Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | retired festivle
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12
I'm one of the users who is annoyed by the fact people keep on using the Light Sprite as an argument to unretire, but also to not unretire, because it's ONE item out of many retired ones.

We can't just go and use the Light festival 2013 items as an example, because if we do, it's obvious that retired items are out of control and should be rereleased like, two years ago.

We have to use the ensemble of all retired items, and with the lower priced one (Granite Guardian for familiars, Druidic Sash for small apparel and Butterfly's Kiss for big apparel) being nowhere near impossible to get, well...it's not that clear-cut.

We can't just go and rerelease everything because a couple of items are insanely priced, because the majority of the retired festival items? Are still very much affordable, even for a newbie.

If we unretire everything, the really expensive items will go down in price. But, the items that are already readily affordable will also go down in price. And I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

Really, there aren't that many retired items that are impossible for newbies to get.

And, if we rerelease festival items, there is still a massive elephant in the room that will make familiar collections impossible to complete.

Akirbeak.

I'm one of the users who is annoyed by the fact people keep on using the Light Sprite as an argument to unretire, but also to not unretire, because it's ONE item out of many retired ones.

We can't just go and use the Light festival 2013 items as an example, because if we do, it's obvious that retired items are out of control and should be rereleased like, two years ago.

We have to use the ensemble of all retired items, and with the lower priced one (Granite Guardian for familiars, Druidic Sash for small apparel and Butterfly's Kiss for big apparel) being nowhere near impossible to get, well...it's not that clear-cut.

We can't just go and rerelease everything because a couple of items are insanely priced, because the majority of the retired festival items? Are still very much affordable, even for a newbie.

If we unretire everything, the really expensive items will go down in price. But, the items that are already readily affordable will also go down in price. And I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

Really, there aren't that many retired items that are impossible for newbies to get.

And, if we rerelease festival items, there is still a massive elephant in the room that will make familiar collections impossible to complete.

Akirbeak.

@Sopheroo I'm bad at remembering which years are retired and which aren't - is the Granite Guardian actually retired, or is it one of the cycled ones?

(I agree with everything you've been posting, I'm just a dumb moron, haha, and want to clarify)
@Sopheroo I'm bad at remembering which years are retired and which aren't - is the Granite Guardian actually retired, or is it one of the cycled ones?

(I agree with everything you've been posting, I'm just a dumb moron, haha, and want to clarify)
33955360_ee9nt9Y6Z9u7RpD.gif
@aganna

Retired, it's the Rockbreaker's Festival Elemental :D

The cycled ones are the Bears and the Goblins that came the year after! :D

Should have added that the small apparel I mentioned is from 2014-2015, due to the 2015-2016 crowns being actually cycled, while the familiar and big apparel are from the 2015-2016 holiday season!

@aganna

Retired, it's the Rockbreaker's Festival Elemental :D

The cycled ones are the Bears and the Goblins that came the year after! :D

Should have added that the small apparel I mentioned is from 2014-2015, due to the 2015-2016 crowns being actually cycled, while the familiar and big apparel are from the 2015-2016 holiday season!

@Sopheroo Don't ever speak to me about bears ever again :(

Thanks though! I was confusing it with the goblin, woops.
@Sopheroo Don't ever speak to me about bears ever again :(

Thanks though! I was confusing it with the goblin, woops.
33955360_ee9nt9Y6Z9u7RpD.gif
@aganna

i like the bears don't hurt me they're still my fav festival familiar year
@aganna

[quote name="Sopheroo" date=2017-12-08 18:28:15] @/aganna i like the bears don't hurt me they're still my fav festival familiar year [/quote] OH MY GOD I’M NOT ALONE! I love them best too :3
Sopheroo wrote on 2017-12-08:
@/aganna

OH MY GOD I’M NOT ALONE! I love them best too :3
XriSV9h.gif
[quote name="Sopheroo" date=2017-12-08 18:21:52] I'm one of the users who is annoyed by the fact people keep on using the Light Sprite as an argument to unretire, but also to not unretire, because it's ONE item out of many retired ones. We can't just go and use the Light festival 2013 items as an example, because if we do, it's obvious that retired items are out of control and should be rereleased like, two years ago. [/quote] Main reason I used it in some of my arguments was because it was used against me but I actually agree with you here. The argument shouldn’t be just about that dumb bunny xD

Main reason I used it in some of my arguments was because it was used against me but I actually agree with you here. The argument shouldn’t be just about that dumb bunny xD
XriSV9h.gif
[quote name="CrazyRedFire" date=2017-12-08 18:42:34] [quote name="Sopheroo" date=2017-12-08 18:21:52] I'm one of the users who is annoyed by the fact people keep on using the Light Sprite as an argument to unretire, but also to not unretire, because it's ONE item out of many retired ones. We can't just go and use the Light festival 2013 items as an example, because if we do, it's obvious that retired items are out of control and should be rereleased like, two years ago. [/quote] Main reason I used it in some of my arguments was because it was used against me but I actually agree with you here. The argument shouldn’t be just about that dumb bunny xD [/quote] *looks around* Truthfully I am one of the ones who doesn't really care if I get sprites, I want the apparel and skins. There are SO many pretty skins and apparel from before I joined...
CrazyRedFire wrote on 2017-12-08:

Main reason I used it in some of my arguments was because it was used against me but I actually agree with you here. The argument shouldn’t be just about that dumb bunny xD

*looks around* Truthfully I am one of the ones who doesn't really care if I get sprites, I want the apparel and skins. There are SO many pretty skins and apparel from before I joined...

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
The Akirbeak is a downtime familiar, isn't it? So it would be in the same category as the golden fangar and speedy. I don't really want to discuss non festival items since this thread is for festival items, but my thoughts are that downtime familiars should only be re-released if FR suffers a similar or worse downtime. But that's not the same as the festival items, IMO.

Also, if year one (and other years) festival items are re-introduced, we're not saying it has to be at the same price/rate/whatever. For example, if FR went with an Antique Shop, the Light Sprite could be priced at 48,000,000 treasure (what I roughly believe the current conversion rate is combined with the lowest AH price) while a Nature Sprite could be priced at 650,000 treasure (again, guessing conversion rates here, I'm not a mathematician)--going on the premise the Antique Shop would be for treasure. The staff could easily make it for gems or a combination thereof, but based on completely unrelated discussions, it seems the treasure sink is needed more.

If the staff wanted to put the sprites in Joxar's Box, then maybe the Nature Sprite has a 0.05% chance while the Light Sprite has a 0.001% chance. Again, the numbers are examples based on my not-stellar math skills.

For those who know GPXPlus, if FR were do to retired item quests similar to GPXPlus's explorations, then the Nature Sprite might be earned by doing a quest similar to Dark Saturday while the Light Sprite might require doing something on the level of Death of the World.

Maybe FR would do something like Subeta's token shop, where items cycle in a limited quantity for brief windows of time (for a special currency). The Nature Sprite would cycle more frequently and/or in higher quantity than the Light Sprite.

I mean, there's lots of possible re-release methods FR could explore to keep things from becoming a flood. I think it would work best to start small (only a couple of the items in question) and then alter the price/quantity/time window/effort/whatever after watching the market carefully. Because it's not necessary to release all festival items at the exact same time, for the exact same price, in the exact same quantity, at the exact same rate. Scaling things appropriately is key.

EDIT: And I'm just using the Nature and Light Sprites for examples because they're well known, from the same festival set, and come in alarmingly different prices. I'm using them because it highlights that release methods can have different quantities, efforts, and prices.
The Akirbeak is a downtime familiar, isn't it? So it would be in the same category as the golden fangar and speedy. I don't really want to discuss non festival items since this thread is for festival items, but my thoughts are that downtime familiars should only be re-released if FR suffers a similar or worse downtime. But that's not the same as the festival items, IMO.

Also, if year one (and other years) festival items are re-introduced, we're not saying it has to be at the same price/rate/whatever. For example, if FR went with an Antique Shop, the Light Sprite could be priced at 48,000,000 treasure (what I roughly believe the current conversion rate is combined with the lowest AH price) while a Nature Sprite could be priced at 650,000 treasure (again, guessing conversion rates here, I'm not a mathematician)--going on the premise the Antique Shop would be for treasure. The staff could easily make it for gems or a combination thereof, but based on completely unrelated discussions, it seems the treasure sink is needed more.

If the staff wanted to put the sprites in Joxar's Box, then maybe the Nature Sprite has a 0.05% chance while the Light Sprite has a 0.001% chance. Again, the numbers are examples based on my not-stellar math skills.

For those who know GPXPlus, if FR were do to retired item quests similar to GPXPlus's explorations, then the Nature Sprite might be earned by doing a quest similar to Dark Saturday while the Light Sprite might require doing something on the level of Death of the World.

Maybe FR would do something like Subeta's token shop, where items cycle in a limited quantity for brief windows of time (for a special currency). The Nature Sprite would cycle more frequently and/or in higher quantity than the Light Sprite.

I mean, there's lots of possible re-release methods FR could explore to keep things from becoming a flood. I think it would work best to start small (only a couple of the items in question) and then alter the price/quantity/time window/effort/whatever after watching the market carefully. Because it's not necessary to release all festival items at the exact same time, for the exact same price, in the exact same quantity, at the exact same rate. Scaling things appropriately is key.

EDIT: And I'm just using the Nature and Light Sprites for examples because they're well known, from the same festival set, and come in alarmingly different prices. I'm using them because it highlights that release methods can have different quantities, efforts, and prices.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote]Older players supported the site where newer players didn't, and older players are the reason FR is still alive today. Aside from that, every single petsite 'favors' players who have been around longer. Chickensmoothie, for example, gives you a pet on your birthday that matches your birth month. They change yearly. If you were to want one of the older ones, you have to trade for it, because you weren't there. It's a reward for playing and supporting the site as long as you have. Punishing older players is a grat way to keep them from supporting you.[/quote] This is why I'm for retiring all festival familiars, but I doubt there is a chance for that now. But new players support the site, too. Their "rewards" for being with the site are not treated the same as the older players. Having to work for everything that came before is still equal. Just because there's nothing behind the oldest player to work for doesn't mean it wouldn't still be equal treatment. So your example of what Chickensmoothie does is exactly what I'm talking about, and exactly what FR doesn't do.
Quote:
Older players supported the site where newer players didn't, and older players are the reason FR is still alive today. Aside from that, every single petsite 'favors' players who have been around longer. Chickensmoothie, for example, gives you a pet on your birthday that matches your birth month. They change yearly. If you were to want one of the older ones, you have to trade for it, because you weren't there. It's a reward for playing and supporting the site as long as you have. Punishing older players is a grat way to keep them from supporting you.
This is why I'm for retiring all festival familiars, but I doubt there is a chance for that now.

But new players support the site, too. Their "rewards" for being with the site are not treated the same as the older players. Having to work for everything that came before is still equal. Just because there's nothing behind the oldest player to work for doesn't mean it wouldn't still be equal treatment. So your example of what Chickensmoothie does is exactly what I'm talking about, and exactly what FR doesn't do.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12