Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dangerous Dragon illnesses?
1 2 3 4
stupid idea i know- i just thought it would be an interesting addition if you're dragons would have the chance to get a specific disease, each illness would be different depending on their flight!

Eg: You are just scrolling through your dreggs, looking at a strange light-flight bogsneak you bought impulsively yesterday. Beside the element symbol and gender symbol, you see a third- called Sunshine infection or something.

If that dragon bred with another dragon, there would be a 50/50 chance of their dragonets having the disease, if you sent it to another player their would be a chance the dragons beside it could develop the infection (only if they were in the light flight, thus a way to contain it)

You could find and buy cures, and maybe buy a special potion or spell that would make sure the dragon n e v e r be able to get the sickness.

If a dragon had the infection, it could have different consequences depending on the flight.
(for a earth or nature dragon, their energy could depleted twice as fast as a normal dragon, maybe their colour would drain?)

Not the smartest idea, i'm not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, i just thought it would be pretty cool to go into your flights forums and chat about the massive plague going on in the wind flight, also it wouldn't take a lot of time to make since you wouldnt have to make much art.
stupid idea i know- i just thought it would be an interesting addition if you're dragons would have the chance to get a specific disease, each illness would be different depending on their flight!

Eg: You are just scrolling through your dreggs, looking at a strange light-flight bogsneak you bought impulsively yesterday. Beside the element symbol and gender symbol, you see a third- called Sunshine infection or something.

If that dragon bred with another dragon, there would be a 50/50 chance of their dragonets having the disease, if you sent it to another player their would be a chance the dragons beside it could develop the infection (only if they were in the light flight, thus a way to contain it)

You could find and buy cures, and maybe buy a special potion or spell that would make sure the dragon n e v e r be able to get the sickness.

If a dragon had the infection, it could have different consequences depending on the flight.
(for a earth or nature dragon, their energy could depleted twice as fast as a normal dragon, maybe their colour would drain?)

Not the smartest idea, i'm not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, i just thought it would be pretty cool to go into your flights forums and chat about the massive plague going on in the wind flight, also it wouldn't take a lot of time to make since you wouldnt have to make much art.
Nope. Its a horrible feature on other games allready. At best it is an annoyance at worst its cripling a players gameplay.

On most games I've played that had these kind of things the best thing you could do was kill your beloved pet if it got sick because the game would become nearly unplayable with just a few infected pets and any medicine was impossible to get because everyone and their dog were sniping them and stocking them up. Everything you'd have needed did cost thousands of cash (probably the equivalent of a few millions on here) or was completely unavailable.

Lets not invite an healthcare system to the site where only the richest or the ones with good connections can afford a bit of medicine.
Nope. Its a horrible feature on other games allready. At best it is an annoyance at worst its cripling a players gameplay.

On most games I've played that had these kind of things the best thing you could do was kill your beloved pet if it got sick because the game would become nearly unplayable with just a few infected pets and any medicine was impossible to get because everyone and their dog were sniping them and stocking them up. Everything you'd have needed did cost thousands of cash (probably the equivalent of a few millions on here) or was completely unavailable.

Lets not invite an healthcare system to the site where only the richest or the ones with good connections can afford a bit of medicine.
As Ismaiel said, illness on games rarely bring anything to the game itself. At best it is an annoyance that doesn't affect anything except image (neopets) but still needs to be cured to use one or two areas of the site, at worst it can punish active players for actually playing the game (Furvilla)

Plus, many people come online to get away from real world problems and one of that includes illnesses and death. That is the reason I don't play any game that has 'pet death': I have to deal with things like that in real life and I don't want to think about it in games.
As Ismaiel said, illness on games rarely bring anything to the game itself. At best it is an annoyance that doesn't affect anything except image (neopets) but still needs to be cured to use one or two areas of the site, at worst it can punish active players for actually playing the game (Furvilla)

Plus, many people come online to get away from real world problems and one of that includes illnesses and death. That is the reason I don't play any game that has 'pet death': I have to deal with things like that in real life and I don't want to think about it in games.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
In addition to the above, a minor inconvenience for an established player can be a crippling setback for a newbie. The last thing I want to see is a flight (especially a less populous flight like Earth) struggling to retain members because their newbies' dragons have a disease and they're quitting.

I would support apparel items that make it look like a dragon came down with a disease, for lore purposes.
In addition to the above, a minor inconvenience for an established player can be a crippling setback for a newbie. The last thing I want to see is a flight (especially a less populous flight like Earth) struggling to retain members because their newbies' dragons have a disease and they're quitting.

I would support apparel items that make it look like a dragon came down with a disease, for lore purposes.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
Honestly, I like the idea and I think the game would become a lot more realistic. But I just think that this will irritate a lot of people. I wouldn't like anything to happen to my dragons, whether that is a color change or more energy draining. I'd have to check every dragon I buy if they have a disease or not. So it adds a lot more work as well.

A different idea, however, is that the disease (or should you even call it a disease then?) benefits the specific dragons or the dragons with that element. Such as no energy drain at all, or more chances to lay 4 or 5 eggs. In this case, the disease shouldn't last for eternity, perhaps just a few days.
Honestly, I like the idea and I think the game would become a lot more realistic. But I just think that this will irritate a lot of people. I wouldn't like anything to happen to my dragons, whether that is a color change or more energy draining. I'd have to check every dragon I buy if they have a disease or not. So it adds a lot more work as well.

A different idea, however, is that the disease (or should you even call it a disease then?) benefits the specific dragons or the dragons with that element. Such as no energy drain at all, or more chances to lay 4 or 5 eggs. In this case, the disease shouldn't last for eternity, perhaps just a few days.
WaAeqQb.png
mUPZ0QW.png
@Ridara

There are a few Plague skins that make your dragon look like they have a disease though. My dragon Latticino has one. They're from the Plague's latest festival. But I get it if you'd like disease apparel as well. I support that idea.
@Ridara

There are a few Plague skins that make your dragon look like they have a disease though. My dragon Latticino has one. They're from the Plague's latest festival. But I get it if you'd like disease apparel as well. I support that idea.
WaAeqQb.png
mUPZ0QW.png
No thanks, the illness system was part of the reason why I stopped playing furvilla. I wouldn't want to see a similar system implemented here. Just leave illnesses in people's lore instead of forcing on the whole site.
No thanks, the illness system was part of the reason why I stopped playing furvilla. I wouldn't want to see a similar system implemented here. Just leave illnesses in people's lore instead of forcing on the whole site.
forumsig_by_plantfeathers-datch91.png
Emphatic no support. Why would we want that? It sounds awful!
Emphatic no support. Why would we want that? It sounds awful!
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
Pretty much what Trafa1garLaw said. I hate the sickness system in Furvilla and medicine was always far too expensive. I wouldn't want this to be FR.

Wouldn't mind apparel to show sickness, though. I love the plague parasite thing from the festival :)
Pretty much what Trafa1garLaw said. I hate the sickness system in Furvilla and medicine was always far too expensive. I wouldn't want this to be FR.

Wouldn't mind apparel to show sickness, though. I love the plague parasite thing from the festival :)
@Trafa1garLaw

RE: Furvilla they are actually thinking of reworking the system and there is a known glitch that the admins apparently don't care if you exploit (as they know and haven't said anything) where your villagers can become immune to illnesses. They have slightly reworked the system to provide immunity for a certain period of time when using medicine. So at least that part of FV is getting better..

Also, I don't really think it would make sense for a disease to actually buff the dragon (nor do I really think we need ways to make it so energy goes down slower or ways to get more 4 or 5 egg nests)

I also *REALLY* don't want diseases that affect the physical looks of dragons, not because it would affect me, but I keep having flashbacks to neopets of 'Your pet is ILL! CURE IT! you are a HORRRID PERSON!' (same reason I am SO thankful FR didn't bother to go the route of a dragon is hungry their image changes or give the dragons moods) *shudders*

I still say that Ridara's idea of apparel (skins can be very costly and might not necessarily convey what you want to portray, plus skins can only do so much) and leaving most of it to lore is the best.

Any way a disease mechanic could be worked, it would effectively be punishing someone: those with little ready cash to buy medicines, those who coli or breed a lot, and those who spend a lot of money getting their dragons to look a certain way (if the medicines had to be bought, dragons lost energy faster or were prevented from breeding/fighting, and if the dragons changed color or some sort of physical change happened). I like that FR has few 'punishment' mechanics associated with it (energy drain is really the only one and that is very lenient) as it makes it a nice casual game instead of something to have to micromanage and stress over.
@Trafa1garLaw

RE: Furvilla they are actually thinking of reworking the system and there is a known glitch that the admins apparently don't care if you exploit (as they know and haven't said anything) where your villagers can become immune to illnesses. They have slightly reworked the system to provide immunity for a certain period of time when using medicine. So at least that part of FV is getting better..

Also, I don't really think it would make sense for a disease to actually buff the dragon (nor do I really think we need ways to make it so energy goes down slower or ways to get more 4 or 5 egg nests)

I also *REALLY* don't want diseases that affect the physical looks of dragons, not because it would affect me, but I keep having flashbacks to neopets of 'Your pet is ILL! CURE IT! you are a HORRRID PERSON!' (same reason I am SO thankful FR didn't bother to go the route of a dragon is hungry their image changes or give the dragons moods) *shudders*

I still say that Ridara's idea of apparel (skins can be very costly and might not necessarily convey what you want to portray, plus skins can only do so much) and leaving most of it to lore is the best.

Any way a disease mechanic could be worked, it would effectively be punishing someone: those with little ready cash to buy medicines, those who coli or breed a lot, and those who spend a lot of money getting their dragons to look a certain way (if the medicines had to be bought, dragons lost energy faster or were prevented from breeding/fighting, and if the dragons changed color or some sort of physical change happened). I like that FR has few 'punishment' mechanics associated with it (energy drain is really the only one and that is very lenient) as it makes it a nice casual game instead of something to have to micromanage and stress over.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 3 4