Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | option to disable baldwin notification
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Gonna gently revive this thread because I don't want to be repetitive and make one of my own.

I order a lot of art and I do a lot of work in dominance, so I get kinda excited when I get a ping- only to end up inevitably disappointed when its just baldwin. I'm good at keeping track of when I need to toss something new in the pot so the notifications at this point are just annoying. I've ended up avoiding using baldwin purely because I dislike the notifications.

Can I please be able to toggle these off?
Gonna gently revive this thread because I don't want to be repetitive and make one of my own.

I order a lot of art and I do a lot of work in dominance, so I get kinda excited when I get a ping- only to end up inevitably disappointed when its just baldwin. I'm good at keeping track of when I need to toss something new in the pot so the notifications at this point are just annoying. I've ended up avoiding using baldwin purely because I dislike the notifications.

Can I please be able to toggle these off?
LKUGPNw.giftumblr_inline_piazpj7mY51u2mdgr_540.pngB2gPcio.gif
I still agree with this. Since now forum pings can be completely disabled, can we also disable Baldwin alerts too? Please and thank you.
I still agree with this. Since now forum pings can be completely disabled, can we also disable Baldwin alerts too? Please and thank you.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I would appreciate this as well. I hate getting false hope that I got notified of something important lol
I would appreciate this as well. I hate getting false hope that I got notified of something important lol
y61dWJx.png
I'm all for giving us the option to turn it off. You already get a waystone card when there's a brew to pick up, and you can get rid of the waystone too. So you would be able to pick between 1. waystone and notifs tell you about your brew, 2. waystone only and notifs off, 3. notif only and waystone off, 4. turn em both off for some sweet sweet blissful peace.
I'm all for giving us the option to turn it off. You already get a waystone card when there's a brew to pick up, and you can get rid of the waystone too. So you would be able to pick between 1. waystone and notifs tell you about your brew, 2. waystone only and notifs off, 3. notif only and waystone off, 4. turn em both off for some sweet sweet blissful peace.
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
Much support. I've stopped using Baldwin purely because I hate the notifications.
Much support. I've stopped using Baldwin purely because I hate the notifications.
• FR+18 • She/They •
IKTR - Fandragons in Invictus, Hallownest, Equestria, and Fandragon Tabs
[quote name="clockworkMoose" date="2019-07-12 09:53:24" ] I'm all for giving us the option to turn it off. You already get a waystone card when there's a brew to pick up, and you can get rid of the waystone too. So you would be able to pick between 1. waystone and notifs tell you about your brew, 2. waystone only and notifs off, 3. notif only and waystone off, 4. turn em both off for some sweet sweet blissful peace. [/quote] The trading post itself also now has little markers on each activity that lets you know if there's something to do there or not. That's 3 ways to be notified about Baldwin. We really don't need all to be active.
clockworkMoose wrote on 2019-07-12 09:53:24:
The trading post itself also now has little markers on each activity that lets you know if there's something to do there or not. That's 3 ways to be notified about Baldwin. We really don't need all to be active.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
While I find the notifs helpful, I still think that those who don't find them all that helpful should get to turn them off!

And if I may add onto the idea - the ability to toggle off just transmutation notifs, but leave notifs for brewing new items on could be nice. It's fairly common for players to sit at baldwin, grinding up transmutations, but when making new items, players usually tend to just choose their item and leave due to many of them taking several hours. Just a thought!
While I find the notifs helpful, I still think that those who don't find them all that helpful should get to turn them off!

And if I may add onto the idea - the ability to toggle off just transmutation notifs, but leave notifs for brewing new items on could be nice. It's fairly common for players to sit at baldwin, grinding up transmutations, but when making new items, players usually tend to just choose their item and leave due to many of them taking several hours. Just a thought!
jPdGQf9.gifForum_sig.png
I stopped transmuting because I hated those alerts so much. LET ME TURN THEM OFF.

People who want them can keep them on, people who don't can silence it forever. I see absolutely no downsides to this. Please, let me transmute again...
I stopped transmuting because I hated those alerts so much. LET ME TURN THEM OFF.

People who want them can keep them on, people who don't can silence it forever. I see absolutely no downsides to this. Please, let me transmute again...
XOxv5KE.png
The option to toggle would be great! Like when I'm just melting things...I KNOW baldwin will be done by the time I'm back.... but like if I'm brewing a longer thing and I'm excited maybe I'll turn it back on so that I'm not going "oooh has it been 12 hrs yet!?" and checking all the time. Because yeah....a notification every half hour (especially if I'm waiting on a forum response or something) is more than annoying.
The option to toggle would be great! Like when I'm just melting things...I KNOW baldwin will be done by the time I'm back.... but like if I'm brewing a longer thing and I'm excited maybe I'll turn it back on so that I'm not going "oooh has it been 12 hrs yet!?" and checking all the time. Because yeah....a notification every half hour (especially if I'm waiting on a forum response or something) is more than annoying.
FROGSNEAKS! Breeding and Info!

Please ping me! I'd rather more notifications than missing your post.
I'm so glad there's other people in this thread who have stopped transmuting in general because of the notifs. If I'm doing other things I don't like a 'hey your brew is done' every 30 mins- esp when I have it open in another tab anyways. It's obnoxious.
I'm so glad there's other people in this thread who have stopped transmuting in general because of the notifs. If I'm doing other things I don't like a 'hey your brew is done' every 30 mins- esp when I have it open in another tab anyways. It's obnoxious.
LKUGPNw.giftumblr_inline_piazpj7mY51u2mdgr_540.pngB2gPcio.gif
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12