Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | oop nevermind
Am I the only one who wishes that exalted dragons kept their bios? I'd love to read about 'em, but all we get is their avatar and parents/offspring. Not even the same stats for length/colours that they have when they're in your lair.

So?? Suggestion that exalted dragons keep their bio and stats? Also because, with the color wheel expansion coming out, eyeballing a dragon and trying to pinpoint what colours it is might get a a bit trickier. Yeah.
Am I the only one who wishes that exalted dragons kept their bios? I'd love to read about 'em, but all we get is their avatar and parents/offspring. Not even the same stats for length/colours that they have when they're in your lair.

So?? Suggestion that exalted dragons keep their bio and stats? Also because, with the color wheel expansion coming out, eyeballing a dragon and trying to pinpoint what colours it is might get a a bit trickier. Yeah.
Sorry, no support.

The whole point of exalting is to remove information from the system. You can still find the dragons colors by putting that dragon's id into the Scrying Workshop.

While one bio might only be a couple of KB, think of the thousands upon thousands of dragons that are exalted. Those bios and stats add up fast. There was already talk that the images might be replaced with 'statues' (I do not know if this is something that WILL happen or something that MIGHT happen). I would rather not hasten that end by having even more information be stored than already is.

Plus, I can see this opening up a HUGE can of potential harassment when there are a ton of dragons with Do No Exalt in their bios etc...
Sorry, no support.

The whole point of exalting is to remove information from the system. You can still find the dragons colors by putting that dragon's id into the Scrying Workshop.

While one bio might only be a couple of KB, think of the thousands upon thousands of dragons that are exalted. Those bios and stats add up fast. There was already talk that the images might be replaced with 'statues' (I do not know if this is something that WILL happen or something that MIGHT happen). I would rather not hasten that end by having even more information be stored than already is.

Plus, I can see this opening up a HUGE can of potential harassment when there are a ton of dragons with Do No Exalt in their bios etc...

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I imagine honestly this would lead to a lot of spite stuff and conflict ;__; as cool as I think it would be I think it would be too risky- sure if something was inappropriate in a bio someone could report it but it would be a lot of reports probably. Spite exalting, bad sportsmanship in dom battles etc.

Stats/level would be cool though- at one point there was talk of exalted dragons likenesses being replaced with statues to reduce server space, but that was two years ago and the servers are improving, so I have a feeling that's not going to happen.
I imagine honestly this would lead to a lot of spite stuff and conflict ;__; as cool as I think it would be I think it would be too risky- sure if something was inappropriate in a bio someone could report it but it would be a lot of reports probably. Spite exalting, bad sportsmanship in dom battles etc.

Stats/level would be cool though- at one point there was talk of exalted dragons likenesses being replaced with statues to reduce server space, but that was two years ago and the servers are improving, so I have a feeling that's not going to happen.
@Jemadar

I didn't realize that keeping that info would be such a strain on the system, oop. Plus the ID thing didn't occur to me DOUBLE OOP. Thank u for ur reply

@chespin

u too, thanks for explanation~ <3
@Jemadar

I didn't realize that keeping that info would be such a strain on the system, oop. Plus the ID thing didn't occur to me DOUBLE OOP. Thank u for ur reply

@chespin

u too, thanks for explanation~ <3
@Sycophantism

Truthfully I don't know how much of a strain it would be, but I do know (from my own computer) that lots of little pictures can add up to a LOT of Megabytes in a very short amount of time. Since there are a lot of dragons exalted, especially during dom battles, if even half of those had 1 or 2 KB bios, that can add up. Exalting is meant, from what I have heard, to take data off the system while leaving the bare bones (I assume) such as color/gene info, lineage and image.

As for the ID thing, yeah, a lot of people don't realize it. I didn't until I saw a post elsewhere about it :)
@Sycophantism

Truthfully I don't know how much of a strain it would be, but I do know (from my own computer) that lots of little pictures can add up to a LOT of Megabytes in a very short amount of time. Since there are a lot of dragons exalted, especially during dom battles, if even half of those had 1 or 2 KB bios, that can add up. Exalting is meant, from what I have heard, to take data off the system while leaving the bare bones (I assume) such as color/gene info, lineage and image.

As for the ID thing, yeah, a lot of people don't realize it. I didn't until I saw a post elsewhere about it :)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png