Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Bring dergs back & teens!
Everyone at some point has exalted a dragon and later regretted it, so imagine if you could bring exalted dergs back into your lair? This does have rules though:

1. it will cost you around 500kt or 1200g to bring a derg back
2. you can only bring back dergs YOU have exalted

My second suggestion is adolescence! Instead of dragons immediately growing from a cute tiny hatchling into an adult, how about there are teenager dragons?! This period lasts 5 extra days from hatchling period. for example: male ridgeback teens have a smaller nose horn than the adults and female tundra teens have more fur than adults.

What do ya think?
Everyone at some point has exalted a dragon and later regretted it, so imagine if you could bring exalted dergs back into your lair? This does have rules though:

1. it will cost you around 500kt or 1200g to bring a derg back
2. you can only bring back dergs YOU have exalted

My second suggestion is adolescence! Instead of dragons immediately growing from a cute tiny hatchling into an adult, how about there are teenager dragons?! This period lasts 5 extra days from hatchling period. for example: male ridgeback teens have a smaller nose horn than the adults and female tundra teens have more fur than adults.

What do ya think?
No support for bringing back exalted dragons. You can just go and focus on breeding a clone, which will be less expensive to bring back.

Also no support for adolescence, as it demands drawing two more bases for each species, plus genes for all of them. It's time that could be spent on drawing new breeds
No support for bringing back exalted dragons. You can just go and focus on breeding a clone, which will be less expensive to bring back.

Also no support for adolescence, as it demands drawing two more bases for each species, plus genes for all of them. It's time that could be spent on drawing new breeds
These points come up a lot:

1. Sorry, but no, exalting is an honor and a way to remove data from the system. To my understand all data but physical, color/breed/sex/genes, is cleared upon the dragon being exalted. This could also interfere with Dominance (exalting high level dragons and then bringing them back and exalting them again, even at such a high price, there are a LOT of people with a LOT of money and are willing to win Dom at any cost). I would support being able to bring progens back because they gain you nothing.

2. Cute, and I wouldn't mind seeing a scroll that did this, perhaps with just one image for both sexes (to sort of show a gawky young teenager that hasn't fully blossom etc..), but I do not think it should be automatic. Some people already dislike the 5 days you ahve to wait for the hatchling to grow up because you can't put hatchlings in the Coliseum. This would be pretty much extending the time you couldn't put the hatchling in the coli, or it would mean more work for the coliseum coders to add teenager images. so Sorry, no support there either.

Edit: Sopheroo also hit on something (which is why I suggested only one base per breed): the time it would take to draw the new bases. However, I do think that in the future they might have enough resources to be able to add these in, though I still dont' think it would be a good idea to extend the 'non-adult' stage of the dragon, a lot of people also wait anxiously to be able to dress the dragons. *glances as blue babies and pink baby in lair*
These points come up a lot:

1. Sorry, but no, exalting is an honor and a way to remove data from the system. To my understand all data but physical, color/breed/sex/genes, is cleared upon the dragon being exalted. This could also interfere with Dominance (exalting high level dragons and then bringing them back and exalting them again, even at such a high price, there are a LOT of people with a LOT of money and are willing to win Dom at any cost). I would support being able to bring progens back because they gain you nothing.

2. Cute, and I wouldn't mind seeing a scroll that did this, perhaps with just one image for both sexes (to sort of show a gawky young teenager that hasn't fully blossom etc..), but I do not think it should be automatic. Some people already dislike the 5 days you ahve to wait for the hatchling to grow up because you can't put hatchlings in the Coliseum. This would be pretty much extending the time you couldn't put the hatchling in the coli, or it would mean more work for the coliseum coders to add teenager images. so Sorry, no support there either.

Edit: Sopheroo also hit on something (which is why I suggested only one base per breed): the time it would take to draw the new bases. However, I do think that in the future they might have enough resources to be able to add these in, though I still dont' think it would be a good idea to extend the 'non-adult' stage of the dragon, a lot of people also wait anxiously to be able to dress the dragons. *glances as blue babies and pink baby in lair*

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No support for either.

I'm more neutral on the first suggestion, actually, leaning to no support. If someone had a lot of money but not enough for an expansion, they can just store their dragon by exalting them. Also, it is used as a way to wipe their data off the site and release server strain.

No support for teens though. I am very excited for a couple of my dragons to grow up because lore reasons and I do not want to wait 5 more days for that. I don't want to wait 5 more days to use them as an avatar, to give them apparel, or anything.
No support for either.

I'm more neutral on the first suggestion, actually, leaning to no support. If someone had a lot of money but not enough for an expansion, they can just store their dragon by exalting them. Also, it is used as a way to wipe their data off the site and release server strain.

No support for teens though. I am very excited for a couple of my dragons to grow up because lore reasons and I do not want to wait 5 more days for that. I don't want to wait 5 more days to use them as an avatar, to give them apparel, or anything.
Support for the first! I think having them back at level one would be better though. It would be nice to be able to get dragons back.

For the second one, I think it would be super cool!! I would like it a lot, but I think it's definitely too much work. And what dragonfire said, I don't think a lot of people would like the idea of having to wait even longer. Re-drawing every gene and a whole new base for every breed would take a long time.
Support for the first! I think having them back at level one would be better though. It would be nice to be able to get dragons back.

For the second one, I think it would be super cool!! I would like it a lot, but I think it's definitely too much work. And what dragonfire said, I don't think a lot of people would like the idea of having to wait even longer. Re-drawing every gene and a whole new base for every breed would take a long time.
I support a one-time return of progens.

No support for teenage dragons as that would require as much artwork as a new breed without the benefits of actually being a new breed.
I support a one-time return of progens.

No support for teenage dragons as that would require as much artwork as a new breed without the benefits of actually being a new breed.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
No support for unexalting dragons. The point of exalting is to remove dragons from the system and to reduce the load on the servers, and as such everything apart from the dragon's image and bloodlines is removed. Everything is wiped. There is nothing to restore. I don't even support unexalting progens.

If people exalt a dragon and don't realise their mistake, it is possible for the admins to restore only one dragon, and they'll do it once. That's sufficient.

No support for a teenage phase. My main reasons have already been mentioned, but between drawing all the extra art, getting new colour palettes ready and apparel/genes fitted to the base, it's just too much work. Besides, I wait five days as it is for my dragons to grow up, I have no desire to wait longer for some awkward phase. Teenagers have it rough enough, let the dragons enjoy the awkward period where they can't be gawked at.
No support for unexalting dragons. The point of exalting is to remove dragons from the system and to reduce the load on the servers, and as such everything apart from the dragon's image and bloodlines is removed. Everything is wiped. There is nothing to restore. I don't even support unexalting progens.

If people exalt a dragon and don't realise their mistake, it is possible for the admins to restore only one dragon, and they'll do it once. That's sufficient.

No support for a teenage phase. My main reasons have already been mentioned, but between drawing all the extra art, getting new colour palettes ready and apparel/genes fitted to the base, it's just too much work. Besides, I wait five days as it is for my dragons to grow up, I have no desire to wait longer for some awkward phase. Teenagers have it rough enough, let the dragons enjoy the awkward period where they can't be gawked at.
Would screw up the coding, unfortunately.
Teen-dom would be unnecessary, but who knows, maybe one day. If they run out of more important things image-wise to make!
Would screw up the coding, unfortunately.
Teen-dom would be unnecessary, but who knows, maybe one day. If they run out of more important things image-wise to make!
0BrAWFT.png8sbZLoS.png
Support for progens (with dropping them down to lvl1 and randomising the rest of the info as it's deleted anyway) as they don't influence dom and usually are the ones people wish to return most often.

No support for teen art as it's just a lot of additional work for staff (and they even had to remove male/female versions of hatchlings to cut it down), and I'd prefer having male/female hatchlings in this case as this distinction could actually be useful instead of being simply decorative :3
Support for progens (with dropping them down to lvl1 and randomising the rest of the info as it's deleted anyway) as they don't influence dom and usually are the ones people wish to return most often.

No support for teen art as it's just a lot of additional work for staff (and they even had to remove male/female versions of hatchlings to cut it down), and I'd prefer having male/female hatchlings in this case as this distinction could actually be useful instead of being simply decorative :3
@MadameEponine

No support for the first idea because of the aforementioned reasons

Support for the second, but under the conditions that it doesn't extend the time to grow up, but instead happens at day three and that the Flight Rising staff only does this when they're not so busy. (which might be never lol)
@MadameEponine

No support for the first idea because of the aforementioned reasons

Support for the second, but under the conditions that it doesn't extend the time to grow up, but instead happens at day three and that the Flight Rising staff only does this when they're not so busy. (which might be never lol)

MOOONCHIILLD!