Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Add Gathering items with more food...
1 2
... points. I thought of this when I realized that all dragons seem to be 'hunting' is bats, lizards, snakes, rabbits, and chickens, nothing much larger than a foot in size. Likewise, most of the insects and seafood items are small creatures (not much can be done with Foraging.)

So my idea is to tweak Gathering a little, and add items that have more value and more food points, to represent larger game. Deer, mammoths, boar, dolphins, full-size sharks (the little ones don't count), whales, giant insectoid creatures (pretty much anything with an exoskeleton or carapace should count as insects). These larger animals SHOULDN'T necessarily be rarer drops, BUT when they do they should drop in stacks of 1 or 2 ONLY.

While the items-with-more-food idea is a) not new and b) already covered by updates, the meat (pun intended) of this suggestion is that the animals themselves are larger species.

This ISN'T a balance changer, mainly a small rework for flavor (pun intended again) purposes.
... points. I thought of this when I realized that all dragons seem to be 'hunting' is bats, lizards, snakes, rabbits, and chickens, nothing much larger than a foot in size. Likewise, most of the insects and seafood items are small creatures (not much can be done with Foraging.)

So my idea is to tweak Gathering a little, and add items that have more value and more food points, to represent larger game. Deer, mammoths, boar, dolphins, full-size sharks (the little ones don't count), whales, giant insectoid creatures (pretty much anything with an exoskeleton or carapace should count as insects). These larger animals SHOULDN'T necessarily be rarer drops, BUT when they do they should drop in stacks of 1 or 2 ONLY.

While the items-with-more-food idea is a) not new and b) already covered by updates, the meat (pun intended) of this suggestion is that the animals themselves are larger species.

This ISN'T a balance changer, mainly a small rework for flavor (pun intended again) purposes.
windh4.png
I think someone suggested something similar to this before, where they were calling for the Mammoth be a high level food item, but either way I still support this! You'd think lvl 25 hunters would be able to take down a Deer or a Mammoth xD
I think someone suggested something similar to this before, where they were calling for the Mammoth be a high level food item, but either way I still support this! You'd think lvl 25 hunters would be able to take down a Deer or a Mammoth xD
Tn4aWhc.png
I support bigger prey with more foodpoints. Be it as uncommon or rare drop. It would at least bring some diversity into the small animals foodsource we have right now.
I support bigger prey with more foodpoints. Be it as uncommon or rare drop. It would at least bring some diversity into the small animals foodsource we have right now.
Supported. Can you imagine how tedious it must be for 30m long 10,000kg dragons to eat enough bunnies and mice at a mealtime to feel full? Must pretty much taste/feel like all fluff and bone :P
Supported. Can you imagine how tedious it must be for 30m long 10,000kg dragons to eat enough bunnies and mice at a mealtime to feel full? Must pretty much taste/feel like all fluff and bone :P
half_sigbanner_by_kuhalearthshaker-d9zgk4h.png
Support.

A high level gathering should not come back with a single mouse.
Support.

A high level gathering should not come back with a single mouse.
Yt4sddf.png
I'd love to see more high-point stuff at higher levels. It's logical both lore-wise and mechanics-wise. I feed my lair via gathering only and this "here have a blade of grass" is not very funny when you're 26 lvl in foraging...
I'd love to see more high-point stuff at higher levels. It's logical both lore-wise and mechanics-wise. I feed my lair via gathering only and this "here have a blade of grass" is not very funny when you're 26 lvl in foraging...
I support.
Higher stuff at higher level would make sense
... Rather than a 2 point insect when your gathering level is 25
I support.
Higher stuff at higher level would make sense
... Rather than a 2 point insect when your gathering level is 25
ElFi6Vj.pngGuess you could say I'm on ice.BNEyPcu.png
Support from me! Higher level gathering should turn up better stuff than just a single mouse or bird during a turn.

Imagine that poor imp or guardian trying to get his fill on all those tiny little rodents he can barely see XD
Support from me! Higher level gathering should turn up better stuff than just a single mouse or bird during a turn.

Imagine that poor imp or guardian trying to get his fill on all those tiny little rodents he can barely see XD
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
Support!

As far as bigger plant stuffs - just bring back an entire tree just do it
Support!

As far as bigger plant stuffs - just bring back an entire tree just do it

Support! Can you imagine being the size of a Guardian or Imperial and having to eat a piece of food smaller than your pinky claw? Eek.
Support! Can you imagine being the size of a Guardian or Imperial and having to eat a piece of food smaller than your pinky claw? Eek.
9-CD1-DC7-E-618-B-4516-ADC7-CFC344-B78-FAE.jpg
1 2