Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | audio captchas
1 2 3 4 5 6
@Jemadar

It sounds like it might be less frustrating than the current captchas, I am not sure how it fares against bots, with clothing and depending on what kind of background the images are on. The current captchas' backgrounds are part of my problem doing these; the worst for me for courting migraines seem especially blurry (I assume this is deliberate as part of the bot filtering) and have a well-blended-in dragon on them. I think the ones I cannot spot at all before I have to look away must be dragons in clothes that also blend.

I am not sure an additional option that is also sight-based is the best solution even if Flight Rising in general is the same. But, if it is a genuine improvement for some without a downside, then by my own earlier logic of improvement for some being better than improvement for none, it seems worth considering. How much work it would require for the amount improvement created is another question I do not have the answers to.

Thank you everyone commenting on and supporting this. I did not expect much when the relevant thread I found when I looked for where to put my two bits was not exactly fresh and lively. (I might have missed another, I am not much of a forum-goer as a rule.)
@Jemadar

It sounds like it might be less frustrating than the current captchas, I am not sure how it fares against bots, with clothing and depending on what kind of background the images are on. The current captchas' backgrounds are part of my problem doing these; the worst for me for courting migraines seem especially blurry (I assume this is deliberate as part of the bot filtering) and have a well-blended-in dragon on them. I think the ones I cannot spot at all before I have to look away must be dragons in clothes that also blend.

I am not sure an additional option that is also sight-based is the best solution even if Flight Rising in general is the same. But, if it is a genuine improvement for some without a downside, then by my own earlier logic of improvement for some being better than improvement for none, it seems worth considering. How much work it would require for the amount improvement created is another question I do not have the answers to.

Thank you everyone commenting on and supporting this. I did not expect much when the relevant thread I found when I looked for where to put my two bits was not exactly fresh and lively. (I might have missed another, I am not much of a forum-goer as a rule.)
I wish I could remember which site it was that had the captcha. I have two in mind, but not sure it is either, and one of them I don't think I can check it again. (as it was something to prevent bots from signing up).

If I recall, it was like 6 or 8 images, black and white, of like a pig, and each one was identical except the pig was oriented in different ways in each, and it was just 'pick the upright one' or something like that.

The site, I am pretty sure, wasn't a pet site, but either a mod download site, or a games store, so if they use it, it probably is fairly good (or I would hope so :P)
I wish I could remember which site it was that had the captcha. I have two in mind, but not sure it is either, and one of them I don't think I can check it again. (as it was something to prevent bots from signing up).

If I recall, it was like 6 or 8 images, black and white, of like a pig, and each one was identical except the pig was oriented in different ways in each, and it was just 'pick the upright one' or something like that.

The site, I am pretty sure, wasn't a pet site, but either a mod download site, or a games store, so if they use it, it probably is fairly good (or I would hope so :P)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Thank you anyway. [emoji=nocturne happy size=1] I have something going on now that has left me with no energy for this, but, I hope some sort of option is at least considered. Thank you everyone for your comments and support. [emoji=nocturne happy size=1]
Thank you anyway.

I have something going on now that has left me with no energy for this, but, I hope some sort of option is at least considered. Thank you everyone for your comments and support.
some of these captchas are OBSCENELY hard, I support this a lot. just some variance in the captcha would be amazing. Like even a line up of images with something like 'select all the spiral dragons' would be amazing as opposed to this point and click adventure search.
some of these captchas are OBSCENELY hard, I support this a lot. just some variance in the captcha would be amazing. Like even a line up of images with something like 'select all the spiral dragons' would be amazing as opposed to this point and click adventure search.
HglzBbg.png
Audio captchas are a great option.

Not a replacement, but certainly one option that should be added.

Another option that should be added is a replacement for the visual thing we currently have, because it is horrendous.

We need both.
Audio captchas are a great option.

Not a replacement, but certainly one option that should be added.

Another option that should be added is a replacement for the visual thing we currently have, because it is horrendous.

We need both.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
This is very important, I often have issues finding the dragons myself. I have gotten better at finding them but it usually takes me a few attempts.

Attempting to find the dragons is an annoying process.

I can't distinguish similar colors well, often causing me to hit the wrong thing.

My biggest problem with it though is that often times the bonus is so small that it doesn't even matter.

Yes, I can do it.

No, I can't do it easily.

Honestly, I am all for accessibility options.

I would accept a cap for the coliseum if it meant fixing the issues with the captcha.

I majorly support this.
Everyone deserves to be able to play.

This is very important, I often have issues finding the dragons myself. I have gotten better at finding them but it usually takes me a few attempts.

Attempting to find the dragons is an annoying process.

I can't distinguish similar colors well, often causing me to hit the wrong thing.

My biggest problem with it though is that often times the bonus is so small that it doesn't even matter.

Yes, I can do it.

No, I can't do it easily.

Honestly, I am all for accessibility options.

I would accept a cap for the coliseum if it meant fixing the issues with the captcha.

I majorly support this.
Everyone deserves to be able to play.

Pronouns: She/Her They/Them.
Time Zone = FR Time.
Most Active Time Of Day: From 12 To 20FR Time
Chatting?: Yeah, sure. If you want to chat go ahead shoot me a pm!

Anything you need to know about me not mentioned here? Go ahead and ask me about it!
Thank you for supporting this. :) I can relate to the struggle to find the dragons! I am trying to keep this gently steered away from "cap on the Coliseum" as an exchange, though, since I have stirred up the pot - at least when I can respond! I do not want this to turn into something that people resist or resent because something like that was implemented along with a captcha improvement. I would resent it myself, the Coliseum is how I get food for my dragons - something I know I will not always have the ability to do as regularly as right now. The ability to lay in a sizable store while I can, rather than having some kind of daily cap, is extremely important to me! (Also, I prefer it to the fairgrounds games as something to do while my brain is occupied with something else. Especially since I have a bad habit of navigating accidentally away from the page in mid-game, not great, especially in Mahjong or worse, the harder jigzaw puzzles....) The internet is full of captchas and similar things, most of which are, for me at least, not this bad. There has to be a solution that is not so drastic as to require that kind of drastic exchange. [emoji=nocturne happy size=1] (Edit - oops phrasing and a broken sentence. Better now.)
Thank you for supporting this. :) I can relate to the struggle to find the dragons!

I am trying to keep this gently steered away from "cap on the Coliseum" as an exchange, though, since I have stirred up the pot - at least when I can respond! I do not want this to turn into something that people resist or resent because something like that was implemented along with a captcha improvement. I would resent it myself, the Coliseum is how I get food for my dragons - something I know I will not always have the ability to do as regularly as right now. The ability to lay in a sizable store while I can, rather than having some kind of daily cap, is extremely important to me! (Also, I prefer it to the fairgrounds games as something to do while my brain is occupied with something else. Especially since I have a bad habit of navigating accidentally away from the page in mid-game, not great, especially in Mahjong or worse, the harder jigzaw puzzles....)

The internet is full of captchas and similar things, most of which are, for me at least, not this bad. There has to be a solution that is not so drastic as to require that kind of drastic exchange.

(Edit - oops phrasing and a broken sentence. Better now.)
Honestly, I DO think we should have options for Captcha's but I'm not sure if it should be audio?
Maybe it's just cause it wouldn't solve the issue for me- I dunno how to explain it but like.... I have issues processing what people say sometimes? If I focus too hard or the audio is distorted in any way then I just do Not get it. BUT I also.... really struggle to do the normal captcha..... because I have bad eyesight and while I can see the objects in it I normally can't tell a dragon apart from a familiar.....
So even with this option, I would be left out.
And as some people have brought up, this could be the same for a good bit of the playerbase.

I've done a lot of captcha's in my time though, and I have personally found the easiest one to do is just the "Click the pictures with [x] in it" ones.
They're usually very normal pictures and thus clearer, and I then don't have trouble picking the thing I need to find out. Unless of course they did them like they currently do captcha's- which would be a nightmare- I think it'd be easier. Could even do it like a series of scrying workshop screengrabs and you have to click the ones that have a certain breed in them.
That's just my two cents on a captcha that might actually work for me.
Honestly, I DO think we should have options for Captcha's but I'm not sure if it should be audio?
Maybe it's just cause it wouldn't solve the issue for me- I dunno how to explain it but like.... I have issues processing what people say sometimes? If I focus too hard or the audio is distorted in any way then I just do Not get it. BUT I also.... really struggle to do the normal captcha..... because I have bad eyesight and while I can see the objects in it I normally can't tell a dragon apart from a familiar.....
So even with this option, I would be left out.
And as some people have brought up, this could be the same for a good bit of the playerbase.

I've done a lot of captcha's in my time though, and I have personally found the easiest one to do is just the "Click the pictures with [x] in it" ones.
They're usually very normal pictures and thus clearer, and I then don't have trouble picking the thing I need to find out. Unless of course they did them like they currently do captcha's- which would be a nightmare- I think it'd be easier. Could even do it like a series of scrying workshop screengrabs and you have to click the ones that have a certain breed in them.
That's just my two cents on a captcha that might actually work for me.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
Support, it would be very nice to have an option for reCAPTCHA as well since it usually takes wayyy too long for me to find the dragon.

The coliseum is where most FR players are spending their time, so it needs to be as easy to use as possible.
Support, it would be very nice to have an option for reCAPTCHA as well since it usually takes wayyy too long for me to find the dragon.

The coliseum is where most FR players are spending their time, so it needs to be as easy to use as possible.
earthh5.png
I would support this if it's a toggle between audio and visual captcha as otherwise not only would having audio suddenly coming off another site be annoying to do the coliseum while watching youtube for example but it would create a different accessibility problem.
I would support this if it's a toggle between audio and visual captcha as otherwise not only would having audio suddenly coming off another site be annoying to do the coliseum while watching youtube for example but it would create a different accessibility problem.
1 2 3 4 5 6