Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | bbcode tweaks and fixes
i feel that when it comes to the bbcode used in forum posts, user profiles, dragon bios etc., certain features are missing and some things could definitely be done better. here's a couple of examples that come to mind:

1. no tables. sure, we have columns, and with enough dedication they can be wrangled into something table-like, but it would be nice to have the ability to create a proper table with rows and cells.

2. no "justify" tag. we have left, right, and center, so why not justify? it'd make reading big chunks of text much easier on the eyes and more visually appealing.

3. right align doesn't work with columns for some reason?

4. when you have two columns, one with an image and another with text, the text in the column becomes smaller than the usual size. why's that?

5. the font size options are a little limited; the difference between 2, 3, and 4 feels too stark. changing the size values from an arbitrarily defined 8 point scale to the height in pixels ("size=10px" or "size=8px" instead of "size=3" or "size=2") would make the sizes more intuitive and the difference between them more gradual. there should still be limits put on that so we don't end up with unreasonably tiny or huge text; maybe a minimum of 7 pixels and maximum of 17? something to think about, anyway.

there's probably more, that's just what i could think of from the top of my head. i don't know how many of these are bugs and how many are conscious decisions, but i do think that a couple of tweaks and fixes would add much more consistency to the bbcode used on fr and make customizing signatures, profiles, dragon bios etc. easier and less frustrating.

tl;dr fr please rewrite your frankencode into proper bbcode my crops are dying
i feel that when it comes to the bbcode used in forum posts, user profiles, dragon bios etc., certain features are missing and some things could definitely be done better. here's a couple of examples that come to mind:

1. no tables. sure, we have columns, and with enough dedication they can be wrangled into something table-like, but it would be nice to have the ability to create a proper table with rows and cells.

2. no "justify" tag. we have left, right, and center, so why not justify? it'd make reading big chunks of text much easier on the eyes and more visually appealing.

3. right align doesn't work with columns for some reason?

4. when you have two columns, one with an image and another with text, the text in the column becomes smaller than the usual size. why's that?

5. the font size options are a little limited; the difference between 2, 3, and 4 feels too stark. changing the size values from an arbitrarily defined 8 point scale to the height in pixels ("size=10px" or "size=8px" instead of "size=3" or "size=2") would make the sizes more intuitive and the difference between them more gradual. there should still be limits put on that so we don't end up with unreasonably tiny or huge text; maybe a minimum of 7 pixels and maximum of 17? something to think about, anyway.

there's probably more, that's just what i could think of from the top of my head. i don't know how many of these are bugs and how many are conscious decisions, but i do think that a couple of tweaks and fixes would add much more consistency to the bbcode used on fr and make customizing signatures, profiles, dragon bios etc. easier and less frustrating.

tl;dr fr please rewrite your frankencode into proper bbcode my crops are dying
extra1.png
avery • 28 • they/she • bio codes
I would love it if center worked with columns too! I want that so often.
I would love it if center worked with columns too! I want that so often.
Fixed width columns! Please! For the love of all things organized.

I'd also really love to see the ability to use special characters without them all turning into a ? returned. And emoji!
Fixed width columns! Please! For the love of all things organized.

I'd also really love to see the ability to use special characters without them all turning into a ? returned. And emoji!
TsVIhAZ.png All I wanna do is 5XIH4zd.png 5XIH4zd.png 5XIH4zd.png 5XIH4zd.png
And 2ZVsoOM.png icon_treasure.png icon_gems.png
And take yo money
50 thumbs up from me. I'd love more and better options for coding.
50 thumbs up from me. I'd love more and better options for coding.
Full support for this! I also notice that sometimes whenever I insert a link the rest of the text after it will turn to the same beige-y colour as the link itself. Not sure if it counts as a bbcode thing, but it's definitely frustrating at times.
Full support for this! I also notice that sometimes whenever I insert a link the rest of the text after it will turn to the same beige-y colour as the link itself. Not sure if it counts as a bbcode thing, but it's definitely frustrating at times.
+19 FR time | She/Her| Nest Network
Please, please, please fix up the columns or just let us use tables! BBCode tables are pretty easy and they would do wonders for thread and bio formatting! *puppy-dog eyes*
Please, please, please fix up the columns or just let us use tables! BBCode tables are pretty easy and they would do wonders for thread and bio formatting! *puppy-dog eyes*
Total support regarding columns and tables. Did someone mentioned fixed width columns? Please PLEASE include that. There had been many occasions that I had to either be creative or just totally change my format to get around the problem of uneven column widths or a huge one besides a tiny strip...

Tables are especially useful for shops. I'd like to see those as well. We can throw in the elapse spoiler tag as well.
Total support regarding columns and tables. Did someone mentioned fixed width columns? Please PLEASE include that. There had been many occasions that I had to either be creative or just totally change my format to get around the problem of uneven column widths or a huge one besides a tiny strip...

Tables are especially useful for shops. I'd like to see those as well. We can throw in the elapse spoiler tag as well.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
Support, support, support. I want a justify option so much I'm too OCD for this unaligned nonsense.
Support, support, support. I want a justify option so much I'm too OCD for this unaligned nonsense.
HriQDbb.png -......

♥ call me lulu

friend reqs [ open ]
inbox [ open ]
@dragonponds
wishlist
buy my moodboards/aesthetics
lore help raffle
free level 28 cauldron
Spoilers

give me them-and not these I mean proper drop down box spoilers
Spoilers

give me them-and not these I mean proper drop down box spoilers
I would love to have justify, table and fixed-width column codes - now sometimes my codes have so many indent codes I can't see the text itself. And the text size decrease in columns is also weird.
I would love to have justify, table and fixed-width column codes - now sometimes my codes have so many indent codes I can't see the text itself. And the text size decrease in columns is also weird.
JQQ3Fjt.png