Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Discard a Nest
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Tons of support! I really dislike the fact that we're unable to do it now. I'd prefer an "egg by egg" option (for lore purposes) but if it's not possible, full discard would work too.
Tons of support! I really dislike the fact that we're unable to do it now. I'd prefer an "egg by egg" option (for lore purposes) but if it's not possible, full discard would work too.
Support. I probably wouldn't want to use this feature, but I can totally see why someone else would want to.
Support. I probably wouldn't want to use this feature, but I can totally see why someone else would want to.
jCVhFoZ.gif
I think this would be a great idea as a consumable Marketplace item. I remember putting a fodder pair on a nest once and later panicking when I realized that doing so came very close to excluding the pair from being exalted in Light vs Plague. Though their nest did hatch in time for the end of the dom battle, if I had gotten the timing wrong I would have greatly wanted an item that could discard the nest.

Being on a nest excludes dragons from many things. Scroll using, selling, trading, exalting, all that. In an emergency, it seems like there should be some way to dump a nest. Plus, as another user has pointed out, accidentally breeding a G1 could wreck their resale value. As has been stated, dumping the nest would of course not change breeding cooldown in any way.

I can't imagine a situation in which this would be a bad idea. As a clearly labelled consumable item, there would be no chance of a user clicking the wrong button and accidentally discarding a nest. You probably wouldn't even know the item existed unless you were in need of it.

The only issue is the lore, just saying your dragons had scrambled eggs for breakfast or something is a little cruel. I suppose maybe the eggs could be stated as having been adopted by neighboring clans or given directly to your Flight's deity (NO dom bonus, of course. No treasure, no gems, no effect on dom rankings, nothing.)
I think this would be a great idea as a consumable Marketplace item. I remember putting a fodder pair on a nest once and later panicking when I realized that doing so came very close to excluding the pair from being exalted in Light vs Plague. Though their nest did hatch in time for the end of the dom battle, if I had gotten the timing wrong I would have greatly wanted an item that could discard the nest.

Being on a nest excludes dragons from many things. Scroll using, selling, trading, exalting, all that. In an emergency, it seems like there should be some way to dump a nest. Plus, as another user has pointed out, accidentally breeding a G1 could wreck their resale value. As has been stated, dumping the nest would of course not change breeding cooldown in any way.

I can't imagine a situation in which this would be a bad idea. As a clearly labelled consumable item, there would be no chance of a user clicking the wrong button and accidentally discarding a nest. You probably wouldn't even know the item existed unless you were in need of it.

The only issue is the lore, just saying your dragons had scrambled eggs for breakfast or something is a little cruel. I suppose maybe the eggs could be stated as having been adopted by neighboring clans or given directly to your Flight's deity (NO dom bonus, of course. No treasure, no gems, no effect on dom rankings, nothing.)
The RNG taketh, and the RNG taketh more. The RNG does not give.
Hoard style apparel guide (!image heavy!)
Small art shop!
@ShiraCheshire

Also if you say that they go to the deity that gives a possible reason that unhatched eggs exist in the first place. As that is something that has bothered me on where they come from. So support if it if it is for a whole nest only and the dragons go on cool down along with the nest for a couple days.
@ShiraCheshire

Also if you say that they go to the deity that gives a possible reason that unhatched eggs exist in the first place. As that is something that has bothered me on where they come from. So support if it if it is for a whole nest only and the dragons go on cool down along with the nest for a couple days.
tumblr_inline_ny7iuf0sWN1qmzhvw_540.png YlaLYbY.gifBiLKyog.gif+3 FR|She/Her
I support the whole nest dumping option. It'd be super helpful at times & could be a lore-friendly way to explain the random unhatched eggs found through scavenging and such.
I support the whole nest dumping option. It'd be super helpful at times & could be a lore-friendly way to explain the random unhatched eggs found through scavenging and such.
[quote name="ShiraCheshire" date=2016-03-18 05:05:32] The only issue is the lore, just saying your dragons had scrambled eggs for breakfast or something is a little cruel. I suppose maybe the eggs could be stated as having been adopted by neighboring clans or given directly to your Flight's deity (NO dom bonus, of course. No treasure, no gems, no effect on dom rankings, nothing.) [/quote] I'm sure the staff could come up with suitable lore! I'm referring to the suggested mechanic as "discard a nest/eggs", but in game, it could really be labelled as anything. Offering the nest to our deity is an interesting idea. (and yes of course, it would be aesthetic only, no actual bonuses or rewards) The only problem I can see is having the deities mentioned might be confusing to players. I can see it misleading players to thinking that such an option would have a payout much like exaltation and lair expansion does. Something along the lines of "Leave Nest" might also work. Unattended nests get stolen by rogue wildclaws or beastclans. XD A little more of an ambiguous fate for the eggs, but a lot clearer that no bonuses or rewards would be involved. but either way, the lore behind the mechanic isn't part of this suggestion. I'll leave that up to the very talented staff!
ShiraCheshire wrote on 2016-03-18:

I'm sure the staff could come up with suitable lore!
I'm referring to the suggested mechanic as "discard a nest/eggs", but in game, it could really be labelled as anything.

Offering the nest to our deity is an interesting idea. (and yes of course, it would be aesthetic only, no actual bonuses or rewards) The only problem I can see is having the deities mentioned might be confusing to players. I can see it misleading players to thinking that such an option would have a payout much like exaltation and lair expansion does.

Something along the lines of "Leave Nest" might also work. Unattended nests get stolen by rogue wildclaws or beastclans. XD A little more of an ambiguous fate for the eggs, but a lot clearer that no bonuses or rewards would be involved.

but either way, the lore behind the mechanic isn't part of this suggestion. I'll leave that up to the very talented staff!
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
Support so long as it is the entire nest, adds more challenge to the game.

I'd also support a breeding toggle, so some dragons won't show up in the nesting grounds (this toggle, obviously, would reset upon the dragon being CR'd/sold/etc)
Support so long as it is the entire nest, adds more challenge to the game.

I'd also support a breeding toggle, so some dragons won't show up in the nesting grounds (this toggle, obviously, would reset upon the dragon being CR'd/sold/etc)
I'm gonna breed change all the deities into Wildclaws.
Looking to buy a 5 digit, btw!
[quote name="Valemora" date=2016-03-17 13:43:41] Tons of support! I really dislike the fact that we're unable to do it now. I'd prefer an "egg by egg" option (for lore purposes) but if it's not possible, full discard would work too. [/quote] I too would prefer an egg by egg option as it would have more flexibility than discarding an entire nest. By flexibility I mean it can be used to reduce a nest so it can be hatched in the cases of limited lair space, reduce a nest so there is only one or two eggs for lore purposes, be used multiple times to completely discard a nest in accidental/miss-breedings etc. I do think any eggs discarded should count towards that stat in our account settings which was a left over from egg rot. Lore wise an option to discard eggs individually could be explained as removing an infertile egg from the nest. This item (especially if it discards the entire nest) should NOT cost gems as it should be easily affordable and it already 'penalizes' players by fewer/no dragons (so less profit) and the parent dragons are on cooldown so can't breed right away)
Valemora wrote on 2016-03-17:

I too would prefer an egg by egg option as it would have more flexibility than discarding an entire nest. By flexibility I mean it can be used to reduce a nest so it can be hatched in the cases of limited lair space, reduce a nest so there is only one or two eggs for lore purposes, be used multiple times to completely discard a nest in accidental/miss-breedings etc.

I do think any eggs discarded should count towards that stat in our account settings which was a left over from egg rot.

Lore wise an option to discard eggs individually could be explained as removing an infertile egg from the nest.

This item (especially if it discards the entire nest) should NOT cost gems as it should be easily affordable and it already 'penalizes' players by fewer/no dragons (so less profit) and the parent dragons are on cooldown so can't breed right away)
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote name="DragonSage" date=2016-03-20 11:26:00] [quote name="Valemora" date=2016-03-17 13:43:41] Tons of support! I really dislike the fact that we're unable to do it now. I'd prefer an "egg by egg" option (for lore purposes) but if it's not possible, full discard would work too. [/quote] I too would prefer an egg by egg option as it would have more flexibility than discarding an entire nest. By flexibility I mean it can be used to reduce a nest so it can be hatched in the cases of limited lair space, reduce a nest so there is only one or two eggs for lore purposes, be used multiple times to completely discard a nest in accidental/miss-breedings etc. I do think any eggs discarded should count towards that stat in our account settings which was a left over from egg rot. Lore wise an option to discard eggs individually could be explained as removing an infertile egg from the nest. [/quote] Or as others have said, the nest tenders being 'lax' and the egg being stolen from the clan by whoever. ([s]or black market egg selling by clan members? or the parents themselves?[/s])
DragonSage wrote on 2016-03-20:
Valemora wrote on 2016-03-17:

I too would prefer an egg by egg option as it would have more flexibility than discarding an entire nest. By flexibility I mean it can be used to reduce a nest so it can be hatched in the cases of limited lair space, reduce a nest so there is only one or two eggs for lore purposes, be used multiple times to completely discard a nest in accidental/miss-breedings etc.

I do think any eggs discarded should count towards that stat in our account settings which was a left over from egg rot.

Lore wise an option to discard eggs individually could be explained as removing an infertile egg from the nest.

Or as others have said, the nest tenders being 'lax' and the egg being stolen from the clan by whoever. (or black market egg selling by clan members? or the parents themselves?)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
The only way I'd support this is if the nest was still unable to be used for the full 5 days and the dragons you killed the nest still had their full cooldown as well. In other words, you'd get zero advantage for doing it. Otherwise people would use it to kill off 1 egg nests to try another pair to get more eggs. Alternatively, make it cost as much as a boon of fertility. Once again, no material advantage given.
The only way I'd support this is if the nest was still unable to be used for the full 5 days and the dragons you killed the nest still had their full cooldown as well. In other words, you'd get zero advantage for doing it. Otherwise people would use it to kill off 1 egg nests to try another pair to get more eggs. Alternatively, make it cost as much as a boon of fertility. Once again, no material advantage given.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7