Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Beta Player Testing Grounds
1 2
[quote name="Sopheroo" date="2018-06-12 07:58:00" ] I don't think it should be to rich users only to go and be beta testers. [/quote] [quote name="turtlee" date="2018-06-12 09:24:09" ]Nah no support from me. This is just falling way too dangerously close into “premium membership” territory for me. I know this could prevent things like the sudden change to common eyes from happening but I just don’t like the idea of offering exclusive content to only users who pay for it. Please don’t ping me. If you want to respond to my comment, quote it. [/quote] I understand that the premium thing might be a bit jarring, which is also why I brought up the alternative route to getting beta--A strict vetting process that determines whether or not you're qualified for beta testing. Although it would be strict, it would give beta access to people for free for those that qualified for it. I would like to quote DJFeather on this because these are some good ideas [quote name="DJFeather" date="2018-06-12 07:04:53" ]I would like to see, if they choose to do this, a "nomination" system of sorts, which has certain requirements.... - Only one beta tester per flight - Must have been on the site for 3 years or longer - Must be active in their flight community, weather thats games, dom, newletters, raffle organization, or otherwise - Must have a Venerable or Ancient Lair, so as many dragons as possible can be tested with whatever the new thing is - Must sign an NDA, and be willing to lose their account (or similar punishement) if confidential material is spread [i]-snip-[/i] One nomination during the next NotN, and Beta testers get replaced if they can't, for some reason, be a tester anymore. I feel like something like that would have saved so much backlash and arguments, that it might be at least worth looking into. [/quote]
Sopheroo wrote on 2018-06-12 07:58:00:
I don't think it should be to rich users only to go and be beta testers.
turtlee wrote on 2018-06-12 09:24:09:
Nah no support from me. This is just falling way too dangerously close into “premium membership” territory for me. I know this could prevent things like the sudden change to common eyes from happening but I just don’t like the idea of offering exclusive content to only users who pay for it.

Please don’t ping me. If you want to respond to my comment, quote it.

I understand that the premium thing might be a bit jarring, which is also why I brought up the alternative route to getting beta--A strict vetting process that determines whether or not you're qualified for beta testing. Although it would be strict, it would give beta access to people for free for those that qualified for it.

I would like to quote DJFeather on this because these are some good ideas
DJFeather wrote on 2018-06-12 07:04:53:
I would like to see, if they choose to do this, a "nomination" system of sorts, which has certain requirements....

- Only one beta tester per flight
- Must have been on the site for 3 years or longer
- Must be active in their flight community, weather thats games, dom, newletters, raffle organization, or otherwise
- Must have a Venerable or Ancient Lair, so as many dragons as possible can be tested with whatever the new thing is
- Must sign an NDA, and be willing to lose their account (or similar punishement) if confidential material is spread

-snip-

One nomination during the next NotN, and Beta testers get replaced if they can't, for some reason, be a tester anymore. I feel like something like that would have saved so much backlash and arguments, that it might be at least worth looking into.

CitL1lh.png yaZ9E.gif
1 2