Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | No More Unnamed Exalts
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 27 28
I wonder if people who buy dragons to exalt (unnamed) never read the forums... ? Or they just don't care?
It still happens too often, so I'll name my starters now.
I wonder if people who buy dragons to exalt (unnamed) never read the forums... ? Or they just don't care?
It still happens too often, so I'll name my starters now.
Why not just add a line of code to the exaltation requirements that make it so you CANT exalt a dragon without a name
Why not just add a line of code to the exaltation requirements that make it so you CANT exalt a dragon without a name
@Kuriboh
I agree with you on that, it sounds like a much simpler idea
@Kuriboh
I agree with you on that, it sounds like a much simpler idea
9a63e48a3088ac689e93eb20fd84b2102f10a45e.png
[quote]1) When an Unnamed dragon is exalted, have the server generate a random name for them using the random name generator we already have in place.[/quote] No. Sometimes I exalt [i]my own[/i] hatchlings as unnamed on purpose for roleplaying reasons. [quote]2) Same as idea one, but have it be a separate name generator for each flight with a list of flight-appropriate names.[/quote] No. See previous reason. [quote]3) Give every Unnamed dragon the same name, "Priest of (Flight's god)" or maybe "Servant of "Flight's god)."[/quote] Definitely not. See previous reason, and because sometimes my own roleplaying headcannon ignores the sites own lore as far as exalting goes. I want full control over what I name my hatchlings. [quote]3.5) Same as Idea 3, but have the Dragon's Name/Title be based off of their highest stat(s) instead of a generic name for all dragons (Currently the most popular). Sample Possibilities: Strength: "Soldier of..." Intelligence: "Sorcerer of..." Defense &/or Vitality: "Guard of..." Quickness &/or Agility: "Athlete of..." Mind: "Priest of..." Tied Intelligence & Mind: "Scribe of..." Tied Strength & Mind: "General of..." Tied Defense/Vitality &/or Quickness/Agility: "Defender of..." Tied Defense/Vitality & Mind &/or Quickness/Agility & Mind: "Advisor to..." Tied Strength & Quickness/Agility and/or Strength & Defense/Vitality: "Warrior of..." Tied Intelligence & Strength, Intelligence & Defense/Vitality, &/or Intelligence & Quickness/Agility: "Battlemage of..." Tied Everything, or a mix not listed above: "Honored Servant of..." [/quote] Same as above [quote] 4) When a player is exalting an Unnamed dragon, have an additional window pop up that states something along the lines of "The dragon you are about to exalt is currently unnamed. What would you like to name it?" The window could have the Random Name Generator tied in, so that people in a hurry could just select "Random" and then "Okay." (Currently the least popular idea).[/quote] Yes and no. This will help reduce accidental ones, but most people exalt unnamed because they can't be bothered to randomize, so why would they do it just because a pop up asks? [quote]Idea #5: "Guiliastes" wrote on "2013-09-15: I can't go through 15+ pages of naming suggestions, so I'm gonna just say ... .....why can't the ones whom bred the dragon in the first place be given the option to name them if they get exalted without being named? The breeder could be given a notification and the ability to name them upon the exalt. By exalting them without naming them the previous owners would be granting the original breeder permission to name them since they didn't seem to care to name them in the first place. This will get rid of the ugly unnamed list under your own dragon's offspring list, and let you keep a clean looking bio on your breeding dragons. Then in all fairness also give the new owner the chance to change that name at any time if they pay a small bit of treasure?[/quote] I like this one. Yes please.
Quote:
1) When an Unnamed dragon is exalted, have the server generate a random name for them using the random name generator we already have in place.

No. Sometimes I exalt my own hatchlings as unnamed on purpose for roleplaying reasons.
Quote:
2) Same as idea one, but have it be a separate name generator for each flight with a list of flight-appropriate names.

No. See previous reason.
Quote:
3) Give every Unnamed dragon the same name, "Priest of (Flight's god)" or maybe "Servant of "Flight's god)."

Definitely not. See previous reason, and because sometimes my own roleplaying headcannon ignores the sites own lore as far as exalting goes. I want full control over what I name my hatchlings.
Quote:
3.5) Same as Idea 3, but have the Dragon's Name/Title be based off of their highest stat(s) instead of a generic name for all dragons (Currently the most popular).
Sample Possibilities:
Strength: "Soldier of..."
Intelligence: "Sorcerer of..."
Defense &/or Vitality: "Guard of..."
Quickness &/or Agility: "Athlete of..."
Mind: "Priest of..."
Tied Intelligence & Mind: "Scribe of..."
Tied Strength & Mind: "General of..."
Tied Defense/Vitality &/or Quickness/Agility: "Defender of..."
Tied Defense/Vitality & Mind &/or Quickness/Agility & Mind: "Advisor to..."
Tied Strength & Quickness/Agility and/or Strength & Defense/Vitality: "Warrior of..."
Tied Intelligence & Strength, Intelligence & Defense/Vitality, &/or Intelligence & Quickness/Agility: "Battlemage of..."
Tied Everything, or a mix not listed above: "Honored Servant of..."

Same as above
Quote:
4) When a player is exalting an Unnamed dragon, have an additional window pop up that states something along the lines of "The dragon you are about to exalt is currently unnamed. What would you like to name it?" The window could have the Random Name Generator tied in, so that people in a hurry could just select "Random" and then "Okay." (Currently the least popular idea).
Yes and no. This will help reduce accidental ones, but most people exalt unnamed because they can't be bothered to randomize, so why would they do it just because a pop up asks?
Quote:
Idea #5:
"Guiliastes" wrote on "2013-09-15:
I can't go through 15+ pages of naming suggestions, so I'm gonna just say ...

.....why can't the ones whom bred the dragon in the first place be given the option to name them if they get exalted without being named?

The breeder could be given a notification and the ability to name them upon the exalt. By exalting them without naming them the previous owners would be granting the original breeder permission to name them since they didn't seem to care to name them in the first place. This will get rid of the ugly unnamed list under your own dragon's offspring list, and let you keep a clean looking bio on your breeding dragons.

Then in all fairness also give the new owner the chance to change that name at any time if they pay a small bit of treasure?

I like this one. Yes please.
Maybe it can just randomly assign it a name, or not let you exalt without a name. But then people would name it things like random letters, which is just as bad as "unnamed"

Wouldn't it be easier just to make renaming scrolls cheaper? That way if the breeder really wished to have them named, they could, without taking away the freedom of the next person who bought it in case they wanted to actually keep the dragon.
Maybe it can just randomly assign it a name, or not let you exalt without a name. But then people would name it things like random letters, which is just as bad as "unnamed"

Wouldn't it be easier just to make renaming scrolls cheaper? That way if the breeder really wished to have them named, they could, without taking away the freedom of the next person who bought it in case they wanted to actually keep the dragon.
I kinda want this for a diff reason. My mum had a account and it was a Christian name so someone decided to be "cute" and call one of the hatchlings they exalted SatanRules or sumth (which I guess obviously nobody would keep a dragon called that XD;;;; or maybe they would >;;) and it's just very ugly on the profile even though she gave her account to one of my friends who then gave it to someone else anyway and they don't care.

Still its worrying that someone can basically go in there and do a such thing name it silly and maybe offensive names just to exalt o-o and then the original breeder had no control over it and it is there forever even tho exalted. Can never be renamed. >>; and I wish I could rename my Unnamed exalted ones..........
I kinda want this for a diff reason. My mum had a account and it was a Christian name so someone decided to be "cute" and call one of the hatchlings they exalted SatanRules or sumth (which I guess obviously nobody would keep a dragon called that XD;;;; or maybe they would >;;) and it's just very ugly on the profile even though she gave her account to one of my friends who then gave it to someone else anyway and they don't care.

Still its worrying that someone can basically go in there and do a such thing name it silly and maybe offensive names just to exalt o-o and then the original breeder had no control over it and it is there forever even tho exalted. Can never be renamed. >>; and I wish I could rename my Unnamed exalted ones..........
I vote for Idea #5, because in the end the breeder has the only connection to the exalted dragon. In addition the scroll of renaming could be enabled for exalted dragons. This way the owners of the parents have the full control.
I vote for Idea #5, because in the end the breeder has the only connection to the exalted dragon. In addition the scroll of renaming could be enabled for exalted dragons. This way the owners of the parents have the full control.
support.

of anything, just have the generator assign random names if the exhalter does not name them. it keeps things looking nice. i dont think it would be that hard to put in place.
support.

of anything, just have the generator assign random names if the exhalter does not name them. it keeps things looking nice. i dont think it would be that hard to put in place.
Tis a Dragon at Heart.

EAaaT.gif
I despise seeing 'Unnamed' or worse, 'EXALTED' in my dragons' family trees. I hate that the person who bought my dragon couldn't even be bothered to pick a random name for it.

I've actually started naming all the cheap babies I sell, to prevent this.

A warning message when attempting to exalt an unnamed baby would definitely help - it's so easy to just hit 'Exalt' by accident and then end up with Unnamed in the family tree forever :(

For those who actually want to exalt unnamed dragons, I suppose they should have that option... But for purchased hatchlings, it's just unfair to exalt without a name.
I despise seeing 'Unnamed' or worse, 'EXALTED' in my dragons' family trees. I hate that the person who bought my dragon couldn't even be bothered to pick a random name for it.

I've actually started naming all the cheap babies I sell, to prevent this.

A warning message when attempting to exalt an unnamed baby would definitely help - it's so easy to just hit 'Exalt' by accident and then end up with Unnamed in the family tree forever :(

For those who actually want to exalt unnamed dragons, I suppose they should have that option... But for purchased hatchlings, it's just unfair to exalt without a name.
Defenatly supporting this idea. I have bought a few dragons just for exalting myself - ALWAYS made sure to name them before sending them off... doing this out of respect of the breeder and because i feel bad for the dragon not getting a name, also, i never name the hatchlings i try and sell/trade so the new owner won't have to pay more to give them a fitting name - the result = few exalted unnamed ones in my lists and this makes me very sad :/
Defenatly supporting this idea. I have bought a few dragons just for exalting myself - ALWAYS made sure to name them before sending them off... doing this out of respect of the breeder and because i feel bad for the dragon not getting a name, also, i never name the hatchlings i try and sell/trade so the new owner won't have to pay more to give them a fitting name - the result = few exalted unnamed ones in my lists and this makes me very sad :/
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 27 28