Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coli Beta - Oh Boy - Many Changes
1 2 3 4
[quote name="Mongoose" date=2018-02-06 14:16:12] wh why are people advocating to keep dodge like if you want more rng "challenge" in your game go play world of warcraft. plenty of rng there lol. i support everything in this post esp the refreshes like godddaaaaaamnit. it makes me not want to coli anymore, and if it makes it to live that'll really suck for many people [/quote] We are advocating to keep dodge as a skill-based mechanic and not a RNG based one. Literally no one support to keep dodge as it is, but a form of dodge, the one that was planned via the AGI update IS needed to balance things properly. Again, if dodge is removed, Eliminate MUST be changed to match this. Why does Petrify or Enfeeble, who do as much damage per breath gained than Eliminate on a neutral hit, aren't refundable, but Eliminate is? For 40 breath, you can use two elemental attacks, who require 20 breath each, or as much Eliminate as you want, until you miss. Which is never, if we remove dodge. [b]We don't need new stones or a magical Eliminate equivalent as much as we need the current magical attacks BUFFED. [/b]While damage per breath point is comparable, breath used up isn't comparable, and to make alternate builds viable, this HAS to be fixed. There is 0 need to introduce a magical equivalent to Eliminate - we ALREADY have stones who match the damage done per breath point. The problem isn't the damage dealing part - the problem is the [b]BREATH REFUNDING PART.[/b]
Mongoose wrote on 2018-02-06:
wh

why are people advocating to keep dodge

like if you want more rng "challenge" in your game go play world of warcraft. plenty of rng there lol.

i support everything in this post esp the refreshes like godddaaaaaamnit. it makes me not want to coli anymore, and if it makes it to live that'll really suck for many people

We are advocating to keep dodge as a skill-based mechanic and not a RNG based one.

Literally no one support to keep dodge as it is, but a form of dodge, the one that was planned via the AGI update IS needed to balance things properly.

Again, if dodge is removed, Eliminate MUST be changed to match this. Why does Petrify or Enfeeble, who do as much damage per breath gained than Eliminate on a neutral hit, aren't refundable, but Eliminate is?

For 40 breath, you can use two elemental attacks, who require 20 breath each, or as much Eliminate as you want, until you miss. Which is never, if we remove dodge.

We don't need new stones or a magical Eliminate equivalent as much as we need the current magical attacks BUFFED. While damage per breath point is comparable, breath used up isn't comparable, and to make alternate builds viable, this HAS to be fixed.

There is 0 need to introduce a magical equivalent to Eliminate - we ALREADY have stones who match the damage done per breath point. The problem isn't the damage dealing part - the problem is the BREATH REFUNDING PART.

a) 200% support for everything, especially the slower attacks. At least let me select my attack while the animation's taking place.

b) if we're spitballing ideas to make Dodge more useful, then I'm of the opinion that RNG is okay, as long as the player can influence it. You have dice in d20 games for a reason. In terms of ways to influence it, pumping AGI is unfortunately not worth it, so we need other things. Attacks with higher/lower chances of being dodged (or higher/lower chances of critting). Buffs and debuffs that influence dodge and crit rates of the recipient/victim. Perhaps even an option called 'ready to dodge', similar to Defend but high risk/high reward (less-than-100% chance of negating all damage).

Alternatively, why not tie Dodge to a specific Accessory stone, but make it much more common? That way only a few enemies could dodge, but they'd dodge more often. You'd be able to predict when dodges were coming based on what enemies there were, which would allow you to make choices to mitigate the dodging, which would make you feel in control of the situation as opposed to being at RNG's mercy.
a) 200% support for everything, especially the slower attacks. At least let me select my attack while the animation's taking place.

b) if we're spitballing ideas to make Dodge more useful, then I'm of the opinion that RNG is okay, as long as the player can influence it. You have dice in d20 games for a reason. In terms of ways to influence it, pumping AGI is unfortunately not worth it, so we need other things. Attacks with higher/lower chances of being dodged (or higher/lower chances of critting). Buffs and debuffs that influence dodge and crit rates of the recipient/victim. Perhaps even an option called 'ready to dodge', similar to Defend but high risk/high reward (less-than-100% chance of negating all damage).

Alternatively, why not tie Dodge to a specific Accessory stone, but make it much more common? That way only a few enemies could dodge, but they'd dodge more often. You'd be able to predict when dodges were coming based on what enemies there were, which would allow you to make choices to mitigate the dodging, which would make you feel in control of the situation as opposed to being at RNG's mercy.
windh4.png
[quote]4)Let Me Attack During Animations!!!!! - alright so you guys made it clear you don't want people who turn off animations to have advantage over people who like to see their dragons jumping around, so we still have to wait the duration of the animation anyway, but why oh why can we not get started on prepping a new attack while our other dragons are attacking? Why is everything locked out until the animation is done entirely? Is your goal to actively make people leave the Coli entirely? Please let us get our next attack ready during active animations.[/quote] Yes. I'm worried that the coli will end up being [i]slower [/i]than it is now because of this. Rather frustrating.
Quote:
4)Let Me Attack During Animations!!!!! - alright so you guys made it clear you don't want people who turn off animations to have advantage over people who like to see their dragons jumping around, so we still have to wait the duration of the animation anyway, but why oh why can we not get started on prepping a new attack while our other dragons are attacking? Why is everything locked out until the animation is done entirely? Is your goal to actively make people leave the Coli entirely? Please let us get our next attack ready during active animations.

Yes.

I'm worried that the coli will end up being slower than it is now because of this.

Rather frustrating.
:LTB Boolean:
:YCH/Art Shop:
:Selling IDs:
For Sale,
G1s
71424715.png92781547.png91722205.png91717482.png
[quote name="WyvernVenom" date=2018-02-06 17:40:07] b) if we're spitballing ideas to make Dodge more useful, then I'm of the opinion that RNG is okay, as long as the player can influence it. You have dice in d20 games for a reason. In terms of ways to influence it, pumping AGI is unfortunately not worth it, so we need other things. Attacks with higher/lower chances of being dodged (or higher/lower chances of critting). Buffs and debuffs that influence dodge and crit rates of the recipient/victim. Perhaps even an option called 'ready to dodge', similar to Defend but high risk/high reward (less-than-100% chance of negating all damage). Alternatively, why not tie Dodge to a specific Accessory stone, but make it much more common? That way only a few enemies could dodge, but they'd dodge more often. You'd be able to predict when dodges were coming based on what enemies there were, which would allow you to make choices to mitigate the dodging, which would make you feel in control of the situation as opposed to being at RNG's mercy. [/quote] I really think these are all amazing suggestions. They would add a lot of variety to the Coli. Also, thinking more on the "attacking during animations" and stuff. You know what, -why- disable attacking during animation? Really, why make users sit through the same amount of time? So people who see the same static dragons vibrate sit for as long as the people who don't? Because that is "fair"? But really, everyone is on equal playing field. I hope I'm explaining myself well. People can choose to enable or disable animations. Everyone has that choice; that's fair. The pros of enabling would be seeing your dragons shake. The pros of disabling would, in theory, be an increase of speed--not just computer speed, but also in grinding speed. Is that [i]really[/i] such a bad thing? A) It means more loot--may or may not be bad, depending how much loot and inflation/deflation. B) It means more exalted dragons--[i]always[/i] good for the dragon economy, may or may not lead to treasure inflation. But speeding up grinding would enhance many players' experiences, which is a good thing. What I'm saying is...I think I'm in favor of disabling animations not stalling for time. In Pokemon, players can disable animations to get on with the game. It can be the same here. Sure, there's pros and cons, but I'm inclined to think the disabled animation stall is something we're better off without.
WyvernVenom wrote on 2018-02-06:

I really think these are all amazing suggestions. They would add a lot of variety to the Coli.

Also, thinking more on the "attacking during animations" and stuff. You know what, -why- disable attacking during animation? Really, why make users sit through the same amount of time? So people who see the same static dragons vibrate sit for as long as the people who don't? Because that is "fair"? But really, everyone is on equal playing field. I hope I'm explaining myself well. People can choose to enable or disable animations. Everyone has that choice; that's fair. The pros of enabling would be seeing your dragons shake. The pros of disabling would, in theory, be an increase of speed--not just computer speed, but also in grinding speed. Is that really such a bad thing? A) It means more loot--may or may not be bad, depending how much loot and inflation/deflation. B) It means more exalted dragons--always good for the dragon economy, may or may not lead to treasure inflation. But speeding up grinding would enhance many players' experiences, which is a good thing.

What I'm saying is...I think I'm in favor of disabling animations not stalling for time. In Pokemon, players can disable animations to get on with the game. It can be the same here. Sure, there's pros and cons, but I'm inclined to think the disabled animation stall is something we're better off without.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
no dodge would be great since I hate it when my elims are dodged
no dodge would be great since I hate it when my elims are dodged
vCw0cRK.pngB5FQIol.png
Make camping at least somewhat seeable... I had to turn my laptop sideways. It did not like that. :(
Make camping at least somewhat seeable... I had to turn my laptop sideways. It did not like that. :(
Stuff will one day go here.
New Coli is slower for me because of the constant refreshing and the "waiting for animations".

I support no refreshing in the same venue, since the refreshes keep me from getting into a rhythm (because then I have to stop and scroll). And if I can't get into a rhythm, I'll probably end up doing less Coliseum due to the frustration, which is a shame, because the original coliseum is fine.

On the waiting for animations front, I think that we shouldn't have to. I'd want one of two options: A system like the original coliseum, when you can prep your next attack while the enemy's health is decreasing, or for the ability to turn animations off without having to wait for the animations they're not seeing. Players who want to grind more efficiently can turn off animations, and those who want the animations can leave them on. Then it's a choice that players will have to make (and that they can change back and forth as they prefer).
New Coli is slower for me because of the constant refreshing and the "waiting for animations".

I support no refreshing in the same venue, since the refreshes keep me from getting into a rhythm (because then I have to stop and scroll). And if I can't get into a rhythm, I'll probably end up doing less Coliseum due to the frustration, which is a shame, because the original coliseum is fine.

On the waiting for animations front, I think that we shouldn't have to. I'd want one of two options: A system like the original coliseum, when you can prep your next attack while the enemy's health is decreasing, or for the ability to turn animations off without having to wait for the animations they're not seeing. Players who want to grind more efficiently can turn off animations, and those who want the animations can leave them on. Then it's a choice that players will have to make (and that they can change back and forth as they prefer).
He/She/They | FR +3
What if ability stones had a base hit percentage that went up based on your agility?

Things like scratch could hit 95% of the time. Easy to bump to 100. While stones like eliminate might start with a 75% base hit chance. Each point in AGI would raise the percentage for all your stones.

That way, you still have dodge, and AGI becomes an ATTRACTIVE stat, but not a NECESSARY one. Because it seems to me that the base hit percentage of everything is about 75% right now, though I've never actually ran a test.
What if ability stones had a base hit percentage that went up based on your agility?

Things like scratch could hit 95% of the time. Easy to bump to 100. While stones like eliminate might start with a 75% base hit chance. Each point in AGI would raise the percentage for all your stones.

That way, you still have dodge, and AGI becomes an ATTRACTIVE stat, but not a NECESSARY one. Because it seems to me that the base hit percentage of everything is about 75% right now, though I've never actually ran a test.
[quote name="ChaosKirin" date=2018-02-06 19:50:28] What if ability stones had a base hit percentage that went up based on your agility? Things like scratch could hit 95% of the time. Easy to bump to 100. While stones like eliminate might start with a 75% base hit chance. Each point in AGI would raise the percentage for all your stones. That way, you still have dodge, and AGI becomes an ATTRACTIVE stat, but not a NECESSARY one. Because it seems to me that the base hit percentage of everything is about 75% right now, though I've never actually ran a test. [/quote] This is the kind of thing I want. Having dodge be something that you can control is perfect.
ChaosKirin wrote on 2018-02-06:

This is the kind of thing I want. Having dodge be something that you can control is perfect.
[quote name="ChaosKirin" date=2018-02-06 19:50:28] What if ability stones had a base hit percentage that went up based on your agility? Things like scratch could hit 95% of the time. Easy to bump to 100. While stones like eliminate might start with a 75% base hit chance. Each point in AGI would raise the percentage for all your stones. That way, you still have dodge, and AGI becomes an ATTRACTIVE stat, but not a NECESSARY one. Because it seems to me that the base hit percentage of everything is about 75% right now, though I've never actually ran a test. [/quote] I like this idea!
ChaosKirin wrote on 2018-02-06:

I like this idea!
1 2 3 4