Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Search forum(s) option
It would be insanely useful if there was an option to search forums. Especially being able to search within a specific forum.

Example 1: I'd be shocked if this was not suggested before. Having a search option would cut down on unnecessary repeated threads.

Example 2
: The dragon sales/wanted forums, for example, move insanely fast. So people are forced to repeatedly bump, or go back 30+ pages to find all the threads posted within the last 24 hours.

Example 3: Can find old threads/posts you made (or even recent ones, if you're an active poster it can be difficult to track them)

I'd imagine it'd relieve a bit of stress on the servers if you could do a simple search, instead of having to open every single thread + multiple other pages
It would be insanely useful if there was an option to search forums. Especially being able to search within a specific forum.

Example 1: I'd be shocked if this was not suggested before. Having a search option would cut down on unnecessary repeated threads.

Example 2
: The dragon sales/wanted forums, for example, move insanely fast. So people are forced to repeatedly bump, or go back 30+ pages to find all the threads posted within the last 24 hours.

Example 3: Can find old threads/posts you made (or even recent ones, if you're an active poster it can be difficult to track them)

I'd imagine it'd relieve a bit of stress on the servers if you could do a simple search, instead of having to open every single thread + multiple other pages
Support, I've been having the same problems and it's no fun.
Support, I've been having the same problems and it's no fun.
rrt_smll_by_windy_breeze-da7prsu.gif
@meirro @archo

It is my understanding that the searxh feature was originally active on site but due to the server issues/lack of funding for better servers in the early days of the site they had to turn it off because people using it was weighing down the servers.

Once the servers have upgraded to a point where it won't have a meltdrown searching they will likely turn it back on

As for the topic of being able to search within a specific forum though, tons of support for that. I think it would be super useful once search is functioning again.
@meirro @archo

It is my understanding that the searxh feature was originally active on site but due to the server issues/lack of funding for better servers in the early days of the site they had to turn it off because people using it was weighing down the servers.

Once the servers have upgraded to a point where it won't have a meltdrown searching they will likely turn it back on

As for the topic of being able to search within a specific forum though, tons of support for that. I think it would be super useful once search is functioning again.
Seeking:
Shadow/Heather/Wisteria
Bonus if already an Aberration
PM if interested in selling