated, but hey maybe
Having spent on genes for Ancients that used to be Moderns - I would be pleased. I am one of the people that the change affects: I could change an Ancient into a Modern right now and have the same benefit. That's a win. I'm not being left out of anything, so no reimbursement needed. I understood and agreed to the rules before, and no one needs to be paid back for something just because the price changes later. We wouldn't expect this the other way (for example, people who bought an item last year that now costs 100g more wouldn't be expected to pay that much for the item they already bought), so I don't think we should expect it at all.

And that's fine.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind it going Ancient > Modern or Ancient > Ancient, but I'm not sure how it could be done without being confusing, you know? Even the options laid out here would feel odd to a new person, I'm sure.

Going to second that I wouldn't mind this sort of change as someone who has/had dragons that went or are going from Modern to Ancient. Sure, I spent more than people after me likely would with this change but I don't need compensation for that. A change like this wouldn't exactly harm people making changes after. It'll benefit them in the future if they have more projects to change, actually.

Just because I already did something one way doesn't mean it shouldn't be improved for everyone else down the line. Why should a game not improve just because I did things the hard way before a QoL change like this was made?
[quote name="Lykos" date="2023-04-06 16:03:06" ] [quote name="Almedha" date="2023-04-06 15:45:13" ] [quote name="Churrell" date="2019-08-24 21:21:32" ] I hear what y'all are saying and I like the idea, but what about all the users who have already spent money to gene dragons according to the current rule set? If I'd spent money on that and then it turns out OTHER people get to do it for free, I'd be mad. Even simply reimbursing the money spent on Gaoler genes might not be a good solution, since there are probably quite a few cases of "This gene that didn't carry over is too expensive, so I'll use a cheaper one." (Gem marketplace vs treasure, for example). Basically I think it's just too late to implement this fairly, and without having to offer players back a LOT of money. Unless there was an option to revert breed changed Gaolers to their original genes, while ALSO reimbursing the genes that were put on it as a Gaoler? Sounds complicated, but hey maybe [/quote] Having spent on genes for Ancients that used to be Moderns - I would be pleased. I am one of the people that the change affects: I could change an Ancient into a Modern right now and have the same benefit. That's a win. I'm not being left out of anything, so no reimbursement needed. I understood and agreed to the rules before, and no one needs to be paid back for something just because the price changes later. We wouldn't expect this the other way (for example, people who bought an item last year that now costs 100g more wouldn't be expected to pay that much for the item they already bought), so I don't think we should expect it at all. And that's fine. Anyways, I wouldn't mind it going Ancient > Modern or Ancient > Ancient, but I'm not sure how it could be done without being confusing, you know? Even the options laid out here would feel odd to a new person, I'm sure. [/quote] Going to second that I wouldn't mind this sort of change as someone who has/had dragons that went or are going from Modern to Ancient. Sure, I spent more than people after me likely would with this change but I don't need compensation for that. A change like this wouldn't exactly harm people making changes after. It'll benefit them in the future if they have more projects to change, actually. Just because I already did something one way doesn't mean it shouldn't be improved for everyone else down the line. Why should a game not improve just because I did things the hard way before a QoL change like this was made? [/quote] Thirding this. I've breedchanged moderns into ancients and had to re-gene them and I'm still 100% OK with genes carrying over from modern to ancient.
Lykos wrote on 2023-04-06 16:03:06:
Almedha wrote on 2023-04-06 15:45:13:
Churrell wrote on 2019-08-24 21:21:32:
I hear what y'all are saying and I like the idea, but what about all the users who have already spent money to gene dragons according to the current rule set? If I'd spent money on that and then it turns out OTHER people get to do it for free, I'd be mad.

Even simply reimbursing the money spent on Gaoler genes might not be a good solution, since there are probably quite a few cases of "This gene that didn't carry over is too expensive, so I'll use a cheaper one." (Gem marketplace vs treasure, for example).

Basically I think it's just too late to implement this fairly, and without having to offer players back a LOT of money. Unless there was an option to revert breed changed Gaolers to their original genes, while ALSO reimbursing the genes that were put on it as a Gaoler? Sounds complicated, but hey maybe
Having spent on genes for Ancients that used to be Moderns - I would be pleased. I am one of the people that the change affects: I could change an Ancient into a Modern right now and have the same benefit. That's a win. I'm not being left out of anything, so no reimbursement needed. I understood and agreed to the rules before, and no one needs to be paid back for something just because the price changes later. We wouldn't expect this the other way (for example, people who bought an item last year that now costs 100g more wouldn't be expected to pay that much for the item they already bought), so I don't think we should expect it at all.

And that's fine.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind it going Ancient > Modern or Ancient > Ancient, but I'm not sure how it could be done without being confusing, you know? Even the options laid out here would feel odd to a new person, I'm sure.

Going to second that I wouldn't mind this sort of change as someone who has/had dragons that went or are going from Modern to Ancient. Sure, I spent more than people after me likely would with this change but I don't need compensation for that. A change like this wouldn't exactly harm people making changes after. It'll benefit them in the future if they have more projects to change, actually.

Just because I already did something one way doesn't mean it shouldn't be improved for everyone else down the line. Why should a game not improve just because I did things the hard way before a QoL change like this was made?

Thirding this. I've breedchanged moderns into ancients and had to re-gene them and I'm still 100% OK with genes carrying over from modern to ancient.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
tbh the modern/ancient parallels not carrying over or even being compatible in ancient/ancient breed genuinely makes no sense to me in any capacity

how did the moderns get mosaic/breakup from gaolers if breeding wasnt first involved?

and since ancient parallels of modern genes are cheaper - if you breed change an aberration with jaguar into an aether, that aether should have jaguar

the concept of them being parallels makes no sense if they dont carry over in some regard - i know the idea is that its a treasure sink but treasure sinks just dont make sense in this regard (especially for gem genes)
tbh the modern/ancient parallels not carrying over or even being compatible in ancient/ancient breed genuinely makes no sense to me in any capacity

how did the moderns get mosaic/breakup from gaolers if breeding wasnt first involved?

and since ancient parallels of modern genes are cheaper - if you breed change an aberration with jaguar into an aether, that aether should have jaguar

the concept of them being parallels makes no sense if they dont carry over in some regard - i know the idea is that its a treasure sink but treasure sinks just dont make sense in this regard (especially for gem genes)
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
1 2 3 4 5