Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Being able to feed individual dragons
1 2
I really think this should be a thing. We should be able to choose what dragons to feed, or at least change the order in which the dragons are fed.
I really think this should be a thing. We should be able to choose what dragons to feed, or at least change the order in which the dragons are fed.
vCw0cRK.pngB5FQIol.png
Cue people never feeding their fodder dragons, and therefore, some breeds being bought more quickly than others because they're cheaper to feed (sup Bogsneaks and Snappers)
Cue people never feeding their fodder dragons, and therefore, some breeds being bought more quickly than others because they're cheaper to feed (sup Bogsneaks and Snappers)
I actually support this. Since the AH shows the feeding level of the dragons now its really not anyones bussness anymore whome we feed or not.

Don't like unfed dragons? Don't buy.
Dragons not selling fast enough? Feed your fodder.

I actually support this. Since the AH shows the feeding level of the dragons now its really not anyones bussness anymore whome we feed or not.

[quote name="Ismaiel" date=2017-12-18 13:41:13] I actually support this. Since the AH shows the feeding level of the dragons now its really not anyones bussness anymore whome we feed or not. Don't like unfed dragons? Don't buy. Dragons not selling fast enough? Feed your fodder. [/quote] my biggest problem is that this would tank the food market. Why bother feeding more than a handful of dragons unless you want the well fed bonus? 3 coliseum dragons, a few breeders? Everything else could potentially starve, meaning nearly any and all food coming in could be resold, putting a ton more food on the market than there already is.
Ismaiel wrote on 2017-12-18:

my biggest problem is that this would tank the food market. Why bother feeding more than a handful of dragons unless you want the well fed bonus? 3 coliseum dragons, a few breeders? Everything else could potentially starve, meaning nearly any and all food coming in could be resold, putting a ton more food on the market than there already is.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Technically, the just-grown adult is still fed enough to battle, and lots of fodder sellers boot them out as soon as they grow up, so there will be enough fed fodder, I guess. Still, it will undoubtedly mess with the daily bonus - I saw the % fluctuate a lot while I was attending to the raffle thread, and my own dragons were always fed to full.

Idk, it's risky for both sides (buying unfed fodder and losing bonus / not feeding enough dragons and losing bonus after selling some more fed ones) and if people already complain about familiar bonding, clicking feed button on each dragon won't be universally liked either. It's not like food is expensive or hard to get anyway, so I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle.
Technically, the just-grown adult is still fed enough to battle, and lots of fodder sellers boot them out as soon as they grow up, so there will be enough fed fodder, I guess. Still, it will undoubtedly mess with the daily bonus - I saw the % fluctuate a lot while I was attending to the raffle thread, and my own dragons were always fed to full.

Idk, it's risky for both sides (buying unfed fodder and losing bonus / not feeding enough dragons and losing bonus after selling some more fed ones) and if people already complain about familiar bonding, clicking feed button on each dragon won't be universally liked either. It's not like food is expensive or hard to get anyway, so I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle.
[quote name="Jemadar" date=2017-12-18 14:05:51] [quote name="Ismaiel" date=2017-12-18 13:41:13] I actually support this. Since the AH shows the feeding level of the dragons now its really not anyones bussness anymore whome we feed or not. Don't like unfed dragons? Don't buy. Dragons not selling fast enough? Feed your fodder. [/quote] my biggest problem is that this would tank the food market. Why bother feeding more than a handful of dragons unless you want the well fed bonus? 3 coliseum dragons, a few breeders? Everything else could potentially starve, meaning nearly any and all food coming in could be resold, putting a ton more food on the market than there already is. [/quote] But if most people didn't get daily bonuses than the gems to treasure ratio would lower and so people would feed their dergons so that they can gems (daily bonus) and then it'll just balance itself :) (even though the market sales would go up and down alot maybe but isn't that the fun part???)
Jemadar wrote on 2017-12-18:

my biggest problem is that this would tank the food market. Why bother feeding more than a handful of dragons unless you want the well fed bonus? 3 coliseum dragons, a few breeders? Everything else could potentially starve, meaning nearly any and all food coming in could be resold, putting a ton more food on the market than there already is.
But if most people didn't get daily bonuses than the gems to treasure ratio would lower and so people would feed their dergons so that they can gems (daily bonus) and then it'll just balance itself :)
(even though the market sales would go up and down alot maybe but isn't that the fun part???)
vCw0cRK.pngB5FQIol.png
I'd rather not see this as a thing. Yes, we can see hunger now in the AH. But even then, this would turn into a "batteries not included" thing with hungry dragons, passing the cost onto the buyer. I'd just rather FR not go in that direction.
I'd rather not see this as a thing. Yes, we can see hunger now in the AH. But even then, this would turn into a "batteries not included" thing with hungry dragons, passing the cost onto the buyer. I'd just rather FR not go in that direction.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="clw23" date=2017-12-18 14:30:58] [quote name="Jemadar" date=2017-12-18 14:05:51] [quote name="Ismaiel" date=2017-12-18 13:41:13] I actually support this. Since the AH shows the feeding level of the dragons now its really not anyones bussness anymore whome we feed or not. Don't like unfed dragons? Don't buy. Dragons not selling fast enough? Feed your fodder. [/quote] my biggest problem is that this would tank the food market. Why bother feeding more than a handful of dragons unless you want the well fed bonus? 3 coliseum dragons, a few breeders? Everything else could potentially starve, meaning nearly any and all food coming in could be resold, putting a ton more food on the market than there already is. [/quote] But if most people didn't get daily bonuses than the gems to treasure ratio would lower and so people would feed their dergons so that they can gems (daily bonus) and then it'll just balance itself :) (even though the market sales would go up and down alot maybe but isn't that the fun part???) [/quote] The daily bonus is one gem. Sure, after a while it adds up, but bonding gets you a lot more gems a lot quicker (at least to my way of thinking) so I doubt that a 1 gem daily bonus would affect things one way or the other.
clw23 wrote on 2017-12-18:
Jemadar wrote on 2017-12-18:

But if most people didn't get daily bonuses than the gems to treasure ratio would lower and so people would feed their dergons so that they can gems (daily bonus) and then it'll just balance itself :)
(even though the market sales would go up and down alot maybe but isn't that the fun part???)
The daily bonus is one gem. Sure, after a while it adds up, but bonding gets you a lot more gems a lot quicker (at least to my way of thinking) so I doubt that a 1 gem daily bonus would affect things one way or the other.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
In addition to all of the above, it's kind of a disturbing concept, lore-wise. Well, you're only staying here for a week, Timmy, so I guess we don't have to feed you in that week.

EDIT: To clarify, I could support a "prioritize Coli party" option but not an "Only feed Coli party" option. A person who prioritizes their Coli party might legitimately be doing it because they need to get their other dragons fed.
In addition to all of the above, it's kind of a disturbing concept, lore-wise. Well, you're only staying here for a week, Timmy, so I guess we don't have to feed you in that week.

EDIT: To clarify, I could support a "prioritize Coli party" option but not an "Only feed Coli party" option. A person who prioritizes their Coli party might legitimately be doing it because they need to get their other dragons fed.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
[quote name="Ridara" date=2017-12-19 04:22:43] In addition to all of the above, it's kind of a disturbing concept, lore-wise. Well, you're only staying here for a week, Timmy, so I guess we don't have to feed you in that week. EDIT: To clarify, I could support a "prioritize Coli party" option but not an "Only feed Coli party" option. A person who prioritizes their Coli party might legitimately be doing it because they need to get their other dragons fed. [/quote] Same can be said about not feeding in general, the auction house, the use of the coliseum and several other features of this site. We got to make a line between gameplay and lore somewhere otherwise people not choosing to feed, or doing massbreeding etc. will get a lot of hate from the comunity because of their playstyle being cruel or whatever. Thing is it isn't our bussiness if a player feeds or starves their dragons. Thats kind of common consent - the whole not your lair not your concern thing. So why do we even hace so strickt feeding mechanisms? Its not like people won't circumvent them if they really want to. But what is the actual harm to you specificly if player x chooses to only feed their breeders? That one can't sell them food anymore? Or that you have to maybe look half a second longer at the AH on if you want to buy that dragon? These arn't really good points to forbid a better more precise feeding system. These sound too much like "name these dragons you bought because I don't like what you do to them".
Ridara wrote on 2017-12-19:

Same can be said about not feeding in general, the auction house, the use of the coliseum and several other features of this site. We got to make a line between gameplay and lore somewhere otherwise people not choosing to feed, or doing massbreeding etc. will get a lot of hate from the comunity because of their playstyle being cruel or whatever.

Thing is it isn't our bussiness if a player feeds or starves their dragons. Thats kind of common consent - the whole not your lair not your concern thing. So why do we even hace so strickt feeding mechanisms? Its not like people won't circumvent them if they really want to. But what is the actual harm to you specificly if player x chooses to only feed their breeders?

That one can't sell them food anymore? Or that you have to maybe look half a second longer at the AH on if you want to buy that dragon?

These arn't really good points to forbid a better more precise feeding system. These sound too much like "name these dragons you bought because I don't like what you do to them".
1 2