Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Breed Idea - ScytheWing
I have seen a few breed suggestions on the forum and decided to make my own. Many of us would like an aquatic dragon apart from the Guardian, a more watery one.
ScytheWing_zpsr0n3nhaz.jpg

Diet: Seafood, Insects, Plants
Rarity: Uncommon (So that they are two + SkyDancers?)
Breeding Cooldown: 25days

This amphibian dragon would live in the vicinity of the Spiral Keep and in the Fishspine Reef, though it would also inhabit moist zones across the world.
It is slightly smaller than a PearlCatcher, and its large eyes allow it to pierce the gloom of the depths of lakes, oceans and dark jungles. Its vast, ray-like wings can slice through kelp and folliage, helping it collect food (there the name).
Like a frog, the ScytheWing can use its long hind legs for propulsion underwater and leaping to start flight on land.
They like the company of other breeds as well as of their own kind, although they don't speak much, often preffering silence and peace to loud chatting.
Ill be working on the other gender (which would be a female), a bit more of lore, and the hatchling.
Ideas and suggestions are greatly appreciated :)
I have seen a few breed suggestions on the forum and decided to make my own. Many of us would like an aquatic dragon apart from the Guardian, a more watery one.
ScytheWing_zpsr0n3nhaz.jpg

Diet: Seafood, Insects, Plants
Rarity: Uncommon (So that they are two + SkyDancers?)
Breeding Cooldown: 25days

This amphibian dragon would live in the vicinity of the Spiral Keep and in the Fishspine Reef, though it would also inhabit moist zones across the world.
It is slightly smaller than a PearlCatcher, and its large eyes allow it to pierce the gloom of the depths of lakes, oceans and dark jungles. Its vast, ray-like wings can slice through kelp and folliage, helping it collect food (there the name).
Like a frog, the ScytheWing can use its long hind legs for propulsion underwater and leaping to start flight on land.
They like the company of other breeds as well as of their own kind, although they don't speak much, often preffering silence and peace to loud chatting.
Ill be working on the other gender (which would be a female), a bit more of lore, and the hatchling.
Ideas and suggestions are greatly appreciated :)
@araucaria

Ok, first off, these are awesome and I give my full support. But just a little question, where does the name Scythewing come in? Their wings don't look particularly sharp, maybe a name to do with their long tails? Anyways, other than that bit of confusion these are amazing and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
@araucaria

Ok, first off, these are awesome and I give my full support. But just a little question, where does the name Scythewing come in? Their wings don't look particularly sharp, maybe a name to do with their long tails? Anyways, other than that bit of confusion these are amazing and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
dct6cq2-114b1547-3fa8-4b5c-94f0-0fef4947daf3.png
@Lopai

I simply couldn't think of a good name then. I was thinking of adding blades to the wings so that it makes more sense, or maybe i could try to come up with a new one, possibly something to do with the environment they live in.
I would love any suggestions :)
@Lopai

I simply couldn't think of a good name then. I was thinking of adding blades to the wings so that it makes more sense, or maybe i could try to come up with a new one, possibly something to do with the environment they live in.
I would love any suggestions :)
@araucaria

I feel like big boney blades on their wings would only slow them down in the water, make them too heavy. Plus I really like the current look. *snickers at water pun*

As for names...something to do with waves or the ocean perhaps? Wakerider sounds like a pretty cool name and with those manta-like wings they look like they could totally pull it off. Tidal or Lashtail would also be awesome names.
@araucaria

I feel like big boney blades on their wings would only slow them down in the water, make them too heavy. Plus I really like the current look. *snickers at water pun*

As for names...something to do with waves or the ocean perhaps? Wakerider sounds like a pretty cool name and with those manta-like wings they look like they could totally pull it off. Tidal or Lashtail would also be awesome names.
dct6cq2-114b1547-3fa8-4b5c-94f0-0fef4947daf3.png
I think they look cool! However from an artistic standpoint a lot of clothes would not work correctly with them considering how the wings connect down almost the entire length of the body. It looks nice, but it may cause complications with chest/body apparel - I know imperials have a similar problem and I see a lot of threads about apparel faults around their wings.
I think they look cool! However from an artistic standpoint a lot of clothes would not work correctly with them considering how the wings connect down almost the entire length of the body. It looks nice, but it may cause complications with chest/body apparel - I know imperials have a similar problem and I see a lot of threads about apparel faults around their wings.