Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | About Exalted Dragons
1 2
I would like to see which dragons in lineage trees are (or are not) exalted without having to click on each and every one of them. Perhaps exalted dragons could have a colored font that can still be clicked to see the dragon, but would be an immediate tell that "This dragon has been exalted".

I know that there's the strong possibility that a dragon's entire lineage tree could be colored font, but at least you would know that they're all exalted. I would just like to know for sure, since I like checking in on my dragon's offspring, and their offspring, and so on.
I would like to see which dragons in lineage trees are (or are not) exalted without having to click on each and every one of them. Perhaps exalted dragons could have a colored font that can still be clicked to see the dragon, but would be an immediate tell that "This dragon has been exalted".

I know that there's the strong possibility that a dragon's entire lineage tree could be colored font, but at least you would know that they're all exalted. I would just like to know for sure, since I like checking in on my dragon's offspring, and their offspring, and so on.
I don't feel like this is a necessary component to the game. Sure, it might be nice for some people to see who is exalted and who is not exalted, but there isn't a need for it. It might be fun to flip through to see where there is a dragon that has survived on but it doesn't serve any site purpose besides being fun for users.
I don't feel like this is a necessary component to the game. Sure, it might be nice for some people to see who is exalted and who is not exalted, but there isn't a need for it. It might be fun to flip through to see where there is a dragon that has survived on but it doesn't serve any site purpose besides being fun for users.
uCR5SCW.png
I'm of the opposite opinion. I DON'T want my offspring lists to have different fonts, colors, icons, or styles. I like my lists as they are--uniform. So while it might be nice for some people to have wing dings on their offspring lists, for others it would be a nuisance at best or totally ruin the aesthetic at worse. No support unless optional (ah yes, the ever re-appearing Toggle It addendum). It is also worth noting that depending on how this is done, it could have a negative connotation. For example, if the font for exalted dragons is red, faded, or struck through, it would give the impression that exalting is a bad thing.

Also, a note, all dragons "survive on" because exalting is not death. It's just a matter of where they are living now: in their birth lairs, in different lairs, or with the deities.
I'm of the opposite opinion. I DON'T want my offspring lists to have different fonts, colors, icons, or styles. I like my lists as they are--uniform. So while it might be nice for some people to have wing dings on their offspring lists, for others it would be a nuisance at best or totally ruin the aesthetic at worse. No support unless optional (ah yes, the ever re-appearing Toggle It addendum). It is also worth noting that depending on how this is done, it could have a negative connotation. For example, if the font for exalted dragons is red, faded, or struck through, it would give the impression that exalting is a bad thing.

Also, a note, all dragons "survive on" because exalting is not death. It's just a matter of where they are living now: in their birth lairs, in different lairs, or with the deities.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I'd love to be able to sort the offsprings like that, but not sure about the font as, like gemajgall, I'd like the list to look uniform. Still, would be nice to know which ones are still active :D
I'd love to be able to sort the offsprings like that, but not sure about the font as, like gemajgall, I'd like the list to look uniform. Still, would be nice to know which ones are still active :D
I'm not saying the font should be a different style, but some kind of visible tell that they are exalted. And I don't view exaltation as a bad thing, I just want to know which ones are still active when I go to look through family trees.
I'm not saying the font should be a different style, but some kind of visible tell that they are exalted. And I don't view exaltation as a bad thing, I just want to know which ones are still active when I go to look through family trees.
That's the thing...I'm saying I DON'T want a visible tell. Not a different color. Not a different icon. Not a different format. Not a different font. Not a different style. Nothing. I like it all being the same.

Perhaps a better idea would be a "filter" suggestion in which users could filter offspring lists by things such as exalted or which flight they're in. This might be too much work; however, it is possible it could get tied into the Hide Offspring feature that's been in the works.

But absolutely no support for changing the offspring lists. I like them uniform. Please don't change that.
That's the thing...I'm saying I DON'T want a visible tell. Not a different color. Not a different icon. Not a different format. Not a different font. Not a different style. Nothing. I like it all being the same.

Perhaps a better idea would be a "filter" suggestion in which users could filter offspring lists by things such as exalted or which flight they're in. This might be too much work; however, it is possible it could get tied into the Hide Offspring feature that's been in the works.

But absolutely no support for changing the offspring lists. I like them uniform. Please don't change that.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
@Antimoany

A general "hide offspring" button was tried but it broke the site/the dragon page or something of that sort from what I've heard (someone correct me if I am wrong). I doubt they'd want to meddle with something that specific again after the first disaster.
@Antimoany

A general "hide offspring" button was tried but it broke the site/the dragon page or something of that sort from what I've heard (someone correct me if I am wrong). I doubt they'd want to meddle with something that specific again after the first disaster.
uCR5SCW.png
@Antimoany
That is an in-progress feature, although not much is known about it. I know for sure that it will collapse the offspring list and hide all of the Unnamed exalted offspring. As of now, we don't know if that would include named exalted offspring as well.

I, personally, hope that feature will come with more customization. Basically, users choosing which offspring are visible and which ones are in the collapsed list. There could be any number of reasons for hiding offspring from lore to tidiness to hiding disliked names to showcasing pretty offspring to hiding non-exalted dragons.

That's why, in my previous comment, I theorized that maybe a feature like the one suggested in this thread could tie in to the collapsed offspring lists. Players could choose to hide all exalted offspring, named or not, to find the ones on active accounts easier. I do not object to that.
@Antimoany
That is an in-progress feature, although not much is known about it. I know for sure that it will collapse the offspring list and hide all of the Unnamed exalted offspring. As of now, we don't know if that would include named exalted offspring as well.

I, personally, hope that feature will come with more customization. Basically, users choosing which offspring are visible and which ones are in the collapsed list. There could be any number of reasons for hiding offspring from lore to tidiness to hiding disliked names to showcasing pretty offspring to hiding non-exalted dragons.

That's why, in my previous comment, I theorized that maybe a feature like the one suggested in this thread could tie in to the collapsed offspring lists. Players could choose to hide all exalted offspring, named or not, to find the ones on active accounts easier. I do not object to that.
Pings are disabled.

No support. This could clutter up offspring lists and really not something I want on mine. I honestly think it would look bad.
No support. This could clutter up offspring lists and really not something I want on mine. I honestly think it would look bad.
@MirrorDemonNema Technically you kinda already can? I'm not sure if this works across all browsers / systems, but if you hover your cursor over a dragon in the offspring list and you see "view&id=0" it means the dragon's been exalted. [img]https://i.imgsafe.org/439cce0a25.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgsafe.org/43a34b8f07.png[/img] And for phones and tablets, just hold down on the dragon name until the "open, open in new tab etc." window pops up, the url should usually pop up as well.
@MirrorDemonNema

Technically you kinda already can?

I'm not sure if this works across all browsers / systems, but if you hover your cursor over a dragon in the offspring list and you see "view&id=0" it means the dragon's been exalted.

439cce0a25.png
43a34b8f07.png

And for phones and tablets, just hold down on the dragon name until the "open, open in new tab etc." window pops up, the url should usually pop up as well.
Tn4aWhc.png
1 2