Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | No More Unnamed Exalts
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
@Guiliastes Repeat after me:

It's a game.

It's NOT that serious.

It ISNT a big deal.

If your "OCD" really bothered you that much about it, you would have paid more attention to what you were doing.

You're acting like it's the end of the world that something that doesn't even exist got removed from a game... without a name.

6k is not a big deal if someone wants the dragon. (You can sell a stack of food farmed from coli for that much. And even get rename scrolls in the coli.)

If you REALLY have OCD and have been diagnosed with it and aren't just saying it because you like things neat and tidy, then I apologize for what I'm about to say, but if you are:

Please DO NOT use an illness as a... I don't know what word I'm looking for. Scapegoat? Not the right word.
Just in general don't use OCD in a manner where you just mean "i dont like things this way". It's offensive to people who really have OCD.
@Guiliastes Repeat after me:

It's a game.

It's NOT that serious.

It ISNT a big deal.

If your "OCD" really bothered you that much about it, you would have paid more attention to what you were doing.

You're acting like it's the end of the world that something that doesn't even exist got removed from a game... without a name.

6k is not a big deal if someone wants the dragon. (You can sell a stack of food farmed from coli for that much. And even get rename scrolls in the coli.)

If you REALLY have OCD and have been diagnosed with it and aren't just saying it because you like things neat and tidy, then I apologize for what I'm about to say, but if you are:

Please DO NOT use an illness as a... I don't know what word I'm looking for. Scapegoat? Not the right word.
Just in general don't use OCD in a manner where you just mean "i dont like things this way". It's offensive to people who really have OCD.
33955360_ee9nt9Y6Z9u7RpD.gif
@Guiliastes If you insist on selling dragons unnamed, you have to be mentally prepared of them being exalted unnamed or with funny names. FR isn't going to hold your hand and force other users to play the game your way due to your own unwillingness to change a name. If there's a 'something' that needs to yield, it's you.

If your dragon was so perfect, you'd price babies higher and not for fodder price- or simply not breed them at all with the recognition that you can't sell them uwu

Also Pisces, thank you for pointing out that MENTAL ILLNESS IS NOT A BOOGEYMAN FOR THIS.
@Guiliastes If you insist on selling dragons unnamed, you have to be mentally prepared of them being exalted unnamed or with funny names. FR isn't going to hold your hand and force other users to play the game your way due to your own unwillingness to change a name. If there's a 'something' that needs to yield, it's you.

If your dragon was so perfect, you'd price babies higher and not for fodder price- or simply not breed them at all with the recognition that you can't sell them uwu

Also Pisces, thank you for pointing out that MENTAL ILLNESS IS NOT A BOOGEYMAN FOR THIS.
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
vnfnSuk.gif
@Guiliastes

Uh, like Pisces said, it's a bunch of pixels that turned into numbers crunched into the server. It's not for you to judge. It doesn't even influence you personally. If it doesn't bother you then why are you arguing against it? Just to aggravate people, or to try to control things the way you personally want even at the cost of making it better for or easier on others?
@Guiliastes

Uh, like Pisces said, it's a bunch of pixels that turned into numbers crunched into the server. It's not for you to judge. It doesn't even influence you personally. If it doesn't bother you then why are you arguing against it? Just to aggravate people, or to try to control things the way you personally want even at the cost of making it better for or easier on others?
@Guiliastes I'm going to go ahead and ignore the mental illness parts. You're getting hostile for no reason. I haven't attacked you but you're getting hostile, sarcastic, and being a rude. [quote]It does exist in the game as words on the screen which cause me problems every time I see them, and I can't avoid seeing them if I want to actually play the game, because it's actually a problem for me, not just because I don't like it. It even bothers me on other people's dragons pages, I don't know why it's so triggering but it is.[/quote] Go get the Ponify extension, ponify Unnamed to whatever name you don't mind seeing. That solves that problem. [quote]It is a game. It's not that serious. So is a video game with flashing lights for those with epilepsy. It's not that serious, until something in the game hits them the wrong way and they didn't see it coming. And don't tell me not to play, which is the common response as I've lived this before, as that's not for you to say. It's not the game that's the problem, it's the thing that happened and is now continuously stuck in the game and I have to continuously encounter it that's bothering me. It's something I cannot help.[/quote] You're comparing a bother/annoyance with something that legitimately hurts people. Don't do that. If it bugs you, do the ponify thing. Don't compare this with something that hurts people. [quote]6k is a big deal to new players or players with less time on their hands to earn that treasure, or whatever reason why they don't have much, who would spend that entire 6k on a triple=gened or perfect colored unnamed dragon they happened to find on the auction. I've been there and done that. Having to pay more to name it is annoying. I post them cheaper to make them more available. Having them unnamed is a courtesy.[/quote] Even to new players, 6k is not a big deal. You can get that playing ~10 minutes of shock switch. You can exalt three dragons (the average clutch). You can sell three training grounds familiars (which drop frequently) [quote]I'm not acting like it's the end of the world. You take textual emphasis out of proportion. I use emphasis on different words in a forum post, omg it must be the apocalypse![/quote] The sarcasm makes you look very immature, and you're proving the "actinglike its the end of the world" bit here. [quote]It's not for you to judge. It doesn't even influence you personally. If it doesn't bother you then why are you arguing against it? Just to aggravate people, or to try to control things the way you personally want even at the cost of making it better for or easier on others? It's just a game right? Let others actually enjoy it. You're strangely attached to fighting against slightly altering something that has nothing to do with you if it really doesn't bother you. Why is it you feel so obligated to down-vote and nay-say ideas which will actually help people? I can't understand such things. [/quote] Because it DOES affect me. It affects my, and others, gameplay. What if I exalt dragons unnamed for personal reasons? You're forcing me to not exalt them unnamed with all these suggestions. [quote]You are offensive to me. I do not appreciate that. I have mentioned it in previous posts that I have OCD. I didn't expect you to know that so I did mention it to explain why it was such a problem for me. I also have Anxiety, and Depression, and occasionally games help with that. Please do not minimize my mental suffering by telling me off about it just because you want to be a condescending three-letter-donkey. [/quote] This can stand on its own. But, you're personally insulting me like a little brat throwing a tantrum, because someone disagreed with you. Fling the personal insults somewhere else. They don't belong on flight rising.
@Guiliastes I'm going to go ahead and ignore the mental illness parts.

You're getting hostile for no reason. I haven't attacked you but you're getting hostile, sarcastic, and being a rude.
Quote:
It does exist in the game as words on the screen which cause me problems every time I see them, and I can't avoid seeing them if I want to actually play the game, because it's actually a problem for me, not just because I don't like it. It even bothers me on other people's dragons pages, I don't know why it's so triggering but it is.

Go get the Ponify extension, ponify Unnamed to whatever name you don't mind seeing. That solves that problem.
Quote:
It is a game. It's not that serious. So is a video game with flashing lights for those with epilepsy. It's not that serious, until something in the game hits them the wrong way and they didn't see it coming. And don't tell me not to play, which is the common response as I've lived this before, as that's not for you to say. It's not the game that's the problem, it's the thing that happened and is now continuously stuck in the game and I have to continuously encounter it that's bothering me. It's something I cannot help.

You're comparing a bother/annoyance with something that legitimately hurts people. Don't do that. If it bugs you, do the ponify thing. Don't compare this with something that hurts people.
Quote:
6k is a big deal to new players or players with less time on their hands to earn that treasure, or whatever reason why they don't have much, who would spend that entire 6k on a triple=gened or perfect colored unnamed dragon they happened to find on the auction. I've been there and done that. Having to pay more to name it is annoying. I post them cheaper to make them more available. Having them unnamed is a courtesy.

Even to new players, 6k is not a big deal. You can get that playing ~10 minutes of shock switch. You can exalt three dragons (the average clutch). You can sell three training grounds familiars (which drop frequently)
Quote:
I'm not acting like it's the end of the world. You take textual emphasis out of proportion. I use emphasis on different words in a forum post, omg it must be the apocalypse!

The sarcasm makes you look very immature, and you're proving the "actinglike its the end of the world" bit here.
Quote:
It's not for you to judge. It doesn't even influence you personally. If it doesn't bother you then why are you arguing against it? Just to aggravate people, or to try to control things the way you personally want even at the cost of making it better for or easier on others? It's just a game right? Let others actually enjoy it. You're strangely attached to fighting against slightly altering something that has nothing to do with you if it really doesn't bother you. Why is it you feel so obligated to down-vote and nay-say ideas which will actually help people? I can't understand such things.

Because it DOES affect me. It affects my, and others, gameplay. What if I exalt dragons unnamed for personal reasons? You're forcing me to not exalt them unnamed with all these suggestions.
Quote:
You are offensive to me. I do not appreciate that. I have mentioned it in previous posts that I have OCD. I didn't expect you to know that so I did mention it to explain why it was such a problem for me. I also have Anxiety, and Depression, and occasionally games help with that. Please do not minimize my mental suffering by telling me off about it just because you want to be a condescending three-letter-donkey.

This can stand on its own. But, you're personally insulting me like a little brat throwing a tantrum, because someone disagreed with you. Fling the personal insults somewhere else. They don't belong on flight rising.
I am a female

Edit: @Guiliastes Do you not realize I wasn't talking about the "rename hatchlings that were born to you" suggestion? I mean it's not a great suggestion but.. I support it so long as you can only rename hatchlings that were unnamed.

I was not supporting suggestions that force people into doing things.
I am a female

Edit: @Guiliastes Do you not realize I wasn't talking about the "rename hatchlings that were born to you" suggestion? I mean it's not a great suggestion but.. I support it so long as you can only rename hatchlings that were unnamed.

I was not supporting suggestions that force people into doing things.
[quote]I'm not being hostile, I'm explaining my case. You read it in a voice you expect to hear, and that's on you and how you want to perceive things. If I add emphasis to certain parts, and you read it as hostility, that's your problem. It's to draw attention to the point I was talking about.[/quote] But... [quote]Please do not minimize my mental suffering by telling me off about it just because you want to be a condescending three-letter-donkey.[/quote] How am I misinterpreting this? THAT is hostile. That's the epitome of hostile. [quote]I don't use add-ons, especially if it might potentially be something the admins don't want you to use. I have never even heard of it. Wouldn't know where to find it, and this old computer probably can't handle too many things running at a time. Regardless, it was a suggestion for an in game change, not an out of game fix. Saying there's an add-on for that is moot.[/quote] Get google chrome. [url=http://pterocorn.blogspot.com/2011/10/ponify.html]This is ponify[/url]. It's not against the TOS. Take responsibility for your own mental health instead of trying to make everyone else responsible for it. If its something that bothers you, personally, and your "OCD", fix it as best you can. Ponify will make words look like other words, so if you get ~triggered~ by unnamedin your offspring lists, you can make "Unnamed" look like "Primrose". I'm done responding to you after this. You're a spoiled little child who thinks only of herself, and thinks everyone is out to get her. You use mental illnesses as a fallback to claim people are being meanies to you, and then turn around and act mean to other people and call it okay and use "YOURE READING MY TONE WRONG" as a scapegoat. @athame I feel like this thread needs to be locked, It's devolved into personal insults and attacks.
Quote:
I'm not being hostile, I'm explaining my case. You read it in a voice you expect to hear, and that's on you and how you want to perceive things. If I add emphasis to certain parts, and you read it as hostility, that's your problem. It's to draw attention to the point I was talking about.

But...
Quote:
Please do not minimize my mental suffering by telling me off about it just because you want to be a condescending three-letter-donkey.

How am I misinterpreting this? THAT is hostile. That's the epitome of hostile.
Quote:
I don't use add-ons, especially if it might potentially be something the admins don't want you to use. I have never even heard of it. Wouldn't know where to find it, and this old computer probably can't handle too many things running at a time. Regardless, it was a suggestion for an in game change, not an out of game fix. Saying there's an add-on for that is moot.

Get google chrome. This is ponify. It's not against the TOS. Take responsibility for your own mental health instead of trying to make everyone else responsible for it. If its something that bothers you, personally, and your "OCD", fix it as best you can. Ponify will make words look like other words, so if you get ~triggered~ by unnamedin your offspring lists, you can make "Unnamed" look like "Primrose".

I'm done responding to you after this. You're a spoiled little child who thinks only of herself, and thinks everyone is out to get her. You use mental illnesses as a fallback to claim people are being meanies to you, and then turn around and act mean to other people and call it okay and use "YOURE READING MY TONE WRONG" as a scapegoat.

@athame I feel like this thread needs to be locked, It's devolved into personal insults and attacks.
@Pisces Ok, sorry.

I missed that part about you being female. I usually see the name Pisces as a masculine god so probably projected masculinity on the name.

I was initially responding to your comment of "The only control you need to have over unnamed exalts is naming them yourself before you sell them and thats it." Which was in direct opposition to the suggestions several have made to allow those whom need to rename them the ability to do so.

I never suggested renaming ones that were given names. I know you mentioned that and someone else might have talked about that previously for all I know, though it was not in the original post wherein my suggestion was previously added. I was explaining why the suggestion I propose would be a good suggestion for those whom need it, instead of renaming ones that have names already, to only rename the ones that got exalted without a name, in response to reading your post about not having the ability to name them at all after they're purchased, because some people honestly DO have real problems with it.

Regardless of the reason for your initial post and my initial response to it, the post that came from you after was completely uncalled for. I responded just as rudely in turn, I know. The response I got from you had a completely different tone from the conversation going on before, and was offensive to me due to my disability and the manner in which I was talked down to.

(EDIT: I see now that you'd since responded once again, and are still talking down to me about my disability in that offensive manner, after I asked you to stop.)

You're right in that sort of thing doesn't belong here, so I deleted the posts, and if you want to clean up the thread so it doesn't need to be locked, I suggest you do the same. We were suggesting improvements to the game to make it more friendly and inclusive for ALL users, not just a few. If you don't want me sending you a response, that's fine, so this is the last one.
@Pisces Ok, sorry.

I missed that part about you being female. I usually see the name Pisces as a masculine god so probably projected masculinity on the name.

I was initially responding to your comment of "The only control you need to have over unnamed exalts is naming them yourself before you sell them and thats it." Which was in direct opposition to the suggestions several have made to allow those whom need to rename them the ability to do so.

I never suggested renaming ones that were given names. I know you mentioned that and someone else might have talked about that previously for all I know, though it was not in the original post wherein my suggestion was previously added. I was explaining why the suggestion I propose would be a good suggestion for those whom need it, instead of renaming ones that have names already, to only rename the ones that got exalted without a name, in response to reading your post about not having the ability to name them at all after they're purchased, because some people honestly DO have real problems with it.

Regardless of the reason for your initial post and my initial response to it, the post that came from you after was completely uncalled for. I responded just as rudely in turn, I know. The response I got from you had a completely different tone from the conversation going on before, and was offensive to me due to my disability and the manner in which I was talked down to.

(EDIT: I see now that you'd since responded once again, and are still talking down to me about my disability in that offensive manner, after I asked you to stop.)

You're right in that sort of thing doesn't belong here, so I deleted the posts, and if you want to clean up the thread so it doesn't need to be locked, I suggest you do the same. We were suggesting improvements to the game to make it more friendly and inclusive for ALL users, not just a few. If you don't want me sending you a response, that's fine, so this is the last one.
I was just gonna make a topic like this when I found this thread! It's bothersome to work on breeding pretty dragons, be forced to sell them for cheap so they don't just sit in your lair and then someone EXALTS THEM UNNAMED.

I have nothing against exalting, and don't mind my hatchlings being exalted. But exalting them unnamed annoys me since it'll show up in my dragons offspring list.

I think the easiest to implement (?) and simple would just be giving unnamed exalts a randomly generated name. I'd really like to see this feature happen.

Also retroactively assign a name to all unnamed exalts that already exist!
I was just gonna make a topic like this when I found this thread! It's bothersome to work on breeding pretty dragons, be forced to sell them for cheap so they don't just sit in your lair and then someone EXALTS THEM UNNAMED.

I have nothing against exalting, and don't mind my hatchlings being exalted. But exalting them unnamed annoys me since it'll show up in my dragons offspring list.

I think the easiest to implement (?) and simple would just be giving unnamed exalts a randomly generated name. I'd really like to see this feature happen.

Also retroactively assign a name to all unnamed exalts that already exist!
tumblr_msa0liTuc01qbsm9ko5_500.png
This discussion has gone way off-topic and has become a discussion geared at specific players which is against the Site Rules & Guidelines. This is a reminder to everyone: keep all replies and discussion respectful, constructive, and on topic. This is your one warning, thank you.
This discussion has gone way off-topic and has become a discussion geared at specific players which is against the Site Rules & Guidelines. This is a reminder to everyone: keep all replies and discussion respectful, constructive, and on topic. This is your one warning, thank you.

Volunteer Moderator.
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group.

I am currently offline and unavailable to answer pings or messages.

1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28