Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dragons Background
1 2 3 4 5
Man, I have been hoping we would finally get backgrounds, like pretty much every other pet site out there. What really bums me out, tho, is the realization that FR have already pretty much shot themselves in the foot regarding backgrounds by allowing those fake transparencies in official skins, where parts of the skin are colored white to match the current, generic background to fake subtractions. They'd just show up as white space on a colored background, so dragons with certain official skins would be limited to boring white backgrounds to look their best.

I support this SO HARD, though. I have backgrounds in most of my pet sites, and most of them are stunning.
Man, I have been hoping we would finally get backgrounds, like pretty much every other pet site out there. What really bums me out, tho, is the realization that FR have already pretty much shot themselves in the foot regarding backgrounds by allowing those fake transparencies in official skins, where parts of the skin are colored white to match the current, generic background to fake subtractions. They'd just show up as white space on a colored background, so dragons with certain official skins would be limited to boring white backgrounds to look their best.

I support this SO HARD, though. I have backgrounds in most of my pet sites, and most of them are stunning.
9o5YF7O.png
@Niya
Perhaps have a spot for the dragon to stand / sit in the background? It may be a bit difficult to get one that all breeds could work with, but it would be very cool!
@Niya
Perhaps have a spot for the dragon to stand / sit in the background? It may be a bit difficult to get one that all breeds could work with, but it would be very cool!
tumblr_inline_oau8reiKiO1soemy4_100.png Any Pronouns
FR + 3
Please Ping!
My Sales Lair Tab
My Sales Den Tab

Nest Network 3.4
Wishlist
My FR Tumblr
@GreenGalaxy @Niya

Gryffs, at least, had items that could be placed within the backdround, such as plinths, fallen logs, stone outcroppings, etc (and many, many other bots of decoration that all basically worked in the same way apparel does). That way you could build entire scenes, as well as giving gryffs of different breeds a place to stand.

Though honestly I'm not sure the floating thing is really that bad. I mean, we've all seen our dergs in the coliseum, right? XD
@GreenGalaxy @Niya

Gryffs, at least, had items that could be placed within the backdround, such as plinths, fallen logs, stone outcroppings, etc (and many, many other bots of decoration that all basically worked in the same way apparel does). That way you could build entire scenes, as well as giving gryffs of different breeds a place to stand.

Though honestly I'm not sure the floating thing is really that bad. I mean, we've all seen our dergs in the coliseum, right? XD
9o5YF7O.png
@ciceqi but coli is coli ;p you dont share this "look" on forum yes?

i think if we suggest something for dragons, this must be better, do you think? ^^

oh and build scenes... i think it willl be harder than one simple "image", when i read thour idea i have only one thought, adding items line on chickensmoothie but i think its little messy ;/

@GreenGalaxy apparels "detect" on what breed you use item, so backgrounds can too :P i think tthis will be smaller changes than most apparels eg Birdskull Headdress
@ciceqi but coli is coli ;p you dont share this "look" on forum yes?

i think if we suggest something for dragons, this must be better, do you think? ^^

oh and build scenes... i think it willl be harder than one simple "image", when i read thour idea i have only one thought, adding items line on chickensmoothie but i think its little messy ;/

@GreenGalaxy apparels "detect" on what breed you use item, so backgrounds can too :P i think tthis will be smaller changes than most apparels eg Birdskull Headdress
+8h, She
Light Flight
Familiars Wishlist
___ Iz0e2b4.png
Old links:
Try clean lair!
old fest:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ibaz/2266216
Sell FV and CS
FkAu8Li.pngibewym8.png22aOvgY.gifCkwvckv.pngcrxTv4c.pngcrxTv4c.pngcrxTv4c.pngFkAu8Li.png
- Sleeping Dragon Adopt?
@Niya No, I mean it really works just like apparel--you equip the gryff with wing bangles and a blossoming sakura tree in exactly the same place. You can then enter an image editor and drag the element to a different place if you don't like the inital placement, though FR could choose to standardize item placement per breed the same way they do for apparel, negating the need for this.

And sure, you'd hope they did it better this time around, but new and revamped coli backgrounds still have floaty dragons, and I don't mean the flying ones, so I'm willing to keep my expectations low. XD
@Niya No, I mean it really works just like apparel--you equip the gryff with wing bangles and a blossoming sakura tree in exactly the same place. You can then enter an image editor and drag the element to a different place if you don't like the inital placement, though FR could choose to standardize item placement per breed the same way they do for apparel, negating the need for this.

And sure, you'd hope they did it better this time around, but new and revamped coli backgrounds still have floaty dragons, and I don't mean the flying ones, so I'm willing to keep my expectations low. XD
9o5YF7O.png
I would support this, even if it does make certain skin/ascents more limited. I really like the idea of a background, even if it's very simple. Some dragons look much better on a darker background, and it would be nice to show them off to good effect.
I would support this, even if it does make certain skin/ascents more limited. I really like the idea of a background, even if it's very simple. Some dragons look much better on a darker background, and it would be nice to show them off to good effect.
I was just thinking of this and how cool it would be to have backgrounds of different landmarks available for sale during festivals.
I was just thinking of this and how cool it would be to have backgrounds of different landmarks available for sale during festivals.
Your heart belongs to the wind, ever changing, and ever shifting.
I think this would be better implemented as a third dragon decor mechanic, similar to Accents/skins (but not an accent/skin, because you can only have the one) Where you can select from its own menu and it would have its own limitations/rules ... It would be another great resource for the gem market, art contests, and a way for artists on here to earn!

It could also be more like a forum vista, to be made at events/with achievements, but be a simpler design rather than a scene, with the fading at the edges.
I think this would be better implemented as a third dragon decor mechanic, similar to Accents/skins (but not an accent/skin, because you can only have the one) Where you can select from its own menu and it would have its own limitations/rules ... It would be another great resource for the gem market, art contests, and a way for artists on here to earn!

It could also be more like a forum vista, to be made at events/with achievements, but be a simpler design rather than a scene, with the fading at the edges.
fiFase7.png Draca
She/They
FRT +3
Roleplay Clan
If you do art comms I'm probably on your pinglist lol
this is SO CUTE!! i would definitely use this and i ADORE THIS. EXTREME SUPPORT!
this is SO CUTE!! i would definitely use this and i ADORE THIS. EXTREME SUPPORT!
WBC5JG3.png
MUYNhfy.png
mlHpBMC.png
SM9WJh6.png
7c8ZUEs.png
xxxxxsource

Many matchy g1s up for offer here! Send a PM!
29369802.png featured
dragon
I like this idea a lot, it's already been implemented on a lot of other pet sites anyway (wajas, lioden, howrse), so i don't see why fr couldn't do it too. the coli could drop coli backgrounds, and there could be marketplace versions too, just like the vistas. support.
I like this idea a lot, it's already been implemented on a lot of other pet sites anyway (wajas, lioden, howrse), so i don't see why fr couldn't do it too. the coli could drop coli backgrounds, and there could be marketplace versions too, just like the vistas. support.
img.jpg
1 2 3 4 5