Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | enforce "random" exalt bonuses
1 2
This is a tiny suggestion with a 0% rush, but how many times have Coatls been the breed bonus these past 30 days?... I'm pretty sure that a few months ago Faes were the bonus breed for 5 or 6 days in a row; Coatls have been the bonus for 4 days in October and Ridgebacks were the bonus for at least two days in a row last week, not to mention on multiple separate days.

It seems that there are too few breeds to choose from for the random exalt bonus and sometimes the same breed gets chosen multiple times in the same week. While that is a plausible and possibly truly random choice, it doesn't feel very random. The same issue does not affect the color or gene bonuses because there are far more of them.

So my suggestion is that there should be a cap on how often the same breed can end up as a random exalt bonus either in a row or based on past "random" bonuses. Shortly: make "random" a bit less "truly random" :D
This is a tiny suggestion with a 0% rush, but how many times have Coatls been the breed bonus these past 30 days?... I'm pretty sure that a few months ago Faes were the bonus breed for 5 or 6 days in a row; Coatls have been the bonus for 4 days in October and Ridgebacks were the bonus for at least two days in a row last week, not to mention on multiple separate days.

It seems that there are too few breeds to choose from for the random exalt bonus and sometimes the same breed gets chosen multiple times in the same week. While that is a plausible and possibly truly random choice, it doesn't feel very random. The same issue does not affect the color or gene bonuses because there are far more of them.

So my suggestion is that there should be a cap on how often the same breed can end up as a random exalt bonus either in a row or based on past "random" bonuses. Shortly: make "random" a bit less "truly random" :D
JQQ3Fjt.png
On the same train of thought on Exalting, showing bonuses (daily + level bonus) and how much you'll get before you confirm exalting would be nice, knowing if I need to wait or not without having to use charts or check the front page for reference.

More varied daily options would be great, tho. o7
On the same train of thought on Exalting, showing bonuses (daily + level bonus) and how much you'll get before you confirm exalting would be nice, knowing if I need to wait or not without having to use charts or check the front page for reference.

More varied daily options would be great, tho. o7
ASOCY.gifnYGDr.gifXEKZu.gifRL008.gif
pls clicku my egg children, thank u
@Darling

This is a suggestion for how an existing daily bonus gets assigned, not for new bonuses?..

That said, how much you'll get for exalting cannot be shown before exalting because as far as I know, the exact value is chosen randomly from the available range once you press the exalt button, similarly how the colors of hatchlings are generated on the press of hatch button. For example, average value for a lvl5 is 8250 but the actual received value is in the range of 7500-9000 as calculated by the users' data in this guide and no official data exist.
@Darling

This is a suggestion for how an existing daily bonus gets assigned, not for new bonuses?..

That said, how much you'll get for exalting cannot be shown before exalting because as far as I know, the exact value is chosen randomly from the available range once you press the exalt button, similarly how the colors of hatchlings are generated on the press of hatch button. For example, average value for a lvl5 is 8250 but the actual received value is in the range of 7500-9000 as calculated by the users' data in this guide and no official data exist.
JQQ3Fjt.png
@RedWillia I didn't suggest new bonuses. I added that SEEING the bonuses you'll get before you confirm an exault would be nice in addition to more varied daily bonuses. It's building from what you were suggesting. I know we can't see what we'll get beforehand. \o/ Maybe I didn't word it well?
@RedWillia I didn't suggest new bonuses. I added that SEEING the bonuses you'll get before you confirm an exault would be nice in addition to more varied daily bonuses. It's building from what you were suggesting. I know we can't see what we'll get beforehand. \o/ Maybe I didn't word it well?
@Darling

Yeah, the wording is awkward :D

Seeing which bonuses the dragon matches before exalting? Idk, seems of little use to me - I think that whoever wants to exalt, will regardless of bonuses. However, the new Coli will also have a "see all dragons, including the hatchlings" option which I think is also useful to very few people, so maybe actually seeing the bonuses would be nice for those that are less used to exalting. In conclusion - kinda neutral on that :|
@Darling

Yeah, the wording is awkward :D

Seeing which bonuses the dragon matches before exalting? Idk, seems of little use to me - I think that whoever wants to exalt, will regardless of bonuses. However, the new Coli will also have a "see all dragons, including the hatchlings" option which I think is also useful to very few people, so maybe actually seeing the bonuses would be nice for those that are less used to exalting. In conclusion - kinda neutral on that :|
JQQ3Fjt.png
@RedWillia I dunno, I personally forget that daily bonuses are even a thing from time to time unless I'm pleasantly surprised by some extra treasure when I exalt something. It might be good to reaffirm the mechanic and that it exists, especially for new users who might not know that a) they can get bonuses for certain traits and b) taking the time to level dragons means more profit. Might encourage people to exalt random babies over listing them in the AH if they know they can get more from them by putting time into them?

Mostly coming from someone who didn't really see the value in Coliseum until very recently lol.

Edit:
For example...
for a freshly hatched dragon it could say something on the confirmation popup like..
  • Level + 0-0
  • Pistachio Primary + 0
  • Coatl Breed + 1250
  • Freckle Gene + 1250
@RedWillia I dunno, I personally forget that daily bonuses are even a thing from time to time unless I'm pleasantly surprised by some extra treasure when I exalt something. It might be good to reaffirm the mechanic and that it exists, especially for new users who might not know that a) they can get bonuses for certain traits and b) taking the time to level dragons means more profit. Might encourage people to exalt random babies over listing them in the AH if they know they can get more from them by putting time into them?

Mostly coming from someone who didn't really see the value in Coliseum until very recently lol.

Edit:
For example...
for a freshly hatched dragon it could say something on the confirmation popup like..
  • Level + 0-0
  • Pistachio Primary + 0
  • Coatl Breed + 1250
  • Freckle Gene + 1250
The admins as far as we know aren't picking these, the random generator just really likes a breed sometimes. Random chance works like this sometimes. Sometimes you get a streak of the same results it doesn't make it any less "random" if the breed result is repeated at times.
The admins as far as we know aren't picking these, the random generator just really likes a breed sometimes. Random chance works like this sometimes. Sometimes you get a streak of the same results it doesn't make it any less "random" if the breed result is repeated at times.
@wittykitsune

Oh, I know that admins aren't picking them by hand, but I also know that it's possible to make random less "random" - for example, this is about Spotify but as far as I know, the same applies to most music players with a shuffle/random button (link) where the actually randomly generated sequences are made to feel more random.
@wittykitsune

Oh, I know that admins aren't picking them by hand, but I also know that it's possible to make random less "random" - for example, this is about Spotify but as far as I know, the same applies to most music players with a shuffle/random button (link) where the actually randomly generated sequences are made to feel more random.
JQQ3Fjt.png
I rather prefer true random over a probably bogged up fake random.

So what if you don't meet the bonus for breed in a week? There are other boni to go for if that is what you do. And if you like most players just exalt exess dragons you will only be happy if you meet the bonus by chance.

I once very much profited from repeating boni - I managed to profitably exalt 3 different nests of coatles I hatched.
I rather prefer true random over a probably bogged up fake random.

So what if you don't meet the bonus for breed in a week? There are other boni to go for if that is what you do. And if you like most players just exalt exess dragons you will only be happy if you meet the bonus by chance.

I once very much profited from repeating boni - I managed to profitably exalt 3 different nests of coatles I hatched.
I prefer the way it works now, since from what I can tell it is true random. It's much like how my maths professor once told the class to flip a coin 300 times and record how often it went heads or tails. He said that he could tell who really did it versus who faked their numbers because the faked ones were always closer to 50-50 than the rest of them. That's what we expect, but those odds are easier to see over a long period- just 300 (or a month or etc.) is liable to have a selection less even.
I prefer the way it works now, since from what I can tell it is true random. It's much like how my maths professor once told the class to flip a coin 300 times and record how often it went heads or tails. He said that he could tell who really did it versus who faked their numbers because the faked ones were always closer to 50-50 than the rest of them. That's what we expect, but those odds are easier to see over a long period- just 300 (or a month or etc.) is liable to have a selection less even.
eSzGOae.pngCollector of Sickle Claws
1 2