Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragon Jobs
1 2
Hear me out with this one. It's a suggestion, but, why not introduce a minor system where, a dragon can be sent off to do tasks for your Flight or other Flights in exchange for treasure, where they are temporarily unavailable for a period of time, based upon the job, can't breed, etc, but return with some kind of reward? Such as treasure or gems, depending on the job.

I'll include restrictions on this as to make it fair for the systems already in place.

Rules:
1. Must be an Adult Dragon. (More than 5-6 days old)
2. Cannot have hibernated recently or be in hibernation (Duh)
3. Cannot be tending to a nest.
4. (Possible/Debate) Must be off the breeding cooldown too.
5. Cannot have done a job recently. (Again, a cooldown.)
6. (Possible) Can't be part of a Coliseum Team.

For this idea in general, this will encourage people to hold onto dragons and make general use of them. There are many benefits it could provide, but it's part of the idea of being casual and unable to visit the site regularly.

So, to start, there are several job listings, basically, like a Mission Board from your Flight's Deity/Emissary on tasks they need accomplished, but can't send exalted dragons on.
For these missions, It will list several, and the requirements for each. Yes, all of them should or will have some requirements. These will mostly be level requirements and energy requirements.

In a way, it will operate similarly to Baldwin's Bubbling Brew in this case. Where you assign the dragon to it and they become unavailable in your lair for the time being at the cost of a small bit of their energy. As well, you won't be able to feed them in that time. (Duh)

The tasks or missions can be successful or a failure, which is based on the dragon and their level. Essentially, a high level dragon will be able to go on more challenging, but longer missions, and have a higher chance of success. And though you could possibly send level 1 dragons on challenging missions, they have a lower chance of success.

With this system, shorter missions will have a lower payout. What it pays out is somewhat random however. (Though the possible payout is listed before you send the dragon on the task.) There's a minor consolation prize (No more than 1,000 treasure) for a mission's failure, as well as some XP to the dragon (To level them up. Of course.)

Going further though, the length of time the task takes can be quite high. Such as being anywhere from an hour, to 24-48 hours. Maybe even higher. The reward itself will also be based on the difficulty/length of the mission. So longer missions will be more beneficial.

I'd say, also have a limit of how many dragons can be sent off at a time. Like, no more than three or four? Or even send a team of dragons off as well. (Maybe another way to use Coliseum teams? I don't know)

As for the rewards in general, I'd say it could be just about anything. Like, Treasure, Apparel, Familiars, Materials, Food, Chests, Gems, Baldwin Materials (If Baldwin assigns the mission, etc).

Though I'd say, Treasure or Food points are the most common, while Gems and Baldwin materials/supplies are the least common. That's just me.

What do you think in general? Oh and I'll add, Dragon Experience. I believe this should be an alternative way to level them up too. As they'll gain experience whether they succeed or fail. Though a success provides more experience than a failure, obviously. And in regard, this also benefits your flight overall too.

So, what do you think of the idea?
Hear me out with this one. It's a suggestion, but, why not introduce a minor system where, a dragon can be sent off to do tasks for your Flight or other Flights in exchange for treasure, where they are temporarily unavailable for a period of time, based upon the job, can't breed, etc, but return with some kind of reward? Such as treasure or gems, depending on the job.

I'll include restrictions on this as to make it fair for the systems already in place.

Rules:
1. Must be an Adult Dragon. (More than 5-6 days old)
2. Cannot have hibernated recently or be in hibernation (Duh)
3. Cannot be tending to a nest.
4. (Possible/Debate) Must be off the breeding cooldown too.
5. Cannot have done a job recently. (Again, a cooldown.)
6. (Possible) Can't be part of a Coliseum Team.

For this idea in general, this will encourage people to hold onto dragons and make general use of them. There are many benefits it could provide, but it's part of the idea of being casual and unable to visit the site regularly.

So, to start, there are several job listings, basically, like a Mission Board from your Flight's Deity/Emissary on tasks they need accomplished, but can't send exalted dragons on.
For these missions, It will list several, and the requirements for each. Yes, all of them should or will have some requirements. These will mostly be level requirements and energy requirements.

In a way, it will operate similarly to Baldwin's Bubbling Brew in this case. Where you assign the dragon to it and they become unavailable in your lair for the time being at the cost of a small bit of their energy. As well, you won't be able to feed them in that time. (Duh)

The tasks or missions can be successful or a failure, which is based on the dragon and their level. Essentially, a high level dragon will be able to go on more challenging, but longer missions, and have a higher chance of success. And though you could possibly send level 1 dragons on challenging missions, they have a lower chance of success.

With this system, shorter missions will have a lower payout. What it pays out is somewhat random however. (Though the possible payout is listed before you send the dragon on the task.) There's a minor consolation prize (No more than 1,000 treasure) for a mission's failure, as well as some XP to the dragon (To level them up. Of course.)

Going further though, the length of time the task takes can be quite high. Such as being anywhere from an hour, to 24-48 hours. Maybe even higher. The reward itself will also be based on the difficulty/length of the mission. So longer missions will be more beneficial.

I'd say, also have a limit of how many dragons can be sent off at a time. Like, no more than three or four? Or even send a team of dragons off as well. (Maybe another way to use Coliseum teams? I don't know)

As for the rewards in general, I'd say it could be just about anything. Like, Treasure, Apparel, Familiars, Materials, Food, Chests, Gems, Baldwin Materials (If Baldwin assigns the mission, etc).

Though I'd say, Treasure or Food points are the most common, while Gems and Baldwin materials/supplies are the least common. That's just me.

What do you think in general? Oh and I'll add, Dragon Experience. I believe this should be an alternative way to level them up too. As they'll gain experience whether they succeed or fail. Though a success provides more experience than a failure, obviously. And in regard, this also benefits your flight overall too.

So, what do you think of the idea?
It is interesting, and restricting the number of dragons that can be sent off would reduce one of the major problems of this

1. Is this experience coliseum xp or tied to the mission system itself. If it is coliseum, then no support, because it doesn't make sense to me. Plus, this could potenially give people a much easier time to level up dragons (depending on how many can be sent out) though over a longer period of time, but without requiring food for them AND giving a reward for it.

However, making another dragon level could benefit the site in multiple ways, as it would give dragons another reason to be valuable and it would also give more lore possibilities than if it were tied directly to the coliseum.

2. 1000 gold for failure is too much for me. To me, 1000 gold for success as a max should be the limit. One thing FR doesn't need are too many ways to passively make treasure. This is one such way of allowing players to passively make treasure, and even with a limit, unless each mission took a long time (say 2 or 3 days or longer), then 3 or 4 thousand treasure per day, especially simply for failure, would be, in my opinion too much, when you add up that just about everyone could send 3 or 4 dragons off into the wilds for a day and then come back and collect.

Treasure adds up quickly. Plus, the dragons will be bringing back food items (which can be sold or used) or other items that could be hoard sold.

So, I think that for this, treasure should be a minimal reward. The true rewards should be the items brought back.

3. I just saw this, but how would it benefit the flight overall? One thing this should not be is tied to dominance at all. Dominance's main goal is to get people to exalt dragons, and I don't feel that tying other systems to that would help further that goal.

4. This could also be a good way to get what many people have wanted: a questing system. So instead of simply going to the 'deity' and getting a mission, they could go to a notice board in the trading post, where NPCs have listed various missions they don't have time to go on, but would like done. This could also be how users could tell what the potential rewards are: baldwin missions are more likely to be baldwin materials.

5. Tying in with 4, I would also like it if it weren't just general 'fetch missions' but rather varied with some 'go get me this and you can have X' type, but also more 'Tomo needs help, so she is willing to pay dragons a little extra to answer her questions' These could even be a separate class of missions, that give minimal XP and perhaps no additional treasure, but rather an item or something like that. You don't send the dragons on these quests, but they could be listed in the same area of the trading post.
It is interesting, and restricting the number of dragons that can be sent off would reduce one of the major problems of this

1. Is this experience coliseum xp or tied to the mission system itself. If it is coliseum, then no support, because it doesn't make sense to me. Plus, this could potenially give people a much easier time to level up dragons (depending on how many can be sent out) though over a longer period of time, but without requiring food for them AND giving a reward for it.

However, making another dragon level could benefit the site in multiple ways, as it would give dragons another reason to be valuable and it would also give more lore possibilities than if it were tied directly to the coliseum.

2. 1000 gold for failure is too much for me. To me, 1000 gold for success as a max should be the limit. One thing FR doesn't need are too many ways to passively make treasure. This is one such way of allowing players to passively make treasure, and even with a limit, unless each mission took a long time (say 2 or 3 days or longer), then 3 or 4 thousand treasure per day, especially simply for failure, would be, in my opinion too much, when you add up that just about everyone could send 3 or 4 dragons off into the wilds for a day and then come back and collect.

Treasure adds up quickly. Plus, the dragons will be bringing back food items (which can be sold or used) or other items that could be hoard sold.

So, I think that for this, treasure should be a minimal reward. The true rewards should be the items brought back.

3. I just saw this, but how would it benefit the flight overall? One thing this should not be is tied to dominance at all. Dominance's main goal is to get people to exalt dragons, and I don't feel that tying other systems to that would help further that goal.

4. This could also be a good way to get what many people have wanted: a questing system. So instead of simply going to the 'deity' and getting a mission, they could go to a notice board in the trading post, where NPCs have listed various missions they don't have time to go on, but would like done. This could also be how users could tell what the potential rewards are: baldwin missions are more likely to be baldwin materials.

5. Tying in with 4, I would also like it if it weren't just general 'fetch missions' but rather varied with some 'go get me this and you can have X' type, but also more 'Tomo needs help, so she is willing to pay dragons a little extra to answer her questions' These could even be a separate class of missions, that give minimal XP and perhaps no additional treasure, but rather an item or something like that. You don't send the dragons on these quests, but they could be listed in the same area of the trading post.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Excellent suggestions! And actually, now that I think about it, yeah, you are correct, XP shouldn't be tied to the Coli. This should be an entirely different system. It should be some type of questing level instead. Yeah.

A questing system! Actually, as I type this right now, I got an excellent idea. Instead of being a "level" let it be a "Merit" rating. Where the success of the dragon improves their merit, say, provides them with bonuses when they're sent on missions. Possibly making it more successful. But, if there's a failure, that merit drops.

Higher merit also constitutes and influences the types of missions you receive and from whom. Where, dragons with higher merit are more likely to receive the more challenging and difficult quests. Like, say, from one of the Deities.

But in general, I do agree that this could be a way to expand the site more. As well, in terms of dominance, it doesn't influence that, but having dragons (the more the merrier) could constitute in the flight receiving some extra bonuses. Hell, I think exalting a dragon with high merit should constitute an improved payout too. As they'd be more valuable to the Deity overall. (Though it wouldn't change the flight bonus. Just provide a better bonus to the player exalting as the Deity can make better use of said dragon.)

How's about that?
Excellent suggestions! And actually, now that I think about it, yeah, you are correct, XP shouldn't be tied to the Coli. This should be an entirely different system. It should be some type of questing level instead. Yeah.

A questing system! Actually, as I type this right now, I got an excellent idea. Instead of being a "level" let it be a "Merit" rating. Where the success of the dragon improves their merit, say, provides them with bonuses when they're sent on missions. Possibly making it more successful. But, if there's a failure, that merit drops.

Higher merit also constitutes and influences the types of missions you receive and from whom. Where, dragons with higher merit are more likely to receive the more challenging and difficult quests. Like, say, from one of the Deities.

But in general, I do agree that this could be a way to expand the site more. As well, in terms of dominance, it doesn't influence that, but having dragons (the more the merrier) could constitute in the flight receiving some extra bonuses. Hell, I think exalting a dragon with high merit should constitute an improved payout too. As they'd be more valuable to the Deity overall. (Though it wouldn't change the flight bonus. Just provide a better bonus to the player exalting as the Deity can make better use of said dragon.)

How's about that?
This does sound like fun and needs a lot more fleshing out. I love to see where you take it!
This does sound like fun and needs a lot more fleshing out. I love to see where you take it!
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
[quote name="Jussie" date="2019-03-12 12:39:12" ] This does sound like fun and needs a lot more fleshing out. I love to see where you take it! [/quote] Same, I could use feedback on improving it and hopefully help it catch steam. I'm open to more input on this.
Jussie wrote on 2019-03-12 12:39:12:
Same, I could use feedback on improving it and hopefully help it catch steam. I'm open to more input on this.
I like the sound of this! Makes me want to play Mystery Dungeon again. :V
I like the sound of this! Makes me want to play Mystery Dungeon again. :V
It would be fun to have a couple jobs that are fetch quests, but require a bit of site knowledge or access to a guide. Say, Crim wants to give her brother a sweet treat, so now you have to figure out 1.Who her brother is (that's easy enough) 2.His breed, and what that breed eats (encourages getting to really know the site, for newer users) 3. One of the foods that mentions being a sweet treat for dragons, in the correct food category. And then fetching the item. It could be programmed to accept any of the various sweet plant foods we have, with the reward going up by level of accuracy: insect/meat/seafood>fail, plant>ok, sweet plant>success
It would be fun to have a couple jobs that are fetch quests, but require a bit of site knowledge or access to a guide. Say, Crim wants to give her brother a sweet treat, so now you have to figure out 1.Who her brother is (that's easy enough) 2.His breed, and what that breed eats (encourages getting to really know the site, for newer users) 3. One of the foods that mentions being a sweet treat for dragons, in the correct food category. And then fetching the item. It could be programmed to accept any of the various sweet plant foods we have, with the reward going up by level of accuracy: insect/meat/seafood>fail, plant>ok, sweet plant>success
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
[quote name="Jussie" date="2019-03-12 13:07:40" ] It would be fun to have a couple jobs that are fetch quests, but require a bit of site knowledge or access to a guide. Say, Crim wants to give her brother a sweet treat, so now you have to figure out 1.Who her brother is (that's easy enough) 2.His breed, and what that breed eats (encourages getting to really know the site, for newer users) 3. One of the foods that mentions being a sweet treat for dragons, in the correct food category. And then fetching the item. It could be programmed to accept any of the various sweet plant foods we have, with the reward going up by level of accuracy: insect/meat/seafood>fail, plant>ok, sweet plant>success [/quote] Even better! Another idea for an actual mission.
Jussie wrote on 2019-03-12 13:07:40:
Even better! Another idea for an actual mission.
Support! This sounds like a good way to actually use more of our dragons. (I tend to only use a few at a time: some to breed, and some to fight in the Coli.)
Support! This sounds like a good way to actually use more of our dragons. (I tend to only use a few at a time: some to breed, and some to fight in the Coli.)
Please help me raise my Dragon Cave hatchlings and hatch my eggs by viewing and clicking on them. :D (A big thank you to everyone who has already helped!)
I like this idea lot! I have a few high level dragons that I don't really use, since I am on mobile most of the time, and it would be nice for them to have a use!
I like this idea lot! I have a few high level dragons that I don't really use, since I am on mobile most of the time, and it would be nice for them to have a use!
IMG_8704.png
1 2