Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | User-Made Vistas
What if we could design vistas like we do skins? They could be priced comparably to skin/accent blueprints, and as long as they were approved by FR staff, we could be making and showing off our own backgrounds! How cool is that??
What if we could design vistas like we do skins? They could be priced comparably to skin/accent blueprints, and as long as they were approved by FR staff, we could be making and showing off our own backgrounds! How cool is that??
queen_katoe.gif
Personally I think that vistas should remain solely FR artists responsibility as that would keep the style uniform. If you start opening vista design to player submissions, there will be vastly different styles (for example hyper realistic, cartoon, cell-shading, no-shading, etc) which will be quite distracting when it comes to navigating the forums. The forums should be fairly cohesive--and players can already customize themselves by using the signature section. In addition by leaving it solely to the artists it avoids having to moderate the vistas which would need stricter gore and trigger control than skins due to the more visibility vistas have over skins and accents.

I could get behind either vista coloring contests (where the site artists make the line art, the players can flat color, and then the winning designs are shaded by the site artists) or vista design contests (where players enter sketches or verbal descriptions of the vista and the winning designs are created by the site artists) but completely custom vistas is not something I'd like to see.
Personally I think that vistas should remain solely FR artists responsibility as that would keep the style uniform. If you start opening vista design to player submissions, there will be vastly different styles (for example hyper realistic, cartoon, cell-shading, no-shading, etc) which will be quite distracting when it comes to navigating the forums. The forums should be fairly cohesive--and players can already customize themselves by using the signature section. In addition by leaving it solely to the artists it avoids having to moderate the vistas which would need stricter gore and trigger control than skins due to the more visibility vistas have over skins and accents.

I could get behind either vista coloring contests (where the site artists make the line art, the players can flat color, and then the winning designs are shaded by the site artists) or vista design contests (where players enter sketches or verbal descriptions of the vista and the winning designs are created by the site artists) but completely custom vistas is not something I'd like to see.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
This has been suggested several times before;

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1943181
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1940159
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2213466

In a word, no support. As you can see from the previous threads, the primary concern is uniformity and regulation; as it stands, all vistas have a coherent style, and there's no need for the admins to dedicate time to reviewing user submissions. There would have to be strict rules, since you cannot turn off vistas, and this would also lead to a lot of disgruntled artists accusing the site of favoritism because their vista wasn't accepted on a technicality.
This has been suggested several times before;

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1943181
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1940159
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2213466

In a word, no support. As you can see from the previous threads, the primary concern is uniformity and regulation; as it stands, all vistas have a coherent style, and there's no need for the admins to dedicate time to reviewing user submissions. There would have to be strict rules, since you cannot turn off vistas, and this would also lead to a lot of disgruntled artists accusing the site of favoritism because their vista wasn't accepted on a technicality.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
One of my concerns is 'triggering' subjects. Skins and accents are not widely viewable by the public. The chances of seeing a dragon with a particular skin by just randomly browsing the site (ie not going to a lair known for that type of skin or threads dedicated to that subject) is pretty low.

However, with vistas, every time someone goes to a thread with a particular user, they will see that vista. It doesn't matter what the subject of the thread is. Sure, adblock is a thing, but the issue I have with that, is that the person actually has to SEE the image to block it in the first place. For some cases, that could cause problems.
One of my concerns is 'triggering' subjects. Skins and accents are not widely viewable by the public. The chances of seeing a dragon with a particular skin by just randomly browsing the site (ie not going to a lair known for that type of skin or threads dedicated to that subject) is pretty low.

However, with vistas, every time someone goes to a thread with a particular user, they will see that vista. It doesn't matter what the subject of the thread is. Sure, adblock is a thing, but the issue I have with that, is that the person actually has to SEE the image to block it in the first place. For some cases, that could cause problems.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I don’t support for the same reasons as above. The art style should remain the same for vistas and not be changed, although it seems like a good idea it really isn’t despite how much one might want it. If you at least want to have semi custom vistas you should have suggested being able to color vistas and have them judged similar to skins and familiar contests. That way as I’m imagining would be as the rules for familiar contests and judged then as skins are you may have them in game with a gem fee. But again the art style would be very strict and I highly doubt it will ever come to pass.
I don’t support for the same reasons as above. The art style should remain the same for vistas and not be changed, although it seems like a good idea it really isn’t despite how much one might want it. If you at least want to have semi custom vistas you should have suggested being able to color vistas and have them judged similar to skins and familiar contests. That way as I’m imagining would be as the rules for familiar contests and judged then as skins are you may have them in game with a gem fee. But again the art style would be very strict and I highly doubt it will ever come to pass.
4xTBSTZ.png
No support. Like dragonsage said I also think that it should remain FR artist created. It keeps everything looking the same. There are already so many vistas already and more being created all the time, I think there are plenty to allow users enough customization. I don't see a need for user created vistas and I personally wouldn't like to see them added.
No support. Like dragonsage said I also think that it should remain FR artist created. It keeps everything looking the same. There are already so many vistas already and more being created all the time, I think there are plenty to allow users enough customization. I don't see a need for user created vistas and I personally wouldn't like to see them added.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png